Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,885 members, 7,814,000 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Will Our Application To Visit The Uk Be Accepted.candid Opinion From The Experts - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Will Our Application To Visit The Uk Be Accepted.candid Opinion From The Experts (2607 Views)

Should Refugees Be Accepted In Nigeria? / Free Admission Application To Study At Uk Universities / Visa Application To Norway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Our Application To Visit The Uk Be Accepted.candid Opinion From The Experts by babybird82(f): 10:24pm On Jan 04, 2008
Hi everyone, i have been going through the thread for the past hour and i am certain i will get the help i need.

I applied for a UK family visit visa in November 2006 but was refused for 2 reasons.

1) Anomalies and inconsistencies in the oceanic bank statement of my sponsor here in Nigeria. That the document cannot be relied upon as satisfactory evidence of my circumstances in Nigeria.
2) The mobile phone number of my aunt in the Uk was linked to 3 different applications and 3 different addresses in the UK.

I appealed in December 2006 and in may 2007 the appeal result was sent to me. This is the determination of the Judge

1)I have considered the reliability of the oceanic bank statement by looking at the matter in the round and having done so and taking account of the letter from oceanic bank dated 25th october 2006, which confirms that the account is genuine, i find that i am able to accept the bank statements as reliable evidence of the appellant's financial circumstances.
2) I note from the document headed sponsor search results that this mobile number is used in respect of three seemingly unconnected applications for entry clearance, two applications at Abuja, one in Lagos. All 3 applications have different addresses only 1 which coincides with the address given by the sponsor.

The appeal in respect of the immigration rules is dismissed.

My fiance applied for a UK student visa in september 2006 but was refused for 2 reasons.

1) You have submitted olabisi onabanjo notification of result in support of your application. Anomalies and inconsistencies in this document have led me to conclude on the balance of probabilities that the document cannot be relied upon as satisfactory evidence of of you or your sponsor's circumstances here in Nigeria. This causes me to doubt your true motivation for travelling to the UK and ultimately leads me to doubt you are able to follow your proposed course of study in the UK.
2) It is not clear from your application how your course will be of benefit to you or enhance your future prospects. I am therefore not satisfied the cost of these studies is proportionate to your current economic circumstances and advantages you might derive from this course of study.

He tried all he could to get his transcript from olabisi onabanjo to enable him re-apply but all to no avail. After much trying, we requested for a refund of 2500pounds that was deposited before the application in august 2006 in september 2007. The funds were returned completely in november 2007.

Now we wish to re-apply in march or april. He will be taking his leave then and we want to go spend sometime in the UK. At least to show a little bit of credibility after they refused our previous applications. None of us submitted any forged document in the previous ones. My so-called boyfriend back then was the one that used the documents sent to me from UK by a friend's mum from UK to make some applications before he gave them to me. I was not even aware of it until i made my own application.

We want to apply for a tourist visa to the UK for only 1 week. Hopefully, we should be married before then but if not, how do we make our applications.

How do we go about it?

What documents do we need to submit since we will be dropping our application together?

He will be submitting his pay slips and i will be submitting my savings account statement because i am self-employed. Although we have a financial sponsor whose bank statements will also be submitted.

Do we need to be officially married before we can apply together?

We intend to stay in a hotel for the duration of our stay if the visa is granted. How do we go about it too? Do we need to make bookings before the application?

Please i will like the experts in the house to tell us how best to go about it. If there is any other information you will need to clarify from us, please feel free to ask.

Thanks and a prosperous new year to all nairalanders.
Re: Will Our Application To Visit The Uk Be Accepted.candid Opinion From The Experts by funkybaby(f): 10:46pm On Jan 04, 2008
Sorry i cant really type much right now.

However, i would advice that you and your fiance get married first before you apply for the visit visa. You can then submit your marriage certificate and claim you both want to have your honeymoon together in uk.

Make sure you get a hotel reservation in a 'tourist' location in uk. Do not go and make reservation in a hotel for example in a place like milton keynes cos there is no major tourist attraction there.

