Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Celebrity Takes 2 Judges Were Nasty – Omotola Jalade-ekeinde - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Celebrity Takes 2 Judges Were Nasty – Omotola Jalade-ekeinde (3512 Views)

Caption This Photo of Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Dancing / Omotola Jalade-ekeinde's Outfit To AMAA 2015 In South Africa (photo) / Genevieve Nnaji or Omotola Jalade: Who Is More Beautiful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celebrity Takes 2 Judges Were Nasty – Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by yongbabe(f): 1:21pm On Jan 06, 2008
Celebrity Takes 2 judges were nasty – Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde

‘Nonye Iwuagwu

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde was one of the dancers at the just concluded Celebrity Takes 2 dance competition. But Omosexy (as she is also called) did not win the prize.

Though Omotola admits she was not the best dancer in the show, she feels her eviction was ‘arranged.’ She tells ‘NONYE IWUAGWU her grouse. How did you get into the Celebrity Takes 2 dance competition?

A management company was handling it. They told me about it but I was too busy, I told them I wasn’t going to be available. They kept calling me. They always knew when I was travelling. They sent a trainer to come and train me. I am sure they felt if they could spend such money I wouldn’t have had the heart to continue saying no.

Then again, I felt I wasn’t going to be a part of it because it was going to last for three months. I just couldn’t afford to spend such time away from my work and other things.

So when they eventually convinced you to be a part of it, were there times you felt like leaving?

For a very long time I didn’t want to be a part of it because I had never done a reality show before. I didn’t know how the reception was going to be. Then again, we were not given enough information. There was no time for us to sit down and have meetings. I didn’t even know it was going to be a weekly thing. I realised that every week we had to present a dance. Then again, it was not just presenting a dance but you had to rehearse as well.

It was like a full time job. I just couldn’t cope any longer.

That means you were happy when you were finally evicted.

I was happy in the sense that finally I could do what I wanted to do. I had to travel the next day.

You can imagine, for our last dance, we had to rehearse it on that day. We had to wake up by 5am to do that dance.

In fact, I said I was not going to showcase that week because I had to travel. I had a movie I was supposed to go and shoot and I had already signed the contract. I didn’t know the dance competition was going to take that long and I was not going to do any dance again. But everybody prevailed on me to dance.

I am not saying I was the best dancer, but I had a lot of votes. Celebrity Takes 2 wasn’t about professional dancing. I had a whole lot of people voting for me.

Do you think they voted for you because you danced so well or because it was Omotola the star actress?

I don’t think I would have voted for myself if it was just because of the dancing alone. They were voting for Omotola. I rehearsed just once for every dance. I never had two rehearsals for any of the dances. My partner, Buddy, really tried. There were times I would be on location and he would fly in for us to rehearse. But days on end he won’t even see me. There was a time he came to Abuja , stayed with me for four days and we couldn’t rehearse for once and we came back the Tuesday the show was to be shot. We ended up rehearsing for one hour before the show.

I would say it was a very weird but interesting experience. People who knew how busy I was and how much effort I was putting into it, appreciated my efforts. For that purpose, I think they just voted for me. That is it.

But how come you were not happy when you were finally evicted? Were you not satisfied with the results?

I wasn’t happy because a day to that show, I realised that a lot of people were complaining that they couldn’t vote. Most of my votes were bouncing back. My husband could not vote. He wasn’t around for some time. When he came back; of course, he started his own voting that same night. He realised also that all his votes were coming back. But when he voted for somebody else, it would go. He was mad and he thought something was really wrong.

He had to call the organisers and ask for an explanation and they said it was not their fault that it was a network problem. That was when we felt something was really going on.

So you actually think your eviction was ‘arranged’…

Yes. I think they wanted me out for some reason. When I travelled and came back, I heard a lot of people thought that since my management company was part of the people that packaged the show, they felt they were being partial to me. They felt that if I had won, it would have looked as if it was pre-arranged for me to win.

I think they had a lot of internal politics and problems going on which I didn’t know about anyway.

