Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,931 members, 7,952,753 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:07 PM

Y Are There Always Tragic Stories About Marriage On Nairaland - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Y Are There Always Tragic Stories About Marriage On Nairaland (2076 Views)

See What A Girl Posted About Sex, Spirituality & Marriage On Facebook / Y Are Women Unsupportive of Other Women But Men Are Supportive of Fellow Males? / Stories About Children Who Survived High Falls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Y Are There Always Tragic Stories About Marriage On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 03, 2012
In every 1o stories u read about marriage,8 are tragic and it makes me feel depressed.please enof of dis sad tales,lets celebrate d good tyms of marriage.what have u enjoyed most about marriage.y do u love ur wife or husband,y do u think u can neva cheat on him or her,lets share.am sick of advising ladies,what is more sickening is d way jennykandry,chaircover and debrief are shunned and despised especially by men on dis forum for saying d truth,some depraved minds say shes always sounding like a bitter woman.how can we also help married ladies to know dat their life and ambition is worth more than a loveless and unhappy marriage and consequently turn to their kids for succour.in dis part of d world when women are d victims,d society worsens it by making her feel its her fault for her husband assaulting her etc.by d way dis is not in any way a feminist or sexist thread,mobo,misogynists and anti women kind of men please do me a huge favour and ignore dis thread,lets celebrate and respect women for once.your mother,sister,aunt,grandma,female teacher,female counsellor wouldnt have helped u in a favourable marriage environment in becomin what u are today,if she was in a repulsive marriage

2 Likes

Re: Y Are There Always Tragic Stories About Marriage On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 03, 2012
Re: Y Are There Always Tragic Stories About Marriage On Nairaland by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 03, 2012
Phewww na today? if them like let them hit their heads on the wall, it will not stop me from posting my mind here on this forum. I am not here to make friends with people but to tell people the truth the way and manner they deserve to hear read it. The hell I have got too many friends already, haven't got time for e-invisibles. For all I care, CC could be Justin Bieber trying to learn the naija way of life, Ifyalways could be Charly's boys ex wife, UjuJoan could be Psquare's baby mama and Debrief could be Edris Abdulkareem's wife.
Re: Y Are There Always Tragic Stories About Marriage On Nairaland by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 03, 2012
Re: Y Are There Always Tragic Stories About Marriage On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 03, 2012
grin grin grin grin. Singing "Baby baby baby ooooo" cool
Re: Y Are There Always Tragic Stories About Marriage On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 03, 2012
jennykadry: Phewww na today? if them like let them hit their heads on the wall, it will not stop me from posting my mind here on this forum. I am not here to make friends with people but to tell people the truth the way and manner they deserve to hear read it. The hell I have got too many friends already, haven't got time for e-invisibles. For all I care, CC could be Justin Bieber trying to learn the naija way of life, Ifyalways could be Charly's boys ex wife, UjuJoan could be Psquare's baby mama and Debrief could be Edris Abdulkareem's wife.

angry angry angry cheesy
Re: Y Are There Always Tragic Stories About Marriage On Nairaland by EfemenaXY: 2:29pm On Sep 03, 2012
kulyie: In every 1o stories u read about marriage,8 are tragic and it makes me feel depressed.please enof of dis sad tales,lets celebrate d good tyms of marriage.what have u enjoyed most about marriage.y do u love ur wife or husband,y do u think u can neva cheat on him or her,lets share.am sick of advising ladies,what is more sickening is d way jennykandry,chaircover and debrief are shunned and despised especially by men on dis forum for saying d truth,some depraved minds say shes always sounding like a bitter woman.how can we also help married ladies to know dat their life and ambition is worth more than a loveless and unhappy marriage and consequently turn to their kids for succour.in dis part of d world when women are d victims,d society worsens it by making her feel its her fault for her husband assaulting her etc.by d way dis is not in any way a feminist or sexist thread,mobo,misogynists and anti women kind of men please do me a huge favour and ignore dis thread,lets celebrate and respect women for once.your mother,sister,aunt,grandma,female teacher,female counsellor wouldnt have helped u in a favourable marriage environment in becomin what u are today,if she was in a repulsive marriage

Well, the way I see it, one of the positives of these "horror stories / sham marriages" is that they serve as vital lessons to would-be-couples to look properly before leaping.