What is the sum total of the sums in yours and your fiance's bank statements? If its close to 1m, you do not need any sponsor's bank statement.

I feel the joker in your case will be your ability to fill correctly the new visa form especially the third to the last page that has the empty space for 'additional information'.

This is just my humble advice. Also experts might know better.

Best of luck.
Re: Will Our Application To Visit The Uk Be Accepted.candid Opinion From The Experts by babybird82(f): 11:37am On Jan 05, 2008
@ Funkybaby

Thanks for your time. We intend to visit manchester. Still checking out affordable hotels there and will also like people that have visited manchester or live in manchester to be of help in suggesting one for us. We wish to be there for a week.

By sum total, do u mean now or when we are about applying because we will be submitting the in march/april when he is about going on leave. Presently, we don't have that kind of money as a balance in both accounts because of our building project but hopefully by then we should. If we dont then we will use a sponsor but we r trying our possible best not to.
So if we have a balance of 1million or close to by the time of application a sponsor wont be necessary? Can the 1 million be from inflow and outflow of cash from either one of our account. He is submitting his salary account/payslip which is not his major account and i should be submitting my savings account which should be over half a million by then. I hope my account if up to or close to 1 million can cover for both of us?

Thanks a lot once again.
Re: Will Our Application To Visit The Uk Be Accepted.candid Opinion From The Experts by babasin(m): 2:17pm On Jan 06, 2008
babybird82:

@ Funkybaby

Thanks for your time. We intend to visit manchester. Still checking out affordable hotels there and will also like people that have visited manchester or live in manchester to be of help in suggesting one for us. We wish to be there for a week.

By sum total, do u mean now or when we are about applying because we will be submitting the in march/april when he is about going on leave. Presently, we don't have that kind of money as a balance in both accounts because of our building project but hopefully by then we should. If we don't then we will use a sponsor but we r trying our possible best not to. So if we have a balance of 1million or close to by the time of application a sponsor wont be necessary? Can the 1 million be from inflow and outflow of cash from either one of our account. He is submitting his salary account/payslip which is not his major account and i should be submitting my savings account which should be over half a million by then. I hope my account if up to or close to 1 million can cover for both of us?

Thanks a lot once again.

I am no guru but the key to get VISA: are you going to come back to Nigeria?

if you really building a house, this is good evidence but how do you show this? are you paying for the house-materials through cheque: they need to see out-flow and in-flow in your account. a balance of 500k is good. not many people in UK have a balance of £3000 after paying bills etc

1 Like

Re: Will Our Application To Visit The Uk Be Accepted.candid Opinion From The Experts by funkybaby(f): 2:36pm On Jan 06, 2008
@babasin

You are right. I didnt bother pointing that out since the lady said that she is self-employed and her fiance has a good job here in nigeria, which means they have ''sufficient ties to their home courntry''. She also mentioned that her fiance intends including his payslips.

i think 500k is small o! Dont forget that there are TWO people making the application and not just one person. So combined funds in excess of 500k aint a bad idea. The last thing i would want to hear that the ECO did is to start converting their account balances to pounds and then start analysing the cost of air tickets, accommodation, etc. So to be on the safer side, make sure the account is well in credit.

@poster
The tenancy agreement of the apartment you stay here in nigeria with your husband as well as copies of utility bills could be useful in your application. The building plan, survey plan, land receipts and if possible the C of O will also help your application.

When applying for UK visa, supporting documents can never be in excess. Even if the ECO is too lazy to see and read them, the judge at the appeal tribunal most likely will not.

Dont put lump sums into the account just few weeks or months to when you intend applying !

Me thinks Manchester is not a good idea. Manchester is not really a tourist attraction. For a couple going on honeymoon?
My dear, choose somewhere else. You can now decide to go to manchester after getting the visa.
Re: Will Our Application To Visit The Uk Be Accepted.candid Opinion From The Experts by babybird82(f): 4:37pm On Jan 06, 2008
@ babasin and funkybaby

Thank you for your time and efforts. My fiance happens to be the first son and the land we are building on was given to us by his dad. Most of the payments for the building was actually done by his dad. All that is mentioned regarding the building plan, survey, C of O etc are in his dads name. Do we need to do any change of ownership or change of name. There are about 3 different landed properties documents in our possesion and which we happen to be in charge of but the documents are all in dads name.