But you complained about one of the judges, Dayo. You even said he didn’t like you.

The judges were just nasty. I heard that as I kept having the highest votes, it was obvious I was going to win and they felt like, ‘and she is not even dancing very well’.

You know all these fanatics; they felt that the show should be practically about dancing. Nobody made them realise that there were two kinds of dance shows – the celebrity dance show (which is called Dancing With the Stars in the US), and So You Think You Can Dance. The later is a professional dance show. All the people entering the show are professionals.

It is just like in Idols where people who can sing compete. It is not about celebrity it is about people who can sing.

If it is about celebrity, people are going to vote for the celebrities who are their favourites. The dance is just a reason for them to be there. If it was just about strict dancing alone, people shouldn’t have been expected to vote. The judges should just take decision.

By the way, they knew how busy I was before they prevailed on me to be on the show. I still wonder why they had to instigate the public against some particular celebrities. I didn’t find that funny. I found it very stupid and very unprofessional for you to call a celebrity dance show and you try to instigate their fans against them by saying funny things.

Pasuma was not the best dancer in that show, but his fans were behind him. They appreciated what he was doing. So people will vote for different people for different reasons. They were known before they came on your show. It was not as if your show was making them to be known for the first time.

I should just advise them to leave the people to vote for whom they want to vote for so that the show would be more interesting so as not to discourage celebrities from being part of their show.

In all, do you regret being part of it?

No. I don’t really regret it. The truth is I wished it was better planned. These are celebrities who are very busy. They were not paying us weekly to be on that show. They knew that we had to do our businesses and then they allowed it to get into December, which is an entertainer’s busiest month.

If they hadn’t done that, if people had had time to practise, they would have had a more qualitative and interesting show. Those are the regrets I have.

Before now, I had never done any of those dances before in my life. The dances were really strange to me. The pressures were just enormous and I was joining that with my family, my children and my work.

Well, I guess such problems come with a debut show. If they should do another season, I hope they don’t repeat all those mistakes.

But you gained from the show…

Yes. I did a Sweet Sensation advert. It was based on the dance. Buddy and I did the advert. So I make bold to say that I am the first person who has practically benefitted from the show. I got well paid and my partner got well paid for that.

And then again, my husband also bought me a gift. He gave me a Land Cruiser for all my efforts on the show. He presented the gift the day I was evicted.

We knew we were going to leave that day. We would have been surprised if we hadn’t left.

But he bought a Lincoln Explorer for you recently. Are you a car freak?

Not really. My driver just stole my car. I had a Ford Explorer. When I was working in Abuja, my husband called me and told me that my driver had driven away with my car. Till now, we can’t find the driver and the car. It was imperative that I got another car. I can’t drive the Lincoln everyday; I needed something I could drive everyday. Then again, I don’t like cars; I prefer trucks. I don’t want anybody trampling on me.

Talking about your job, you are not working as you used to…

It has been terrible. It is even worse than before. I found out that if you don’t improve on yourself, you would keep doing the same thing over and over again. Over a period of time, you would realise that you are going down because people are just getting bored of you doing the same thing.

How come you have remained this relevant in the industry?

I think it is God. I take Him very seriously. I am not one of those people that say, ‘oh I am born again’, just for the heck of it.

The Bible says we should give to Caesar what belongs to him. I usually give God what belongs to Him. I don’t joke with my tithe. I know the blessing behind tithing. I don’t joke with the promises of God. I try to be a practical Christian and do the things He has asked me to do. I respect and love Him.

I don’t go to the hospital, I don’t fall sick and my kids don’t fall sick as well. That is because I know the secret of communion.

After the spiritual aspect, we go to the physical aspect. You try as much as possible to take care of yourself. I have four kids but I try as much as possible not to look like I have four kids. I am lucky with the kind of kids I have; they are very independent. I wean them for one year and the following year, I break off any communication with them and I take off. That way, they become independent. But we are still very close. We can discuss anything.

