Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,906 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

D-12 Member Proof Shot And Killed - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D-12 Member Proof Shot And Killed (4476 Views)

12 Rappers Who Got Shot And Lived / Tattoo Artist 2 Travis Barker, Chris Brown, Shot And Killed In LA Club / 2face Shot And Robbed On Arrival From UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

D-12 Member Proof Shot And Killed by lakeside4love(m): 6:20pm On Apr 11, 2006
D-12 member Proof was shot and killed in Detroit earlier this morning at an after hours club on Eight Mile Road. Proof, born Deshaun Hotlon, was one of two murders at the CCC club this morning. While the identity of the second man was not known, sources told AllHipHop.com that fellow group member Bizarre may have been the second man murdered. Both men suffered gunshot wounds to the head and were taken to a local hospital where they were pronounced dead. One witness was being questioned by the police, who are still seeking suspects.

For the full story log on: http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=5552
Re: D-12 Member Proof Shot And Killed by sade511(f): 9:15pm On Apr 11, 2006
OMG.

May his soul rest in Peace. cry cry cry
Re: D-12 Member Proof Shot And Killed by vichel(m): 10:14pm On Apr 11, 2006
This is so very sad sad sad sad
Re: D-12 Member Proof Shot And Killed by Free(f): 10:25pm On Apr 11, 2006
very sad indeed,
may his soul rest in perfect peace

when is all this shootings gon stop,
Re: D-12 Member Proof Shot And Killed by Ciaralover(f): 12:29am On Apr 12, 2006
I used to like that boy!!!!

R.I.P proof

DAMN everyone dying these days!!!!!
Re: D-12 Member Proof Shot And Killed by menike(m): 5:27am On Apr 12, 2006
Although we don't belong to the same Camp, My dawg Proof of D12 was shot yesterday. "Damn ma dawg was a close friend even if he rolled wit Eminem "

That I spoke to him last Week shocks me but guys Deshaun is a guy y'all need to meet 1-on-1 wit cuz that nigger had a good sense of Humor. Goin miss a Friend & Brother .

God Bless U Big Proof . (R.I.P) . (Send ma Regards to tha Homies in Heaven)

Re: D-12 Member Proof Shot And Killed by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:37am On Apr 12, 2006
Sad, Sad, Sad. When will all this viloence stop
Black on black crime, when will it get thru our thick skulls that thats what they want
It does us no good killing eachother like chickens

Man i was never a fan of D-12, but i still gotta Respect them RIP proof
may ur soul rest eternally in heaven
JAH JAH bless
Re: D-12 Member Proof Shot And Killed by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 12, 2006
How do i get the murderers, i need to give them a piece of my mind. He was my role Model.

Rest in full peace Hommie. I'll miss men
Re: D-12 Member Proof Shot And Killed by Eastcoast(f): 2:28pm On Apr 12, 2006
they haven't discovered who killed 2pac, b.i.g and now proof. cry cry RIP.
Re: D-12 Member Proof Shot And Killed by Seun(m): 2:50pm On Apr 12, 2006
A source that requested anonymity told AllHipHop.com that Proof was in the club after-hours when a heated verbal argument between Proof and a bouncer allegedly broke out and escalated.

Proof was shot and killed around 4:30 am on April 11 and the bouncer was seriously wounded, both with gunshots to the head.

"Proof knocked dude down and stood over him with gun in hand," a source close to Proof told AllHipHop.com. "Proof shot first. The bouncer on the ground didn't shoot Proof another bouncer did. Proof was shot 4 times. Twice in the head and twice in the chest/stomach area."

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=5555
Re: D-12 Member Proof Shot And Killed by vichel(m): 4:54pm On Apr 12, 2006
And the worst part is these rappers would never realize that violence will only lead to their doom. First 2pac, Biggie smalls, lil kim(in jail) and now proof. Well i take solace that Bizzare wasn't involve cos it would have been too much of a shock to take.

Proof RIP my brother
Re: D-12 Member Proof Shot And Killed by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:21pm On Apr 12, 2006
What did lil kim do? did she commit purjery thats not violence, just sheer stupidity
Re: D-12 Member Proof Shot And Killed by vichel(m): 5:23pm On Apr 12, 2006
but hey she was at the scene, and she denied ever knowing anything about it
Re: D-12 Member Proof Shot And Killed by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:27pm On Apr 12, 2006
ya trusay u got a point
Re: D-12 Member Proof Shot And Killed by Eastcoast(f): 6:11pm On Apr 12, 2006
All these violence is one of the reasons why many other races don't like hip hop/rap and letz not forget filthy lyrics.
Re: D-12 Member Proof Shot And Killed by vichel(m): 6:14pm On Apr 12, 2006
no kidding who cares what they like or don't like
Re: D-12 Member Proof Shot And Killed by Eastcoast(f): 6:15pm On Apr 12, 2006
i did not really mean like in the sense of liking but as in critizing and stereotype. i don't care what others think of it, i was just saying
Re: D-12 Member Proof Shot And Killed by vichel(m): 6:59pm On Apr 12, 2006
ur point is well noted and appreciated wink
Re: D-12 Member Proof Shot And Killed by eslynera(f): 9:38pm On Apr 13, 2006
Why don't people ever live in peace?
One minute someone's shot
Another minute someone's stabbed
Another minute,
Oh God!!! just help this world, and help us all to live in peace.