As for the bank accounts, we are working on it. I happen to be into mlm also and just got paid about $3k into my dorm account but i have converted it into cash and it is in my savings account. I also intend to include a copy of my dorm account statement even though it shows only inflow of cash which i earned from mlm's. Before the application, i should also get a transfer of about $7k in my dorm account. I hope that is okay too?

Where do u consider to be a tourist attraction, and ideas in the house please?

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Will Our Application To Visit The Uk Be Accepted.candid Opinion From The Experts by mrpataki(m): 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2008
@ babybird82,
You applied for a visit visa, you were denied and after appeal it was refused, your fiance applied for a student visa, he was denied as well, now both of you want to apply for a Visit Visa? Hmmmmm undecided Wrong moves!

More than the economic ties, there are other issues you have to address. What exactly do you want to do during the one week holiday? Why is it a one week holiday? Submitting a C of O of your dads property does not guarantee you a visa.It does not even add weight to your application at all.

What ties do you have to Nigeria? Either you nor your boyfriend nor both of you together have ties to the country in your names? It is not about what your father has oh that is meant for you.

Have you addressed where you do be staying when you arrive in the UK? Applying together after denial of your visas under another visa category without a solid reason for the change only depicts to the High Commission that you do not intend to return to Nigeria upon the expiration of your visas.

Do you have any sponsor/relative in the UK who will be willing to take you round the UK? How do you intend to convince the ECO that you know your way around the UK without a credible sponsor or a tourist guide, even if you have your own hotel reservation tickets? If you are going to the UK all by yourselves, you need to explicity state how you do intend to spend each day of the holiday in UK.

If you dont intend to sponsor yourself, what benefits does your sponsor gets if/she decides to sponsor your visit to the UK? Considering that you are not even married at the moment.

Just trying to view it the way the subjective ECO does.

Good luck.
Re: Will Our Application To Visit The Uk Be Accepted.candid Opinion From The Experts by babybird82(f): 9:22pm On Jan 06, 2008
@ mrpataki

Thanks so much for your input. Please what do u suggest we do?

Our wedding is supposed to be in march, he will be going on leave by then and we just wanted to visit the UK and spend a week of his leave there. Like funkybaby said, if we had our wedding before then it will be like a honeymoon. I also intend to do some market review as i am trying to set up a cosmetics and perfumes shop and was hoping i could also check out how the market is in UK and then Dubai.

Secondly, we just thought about it. What if we submitted our applications differently as tourist visitors or do we really need to get a friend/relative i the UK cos we dont. What are our chances if we apply differently. He at least has two land documents in his name and stock certificates. I have stock certificates too but no landed property but i am making an installment payment for 1 land in mowe. Can i get a financial sponsor to stand for me even though i will be footing all the bills.

Considering our applications and the reason for the refusal, what is the best way to go about it individually or as a couple.

Thanks and more blessings for your time.
Re: Will Our Application To Visit The Uk Be Accepted.candid Opinion From The Experts by Dantecmu(m): 9:57pm On Jan 06, 2008
@ Poster
This is quite complicated, i think what you can do 4 urselves now is to take things easy and plan properly so u dont get smacked out basically i think you should leave the british embassy alone and try visiting some other european countries say france or ireland etc. At least you would have disvirgined your passport when next you apply to the british embassy, what you need to do is make them understand that you can actually visit europe and come back. You already have being denied a visit visa and so applying again would only show ur desperation and i bet u those guys dont wanna see desperate nigerians. i share this opinion cus it did work for me i disvirgined my passport with southafrican visa and then irish visa befour visiting the british embassy and i didnt have to submit all them documents this where what i submited when i applied for my first british visa

