Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,224 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

More Suspects Arrested In Cynthia's Murder - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / More Suspects Arrested In Cynthia's Murder (22843 Views)

LAUTECH Robbery And Rape Suspects Arrested / Cynthia's Murder: Courts Orders Re-arrest Of Pharmacist / Suspect In Cynthia’s Murder Seeks N50M Damages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Suspects Arrested In Cynthia's Murder by Syenite(m): 11:05am On Sep 06, 2012
Cynthia: Police Arrest Two More Suspects
05 Sep 2012
Views: 8,035

Miss Cynthia Osokogu

By Chiemelie Ezeobi

The police Tuesday announced the arrest of two more suspects in connection with the murder of the 24-year-old Miss Cynthia Osokogu.

The two new suspects arrested are Nonso Ezeike, the younger brother of Olisaemeka, and one Gideon Okechukwu, a driver that worked for the two main suspects

THISDAY gathered that the police had traced the remaining suspects through the sale of the late Cynthia’s Blackberry Bold 5 (99100 Model) phone which she was dispossessed of by Nwabufo and Ezeike.

Confirming the arrest, Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Umar Manko, said detectives had tracked the movement of Nonso, Ezeike’s brother at Port Harcourt where he had fled to.

He said Nonso, a graduate of Mathematics and Computer Science at the Federal University of Science and Technology (FUTO), Owerri, was arrested because he had sold the phone to an end user.

Manko, who commended the efforts of the investigating team, said the police would continue to ensure that the public would be informed as the mysteries behind the murder is unravelled.

Narrating how the suspects were arrested, he said: “We were having problems on how to get the late Cynthia’s phone which was missing after we had recovered other items from the suspects.

“We then met the father of the late Cynthia who gave us her pin number. Armed with the pin, we started chatting with the person who was currently using the phone and he told us he bought it from someone.

“We told him that we need the phone and we pledged to pay him back the money but the buyer said the phone was giving him problems and he intends to send it back to the person who sold it to him.

“At that juncture, we traced the mast and discovered he was chatting from Port Harcourt but he had told us that he bought the phone from Lagos when we eventually got him online.”

He added, “Few days later, he called to say he had returned the phone to the actual person he bought it from. We urged him to ask the person to return the said phone at Area E Command, FESTAC Town.

“The person eventually came to our office with a lawyer to drop the phone and he was arrested immediately. Coincidentally, the man who came to drop the phone is a younger brother to the prime suspects who were already arraigned in court. He confessed to the police of having sold three phones given to him by his brothers at several occasions. He also confessed that he sold Cynthia’s Blackberry telephone for N68, 000.00.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/cynthia-police-arrest-two-more-suspects/124117/
Re: More Suspects Arrested In Cynthia's Murder by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 06, 2012
Sorry to say this but most of these young, educated and un-employed guys are too criminally inclined.

They fit more into the cliche that says an idle mind is a devil workshop

They roam the streets of Lagos looking for money the easy way....with criminal intent.

4 Likes

Re: More Suspects Arrested In Cynthia's Murder by hottprince: 1:07pm On Sep 06, 2012
Na by force to get ds money why ds boys no dey get rich quick?all ds boys sef dem too mch.no conscience jst to dey kil babes cos of money
Re: More Suspects Arrested In Cynthia's Murder by wizard01(m): 1:08pm On Sep 06, 2012
Hmmm!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: More Suspects Arrested In Cynthia's Murder by Ramcie(f): 1:08pm On Sep 06, 2012
Hmm! Crime sure runs in this family. How sad cry
Re: More Suspects Arrested In Cynthia's Murder by emekaD3(m): 1:08pm On Sep 06, 2012
NIGERIAN POLICE ..NAWA O UNA GO SOON ARREST EVERYBODY THAT HAS EVER TALKED TO THE MAIN SUSPECTS..AH AH NA WETIN SEF. ALSO BOLD 5 NO GET 99100 NA 9900 AND 9930

