Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Can You Do Without Your Phone For 20 Minutes - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Can You Do Without Your Phone For 20 Minutes (7558 Views)

10 Tips To Keep Your Phone Safe And Private / Asian Students Create Battery That Charges For 15 Minutes But Lasts For 20 Years / How can I scan my mobile phone for viruses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Do Without Your Phone For 20 Minutes by olu4life(m): 12:04am On Sep 05, 2012
@OP, if u are on the mtn network,u can survive without browsing for over 24hours. Cos the way wey mtn dey do their network,u fit vex smash ur phone for ground. As for me,mtn has taught me that lesson. #FACT
Re: Can You Do Without Your Phone For 20 Minutes by buoye1(m): 12:17am On Sep 05, 2012
I do alot of surfin bt am nt addicted 2 ma phone i can do without it 4 hours
Re: Can You Do Without Your Phone For 20 Minutes by komek(m): 12:23am On Sep 05, 2012
For the past 3 yrs, I have nver spent 5mins without my fones except on
Sundays. My fone right now is my life. Got so many deals on
Them.
Re: Can You Do Without Your Phone For 20 Minutes by yelonelo(f): 3:31am On Sep 05, 2012
Hehehehehehehe!!! I can't do without my phone,its my addicition and I love itgrin
Re: Can You Do Without Your Phone For 20 Minutes by bknight: 3:55am On Sep 05, 2012
The day I forgot my phone & went to work made me realize how essential my phone had bcome to my work. It was such an embarrassing day. Questions dat had d answers on d phone cld nt b answered in d meeting I attended. It was jst an awful day. So, asides personal needs, my phone has too much work information. I need to back up undecided

To d question for 20minutes? I can do without it. Sometimes, u'r caught up in stuff for hours u barely even remember u hv a phone
Re: Can You Do Without Your Phone For 20 Minutes by elimokhai(m): 4:46am On Sep 05, 2012
maturity will tell, you can't be having a business meeting and stay glued to your phone.
Re: Can You Do Without Your Phone For 20 Minutes by abdulkayus(m): 5:34am On Sep 05, 2012
@OP, i think we are on d same lane bt as some poster said, i think its lack of serious job cos if u get a tedious job u wil nt even remember ur phone. For me i am so much addicted to d extend dat wen i was servin at a school and teaching in a class, i will be teachin and at d same tym browsin esp NL, NL has taken a better part of my browsin tym dan FB, 2go and d rest, i dont knw y, NL is jus irrestible, no wonder d numbers of dos dst registered keep increasin everyday.CIAO
Re: Can You Do Without Your Phone For 20 Minutes by olabiz2010: 6:37am On Sep 05, 2012
I can do without my phone for many hours, for example i used to off my phone and drop it at home anytime am going to church or sunday. There are many reason that can make you do without your phone for hours e.g, your job, during exam in school, when you are sleeping. And for those that can't do without their phone for hours, 90% of them may not be able to be proud of what always keep them busy with their phone
Re: Can You Do Without Your Phone For 20 Minutes by surdik(m): 7:12am On Sep 05, 2012
@op .. Its a sign of joblessness.
Re: Can You Do Without Your Phone For 20 Minutes by Afam4eva(m): 7:27am On Sep 05, 2012
I've not been with my phone for two day now and i'm still alive. Praise the Lord.
Re: Can You Do Without Your Phone For 20 Minutes by Batch(m): 7:28am On Sep 05, 2012
That is when i want to wash or participate in any domestic work, if not, Tahhhhhhh, pwishhhhghhhhThat is when i want to wash or participate in any domestic work, if not, Tahhhhhhh, pwishhhhghhhhThat is when i want to wash or participate in any domestic work, if not, Tahhhhhhh, pwishhhhghhhh
Re: Can You Do Without Your Phone For 20 Minutes by Super1759: 7:38am On Sep 05, 2012
ayobase: An addiction of a thing that needs to be curtailed......this Nairaland!
Why do u think pple create handles after banS....why not stay as guests?
I had to caution myself.
Nairaland has become more important than BBM, 2go, twitter, whatsapp and likes, even one's gelfriend. Even out of one's tight schedule at work, one still wanna quickly come check in order not to miss out when the thread is still hot (addiction is a disease, go ask the drug addict et al).
Well, I have been able to deal with mine.....I now make it early and late hours of the day, unless......
Considering bytes sef....MTN is extra charging per bit now!
Its like browsing is boring without Nairaland.....Seun, u dey happy abi?
U better free movement of Garri clique, and cool ur temper.....compromising aint........
seriosuly you just said my mind. I rarely give a damn about my bbm and whatsapp. I ignore messages and don't even care. Anyway I can still stay away from my phone but I won't be comfortable. One thing I have learnt in life is to control addictions.
Re: Can You Do Without Your Phone For 20 Minutes by gidiboy1(m): 8:03am On Sep 05, 2012
ddippset: by the time you get a good job, no be only 20 minutes sef, na hours you will stay without your phone!