Few people would believe you have four kids…

Yes. In my mind, I have not left age 21 behind. I had the most memorable time of my life between 18 and 21 years.

Why do you say so?

Those were the ages I grew into who I am now. That was when I got married. That was when I explored a lot of things. Prior to that, I had a lot of problems; my dad died, I was struggling to find my feet in the industry.

But when I clocked 18 and won an award for the film, Mortal Inheritance, that was when my career opened up. That was when I got married, that was when I got my first baby.

A lot of things happened to me between 18 and 21. Most of the things that happened to me thereafter were an offshoot of that period. So in my mind, I have not really left that age bracket.

Is that why you wear clothes that are actually meant for younger girls?

Yes. Most of the clothes I bought when I was that age still fit. That is the truth. I don’t really throw away my clothes. If I am adding weight, I go and wear those clothes and I use them to get back into my real shape.

Would you still be feeling like a young girl even when you clock 50 or 60?

Probably. I will always feel young. And I thank God; people who do not stress me that much surround me. My husband doesn’t have a problem with the way I dress or the way I want to relate with myself. He allows me to be free.

Do you have any intention of leaving the movie industry?

This is an industry you can’t ever leave. Like I always tell my friends, if you are a well-known actor that knows his onions, when you die, people might probably negotiate to use your corpse to act a movie before it is buried. There are roles for everybody. Acting is life.

We know your husband is relatively known. But doesn’t he feel upstaged that you are more popular than him?

My husband is very popular o. People that travel a lot know him.

Thanks to you…

Probably. Maybe that has helped him. But he does not even like the popularity. He likes to be very private and do his own thing; of course, he is not an entertainer.

But I tell you, my husband is a balanced guy. He is very real as well. Nothing will stop him from strolling on the street.

My husband is cool. He has one of the best briefings when it comes to flying. When I, his wife, am on his flight, I trip for him. I am always like, whoa! This is my guy! He has such a nice sexy voice.

As much as he loves and trusts you, doesn’t he feel somehow especially when those scandals are attached to you?

If I tell you the truth, you will not believe me so what is the point.

Just tell me, I might believe you.

Well, my husband does not feel anyhow. He doesn’t care about the scandals. He knows me. He knows the woman he married. I am lucky though, I have not got so much scandals but one has not been able to escape some. There are some he reads and he just says they are lies. And there are some we just talk about.

He is okay. If there is anything I need to tell him, I tell him. If there is anything he needs to tell me, he tells me as well. We understand that for both of us to be together for a very long time, we have to tell each other the truth.

We cannot deceive each other and say I am going to have my eye only on you. There are times he sees a babe and he says, ‘This girl is cute!’ and there are times I see a guy and I say, ‘This dude is hot!’ We respect each other and there is no need for us to suspect each other.

So he is okay with the romantic roles you play especially what you did in ‘Prostitute’?

There are two things he does when he is watching such scenes. At times he will jocularly say, ‘Hey! Where is his hand going? What is this man doing with my wife? I am going to dump him in the ocean when I see him’. Some other times he will just tell me when he is watching such scenes, ‘girl, you spoilt this part. You didn’t even kiss the guy, you were so fake’.

What is happening to your music career?

I had a problem with my record label. I had a three-year contract with my recording label and it will expire in 2008. I have been limited from doing quite a number of things I would want to do. I am not a small artiste so I can’t start fighting a record label. I am not just interested; I am bigger than that.

I have to wait for my contract to expire with this record label so that I can continue my musical career.

So far, I have had a lot of offers. I have done some shows. I have sang in a lot of places like Israel , Liberia and some other places.

Remember it is not easy combining music and movies. But the problem I had with my record label really discouraged me. Fans are encouraging me. They want to see the video of my music. I actually wanted to do the video but my lawyer advised me against it. There was no need to start a legal battle with anybody. But I promise you; my next album will be out this year.

How come your popularity has not taken you to the level of doing movies with international artistes?