Proof, rest in peace. cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: D-12 Member Proof Shot And Killed by Seun(m): 11:59pm On Apr 13, 2006
He shot first.
Re: D-12 Member Proof Shot And Killed by ik3: 9:11pm On Apr 14, 2006
yo! Proof we gonna miss ya
say hi to all da beloved homies
one luv cry
Re: D-12 Member Proof Shot And Killed by timbachick(f): 1:45pm On Apr 26, 2006
D12 Rapper Proof Fatally Shot
Eminem's right-hand man killed at Detroit club D12 rapper and longtime friend of Eminem, Proof, was shot and killed this morning at a Detroit club called 3C, located on the city's famed Eight Mile. Proof, born Deshaun Holton, was announced dead on arrival at Conner Creek Medical Center just after 5 a.m. He was thirty-two years old.
Police were called to the scene in early this morning after reports of gunfire and fighting at the venue, which was operating illegally after-hours. Another unidentified, thirty-five-year-old man was also shot, and is listed in critical condition. An investigation into the incident is underway.

Proof was among the most revered MCs in Detroit and befriended fellow Motor City rapper Eminem before joining Em's rap troupe D12. Proof went on to make a brief appearance in Em's hit biopic, 8 Mile, and was ever-present in the courtroom in 2001, when Eminem was battling gun charges. Proof also served as the best man at the superstar rapper's wedding to his on-and-off love Kim Mathers last January.

"Me and Eminem have wonderful chemistry, and we have wonderful songs," the rapper told Rolling Stone last summer while on the all-star hip-hop Anger Management 3 tour.

This is the second shooting involving a member of Eminem's entourage in three months: Rapper Obie Trice was shot and injured on New Year's Eve while driving on Detroit's Lodge Freeway.

Early last year, Eminem released a video for "Like Toy Soldiers," off his last studio album, 2004's Encore, that slammed violence in the hip-hop community. In the clip, Proof is shot, and Eminem sits in the hospital waiting room as doctors try to revive his friend.

Proof released his solo debut, Searching for Jerry Garcia, last summer on his independent label Iron Fist Records. "It's a long time coming," he said. "I'm very nervous because of the perception of the group we run with -- there's a lot of pressure."

Memorial service arrangements for Proof are still being made.
R.I.P. PROOF. cry can they ever learn? embarassed
Re: D-12 Member Proof Shot And Killed by eveseh(f): 5:11pm On Apr 30, 2006
is he dead?

is he's dead than,may his soul rest in piece,

i didnt heard this?
Re: D-12 Member Proof Shot And Killed by eveseh(f): 5:12pm On Apr 30, 2006
is he dead?

is he's dead than,may his soul rest in piece,

i didnt heard this?
Re: D-12 Member Proof Shot And Killed by menike(m): 5:47pm On May 01, 2006
Ya ma' His dead and buried

We miss him
Re: D-12 Member Proof Shot And Killed by eslynera(f): 12:34am On May 07, 2006
Rest "n" peace
Re: D-12 Member Proof Shot And Killed by OldGlory1(m): 5:59pm On May 07, 2006
@Eastcoast

Other Races Love Hiphop/Rap sometimes more than Blacks. Whites Buy more than 77% of all Hiphop Cd's sold. There is even a Hasidic Jewish Rapper with mad lyrics. There are Arab Rappers,African Rappers and the hip/hop culture is in every part of the Globe. Proof was a good Hype-man for Eminem and an intricate part of D-12. May his soul rest in Peace.
Re: D-12 Member Proof Shot And Killed by blkamrcngl(f): 8:52pm On May 08, 2006
He did shoot first.
They buried him in a gold casket, I hope they remember that this is still Detroit, undecided
Re: D-12 Member Proof Shot And Killed by stephanie7(f): 1:56pm On May 09, 2006
in the video for toy soilder Proof is shot, brought to hospital, dies and eminem buries him with everyone else and now it is reality and i cried when they played the video the other day on MTV!!!! cant believe they r still showing it
Re: D-12 Member Proof Shot And Killed by gonkin(m): 4:23pm On Mar 14, 2007
rapping along side the nigga was the aim but its a pity the game had to take him but not his name just like that black day i felt palled but had no reason for my dissed dullness then a friend came telling me deshaun 's gone by the guns i could'nt believe till i saw the news in my mail box that deshaun is no more homey you may be gone to the world; but to us you're still alive high and well

D.Holton would never be forgotten i promise that to all them fans out there

(1) (Reply)

PAul Okoye Finally Accepts Baby With 19 Year Baby Mama, Elshama / Shocking Secret Discovered In The Center Of The Holy Bible / Ayiri Emami Gives Younger Sister N250k Cash For Cooking Him Nsala Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.