2 Likes

Re: More Suspects Arrested In Cynthia's Murder by mayorHP: 1:09pm On Sep 06, 2012
Dem b mumu ao dem go say make i bring fone 2 police station and i will gladly take it there....abi no b naija police....all d same gud work done by d policemen who did all dis

1 Like

Re: More Suspects Arrested In Cynthia's Murder by mrrock: 1:11pm On Sep 06, 2012
@ilugunboy.
It's a pity there still remain people like you in this forum who's only interest borders on ethnicity. Are there no other ethnic groups comiting crime in Nigeria?.
Re: More Suspects Arrested In Cynthia's Murder by hammedkola(m): 1:13pm On Sep 06, 2012
For God sake?...is there any trophy for this case abi why elongating on the matter?...The fact is she is gone, that's her destiny, May God be with the rest of us
Re: More Suspects Arrested In Cynthia's Murder by santakris(m): 1:13pm On Sep 06, 2012
guys r just too despirate for money. This is just unfortunate.
Re: More Suspects Arrested In Cynthia's Murder by freecocoa(f): 1:14pm On Sep 06, 2012
Okay why do i think these police men are lying?

How can a criminal go to a police station to return a phone he had already sold? Didn't he know his brother who supposedly gave him the phone to sell is in the police net? Or didn't he know his brother stole the phone?

Abeg this police people should stay one place, we have heard what they are trying to pass across which is that they are competent, they should stop with the charade, we know better.

All these tales to save face because na big man pikin, mstcheew.

12 Likes

Re: More Suspects Arrested In Cynthia's Murder by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 06, 2012
undecided
Re: More Suspects Arrested In Cynthia's Murder by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 06, 2012
Am not really a fan of the police but I must commend the efforts of the nigeria police force for a job well done! If the nigeria police can fight crimes in such a manner, the crime rate in the country will drastically reduce.
Re: More Suspects Arrested In Cynthia's Murder by DICKtator: 1:16pm On Sep 06, 2012
ilugunboy: Sorry to say this but most of these young, educated and un-employed guys are too criminally inclined.

They fit more into the cliche that says[i] an idle mind is a devil workshop[/i]

They roam the streets of Lagos looking for money the easy way....with criminal intent.

Dude, do you apologise for saying the n.aked truth??
grin grin grin grin
Re: More Suspects Arrested In Cynthia's Murder by Abali1(m): 1:16pm On Sep 06, 2012
someone said it before that even those that saw the girl in Festac town will ne arrested. we dey wait for more arrests.
Re: More Suspects Arrested In Cynthia's Murder by freecocoa(f): 1:17pm On Sep 06, 2012
berem: I really commend the efforts of the nigeria police force for a job well done! If the nigeria police can fight crimes in such a manner, the crime rate in the country will drastically reduce.
Don't tell me you believe that c0ck and bull story.shocked

4 Likes

Re: More Suspects Arrested In Cynthia's Murder by kundul: 1:18pm On Sep 06, 2012
Jst 4 d records our Nigerian police n its investigators shld learn how 2 keep sm vital infos on how dey apprehend der suspects cos of nxt time. When dey reveal everytin criminals will now kn how 2 mk demselves untraceable. I bliv d intelligent 1c here do undstnd wt I mean.

6 Likes

Re: More Suspects Arrested In Cynthia's Murder by badmrkt(m): 1:19pm On Sep 06, 2012
all the suspects seem to come from a particular region(name with-held). lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: More Suspects Arrested In Cynthia's Murder by oladre: 1:21pm On Sep 06, 2012
This Criminal trend actually runs in the family, wonder how these guys were raised by their parents.
Re: More Suspects Arrested In Cynthia's Murder by Decryptor(m): 1:21pm On Sep 06, 2012
emeka.D.:
NIGERIAN POLICE ..NAWA O UNA GO SOON ARREST EVERYBODY THAT HAS EVER TALKED TO THE MAIN SUSPECTS..AH AH NA WETIN SEF. ALSO BOLD 5 NO GET 99100 NA 9900 AND 9930
freecocoa: Okay why do i think these police men are lying?