I would be lying if I say I don’t think about it sometimes. I just got back from Los Angeles. I travel, I don’t sit down in one place. I did a project with Stephnaie Okereke in the US. Most of us are not sitting in one place and feeling like local heroes. We are trying the best we can to move up. We are doing the best we can to project Nigeria and Africa as a whole.

Have you finally made up with Genevieve Nnaji?

Haba! How can we make up when we didn’t fight? Journalists ought to help us to make up since they were the ones that created the fight between us.

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200801053301385

omotola how pathetic can u get this intereiw is soo childish! stupid excuse for losing.
u lost n ur husband bought u a pity gift, how sad and lame. from the coments here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-81227.0.html it is obvious u SUCKED!
Re: Celebrity Takes 2 Judges Were Nasty – Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by tosinadeda: 4:25pm On Jan 06, 2008
So dissapointed,how can she just rubbish the efforts of sum people! Thats unprofessional of her to think that its a national daily again!
Does she av more fans than pasuma? Y is pasuma not complaining
Re: Celebrity Takes 2 Judges Were Nasty – Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by davidif: 7:56pm On Jan 06, 2008
What is celebrity take 2? seems like a spin-off of america's "dancing with the stars" why do we always ALWAYS have to copy oyinbo people?
Re: Celebrity Takes 2 Judges Were Nasty – Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by jandor(f): 12:37am On Jan 07, 2008
abi o.i was about to say that too.copy,copy
Re: Celebrity Takes 2 Judges Were Nasty – Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Nobody: 10:31am On Jan 07, 2008
Not surprised. Omotola is just a narcissist idiot.
Re: Celebrity Takes 2 Judges Were Nasty – Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by viee(f): 2:06pm On Jan 07, 2008
im not an Omotala fan but i really think she is correct about the judges being nasty
they didnt sound objective at all to me of course
they shld have commented based on her perfomance not on her weight
it she is too fat, they shldnt have bothered to invite her at all

gotta say her interview is really lame embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Celebrity Takes 2 Judges Were Nasty – Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by smarkavell: 5:25pm On Jan 07, 2008
angry

Ignorance is bliss, for those who missed out on Celebrity takes 2. too bad (copy or no copy). You all need to stop playa hating.

As par Omtola, she needs to grow up thats all. And what she has on her hands is time. I wish her all the best in her future endeavour
Re: Celebrity Takes 2 Judges Were Nasty – Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by lan29: 10:46pm On Jan 07, 2008
she is very nasty.i didn't expect such comments from her.she has no game spirit and she feels big.rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!the organizers should watch the kind of people they invite.people like her should have not been called at all
Re: Celebrity Takes 2 Judges Were Nasty – Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by tosinadeda: 12:41am On Jan 08, 2008
Pride
Re: Celebrity Takes 2 Judges Were Nasty – Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Mustay(m): 1:47am On Jan 08, 2008
tosinadeda:

Pride

na bad belle do her tongue tongue
Re: Celebrity Takes 2 Judges Were Nasty – Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by yongbabe(f): 11:00am On Jan 18, 2008
correct bad belle.
not to talk of childish behaviour!
Re: Celebrity Takes 2 Judges Were Nasty – Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by hotchick: 1:10pm On Jan 18, 2008
what is wrong with u guys?WHEN YOU SEE NIGERIANS THAT ARE STILL BOLD LEARN TO APPRECIATE THEM. In a country today where corruption,intimidation and ass licking is the order of the day?Some are still FEARLESS and i think a few DEEP people WILL appreciate that. EXCUSE me who said pasuma has more fans than who?you got to be kidding right?Everyone who watched that show share her sentiments TRUTH BE TOLD THEY WERE UNCOUTH AND 'YES' NASTY.
Re: Celebrity Takes 2 Judges Were Nasty – Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by TOYOSI20(f): 3:28pm On Jan 18, 2008
This isn't her first outburst of conceitedness.

