Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:05 AM

Ghanaian Actress And Their Tribes: Which Tribe Has The Most Beautiful Actresses - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ghanaian Actress And Their Tribes: Which Tribe Has The Most Beautiful Actresses (78104 Views)

Top 20 Most Curvy And Bootylicious Nollywood/Ghollywood Actresses ( Photos ) / Gorgeous! Check Out The TOP 10 Most Beautiful Actresses In Ghana / Ghanaian Actress Martha Ankomah With And Without Makeup (2) (3) (4)

Re: Ghanaian Actress And Their Tribes: Which Tribe Has The Most Beautiful Actresses by dasparrow: 4:17am On Sep 12, 2012
DARE_FATADE:

Juliet ibrahim did not migrate to ghana. she was born in ghana and raised in ivory coast.but decided to return to the country where she was born. her mum is half ghana from the ashanti tribe/ half liberian and her dad is lebanese.

Okay, thanks for clarifying that. Like I said in my initial post, I had read that info about her background somewhere so I was not sure. I don't know these Ghanaian actresses personally so I just go by what I read about them.
Re: Ghanaian Actress And Their Tribes: Which Tribe Has The Most Beautiful Actresses by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 09, 2012
its fanti for me
Re: Ghanaian Actress And Their Tribes: Which Tribe Has The Most Beautiful Actresses by somegirl1: 10:03pm On Dec 24, 2012
It would have been best to use pure Ghanaians as reps for this sort of question. How do you compare a Lebanese/ Ewe mix against a Lebanese/ GA mix or Igbo/Ashanti mix vs Igbo/ Fanti mix for e.g if they look more Lebanese or Igbo than members their respective Ghanaian tribes?

Same issue with the Nigerian "beauty of ........" threads where some Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas etc with mothers from other ethnic groups whose facial features have been "compromised" are used to rep typical looks of their fathers' ethnic groups.

p.s Ebiere is Ijaw not Igbo.
Re: Ghanaian Actress And Their Tribes: Which Tribe Has The Most Beautiful Actresses by tjslow(m): 11:55am On Dec 25, 2012
I love then fanti

Re: Ghanaian Actress And Their Tribes: Which Tribe Has The Most Beautiful Actresses by kennyrosie: 12:01pm On Mar 19, 2013
[quote author=Sybellah]
There is no way anyone can compare Ghana women with Nigeria counterpart. In what way, besides the few in acting roles, some with natural black toned skin and their biracial children, Ghanaians are far behind on the list when it comes to pretty ladies. The issue of biracial actor/ actresses who see very often in Ghana and Nigerian movies to me is self identity crisis, people tying to brand in to fit into mindset of beauty thereby mixing with Chinese, Lebanese etc.. Because someone is mixed and light skinned doesn't necessarily mean they 're pretty.
Re: Ghanaian Actress And Their Tribes: Which Tribe Has The Most Beautiful Actresses by smoothcrim2014: 4:31am On May 17, 2013
More Nigerians showing jealousy of Ghanaians!!!

Re: Ghanaian Actress And Their Tribes: Which Tribe Has The Most Beautiful Actresses by RSAGenius: 5:56am On May 17, 2013
[quote author=kennyrosie][/quote]

whatever. dont forget that other africans see Nigerians every day and we know how a typical nigerian look like. you talk as if nollywood has never featured mixed raced actors and actresses before. last time i checked ramsey noah, eku edewor, caroline ekanem, ibinabo feberisima, shan george were all mixed, and the two mixed raced girls that desmond elliot featured in one of his movies. seriously you guys need to get a life with this your ghanaians can never be beautiful than nigerians bullshit. its getting boring. ghanaians have already shown how beautiful they are through their movies.you showcased what you have from your country on screen, they also showcased what they have from country. stop hating.

