Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,138 members, 7,860,088 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:35 AM

Wep Decrypting Softy In Linux Environs, Anyone! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Wep Decrypting Softy In Linux Environs, Anyone! (749 Views)

Infotitans Training (network Administration In Linux Platform) / Please, I Need An Expert In Linux / Needed A Smart Guide With Good Skills In Linux And C Programming Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wep Decrypting Softy In Linux Environs, Anyone! by abohrandy: 8:40pm On Jan 04, 2008
please i don't have any linux system around me and i have some packets with IVs which i hope to get the wep key of some wireless network around me so i just want anyone with any wep decrypting softy to help me do this lil assignment. i will send the packets to you and you will run the progarm and get back to me asap. please and one in the house willing to help a brother,
Re: Wep Decrypting Softy In Linux Environs, Anyone! by Maleeq(m): 2:17pm On Jan 05, 2008
Nna men! Ribadu never leave finish, some men don start to . . . lipsrsealed

Do you know what you are trying to get done is illegal?
Re: Wep Decrypting Softy In Linux Environs, Anyone! by Wysiwyg: 5:27pm On Jan 05, 2008
@abohrandy,

I don't think what you are doing is criminal. If at all, I believe "your crime is that of curiousity". Nothing do you ma brother. No biggies about wep deciphers, just google it. I would've loved to help you out but busy, me very busy. Moreover you don't have to look for any linux platform to carry out your task, even if you get one, the person must have such program installed as things like that are from third parties.

Go download "Ethereal" on your windows and find a way to learn to use it( guess i can't be lecturing you on that right now). I think that will do just fine. Any probs after that, halla me. You can get ethereal on top hacker sites( dont tell anyone I told you all this stuff o!). Peace.
Re: Wep Decrypting Softy In Linux Environs, Anyone! by abohrandy: 9:15pm On Jan 12, 2008
i tried downloading ethereal but it won't install so i went for wireshark. that captures but i don't get the IVs coming out and that is what stands btw me and the wep key right now. so how do i go abt geting the IVs from the captured packets?

Maleeq:

Nna men! Ribadu never leave finish, some men don start to . . . lipsrsealed

Do you know what you are trying to get done is illegal?

na my fault say i get wireless lan around my house and it has just WEP to secure it?
well i know wit tym i will get this thing!!!
Re: Wep Decrypting Softy In Linux Environs, Anyone! by Maleeq(m): 1:17pm On Jan 14, 2008
abohrandy:

na my fault say i get wireless lan around my house and it has just WEP to secure it?
No be your fault at all.

DISCLAIMER: This is not Maleeq typing this!!!

From your initial post, you mention having the capture files, send it to me. I have an application here the analyzes capture files. One more thing, how did you get the captures? By ARP injection? Cos thats the method that guarantees atleast a packet with IVs in 'em.

Just send the capture file. I ran diagnostic on it. . .for free!

I would have told you the application I'll be using, but I want to hold back some "trade secrets"!!! grin

(1) (Reply)

Networking / Needs A Part Time It Instructor Job / Usb Flash Drives For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.