Passport
Bank statement
Shares certificate
Appointment Letter
Pictures of me and my cousine
Photocopy of id card
Birth certificate
School certificate Masters and Barchelor

And then Prayers

That waz all so take things easy cus i see the desperation in you and that wont help you.Plan well aight cheers
Re: Will Our Application To Visit The Uk Be Accepted.candid Opinion From The Experts by cute9jaguy(m): 10:36pm On Jan 06, 2008
must it be UK? there are better coutries to visit---honestly,try another place.
you have put in so much into this thing,if your guy gives you the 2500pds to start a buz.,by the time you apply to UK with your bank statement,they will be begging you. you mihgt not even need to aply,they will come to you---goodluck.
Re: Will Our Application To Visit The Uk Be Accepted.candid Opinion From The Experts by babybird82(f): 11:09pm On Jan 06, 2008
@ Dantectmu

Thanks for the advice but i am not desperate. My first application was in Nov 2006, dats over a year now. Can you throw more light on how to go about getting a visa for the countries u mentioned. My fiance and i have actually decided to visit dubai during his leave and for me to explore the market for my proposed biz. Just wanted to know what our chances are if we apply later.

@ cute9jaguy

Thank you for your advice. I intend to do that anyway even though its not with the 2500pounds. But if i may ask, what other countries do u suggest. We will be going to Dubai during his leave but in the course of hoping to travel a lot this year, will like to know where else to visit especially for someone that intends to go into the designer perfume and cosmetics biz.

@ All

What documents do u suggest we get in the future for the UK visa application if we want to apply as individuals (esp one that is self-employed) or a couple.

Also, i would like to know more about getting a Dubai visa for both of us. Also ticket, accomodation for a week etc. Any one in the house to give details.

Thanking you all in anticipation.
Re: Will Our Application To Visit The Uk Be Accepted.candid Opinion From The Experts by dejia(m): 12:53am On Jan 07, 2008
Hi,
I think you can try South Africa for Perfumes are relatively cheap, or if you want to do big Business i will suggest Hong Kong /china,
You can get all these visa easily.

about your UK application, i think u need to visit other countries has earlier adviced, i once applied and was refused in 2006. when i went back this year with proof of strong ties and they saw that i have visited alot of other countries, i was given in 3days.
Let me also ask, Why UK? I visited in December and discovered that , that place is just overrated. its choked and things are expensive.
Try Asia or America if you really want to do business. and for Honeymoon, i will suggest you try Hong Kong.
Re: Will Our Application To Visit The Uk Be Accepted.candid Opinion From The Experts by babybird82(f): 8:09am On Jan 07, 2008
@ dejia

Thanks a lot. I will do my research as to SA and other mentioned countries. For now, my business is still small scale. Meanwhile what are the requirements for the SA visa.

@ all

Thank you. I think i will let UK go for a while. Will try other countries mentioned cos one of the reasons of wanting to go to d UK is cos of my biz.

Happy and prosperous new year to you all.

Remain Blessed.
Re: Will Our Application To Visit The Uk Be Accepted.candid Opinion From The Experts by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 07, 2008
Hongkong for Honeymoon.??
Re: Will Our Application To Visit The Uk Be Accepted.candid Opinion From The Experts by mrpataki(m): 7:18pm On Jan 07, 2008
dejia:

about your UK application, i think u need to visit other countries has earlier adviced,

i once applied and was refused in 2006. when i went back this year with proof of strong ties and they saw that i have visited alot of other countries, i was given in 3days.

Let me also ask, Why UK? I visited in December and discovered that , that place is just overrated. its choked and things are expensive.

