Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,666 members, 7,955,405 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:11 AM

Why Celebrities Thread Always Makes The Front Page - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Celebrities Thread Always Makes The Front Page (2027 Views)

The Reasons Why Celebrities Like Wizkid Cannot Pay House Rent!!! / THE REASONS WHY CELEBRITIES CANNOT PAY THEIR HOUSE RENT!!! / could this be Why Celebrities Dont Go To Church/ Public Places (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Celebrities Thread Always Makes The Front Page by ambrosini593(m): 11:08pm On Sep 06, 2012
Nairaland as the name implies is like every other social networking site out there that reports every celebrity news and lifestyle.
It is important that we know that nairaland was created for money making, social networking and news be it political, economical or social which celebrities news falls under. We complain too much about our celebrities news. Why is it that celebrities news in other sites that are getting attention but as soon as they gets to Nairaland they becomes complains and insults. Are Nairalanders more intelligent than members of other social site/forum? Even our newspapers you see and read today their front pages are flooded with celebrities news, gossip and gists, why should Nairaland should be different. Some Nairalanders aims and objectives is to sit down criticize every celebrity information or news that makes up the front page without even appreciating the provider of such information or news

The following are some of the reasons I think why celebrities/entertainment news is always on the front page.

(A) News about celebrities gets more page views and comments.

(B) Because Nairalanders want to read the latest rumours, gists and news about their favourites celebrities.

(C) Because Nairalanders are entertained when they see the pictures of their celebrities maybe eating corns, sleeping, new houses, cars etc.

(D) Because they deserve front pages as celebrities. Giving honour to whom honour is due.

(E) Because it makes the site to be lively and entertaining. It is not just politics alone.

(F) Because their fans are looking up to them as role models, idols that are worthy to emulate.

(G) Because Nairaland is incomplete without them.

(H) Because people really loves celebrities so they want to know everything about them, their diets, makes up, ups and downs, their childhood pictures, before fames etc.

(I) To know how celebrities responds to allegations against them, embarrassing moments, situations, secrets and scandalous scenes.

(J) Celebrities are considered to be above ordinary people, which explains the fascination on front pages.

(K) Finally, Hollywood celebrities are always on social site front pages even their pets are classified worthy on front pages.

Let appreciate our celebrities by not complaining about news about them. Let also appreciate Seun and his team of Moderators they are trying.

3 Likes

Re: Why Celebrities Thread Always Makes The Front Page by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 07, 2012
Nice one bro! Thumbs up. Whenever i log into this site, my first place of visit is d entertainment section, precisely tv/movies and celebrities. Most Nigerians dont appreciate their fellow celebrities which is very bad.these entertainers-footballers,singers,rappers,pastors,actors/actresses are our representatives abroad. Pple look at them and judge us all, The more we encourage them, they put in their best to bring a positive outlook upon nigeria as a country. But we dont understand as we are so full of hate and appreciate outsiders instead.
Re: Why Celebrities Thread Always Makes The Front Page by MissyB3(f): 4:51pm On Sep 07, 2012
May God bless you, Ambrosini! Ah! Your thread is just a breath of fresh air . . .

I will not move this thread for now so those who have an opposing view can speak up.
This thread does not, in any way, substitute the complaints thread, but We'll answer questions regarding the celebrities section on this thread.
I'm also hoping that garri-whatsis that has constantly been getting banned since yesterday will show up and say what his problems are, maybe we can come to an understanding.
Re: Why Celebrities Thread Always Makes The Front Page by ijebabe: 6:56pm On Sep 07, 2012
A lot of thought had gone into this thread! Nice one op.
It is common knowledge that celebrities, no matter what they do and how small, will always be a topic of discussion and that's the same reason those garri mongers click on such threads to read and comment. Even going as far as replying to almost all the comments grin. They are not fooling anyone!

