Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,050 members, 7,956,916 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:24 PM

Nigerias Most Active Sports Personality - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerias Most Active Sports Personality (670 Views)

Nojim Maiyegun Nigerias 1st Ever Olympic Medalist Who Is Blind &Lives In Austria / The Oldest And Most Active Female Supporter In The NPFL / Picture Of The Most Active Athletes Of London 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerias Most Active Sports Personality by seanking(m): 7:26pm On Sep 07, 2012
Nigeria is Blessed with an abundance of Human and Natural Resources but as a young man growing up in Benin City i was only aware or should i say concerned about our sporting talent...Soccer is my sport of choice

Nwankwo Kanu and JJ Okocha my favorites but Finidi George, Tijani Babangida [/b]and [b]Victor Ikpeba made a huge impression on me because i enjoyed watching them play for big european clubs in Important competitions week in week out.

Its sad to see that Nigerian Soccer players are not making as much of an impression on the world stage as i have become accustomed to

the purpose of this thread is for us to evaluate the peformances of our brothers in various leagus across Europe and the world

Currently John Obi Mikel is (in my opinion) the only Nigerian player who is relevant to his team in the sense that he is guaranteed a spot in the starting 11 week in week out - I believe or should i say i am hopeful that Victor Moses can make the same sort of impact as Mikel but quicker .....I AM OVERJOYED FOR mIKEL THAT HE IS FINALLY LIVING UP TO EXPECTATIONS i hope more Nigerian players become relevant for various clubs as this will only help us become a better footballing nation

Bob Gidi.

(1) (Reply)

Lessons Learnt Fom Afcon 2013 / NIGERIA Named Among 2015 Africa Cup Of Nations Qualifiers Top Seeds / Keshi Denies Dumping Emenike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.