Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,389 members, 7,839,706 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

How To Instantly Lower Your Car Windows With The Key Remote - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How To Instantly Lower Your Car Windows With The Key Remote (1437 Views)

Someone Is Starting My Car Remotely While The Key Is Still With Me / Auto Vehicle Tracking System-lower Price For Nairalanders-Updated / How To Lower Your Car Insurance Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Instantly Lower Your Car Windows With The Key Remote by lanredo1(m): 12:11am On Sep 05, 2012
The temperature inside your car can get insanely hot on sunny days, regardless of the temperature outside. When you get to your car and it's boiling hot, what's the first thing you do? You lower the windows and blast the air conditioner, right?

A convenient feature that's been around for years, but remains unknown to many car owners, is the ability to lower the windows with the key remote. This allows you to begin cooling your car without having to get in first. Unless the car dealership told you about this trick or you happen to read manuals for fun, you may have been unaware of this ages-old trick.

The trick usually involves pressing the remote's unlock button, releasing it, then pressing it again and holding it down. In some cars, instead of using the remote, you can insert your key in the door lock and turn it clockwise, release, then turn it clockwise again and hold. Turning the key counterclockwise will usually raise the windows back up. Some cars will also include the sunroof as a window in this operation, while some convertibles with automatic tops will shut.

Based on an internal CNET poll, Reddit user comments and CNET user comments, we've confirmed that the trick works on various models from the following manufacturers:

Acura (MDX/TL/TSX)
Alfa Romeo (159)
Audi (A3/A4/A6/A7)
BMW (3 Series/5 Series/7 Series/M5/Z4)
Chevrolet (Corvette)
Chrysler (Sebring/Town & Country)
Dodge (Challenger/Charger/Durango/Journey/Ram)
Ford (C-Max/F-150/Focus/Fusion/Mondeo/S-Max/Taurus)
Honda (Accord/Accord Crosstour/Odyssey/Pilot/Ridgeline)
Infiniti (G25x/G35/G37/I30/I35/M35)
Jaguar (S Type/XJ8/XK8)
Lexus (ES300/GS350/RX300/RX350/RX400h)
Lincoln (LS/MKX/MKZ/Zephyr)
Mazda (6/CX-9/MX-5 Miata)
Mercedes-Benz (B180/C240/C300/CLK350/CLS550/E350/E500/ML550)
Mini Cooper (Clubman)
Nissan (350Z/Altima/Maxima/Murano/Titan)
Volkswagen (Beetle/Golf/Jetta/Passat)
Volvo (C30/V50)
Re: How To Instantly Lower Your Car Windows With The Key Remote by lanredo1(m): 1:32pm On Sep 07, 2012
Still available
Re: How To Instantly Lower Your Car Windows With The Key Remote by Dozzy3(m): 1:45pm On Sep 07, 2012
e for good if to say u credit the original author of this post, i bin don read am for yahoo tongue
Re: How To Instantly Lower Your Car Windows With The Key Remote by keletex2000(m): 7:30pm On Sep 07, 2012
I have been flexing this feature in my Golf3 gti for years now.I just alight from the car lock the drivers door(with keys) and leave the key in the lock position for a second longer and my windows automatically go up. I didn't know other brands of cars have this too. Its really cool. I think it will be cooler if my remote was functional... grin
Re: How To Instantly Lower Your Car Windows With The Key Remote by lanredo1(m): 2:03am On Sep 08, 2012
cool its works

(1) (Reply)

Good Auto Spray Painter In Ibadan / Deal Or No Deal? 1999 HONDA LEGEND UNREGISTERED Asking For A Token Of N750k / NOW You Can Own This Beautiful Renault Laguna 220K HURRY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.