Re: Ghanaian Actress And Their Tribes: Which Tribe Has The Most Beautiful Actresses by whatzbyafria(m): 7:42am On May 17, 2013
the Ashanti tribe has the finest women then the fanti tribe but they are all beautiful tho.
Re: Ghanaian Actress And Their Tribes: Which Tribe Has The Most Beautiful Actresses by WhoRYou: 4:58am On Oct 08, 2013
Juliet mother is,Liberian & her dad is Lebanese. She actually lived on the lib refugee came in ivory coast before she migrated to Ghana like many others. Her husband is Ghanaian that's it.
Re: Ghanaian Actress And Their Tribes: Which Tribe Has The Most Beautiful Actresses by Henrypraise: 11:16am On Oct 08, 2013
RSA_Genius: They look like who? Nigerian women? Dude it's pretty clear that you dont even know what women from your country look like. I thought you were gonna say they look south african . Why do nigerians assume that other African countries dont know what Nigerian women look like. Dude i can give you a vivid description of what Nigerian women look like based on 20 or so years that your women have graced the screens of Africa through movies and also based on what i have seen here in America and my home country South Africa. Nigerian women usualy have big lips or big mouth, you know the Miss Piggy kind of mouth. Your actresses like Tonto Dike, Rita dominic, One Uche Obodo or watever her name is, all fall under what a typical nigerian woman look like. over here in the USA, Simi, Inije, Amara, Tayo. OMG! you should see these women,Ugly with a mouth like pigs. if your lucky to find a Nigerian women who doesnt have mouth as big as pig, she is either shapeless or have unattractive legs. thats the God damn truth based on my experience. Now if u are lucky to find a Nigerian women who doesnt have the typical miss piggy lips, is not shapeless and doesnt have unattractive legs, she has bleached the heck out of her body. you know the kind of bleaching that hurts your eyes.Now how many of your actresses have their own natural color. From Tonto Dike to Rita Dominic to Omotola,all these actresses have bleached the hell outta their body.i mean almost all ur actresses have bleached their body.Gosh even Mercy Johnson is bleaching her face.Now if ur lucky to find a nigerian woman who doesnt have all these problems mentioned above, she usually look like she is suffering from gigantism; very tall, big and manly looking with a feet as wide as that of Big Foot.Dude go to BellaNaija and see Nigerian women in high heels; very unattractive at all.; bunch of bleached as legs with big feet in high heels. Dude leave these ghanaian Ladies alone. they are simply gorgeous. their mixed raced are beautiful so is their non mixed raced women.infact saying their look like Nigerian women is a big insult to these gorgeous women.

Wit all dis sentimental talk, I tink a united africa died wit Gadafi of libya.

BTW, Are u sure they look like S.African women, cos d last time I checked, S.A women have big fore heads, stunted growth, short thick legs, dark lips, teeth like hyenas, big back sides and inflated tommy....

Pls d ghanian actress' ar pretty n I go for d fanti tribe.

Re: Ghanaian Actress And Their Tribes: Which Tribe Has The Most Beautiful Actresses by adorable29(f): 12:09pm On Oct 08, 2013
Oh puhleassssseeeee! ALLLLL d pictures here have been air brushed! Enough of this nonsense competitions! Every tribe has got beautiful and ugly women! Grow up already!

NB: RSA nongenious: Abeg go hug transormer wit all your hatred 4 naija! Otondo!
Re: Ghanaian Actress And Their Tribes: Which Tribe Has The Most Beautiful Actresses by Enahi(f): 1:37pm On Oct 08, 2013
RSA_Genius:

whatever. dont forget that other africans see Nigerians every day and we know how a typical nigerian look like. you talk as if nollywood has never featured mixed raced actors and actresses before. last time i checked ramsey noah, eku edewor, caroline ekanem, ibinabo feberisima, shan george were all mixed, and the two mixed raced girls that desmond elliot featured in one of his movies. seriously you guys need to get a life with this your ghanaians can never be beautiful than nigerians bullshit. its getting boring. ghanaians have already shown how beautiful they are through their movies.you showcased what you have from your country on screen, they also showcased wh at they have from country. stop hating.
Seriously its either you are insane or you need reading glasses. No one here insulted ladies from Ghana. You are from Ghana but trying to claim to be South African. You life must be so frustrated. We don't need ur likes to appreciate us. We simply don't care. Nitwit.

Re: Ghanaian Actress And Their Tribes: Which Tribe Has The Most Beautiful Actresses by temmytboi(m): 6:55pm On Oct 08, 2013
Henry praise:

Wit all dis sentimental talk, I tink a united africa died wit Gadafi of libya.

BTW, Are u sure they look like S.African women, cos d last time I checked, [b][/b]S.A women have big fore heads, stunted growth, short thick legs, dark lips, teeth like hyenas, big back sides and inflated tommy....

Pls d ghanian actress' ar pretty n I go for d fanti tribe.
*Rolling on the floor*