What kind of visa are you given within 3 days in UK embassy in this January 2008 shocked You collected your visa this year, yet you visited the same UK last year December? undecided Are you not lying here

@ all,
Disvirgining your passport with any other countries visa whether Togo, America, India or wherever does not automatically guarantee you a visa to any other country requiring a visa for entry. Stop making unprofound stories here and there.
Re: Will Our Application To Visit The Uk Be Accepted.candid Opinion From The Experts by amsky(m): 7:43pm On Jan 07, 2008
i dont know about hong kong for honey moon,but there are other nice places that will readily issue a visa.there is SA.there's France too.was there last summer with my family -disney and we had a blast.if you have been refused a uk visa 2ce then my dear it'll be quite tough.i know about 4 people who have been down that road.if you insist on trying(i think you should try though)then pls get married first.funkybaby has offered a good advice.

all the best,and have a blissful marriage.
Re: Will Our Application To Visit The Uk Be Accepted.candid Opinion From The Experts by babybird82(f): 10:04pm On Jan 07, 2008
@ all

Thanks for all the time and input. We are laying off UK for now. We will give dubai and china a try since i want to do some business shopping. And maybe SA and singapore in the nearest future.

@ mrpataki

I know its certainly not a guarantee to get another country visa even if you have visited other countries.Thanks anyway.
Re: Will Our Application To Visit The Uk Be Accepted.candid Opinion From The Experts by chikeze(m): 8:16am On Jan 08, 2008
the thing wit this british embassy guys is dat they really want proof dat ur really going to come back after ur visit frm uk and dat u wont be a liability to them over there. my sister forget uk for now the more u try the uk visa the more they see u guys as being desperados and dat u guys might not return. u guys can go to ireland,dublin its just like uk. when applying please try and show concrete proof dat u guys are really going to come back thats the[b] SECRET[/b]. good luck
Re: Will Our Application To Visit The Uk Be Accepted.candid Opinion From The Experts by Dantecmu(m): 1:41pm On Jan 10, 2008
mrpataki:

What kind of visa are you given within 3 days in UK embassy in this January 2008 shocked You collected your visa this year, yet you visited the same UK last year December? undecided Are you not lying here

@ all,
Disvirgining your passport with any other countries visa whether Togo, America, India or wherever does not automatically guarantee you a visa to any other country requiring a visa for entry. Stop making unprofound stories here and there.

Mr Pataki
I respect your opinion on issues, but you should understand that no matter how travelled you may be you still don't know it all yes having Ur passport disvirgined with a reputable country in Europe gives you an edge in securing certain visas. like if u got an Irish visa and you use it well if you apply to the UK embassy Ur chances are higher than somebodywho haven't travelled out before. Not once not twice not thrice i have seen embassies deny pple visa cause they haven't left there home country befour. And why do you always think everbody is a liar. Am presently in the UK Hatfield to be precise i wanna meet you MR PATAKI

@poster

South African visa isn't that difficult to get its kinda easy but don't really have much info about them. Irish visa ain't that easy but at least you get intervied and its quite easy to convice them but the forms are you feel are quite complicating so you have to be carefull on what you write down. Embassy address is at Abuja somewhere in Negro crescent. take Kare and wish you all da best.
Re: Will Our Application To Visit The Uk Be Accepted.candid Opinion From The Experts by dejia(m): 12:02am On Jan 11, 2008
mrpataki:

@ all,

Mr. Pataki,
i made a mistake i was reduce 2005. i replied in 2007 and i got my visa in 3days from SA.and went to Uk for Xmas.
well, disvirginin passport is extremely important, infact one of the reasons why i was refused in 2005 was that i didnt have enuff traveling record.

@poster
Southy visa is very easy, get an hotel reservation or an invitation from SA, with 3months bank statement. tell your husband to get a letter from work. apply from the embassy in Abuja, u shd get it in 2wks Max.
Re: Will Our Application To Visit The Uk Be Accepted.candid Opinion From The Experts by howfar2: 7:52pm On Jan 13, 2008
To the poster,i think you should leave the uk embassy in nigeria alone and try go to other countries and dont be that desperate,to be sincere there is nothing here in the uk and even with a residence permit here i am still looking forward to the day i will finish my school and get a good job outside the uk,please look elsewhere and just dont put urself in a fixed

(1) (Reply)

China Visa Enquiries / Study In Italy: Tuition Fees, Cost Of Living And Admission Requirements / Cape Verde Int'l Passport,how Many Countries Is It Visa Free For?name Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.