Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Our Generation.. Nigeria Is Our Responsibility - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Our Generation.. Nigeria Is Our Responsibility (3606 Views)

Generation To Generations... / The Tenth Generation / Neo Generation Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Generation.. Nigeria Is Our Responsibility by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 02, 2012
A generation I choose to term that which I was born into not where I actually belong, because my generation is still rise, This generation seem so retarded that a famous professor, prof. Wole Soyinka choose to term it as a failed generation, in every sphere of human Endeavour. Because and I am also compelled to believe that the ruler as well as the ruled is corrupt. I am not a judge, I am only a poet expressing my deepest feeling, as a normal human you link event not criticize the writers. I wasn’t there in the past, I don’t believe in written records, most were forged at least I have senses I could see, hear and feel the world around me, Likewise, we don’t know what the fate may hold for the future generation, but we are here today and its all that matters and “we must be the change we wish to see” says Mahatma Gandhi.
What I breathe is bad air, me and you produce, I feel the heat perishing souls on earth, screams of suffering and pain me and you endure, yet we pretend to be feeling okay, sight of people suffering and we attribute it to their fate. We have become so blinded that we lose our definition of humanity. We are regressing back to animalism. The economy, what we are much more concern with, is least affected, our psychology is the main target of this psycholytic acts. 2pac said “what is worst than physical death is that which dies within us while we are still alive”. I am asking us to weigh our conscience, ask yourself the big question, are you still psychologically and humanly alive
The interesting part is that no one is now safe again, those who torture and the tortured are all feeling pain and insecurity every seconds that burns away. Where are the morals of the Religion and Culture that we take as our identity? Does it include wickedness? We constantly blame the government; then I pause to ask myself and you, what is government? Who make up the government? Is the government not our various parents (and selves), we push them with too much desires and demands; in turn they push on and rub the poor of what they are managing on. Is this humanity? We are all at fault, and we must realize this before we can progress; else we should stop daydreaming of e go better future. He that wishes to move the world must first move himself and the all the matters will follow.
Don’t think we are alone. Every country is with her own burden. It’s a test. In the Scripture it is vividly stated that upon no man will a burden greater than he can carry be placed, we can do it. Let put ourselves at the receiving end. At least a good percentage of use still feed, it’s something to thank God for. I believe in you all. I may be wrong in some places pardon me I am human like you, it’s our identity.
THANKS FOR READING. MAKE SURE YOU GRAB SOMETHING.

(1) (Reply)

Story Of Mary, The Great Girl / MTN Unlimited Internet Access / A Tempered Destiny By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.