Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,725 members, 7,837,634 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Help With Nysc For Foriegn Graduate! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help With Nysc For Foriegn Graduate! (1215 Views)

Civil Service Commission: What Were The Foriegn Affairs Interview Questions? / Nysc For Foreign Nigeria Graduate / No More NYSC For Hnd Holders? Help to Confirm! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Nysc For Foriegn Graduate! by HRhotness(f): 4:50am On Jan 08, 2008
Hi,

I've been reading old threads on NYSC for foreign trained graduate and the requirements, I find the information helpful and I'm quite grateful. however, i still have a few other questions. i have gathered that it is possible for me to pick where i get posted to, but i visited the NYSC website and it clearly states that like home trained graduates, we have no choice in where we serve. I would like information on how i go about seeing that i get my chosen posting.

Also i recently got a job offer and i read some where that it was possible to arrange it so that the firm i am to work with will be listed as my place of assignment. anybody with more information on how this can be arranged?

and finally, how soon do i start making arrangements as i intend to begin the service year with sept 2008 batch.
unfortunately, everyone back home is as clueless as i am so any additional information is very welcome.

thanx

Bleep
Re: Help With Nysc For Foriegn Graduate! by aahmed112: 10:04am On Jan 08, 2008
urmm. . .Im not too comfortable with the info u get on their website, cos most of the stuff on it dont change from the initial setup (like most nigerian websites)! But I did enrol for mine in January 2006 (2 yrs ago nw) and I was asked where I wanted to serve. . .n dats wot I got! Though I wudnt b able to tell if it was cos that option was so effective, cos I did have an officer there make sure I got my posting!

As per ur job, does the firm understand u are tryin 2 run your NYSC program at the same time? If they do, all you need do is get them to give you a letter of request, addressed to NYSC, n u'll have to use that to wriggle ur way through the NYSC process. You just need to know the right pple to talk to n u shud get it sorted. . .mayb part wit a lil' something cash-like wink

U shud b due in by late July to early august then, have ur certificate ready + all other credentials, go to the secretariat in abuja, fill in the forms appropriately n u shud b gud to go. There's reali no extras to do early on before time. I came in 2 weeks to my start date!

Gud luck n hope this helps
Re: Help With Nysc For Foriegn Graduate! by HRhotness(f): 1:14pm On Jan 09, 2008
I guess what u're saying is that no matter what i fond i should till get back-up, fair enough. I know how things work in Nigeria.

I haven't discussed my plans with the firm, just checking to confirm that the procedure isn't major, they might not be willing to help if it will involve alot on their part.

thanks for the info

Bleep
Re: Help With Nysc For Foriegn Graduate! by finicky(m): 1:25pm On Jan 09, 2008
Hi, it really depends on where u are posted[the state] and or where u actually want to serve, if the organisation is in Abuja or lagos i'll advice u opt for Abuja- camp there is actually stressless and u can get ur postin to ur desired place without much ado.
The easiest way would be if the organisation u want to serve with will issue u a request letter, u just have to submit this to camp secretariat and u get posted there, and if u dont have a request letter u could get ur posting worked out without having to pay anything.
I'm currently serving in Abuja i know very well what am talking about.
goodluck
Re: Help With Nysc For Foriegn Graduate! by AISHAAISHA: 5:02pm On Jan 09, 2008
Hey,  its not that difficult,  yeah all u need do is go to the national HQ in Abj and u will be handed a form,  with space for 2 choices for the state u want to posted to,according to your preference,  thats it, 

for your place of primary assignment,let the company write a letter requesting for u,  i guess anyother thing can be handled from there,  goodluck
Re: Help With Nysc For Foriegn Graduate! by hillary22: 2:15am On Jan 11, 2008
hi.i saw ur mail concerning ur undeal.I can help u out if u are Interested.U can call mo on 08056501076.hillary
Re: Help With Nysc For Foriegn Graduate! by cuju: 8:15am On Jan 11, 2008
You definitely need someone with authentic link in Abuja that will make sure u get posted to where you want. I thought my arrangement was tight until i found myself in Kebbi state instead of lagos. Though i redeployed after camp, it wasnt an experience i would want my enemy to go through. There were many fake "links" and I even paid one of them 40,000 naira and nothing happened, in the end only 10,000 paid after the deal clicked, did the trick. So beware of anyone that asks for money. the authentic ones take little or nothing from you.
Re: Help With Nysc For Foriegn Graduate! by kumssy: 10:39am On Jan 11, 2008
Cuju,

Nice one there, i think i better adhere to ur info because myself am due for March, 2008.

And for the othere's in my shoe pls be wake up.

Note: Get to the bridge before u cross, then u know the best way to cross.

Rgds.
Re: Help With Nysc For Foriegn Graduate! by ell77(f): 12:57pm On Jan 11, 2008
This is really useful information guys, does anyone know how to approach an organisation to take you on as a corper before you register? Rather than after camp?

Also are you saying you could for instance go to camp in abuja and then get posted to Lagos for you PPA?
Re: Help With Nysc For Foriegn Graduate! by strahan: 4:40pm On Jan 15, 2008
Hey

When is the first batch in 2008? Is it February or March? Lets assume it is March, when do I have to be in Abuja to register as a foreign graduate? Is there a deadline?
I also have a job with a bank in Lagos and was hoping to serve there. Please let me know

Thanks

Michael Strahan
Re: Help With Nysc For Foriegn Graduate! by ell77(f): 5:11pm On Jan 15, 2008
@strahan - the deadline for foreign graduates (Nigerian origin) to register is the 28th of February, you have to go to Abuja to do it with the required documents.

http://www.nysc.gov.ng/index.php
Re: Help With Nysc For Foriegn Graduate! by kolombia: 2:44pm On Jan 16, 2008
i can do it 4 u but it is all about d benjamins
Re: Help With Nysc For Foriegn Graduate! by Drella(m): 10:19pm On Oct 20, 2021
HRhotness:
Hi,

I've been reading old threads on NYSC for foreign trained graduate and the requirements, I find the information helpful and I'm quite grateful. however, i still have a few other questions. i have gathered that it is possible for me to pick where i get posted to, but i visited the NYSC website and it clearly states that like home trained graduates, we have no choice in where we serve. I would like information on how i go about seeing that i get my chosen posting.

Also i recently got a job offer and i read some where that it was possible to arrange it so that the firm i am to work with will be listed as my place of assignment. anybody with more information on how this can be arranged?

and finally, how soon do i start making arrangements as i intend to begin the service year with sept 2008 batch.
unfortunately, everyone back home is as clueless as i am so any additional information is very welcome.

thanx

Bleep

If I should graduate abroad and come back for NYSC make I bend!
So I will be teaching in one public primary school will leaking roofs,filled with sturborness possessed kids.

A whole graduate of Oxford university!!
Ori queen elizabeth oni gba fun yin!!

(1) (Reply)

Total Is Calling / Kpmg vacancies / Jobconnect Forum: Eraproserve, Cil, Etc Organises 'employerbility' Seminar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.