Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,196 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

My Pc Cant Boot Beyond Me Asserting My Password - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Pc Cant Boot Beyond Me Asserting My Password (818 Views)

Cant Boot To Windows Pls Help / Please Help, My Laptop Cant Login After Puting My Password / Pls Help,dell P3 Laptop Cant Boot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Pc Cant Boot Beyond Me Asserting My Password by kemunde: 9:58am On Sep 01, 2012
Am using ubuntu os.I dint have this problem before ,it came up recently.I formated my machine the first time this problem came up and it worked but for a short time then it came up again and I formated it again only to be worst than before .

I dont know how to go about this .I need help.

regards kemunde
Re: My Pc Cant Boot Beyond Me Asserting My Password by Gerardcole(m): 10:13am On Sep 01, 2012
Try to format with windows that is compatible with your machine.
undecided
undecided

1 Like

Re: My Pc Cant Boot Beyond Me Asserting My Password by Emmyk(m): 10:16am On Sep 01, 2012
Spot on!
Re: My Pc Cant Boot Beyond Me Asserting My Password by Maleeq(m): 7:04pm On Sep 01, 2012
kemunde: Am using ubuntu os.I dint have this problem before ,it came up recently.I formated my machine the first time this problem came up and it worked but for a short time then it came up again and I formated it again only to be worst than before .

I dont know how to go about this .I need help.

regards kemunde
Do you still have the LIVE CD? If you do, boot up from the LIVE CD and lets run you through some basic checks.

During your installation, did you manually specify the installation paths? Perhaps you did something wrong...but first things first, get the live CD up.

PS: post into this thread dedicated to Ubuntu for quicker replies from gurus
Re: My Pc Cant Boot Beyond Me Asserting My Password by damatolnew: 10:28am On Sep 11, 2012
Maleeq:
Do you still have the LIVE CD? If you do, boot up from the LIVE CD and lets run you through some basic checks.

During your installation, did you manually specify the installation paths? Perhaps you did something wrong...but first things first, get the live CD up.

PS: post into this thread dedicated to Ubuntu for quicker replies from gurus
pls bro,how can i create a live cd,thanks in advance
Re: My Pc Cant Boot Beyond Me Asserting My Password by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 15, 2012
damatolnew:

You can disable your system's (requesting your pasword) while booting from your control panel.
Re: My Pc Cant Boot Beyond Me Asserting My Password by tessyade: 6:43pm On Sep 15, 2012
okpara ugo:

You can disable your system's (requesting your pasword) while booting from your control panel.
How will he get to the control panel when the system cannot boot beyond the password stage?
Re: My Pc Cant Boot Beyond Me Asserting My Password by tessyade: 6:45pm On Sep 15, 2012
damatolnew:
You don't create the live CD. It is the CD with which you installed the operating system initially. Hope you've not misplace it.
Re: My Pc Cant Boot Beyond Me Asserting My Password by lanreni: 6:07pm On Oct 24, 2012
trust me,from time to time,ur ubuntu'll kip poppin up wit issues.the ubuntu isn't designd for day 2 day usage on any type of system config.why not format,load win7,partition and install ubuntu.for me,dat saves a lot of future stress,givin u more flexibility.
Re: My Pc Cant Boot Beyond Me Asserting My Password by damatolnew: 9:26am On Oct 26, 2012
tessyade: You don't create the live CD. It is the CD with which you installed the operating system initially. Hope you've not misplace it.
I was nt giving any disc wen i bought my laptop.and i bought it newly.infact i was d one dt open it inside d catton.
Re: My Pc Cant Boot Beyond Me Asserting My Password by Maleeq(m): 9:05am On Oct 27, 2012
lanreni: [b]trust me,from time to time,ur ubuntu'll kip poppin up wit issues.the ubuntu isn't designd for day 2 day usage on any type of system config.[/b]why not format,load win7,partition and install ubuntu.for me,dat saves a lot of future stress,givin u more flexibility.
Question: Have you really used Ubuntu? That statement is false. Ubuntu would run on the least of system configurations: configurations that wouldn't even boot windows up!

damatolnew:
I was nt giving any disc wen i bought my laptop.and i bought it newly.infact i was d one dt open it inside d catton.
Your laptop should have a recovery partition on its hard drive, thus eliminates the need for CD/DVD.

(1) (Reply)

Asus C90S Motherboard Urgetly Needed / Advice On Buyin A Modem / External Drive Problem (HDD) USB Drive Not Recognized

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.