Missy B, abeg you can now put this on front page! cheesy
Re: Why Celebrities Thread Always Makes The Front Page by OAM4J: 8:30pm On Sep 07, 2012
Very good one. Absolutely correct.

Hope you can do one for politics too b4 I get jealous of Missy B cheesy
Re: Why Celebrities Thread Always Makes The Front Page by MissyB3(f): 9:00pm On Sep 07, 2012
OAM4J: Very good one. Absolutely correct.

Hope you can do one for politics too b4 I get jealous of Missy B cheesy
Jolosi!!! cheesy
Re: Why Celebrities Thread Always Makes The Front Page by Javanian1(f): 9:45pm On Sep 07, 2012
@OAM4J a garri representative is here!!!!
Re: Why Celebrities Thread Always Makes The Front Page by OAM4J: 9:45pm On Sep 07, 2012
ok what is the issue? Let's talk
Re: Why Celebrities Thread Always Makes The Front Page by Javanian1(f): 9:51pm On Sep 07, 2012
Any thread that makes the front page should directly or indirectly reduce the price of garri...

The garri crew is tired of seeing

Psquare eating groundnut
davido eating akpu
dbanj receivng prayers

infact the list is endless!!!
Re: Why Celebrities Thread Always Makes The Front Page by Todaynatoday: 9:54pm On Sep 07, 2012
Is that all?
I'm sure that if a "vote" button could be created for getting threads to the homepage, none of those threads currently on the homepage will see the light of day!
I joined nairaland during the fuel subsidy crisis period & I joined because it was highly informative and was a site for Nigerians (one of a kind). Infact I was just so in love with this site. But after the strike period, the site just kept dwindling, no more useful content just trash like "davido is eating akpu, come and join him" later, I saw that nairaland was just full of tribalists (seriously, i never knew that such people still existed). So much segregation for a site that is supposed to promote Nigeria & Nigerians.
Now, instead of focusing on these tribal m.o.r.o.n.s, u decided to place a ban on "garri"
why can't u ban those who are promoting hate and disunity? U are banning common garri sellers & lovers.
If a thread is good enough to be on the homepage, no one will ask for the price of garri
Re: Why Celebrities Thread Always Makes The Front Page by Javanian1(f): 9:55pm On Sep 07, 2012
And let me be sincere if you keep banning us..you wont be helping matters...because you are making it very interesting...and we have nothing to loose
Re: Why Celebrities Thread Always Makes The Front Page by OAM4J: 9:57pm On Sep 07, 2012
This is someone's website and his business too. Why not allow him run his site/business as he likes?

We don't post news about random people but about celebrities. Read what the OP of this thread wrote.

If some of you don't like these celebrities news/gossips just ignore them, there are lots of people who like these celebrity news and will want to read them. The owner of this site want to satisfy them too.

This is a simple thing.
Re: Why Celebrities Thread Always Makes The Front Page by OAM4J: 10:02pm On Sep 07, 2012
Todaynatoday: Is that all?
I'm sure that if a "vote" button could be created for getting threads to the homepage, none of those threads currently on the homepage will see the light of day!
I joined nairaland during the fuel subsidy crisis period & I joined because it was highly informative and was a site for Nigerians (one of a kind). Infact I was just so in love with this site. But after the strike period, the site just kept dwindling, no more useful content just trash like "davido is eating akpu, come and join him" later, I saw that nairaland was just full of tribalists (seriously, i never knew that such people still existed). So much segregation for a site that is supposed to promote Nigeria & Nigerians.
Now, instead of focusing on these tribal m.o.r.o.n.s, u decided to place a ban on "garri"
why can't u ban those who are promoting hate and disunity? U are banning common garri sellers & lovers.
If a thread is good enough to be on the homepage, no one will ask for the price of garri

We have stepped up the campaign against 'tribalists' too. Most of the tribalism issue always happen on crime and ethnic threads, the admin just added me and sexkill as moderators of crime section to curb their activities. We are on it. So you people should chill.
Re: Why Celebrities Thread Always Makes The Front Page by MissyB3(f): 10:02pm On Sep 07, 2012
why can't u ban those who are promoting hate and disunity?
Moderators do not deliberately let insolent comments directed at a certain tribe slide. We are humans and cannot be everywhere at the same time hence we ask for your help - report such posts.

