Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

How To Uninstall/replace System Applications In Andriod Devices - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Uninstall/replace System Applications In Andriod Devices (1112 Views)

This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! / Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application / Ways Andriod Devices Can Be Protected And Infected By Viruses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Uninstall/replace System Applications In Andriod Devices by Onosy: 10:15am On Sep 07, 2012
Please How can I uninstall/replace system Applications in my andriod phone....I have facebook version 1.3 as a system application I want to updrade but it doesn't update or replace the Facebook Apps 1.3 version...Any Idea please
Re: How To Uninstall/replace System Applications In Andriod Devices by gsmcoder: 7:34am On Sep 09, 2012
you need to have root access, use root explorer and go into ./system/apps

delete the whole folder and restart your phone. Remember to grant root explorer
su access before attempting this.
Re: How To Uninstall/replace System Applications In Andriod Devices by Onosy: 4:06pm On Sep 09, 2012
::gsmcoder:::
you need to have root access, use root explorer and go into ./system/apps

delete the whole folder and restart your phone. Remember to grant root explorer
su access before attempting this.
will i be able to install a newer version of facebook? that is 1.6 or 1.9 version after rootin.
Re: How To Uninstall/replace System Applications In Andriod Devices by gsmcoder: 7:10pm On Sep 09, 2012
100% ok will install. even with the old one
you can choose to replace during installation.
Re: How To Uninstall/replace System Applications In Andriod Devices by walcolm(m): 7:01am On Sep 10, 2012
Onosy: Please How can I uninstall/replace system Applications in my andriod phone....I have facebook version 1.3 as a system application I want to updrade but it doesn't update or replace the Facebook Apps 1.3 version...Any Idea please

why dont you just get on Google play store to update to the newest version for your Android OS?
Re: How To Uninstall/replace System Applications In Andriod Devices by Onosy: 7:50am On Sep 12, 2012
walcolm:

why dont you just get on Google play store to update to the newest version for your Android OS?

I did but after it finish downloading it will display an error message that the version is not signed correctly. That was 1.9.3 version. I tried 1.6.3 version that one just displayed apps not installed.

@gsmcoder: how can I get the root explorer?
Re: How To Uninstall/replace System Applications In Andriod Devices by walcolm(m): 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2012
are those FB version usable by ur android OS? if you are using an older version of android, its possible your version cannot support these newer FB version and you should be using an older version

what version of android OS are you using?
Re: How To Uninstall/replace System Applications In Andriod Devices by Onosy: 11:06am On Sep 14, 2012
walcolm: are those FB version usable by ur android OS? if you are using an older version of android, its possible your version cannot support these newer FB version and you should be using an older version

what version of android OS are you using?

Its Andriod 2.3.5 Version. Tecno T1 phone.

(1) (Reply)

HTC Desire / Can I Watch DSTV Without Drifta / ............

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.