Re: Ghanaian Actress And Their Tribes: Which Tribe Has The Most Beautiful Actresses by reddrag: 10:42am On Oct 27, 2013
Go back
Tribes, Rastas & Religions
Ghana is a place with a multitude of tribes, religions, languages, and customs all coexisting peacefully. Let us give you some basic information on some of the people you will meet in Ghana
People of Ghana
  Ashanti
  Ewe
  Fante
  Ga
  Dagomba
Rastas
Religions of Ghana
Ashanti
The Ashanti are an Akan people and their tribe is the largest in Ghana. They are one of the few matrilineal societies in West Africa. Twi is the language of the Ashanti people and one of the most widely spoken languages in Ghana. It is a Ghanaan Akan dialect similar to Fante.
Prior to European colonization, the Ashanti people developed a large and influential empire in West Africa. They were a powerful, military, and highly disciplined people of West Africa.The Ashanti later developed the powerful Ashanti Confederacy or Asanteman and became the dominant presence in the region.
Ewe
The Ewe people occupy southeastern Ghana and parts of neighboring Togo and Benin. The Ewe are essentially a patrilineal people, the founder of a community became the chief and was usually succeeded by his paternal relatives. Ewe religion is organized around a creator deity, Mawu, and over 600 other deities. Many village celebrations and ceremonies take place in honor of one or more deities.
Coastal Ewe tribes depend on the fishing trade, while inland Ewe are usually farmers and keep livestock. The local variations in economic activities have led to craft specialization. The Ewe also weave kente cloth, often in geometrical patterns and symbolic designs that have been handed down through the ages. It is their claim that they are the original Kente weavers, and that the more well-know Ashanti Kente industry was established by kidnapped Ewe weavers long long ago.
Fante
The Mfantsefo or Fante are an Akan people. This ethnic group is mainly gathered in the south-western coastal region of Ghana The coastal Akan (Fanti) were the first to have relations with Europeans during the "Scramble for Africa". As a result of long association, these groups absorbed aspects of British culture and language. For example, it became customary among these peoples to accept British surnames
When the Portuguese arrived in the 15th century, the Fante prevented them from venturing inland and leased properties for Portuguese trading missions. But when the Portuguese objected to Fante rules and regulations the Fante expelled them. Thenceforth the Dutch arrived followed by the English. The Fante served as middlemen in the commerce between the interior and British and Dutch traders on the coast.
Major cities of the Fanti's are Cape Coast and Elmina.
Ga
The Ga-Adangbe are about 2 million, making about 8% of Ghana's population. They mostly live in the southeastern coastal region of the Greater Accra region in Accra, Tema, La, Ningo, Kpone, Prampram, and Ada. The Ga's are mostly mixed religious people of Christians, Muslims, and traditionalists.
The Ga people celebrate the massive Homowo festival, literally meaning "mocking hunger". This festival celebrates the passing of a great famine hundreds of years ago. Another popular Ga festival is Asafotu, an annual warrior's festival celebrated by the people of Ada. Check our list of festivals in Ghana.
Ga people are known for elaborate funeral celebrations where special coffins are crafted depicting the occupation or symbol of one's standing in community. For example, a taxi cab driver is buried with coffin in the shape of a car. These coffin workshops may be visited in the community of Teshie, near La Beach.
Dagomba
The Dagomba people are a large group that populate the northern regions of Ghana and Burkina Faso. They are Muslim and traditionalists with the most common local languages being Dagbani and Hausa. In Dagomba villages, the chief's house is usually a dome-shaped hut located in the center of the village or above the others. Drummers play an important role as both musician and court historians.
The overlord of the Dagbon traditional kingdom is known as the Ya Naa, literal
Re: Ghanaian Actress And Their Tribes: Which Tribe Has The Most Beautiful Actresses by sylve11: 2:02pm On Aug 11, 2014
RSAGenius: They look like who? Nigerian women? Dude it's pretty clear that you dont even know what women from your country look like. I thought you were gonna say they look south african. Why do nigerians assume that other African countries dont know what Nigerian women look like. Dude i can give you a vivid description of what Nigerian women look like based on 20 or so years that your women have graced the screens of Africa through movies and also based on what i have seen here in America and my home country South Africa. Nigerian women usualy have big lips or big mouth, you know the Miss Piggy kind of mouth. Your actresses like Tonto Dike, Rita dominic, One Uche Obodo or watever her name is, all fall under what a typical nigerian woman look like. over here in the USA, Simi, Inije, Amara, Tayo. OMG! you should see these women,Ugly with a mouth like pigs. if your lucky to find a Nigerian women who doesnt have mouth as big as pig, she is either shapeless or have unattractive legs. thats the God damn truth based on my experience. Now if u are lucky to find a Nigerian women who doesnt have the typical miss piggy lips, is not shapeless and doesnt have unattractive legs, she has bleached the heck out of her body. you know the kind of bleaching that hurts your eyes.Now how many of your actresses have their own natural color. From Tonto Dike to Rita Dominic to Omotola,all these actresses have bleached the hell outta their body.i mean almost all ur actresses have bleached their body.Gosh even Mercy Johnson is bleaching her face.Now if ur lucky to find a nigerian woman who doesnt have all these problems mentioned above, she usually look like she is suffering from gigantism; very tall, big and manly looking with a feet as wide as that of Big Foot.Dude go to BellaNaija and see Nigerian women in high heels; very unattractive at all.; bunch of bleached as legs with big feet in high heels. Dude leave these ghanaian Ladies alone. they are simply gorgeous. their mixed raced are beautiful so is their non mixed raced women.infact saying their look like Nigerian women is a big insult to these gorgeous women.

My oh my! grin grin cool

Ned Nwoko, His Daughters And Regina Daniels Strike A Pose In Private Jet / Davido Steps Out In Style With His Security Men To Lagos Island Beach (Photos) / See The Mountain Of Game Of Thrones With His Brothers