I'm assuming the reason you're here is because you want to have a civil conversation.
Nairaland consists of different people with different interests, don't you think it's selfish to want to see only what you like on the homepage not minding what others want? Do you realize that Nairaland is owned by Seun Osewa ALONE and it's only fair that he does what he likes with his business as long as it's not detrimental to you or any other person in any way?
Re: Why Celebrities Thread Always Makes The Front Page by Javanian1(f): 10:03pm On Sep 07, 2012
Yawns!!!!...what the op of this thread wrote is thrash!!!!....

Have you seen us on any thread that makes sence...we are not that jobless...let those rubbish celebrity threads remain in the celebtity section...simple!!!!

Until Garri is N5 per cup we wont stop!!
Re: Why Celebrities Thread Always Makes The Front Page by EdDave(m): 10:06pm On Sep 07, 2012
Agree completely wit OP. As a matter of fact, u beat me to it. Gone r d days wen NL was a place to get the news first, verify rumour authencity, meet interesting ppl who are genuinely willing to help you with ur probs, wateva they may be or just hang out n get orig jokes dat just make you feel at home; even when u r already at home.
All u see now is childish talk, tribalism, cyber terrorism, fraudsters, recycled jokes,hidden posts, insults etc.
Why do u comment on a thread if u don't have a meaningful contributn? I have learnt quite a lot frm serious minded ppl here who prefer to view and not comment anymore. Cos their meaning comments ll be conceived as basis for "Garri" talk. Hence, u have close to 1m members but less than 1,000(?) active participants.
I love this forum and I believe we all do, else you won't be here. Let us not push it d way we push everytin in Nigeria; to the point where we have to 'manage' it or destroy it altogether. And then we are d 1st to complain. How abt we all say meaningful things n see how we ll enjoy hanging out together.

1 Like

Re: Why Celebrities Thread Always Makes The Front Page by MissyB3(f): 10:10pm On Sep 07, 2012
Why do u comment on a thread if u don't have a meaningful contributn?
Exactly!
There are more than 48506770798 other threads you could patronize if you do not like a certain one, why do you have to throw self-respect away by making a nuisance of yourself simply because it's a faceless community?
If you do not like a thread, ignore it, can you?!
Re: Why Celebrities Thread Always Makes The Front Page by OAM4J: 10:11pm On Sep 07, 2012
Javanian*:
Yawns!!!!...what the op of this thread wrote is thrash!!!!....

Have you seen us on any thread that makes sence...we are not that jobless...let those rubbish celebrity threads remain in the celebtity section...simple!!!!

Until Garri is N5 per cup we wont stop!!

The site is a personal property not owned by the government of the public. Just ignore celebrity threads/topics you don't like and focus on the ones you like. You dont have to be selfish too, there are many others that like those threads. Let them have what they like too. Live and let's live.
Re: Why Celebrities Thread Always Makes The Front Page by Javanian1(f): 10:12pm On Sep 07, 2012
This Garri thing was meant to be a joke but you moderators made it a big deal by banning us...let us be and the slogan will die a natural death...

If you like ban me again it will just be NAIRALAND ID NO 25 today...Tommorow is another 25...i can create 50 tonight so i will have enough tommorow
Re: Why Celebrities Thread Always Makes The Front Page by ijebabe: 10:13pm On Sep 07, 2012
Such ignorance been proudly displayed by people with 'sense'!

If you don't like a celeb thread then simply ignore it. Why do you have to click AND comment on it. What are you seeking attention for? Don't tribalism and other discrimination begin with petty prejudices as displayed by the garri mongers?