angry angry angry
Re: Celebrity Takes 2 Judges Were Nasty – Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by EmemJU(f): 5:58pm On Jan 18, 2008
someone pls tel her to give it up, she sounds so childish, anyone who watched her during d show could see she didn't deserve to go as far as she did, cos she didnt dance any, but then her fan base could only get her so far,
Re: Celebrity Takes 2 Judges Were Nasty – Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by playmate(f): 11:11pm On Jan 18, 2008
TOYOSI20:

This isn't her first outburst of conceitedness.

angry angry angry

i agree wit u.she is too self conceited.
Re: Celebrity Takes 2 Judges Were Nasty – Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by idycroft(f): 11:28pm On Jan 18, 2008
so lame of her.
Re: Celebrity Takes 2 Judges Were Nasty – Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by idycroft(f): 11:29pm On Jan 18, 2008
she need to grow and let tings go instead of whinny
Re: Celebrity Takes 2 Judges Were Nasty – Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Emad(f): 5:47pm On Jan 23, 2008
i think she is a very jealous and envious person
the kind of person who feels that she has to be the best in everything and no one else has a right to be better angry
this might explain the skirmish with Genny.
pathetic
Re: Celebrity Takes 2 Judges Were Nasty – Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by annab(f): 11:14pm On Jan 24, 2008
i don't like her . she shows her anger easily.she is way proud of herself. i hate seeing her in films. lipsrsealed sad
Re: Celebrity Takes 2 Judges Were Nasty – Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by darmys(f): 11:02am On Jan 25, 2008
they were nasty? she dey mad
her dances were nastier angry
Re: Celebrity Takes 2 Judges Were Nasty – Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by pheena: 2:15pm On Jan 25, 2008
nigerians pls wake up, we r 2 far behind.
if we must copy then lets do it properly
in the uk artist are paid for reality shows hence they can be more dedicated
read and understand. most of u r taken it 2 personal.
she never said she was a better dancer she said the judges were not professional(true)
esplly dayo guy.
Re: Celebrity Takes 2 Judges Were Nasty – Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by pheena: 2:22pm On Jan 25, 2008
just remembered
for people who said her hubby bought her the car as a pity gift
pity gift or not it shows he appreciates her no matter what u guys think
4 those who r not married pray to marry a man like hers
who is ready to support u thru thick or thin.
4 pple wey don marry am sure u only wish u ve a guy like that
esplly when u r a celebrity like omotola
Re: Celebrity Takes 2 Judges Were Nasty – Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by uchetobi(f): 5:06pm On Jan 25, 2008
men Omotola is so childish, even if she felt dis way she ouht 2 knw better than saying it, who cares if er husband bought her a hummer? she needs 2 grow up, am sure she wasnt as busy as she made herself sound and will give anything to be Funlola Awofiyebi,

And wats dat shit bout liking trucks grow up OmoT
Re: Celebrity Takes 2 Judges Were Nasty – Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by uchetobi(f): 5:08pm On Jan 25, 2008
anyways defeat is always hard to accept
Re: Celebrity Takes 2 Judges Were Nasty – Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Emad(f): 5:46pm On Jan 25, 2008
what is she busy doing?? oh taking care of four children yessssssssss
Re: Celebrity Takes 2 Judges Were Nasty – Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by yongbabe(f): 5:57pm On Jan 25, 2008
Emad:

what is she busy doing?? oh taking care of four children yessssssssss

Emad she is an actress, i think she was busy travelin to locations,
Re: Celebrity Takes 2 Judges Were Nasty – Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by yongbabe(f): 5:59pm On Jan 25, 2008
pheena:

nigerians please wake up, we r 2 far behind.
if we must copy then lets do it properly
in the uk artist are paid for reality shows hence they can be more dedicated
read and understand. most of you're taken it 2 personal.
she never said she was a better dancer she said the judges were not professional(true)
esplly dayo guy.

the contestants were payed about 500,000 naria .

(1) (Reply)

Ghanaian Actress Juliet Ibrahim Stuns In Hot Pants In New Photos | Peek / Faithia Balogun Finally Drops Her Ex-husband's Last Name / World’s Longest Man self-service (10 Hours)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.