Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Why A Palace Coup Is Imminent In Blogosphere World - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why A Palace Coup Is Imminent In Blogosphere World (511 Views)

Imminent Things That Are About To Happen To Naira And That are Happening / The Imminent Collapse Worldwide Of Banks And The Economy Will Split Nigeria. / Imminent Collapse Of E-gold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why A Palace Coup Is Imminent In Blogosphere World by PET2776: 1:10am On Sep 09, 2012
You wonder what the coup is all about. Some might even say to themselves, is blogosphere a country, which continent is it located? Answer to your question shall be answered. You might even be wondering who is to be dethroned. It is no other person that GENERAL CONTENT.

We always hear it. Bloggers both bigger boys and the “not too big”. They all believe this lies. Some know the truth and they followed in Bandwagoning. The saying that “content is king”. I berg to disagree with this assertion that audience are the kings and every bucks ends on their tables.

Many of the bigger boys have written articles to prove it, that comment is king such article includes: I came across most of these articles in Danny’s Book “Engagement from the Scratch”. We have many contributors to the article such as Danny Brown, Brian Clark, C.C Chairman among others who all agreed in one way or the other that content is king.

The question might be asked if you are running a company or you are a customer in a particular company and the organization always failed to meet your needs or they do not recognize your importance would you continue to be a customer to such company. I believe you will find somewhere else where you are well recognized as a V.I.P. If you disagree with this, let me know your own view in the comment box.

In this blog, I will be relating the views of Anita Campbell. In the opening she said.

“Online communities revolved around shared interest; know who your audience is, and what they want”

As many organizations cannot say precisely how many customers they have. Such organizations treats customers as bill payer and they do not bother themselves if someone has been buying from them and such member suddenly disappear. As a blogger, there is absolutely nothing that should stop you from sending a mail to a member of community that suddenly disappeared from your comment box.

Bloggers must have a target audience. You must have a clear picture of who you want to be part of your blog community. If I am writing on a health related issue then my audience will be very much different than someone writing on insurance or E-business.

In the word of Campbell, she posited that you must eve know the demography of your audience. This includes their age, gender, location, educational level, occupation, the relationship they have with your business, their industry among others. On my second website, my focus is on Customer Relation Hangout. On that note, Campbell posited that in order to make audience stick to your blog, you must know what drive them to your community.

Another point of note made by Anita is that you must know that it is not about you alone. The drive to make six figures has made many bloggers to loose focus. Almost every blogger are running after six figures, this has made them to take their audience for granted. In many blogs, most especially the so called “bigger boys”. If is all about how I made… This is not fair enough; it is a product – centric agenda, not too good for a blogger that wants to move far in blogosphere.

Anita wrapped it up by saying.

“You may create a highly successful online discussion board centered 100% on your products… Just don’t kid yourself. It may be successful as a technical support forum – nut it won’t be a community”.

In a nutshell; Audience are very important if you really want to succeed the over competitive blogosphere. What is the essence of a good content without an audience to read it? There is nothing more depressive than this. Thanks for your time. Do have a wonderful day.

“People will not listen to you unless, they know that you care”. Read more unique article on my blog @ http://perfectearningtips.com

Follow me on facebook@Perfectearningtips and on twitter@Igbalayeolayemi

(1) (Reply)

Buyers And Sellers Beware / Whats The Mathematics Of Making Money / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.