Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,078 members, 7,957,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:23 AM

Nigeria, "The State Of Inequality And Injustice Among Her Citizens" - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nigeria, "The State Of Inequality And Injustice Among Her Citizens" (858 Views)

The State Of The Mind;how It Affect Our Achievement: / Ebiag Reloaded: The Citizens Of Gyrus / Great Nigeria - The Final Poem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria, "The State Of Inequality And Injustice Among Her Citizens" by DOCTRE(m): 12:52am On Sep 07, 2012
Hi nairalanders am an intending writer . This happens to be one of my favourites just wish you guys could pass comment on it thanks.

So many times in my lonely hours, out of curiosity and quest for more knowledge, I realize some basic facts about this vast and unpredictable world we live in, majority of the occurrences make me sob right inside me.
However, instead of racism which majority of the human activists and humanists always strive to put an end to, there seem to be a greater problem lagging attention. Poverty, had for long been ignored all because few elites in the society still enjoy great affluence of the nation.
Moreover, over the time passed this deadly disease called poverty has invaded the world, and most pronounced in the African countries. with reference to statistics, in our present day in Africa, there are about 35% average class citizens, 15% high class citizens i.e people living in great affluence and the rest 50% goes to the low class i.e the poor.

Although, there tends to be an unfortunate fact about this reality and this follows the trend that majority of the masses who are living in penury, suffering and starvation had worked harder even more than the so called rich men and women living in the world of extravagances today.

More so, as sad enough as the story could be, poverty has constrained many future leaders into some deviant attitudes such as crimes, political thuggery, and all the likes of social vices with no doubt, all these irregularities which tends to seem like an incurable epidemic had emanated from poor political leadership and governance.

Conclusively, having seen all these sufferings, pains and frustrations, these are few questions lingering on the minds of many.
- Why are some born rich and some poor?

- Why can't there be equality in law and justice?

- Would the rich always get richer and the poor get poorer?

May be if i was the supreme being, I would have answers to these questions.
Nevertheless, as an addendum and advise, I would say it all starts with you and me; show love to your family at home, your community, to your religious contemporaries, to your state, to your country and finally show love to the world at large. With these we would see a positive change and make the world a better place to live in.

I guess you enjoyed it a little smiley smiley smiley
Re: Nigeria, "The State Of Inequality And Injustice Among Her Citizens" by johnshagb(m): 1:04am On Sep 07, 2012
nice article, keep it up yeah sounds true to an extent to me.
Re: Nigeria, "The State Of Inequality And Injustice Among Her Citizens" by DOCTRE(m): 1:08am On Sep 07, 2012
john_shagb: nice article, keep it up yeah sounds true to an extent to me.
tanx man

(1) (Reply)

3 Finally Shortlisted For Nlng 2012 Edition Of Nigeria Prize For Literature / Common Mistakes People Make In English / Selfie : 2013 New English Word

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.