It doesn't take anything from me as everyone is entitled to be whatever they want. Just don't force everyone to be the way you want them to be. I continually question the quality of education some people get in universities undecided
Re: Why Celebrities Thread Always Makes The Front Page by Todaynatoday: 10:13pm On Sep 07, 2012
Missy_B:
Moderators do not deliberately let insolent comments directed at a certain tribe slide. We are humans and cannot be everywhere at the same time hence we ask for your help - report such posts.

I'm assuming the reason you're here is because you want to have a civil discussion.
Nairaland consists of different people with different interest, don't you think it's selfish to only see what you like on the homepage not minding what others want? Do you realize that Nairaland is owned by Seun Osewa ALONE and it's only fair that he does what he likes with his business as long as it's not detrimental to you or any other person in any way?
No one man can run a business alone. Without the members of this site, it would have remained stagnant. Yes he owns the business but even business men take their customers into note when making decisions that affect them all. He should just add a "vote" button which people can use to vote for topics that are front page worthy, the more votes, the more likely the thread will appear on front page. And of course, there should be exceptions for "really important/useful" topics that the majority will have no problem with!

1 Like

Re: Why Celebrities Thread Always Makes The Front Page by Javanian1(f): 10:15pm On Sep 07, 2012
Good Night @ all!!!...i have id's to open grin
Re: Why Celebrities Thread Always Makes The Front Page by OAM4J: 10:16pm On Sep 07, 2012
Javanian*:
This Garri thing was meant to be a joke but you moderators made it a big deal by banning us...let us be and the slogan will die a natural death...

If you like ban me again it will just be NAIRALAND ID NO 25 today...Tommorow is another 25...i can create 50 tonight so i will have enough tommorow

It was a joke taken too far. I too was laughing at it at the start until it went too far and became a nuisance on almost every thread. The point is what do you gain posting about garri everywhere. It doesn't change anything or d price of garri itself. so lets just stop.
Re: Why Celebrities Thread Always Makes The Front Page by MissyB3(f): 10:20pm On Sep 07, 2012
Todaynatoday: No one man can run a business alone. Without the members of this site, it would have remained stagnant. Yes he owns the business but even business men take their customers into note when making decisions that affect them all. He should just add a "vote" button which people can use to vote for topics that are front page worthy, the more votes, the more likely the thread will appear on front page. And of course, there should be exceptions for "really important/useful" topics that the majority will have no problem with!
Todaynatoday,
Creating a poll wouldn't solve a thing as the few who may like the garri joke may rig the poll, and besides, how sensible is it to allow disorderliness reign simply because some people like it?

You do realize you've rendered almost all the threads on the homepage from the celebrities section useless? Is that how you show love to the site you claim to like a lot? Even if you have a thing or 2 against the owner of the site, could you, at least, for the sake of respect for others which is the fundamental rule of every society stop spamming threads? Not only the moderators and the admin find the garri joke silly, other members do too. It is very possible to ignore threads you don't like rather than render them useless!
Re: Why Celebrities Thread Always Makes The Front Page by Javanian1(f): 10:21pm On Sep 07, 2012
Todaynatoday: No one man can run a business alone. Without the members of this site, it would have remained stagnant. Yes he owns the business but even business men take their customers into note when making decisions that affect them all. He should just add a "vote" button which people can use to vote for topics that are front page worthy, the more votes, the more likely the thread will appear on front page. And of course, there should be exceptions for "really important/useful" topics that the majority will have no problem with!
GBAM!!!!!!!...The thing is a moderator is using the celebrity section to advertise laila ikeji's blog...you think we dont know...all her rubbish threads will make the front page...
Re: Why Celebrities Thread Always Makes The Front Page by OAM4J: 10:22pm On Sep 07, 2012

It is a business owner's choice and right to decide what he/she wants and what not in his/her business. If his/her choice are wrong let him handle the consequences. customers shouldn't tell a business owner how to run his business, if they are not satisfied with him, they simply move on to another business owner that meets their needs.