Well said!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Can You Do Without Your Phone For 20 Minutes by lumeneng22: 8:28am On Sep 05, 2012
Though i hav found this forum very interesting, i can do without my fone for hours. You just hav to do other things or you will be failing in some of them.
Re: Can You Do Without Your Phone For 20 Minutes by clek: 8:52am On Sep 05, 2012
Excelboi: I can't do without my phone for 5minutes. Even in the midnite, I will be surfing till I fall asleep! And most of the time, I'm on Nairaland.
shocked
Does it mean in your sleep you still surf!aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ you not invariably doing without it?
Re: Can You Do Without Your Phone For 20 Minutes by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 05, 2012
I can most especially wen am watching MAN UTD match.
Re: Can You Do Without Your Phone For 20 Minutes by Azumy(f): 9:31am On Sep 05, 2012
bennieman: There is hardly a day that i don't misplace my phone in the office. I often go without it for the better part of my busy schedule and a lot of people complain about my numerous missed calls. I'm trying to curtail my addiction to phone misplacement...
same wit m here!
Re: Can You Do Without Your Phone For 20 Minutes by lolaluv1(f): 9:33am On Sep 05, 2012
I do without it for hours and days. I mostly take it out with me for emergency purposes, since the country is not really safe and settled. So I can easily be reached when people are running or something. I leave it at home most times when I'm going to church, or when I'm not going too far. I leave it in the kitchen and I'm seeing a movie in the living room.
But when I'm bored, I can be on the phone for hours too. But if I decide not to pay attention to it, piece of cake!
Re: Can You Do Without Your Phone For 20 Minutes by mrmofasa(m): 10:02am On Sep 05, 2012
Op, ur heightened state of joblessness is the cause of this post. When you have a real job, i'm pretty sure you will forget where your phone is. (except when it rings, that is)
Re: Can You Do Without Your Phone For 20 Minutes by thelastPope(m): 10:05am On Sep 05, 2012
All the jobless people on NL just came to this thread to show themselves. Lol. If you can't do without your phone for 1 hour, you are jobless and probably a yahoo boy. Get a life! Or better still, get a gurlfriend! Stop being a looser! Lol
Re: Can You Do Without Your Phone For 20 Minutes by naijaswag1: 10:06am On Sep 05, 2012
When someone else pays your house rent,feeds you and even loads the phone you are addicted to with credit and your job is to use the phone to twitter,facebook,2go,follow rubbish thread on nairaland and do other frivolous things,what else do you expect?
Re: Can You Do Without Your Phone For 20 Minutes by megxo(m): 10:17am On Sep 05, 2012
its errywia ma broda........
Re: Can You Do Without Your Phone For 20 Minutes by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 05, 2012
yes i can!

I often switch off my mobiles for days !

but leave one line switched on (which no one knows& which does not have internet features to avoid unnecessary distractions) cheesy
Re: Can You Do Without Your Phone For 20 Minutes by Dannyvoltron(m): 10:40am On Sep 05, 2012
I sleep more than 8 hours at night and i don't operate my phone in my sleep
Re: Can You Do Without Your Phone For 20 Minutes by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 05, 2012
Nehi nehi nehi..cnt do wtout ma fone cox am always online. Evn whn I fall asleep and wake @ midnight, I wil go online 2 see wots new on NL
Re: Can You Do Without Your Phone For 20 Minutes by mspookie: 10:42am On Sep 05, 2012
NO
Re: Can You Do Without Your Phone For 20 Minutes by GeorgeD1(m): 11:30am On Sep 05, 2012
what's the big deal?

i normally do without mine for two weeks in a stretch! cool
Re: Can You Do Without Your Phone For 20 Minutes by joyprincess(f): 12:45pm On Sep 05, 2012
I can do witout my phne for one week ,i traveled for a burial for one week in side de interior village n i am using bb and my phne was off for one wee and were i was the was no net work there i was doing verywell without my phne
Re: Can You Do Without Your Phone For 20 Minutes by nicesunshine: 1:00pm On Sep 05, 2012
Kobojunkie: I work as a software developer and I go days without my phone and don't experience any sort of withdrawal . . . Sometimes I forget where that phone is until it maybe beeps to remind me to recharge it.

I don't know if many of you know this but it is obvious you are likely addicted to your phones, and no matter how society tries to make it is OK, an addiction is an addiction and this may be the best time to look into finding yourself a cure before it is too late.
dey should check into rehab i guess....
Re: Can You Do Without Your Phone For 20 Minutes by nicesunshine: 1:02pm On Sep 05, 2012
as for me i can do without my phone for days. while in school my friend travelled with it on 2 different occasions.
Re: Can You Do Without Your Phone For 20 Minutes by santakris(m): 1:37pm On Sep 05, 2012
I can do without ma phone but not without internet,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Root Any Android Phone Now / Airtel free Opera Mini browsing: How To Activate On Android, Others / Glo Suprise Me With 999GB Christmas Data Valid Till 2089 (Screenshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.