How can a criminal go to a police station to return a phone he had already sold? Didn't he know his brother who supposedly gave him the phone to sell is in the police net? Or didn't he know his brother stole the phone?

Abeg this police people should stay one place, we have heard what they are trying to pass across which is that they are competent, they should stop with the charade, we know better.

All these tales to save face because na big man pikin, mstcheew.
No mind them! very soon, they will start arresting people who sell ribena and any girl found with a vibr@tor all in the name of "tracing suspects". Incompetent foools

2 Likes

Re: More Suspects Arrested In Cynthia's Murder by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 06, 2012
freecocoa: Don't tell me you believe that c0ck and bull story.shocked
who knows? The police might be right with the investigation going on.let's just watch as more story unfolds.
Re: More Suspects Arrested In Cynthia's Murder by superior1: 1:24pm On Sep 06, 2012
kundul: Jst 4 d records our Nigerian police n its investigators shld learn how 2 keep sm vital infos on how dey apprehend der suspects cos of nxt time. When dey reveal everytin criminals will now kn how 2 mk demselves untraceable. I bliv d intelligent 1c here do undstnd wt I mean.

You are on point
Re: More Suspects Arrested In Cynthia's Murder by masterpiecer(m): 1:25pm On Sep 06, 2012
i wish the Nigerian police would do the same to every criminal case.
very impressive investigation so far
Re: More Suspects Arrested In Cynthia's Murder by masterpiecer(m): 1:29pm On Sep 06, 2012
hammedkola: For God sake?...is there any trophy for this case abi why elongating on the matter?...The fact is she is gone, that's her destiny, May God be with the rest of us

what do u understand by the word 'destiny'?
this young woman's destiny was cut short by those ruthless murderers, investigation need to get to the root, to apprehend every one connected with her murder.
Re: More Suspects Arrested In Cynthia's Murder by Super1759: 1:31pm On Sep 06, 2012
Someone bought a phone from someone and he is been arrested and called a criminal. So its now a crime to buy second-hand phone. Lekwanu nsogbuooo.
Why are they looking for the phone? Are the guys not complying and calling names?
Re: More Suspects Arrested In Cynthia's Murder by alaoeri: 1:31pm On Sep 06, 2012
How i wish all related story & crime are handle the way this case is being handle.
Re: More Suspects Arrested In Cynthia's Murder by bashr8: 1:35pm On Sep 06, 2012
they should also arrest all her facebook friends, the pilot and owner of the airline that flew her to lagos, all the people she called before she left, everybody that knows any body that was arrested including, everybody that lives around the location of the hotel, only a fool will believe nigerian oilce, someone is obviously trying to get a promotion.
Re: More Suspects Arrested In Cynthia's Murder by Techwriter: 1:36pm On Sep 06, 2012
ATTENTION!
In the 21st Century, having Digital Intelligence can increase your Return On Investment(ROI) and NOT being Social Media smart can be expensive-it can even cost you your life. Learn from Cynthia
Re: More Suspects Arrested In Cynthia's Murder by redcliff: 1:36pm On Sep 06, 2012
[size=20pt]THE SWIFTNESS OF THE NIGERIAN POLICE ON THIS CASE IS REALLY SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT. WISH THEY ARE LIKE THIS IN ALL CASES[/size]

2 Likes

Re: More Suspects Arrested In Cynthia's Murder by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 06, 2012
those guys did not kill the woman. i watched their interviews yesterday. they wanted to rob her and scare her a little with some few slaps but she got so terrified that her heart gave up on her. she literally got scared to death. this should be a case of involuntary manslaughter. at most 10 years in jail

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Need Bakassi Boys Again In The East / 50-Year-Old Teacher Impersonating ASP Arrested In Oyo / Suspected Armed Robbers Killed In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.