If you dont like the way Seun does his business, check other forums or simply create your own forum since you are computer savvy yourself.
Re: Why Celebrities Thread Always Makes The Front Page by Todaynatoday: 10:23pm On Sep 07, 2012
ijebabe: Such ignorance been proudly displayed by people with 'sense'!

If you don't like a celeb thread then simply ignore it. Why do you have to click AND comment on it. What are you seeking attention for? Don't tribalism and other discrimination begin with petty prejudices as displayed by the garri mongers?

It doesn't take anything from me as everyone is entitled to be whatever they want. Just don't force everyone to be the way you want them to be. I continually question the quality of education some people get in universities undecided
such celeb threads could be easily ignored if they stayed where they belonged. Bringing it to the frontpage means there is something special about the thread or it must have gotten "a lot" of replies, so everybody must see it. Why must u tell me that davido is eating akpu (something that was even photoshopped) or i-go-dye bought suv 4 his girlfriend or cossy orjiakor is a christian with big boobs=>> I wouldn't have any problem with such topics if they were jokes, but alas, they are not!

3 Likes

Re: Why Celebrities Thread Always Makes The Front Page by MissyB3(f): 10:27pm On Sep 07, 2012
Todaynatoday: such celeb threads could be easily ignored if they stayed where they belonged. Bringing it to the frontpage means there is something special about the thread or it must have gotten "a lot" of replies, so everybody must see it. Why must u tell me that davido is eating akpu (something that was even photoshopped) or i-go-dye bought suv 4 his girlfriend or cossy orjiakor is a christian with big boobs=>> I wouldn't have any problem with such topics if they were jokes, but alas, they are not!
Ignore those threads!
You don't like them? Do not post on them!
You don't like the way Nairaland is being run? Do not use it anymore!

1 Like

Re: Why Celebrities Thread Always Makes The Front Page by OAM4J: 10:30pm On Sep 07, 2012
Todaynatoday: such celeb threads could be easily ignored if they stayed where they belonged. Bringing it to the frontpage means there is something special about the thread or it must have gotten "a lot" of replies, so everybody must see it. Why must u tell me that davido is eating akpu (something that was even photoshopped) or i-go-dye bought suv 4 his girlfriend or cossy orjiakor is a christian with big boobs=>> I wouldn't have any problem with such topics if they were jokes, but alas, they are not!

Bottom line is that the home page and Nairaland as a whole is not yours. Why must you fight against the owner running his site the way he wants? Why must you dictate to him what he should promote and what he shouldn't?

Would you like someone who doesn't own a share in your business to dictate to you how you should run a business you so laboured to build?
Re: Why Celebrities Thread Always Makes The Front Page by ijebabe: 10:30pm On Sep 07, 2012
You have a problem with such topics and the whole Nairaland must, right? Who are you to decide if a thread should make it to front page? As far as I can tell there are a mix of threads from other sections on the front page so why pounce on the celeb threads? Just let it go and move on.

1 Like

Re: Why Celebrities Thread Always Makes The Front Page by Todaynatoday: 10:32pm On Sep 07, 2012
Missy_B:
Ignore those threads!
so now, what are u feeling like? Small comment, u don vex!
Okay na
let the battle continue!

1 Like

Re: Why Celebrities Thread Always Makes The Front Page by Javanian1(f): 10:33pm On Sep 07, 2012
Missy_B:
Ignore those threads!

All this your ginger wont help matters...

i can bet i joined nairaland before you and this wasnt how it was then...Nairaland front page used to be a joy to read...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With This Photo? (red-carpet Punishment Edition) / PHOTOS: Big & Beautiful Ife Sweetness Flaunts Her Stuffs / Photos Of Alex Ekubo As Male And Female. LOL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.