(That is, for the smart ones out there).
Re: Y Are There Always Tragic Stories About Marriage On Nairaland by Kobojunkie: 2:50pm On Sep 03, 2012
@Poster, because life, for many out there, is not like your facebook/twitter pages where you post only happy pictures to make people think all is well. Like many of those on facebook, who like to put up a "Happy" front, many of these know that if they reveal the truth of their existence, they will be judged.
I am of the mind that those who come here come here because they can offload their woes ANONYMOUSLY, share their story with others and maybe find some peace in the hell that is their daily existence.

2 Likes

Re: Y Are There Always Tragic Stories About Marriage On Nairaland by EfemenaXY: 3:02pm On Sep 03, 2012
^^ But don't you sometimes, get the feeling that most of these stories are unreal?
Re: Y Are There Always Tragic Stories About Marriage On Nairaland by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 03, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ But don't you sometimes, get the feeling that most of these stories are unreal?

Worse things are happening . . . . you'll be surprised!
Re: Y Are There Always Tragic Stories About Marriage On Nairaland by safeLove(f): 4:23pm On Sep 03, 2012
Like someone said,its because of the anonymous nature of the forum. If you looked properly its those same people who post Bible verses on facebook or those those who put up cheerful quotes on their BB display statuses that come to NL to cry online with aliases.
Re: Y Are There Always Tragic Stories About Marriage On Nairaland by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 03, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ But don't you sometimes, get the feeling that most of these stories are unreal?

Efe many are real
Re: Y Are There Always Tragic Stories About Marriage On Nairaland by EfemenaXY: 4:35pm On Sep 03, 2012
^^ But many of them border on insanity at best! undecided

Oh well, what do I know. I must be from a bygone era. Cos going by the threads I've seen of recent, i.e: "It's normal to have at least 4+ boyfriends, each for a different use"... Then anything goes, I guess.

Pathetic, really. lipsrsealed
Re: Y Are There Always Tragic Stories About Marriage On Nairaland by Kobojunkie: 4:43pm On Sep 03, 2012

Nope, they are real. . My childhood was not peaches and roses . . . I saw my share of what marriage should not be, on a regular basis, especially from many of our neighbors/people in community, growing up in Ikorodu. . so I tend to understand where these people are coming from.

These problems are sometimes worse than these people can type out on the pages here in the forum mind you . . but I am glad they have this outlet.
Re: Y Are There Always Tragic Stories About Marriage On Nairaland by free2ryhme: 4:47pm On Sep 03, 2012
kulyie: In every 1o stories u read about marriage,8 are tragic and [b]it makes me feel depressed.[/b]please enof of dis sad tales,lets celebrate d good tyms of marriage.what have u enjoyed most about marriage.y do u love ur wife or husband,y do u think u can neva cheat on him or her,lets share.am sick of advising ladies,what is more sickening is d way jennykandry,chaircover and debrief are shunned and despised especially by men on dis forum for saying d truth,some depraved minds say shes always sounding like a bitter woman.how can we also help married ladies to know dat their life and ambition is worth more than a loveless and unhappy marriage and consequently turn to their kids for succour.in dis part of d world when women are d victims,d society worsens it by making her feel its her fault for her husband assaulting her etc.by d way dis is not in any way a feminist or sexist thread,mobo,misogynists and anti women kind of men please do me a huge favour and ignore dis thread,lets celebrate and respect women for once.your mother,sister,aunt,grandma,female teacher,female counsellor wouldnt have helped u in a favourable marriage environment in becomin what u are today,if she was in a repulsive marriage

Y take panadol for another man's headache, let alone feel depressed after reading the stories. 99% of what people post here are concocted and orchestrated lies. for you to read and believe them makes you gullible...
Re: Y Are There Always Tragic Stories About Marriage On Nairaland by free2ryhme: 4:54pm On Sep 03, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Well, the way I see it, one of the positives of these "horror stories / sham marriages" is that they serve as vital lessons to would-be-couples to look properly before leaping.

has women ever been smart when it comes to the issue of love? Marriage is the only exam you write you are given a certificate before you enter. If you have not bin there then you can nvr know what's like. every marriage differs even in their experiences. we learn from our own experiences as we go through it and even in the lies that is being posted on this forum even after i have posted mine
Re: Y Are There Always Tragic Stories About Marriage On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 03, 2012
Efemena_xy:

yes dats y i look thoroughly @ a mans xter,av learnt to b objective and neva let my emotions think for me.moreso my moto is look and look wel wit prayers bfor u leap.if my danger signal stat ringin,i go to God in prayer and ask is he d one,if his not d one,reveal his real xter to me and God ansas prayers.they just reveal their ugly xters
Re: Y Are There Always Tragic Stories About Marriage On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 03, 2012
free2ryhme:

has women ever been smart when it comes to the issue of love? Marriage is the only exam you write you are given a certificate before you enter. If you have not bin there then you can nvr know what's like. every marriage differs even in their experiences. we learn from our own experiences as we go through it and even in the lies that is being posted on this forum even after i have posted mine
i want to bliv dat dis ugly stories on nairaland is a reflection of d kind of marriages we av in reality,d only difference is dat couples are very good actors in real life.dey know how to pretend dat all is well
Re: Y Are There Always Tragic Stories About Marriage On Nairaland by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 03, 2012
free2ryhme:

Y take panadol for another man's headache, let alone feel depressed after reading the stories. 99% of what people post here are concocted and orchestrated lies. for you to read and believe them makes you gullible...
am not takin panadol for anoda mans headache,am just not happy because am a human being with emotions too
Re: Y Are There Always Tragic Stories About Marriage On Nairaland by Johndoe100(m): 8:33pm On Sep 03, 2012
free2ryhme:

They are not gullible. they need people to believe these fake stories, that way the proposition "men are bad/ monsters" will become the norm. All the posts in this section of NL are to vilify men. Very few members now have the courage to post anything here that in anyway portrays men in a favorable light.
Re: Y Are There Always Tragic Stories About Marriage On Nairaland by victorian(f): 8:39pm On Sep 03, 2012
Kuylie o...kuylie o....kuylie o...how many times did i type yur id name sad...please let issues of other ppple marital woes ,stop making u sad....or better still, i have a great idea cheesy...occupy your eyes and thots with DSTV stations, i bet you.... u will laugh, smile and possible cry depending on wat yur watching...dont overwork yur state of mind...just chill....the unfortunate ones will find a way out...simple....smileeeeeeeeee cheesy
Re: Y Are There Always Tragic Stories About Marriage On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:30am On Sep 04, 2012
Johndoe100:

They are not gullible. they need people to believe these fake stories, that way the proposition "men are bad/ monsters" will become the norm. All the posts in this section of NL are to vilify men. Very few members now have the courage to post anything here that in anyway portrays men in a favorable light.

Very true!
Re: Y Are There Always Tragic Stories About Marriage On Nairaland by ifyalways(f): 8:11am On Sep 04, 2012
Jenny, lmao.

I think the only real person on nld is born2fuck. kiss

@topic, most of the stories here are fake. They are most times culled from papers, blogs that are desperately looking for traffic.

The few real ones are re-cooked and so photoshopped to achieve "wow" effect.

Visit a regular local court, illiterate women are divorcing their husbands for reasons bordering on battering, irresponsibility etc.

There are still lots and lots of good marriages in Naija but good news hardly sell so . . .
Re: Y Are There Always Tragic Stories About Marriage On Nairaland by warrior01: 8:52am On Sep 04, 2012
It's so unfortunate the family section has been taken over by frustrated hypocrites and pretenders who have virtually turned every thread whether real or fake to a battle of the sexes without taking into where we are all coming from and our ways of resolving family issues. The most disheartening part is that they rarely practise what they preach.
Re: Y Are There Always Tragic Stories About Marriage On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 04, 2012
victorian: Kuylie o...kuylie o....kuylie o...how many times did i type yur id name sad...please let issues of other ppple marital woes ,stop making u sad....or better still, i have a great idea cheesy...occupy your eyes and thots with DSTV stations, i bet you.... u will laugh, smile and possible cry depending on wat yur watching...dont overwork yur state of mind...just chill....the unfortunate ones will find a way out...simple....smileeeeeeeeee cheesy
lol,ok av smiled.lol
Re: Y Are There Always Tragic Stories About Marriage On Nairaland by SenatorJames(m): 1:39pm On Jan 03, 2014
The issue is people are always shy to share the good side of their marriage, they believe people may think they are boasting. even in churches, is the testimony we hear all what God has done? I'm sure NO! Where are other thousands.

Another instance is the issue of virginity, how many of us are proud outside that we are virgin? Does that mean there are no more virgins? NO! And bad guys are boasting everyday how they enjoy fornication and adultery.

So many are enjoying their homes but the fact still remain the bad are many than the good because many refuse to take the right steps before stepping to the altar

(1) (Reply)

After God Who Is The Most Important Person In Your Life? / Photo Of A Terrified Young Girl Running From A Peacock Becomes A Hilarious Meme / Where To Swap Your Old Mattress For A Brand New One In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.