Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,263 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Na Big Boy Thing - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Na Big Boy Thing (946 Views)

"Nwa Aba Na City" (a Pidgin Story) / Conji Na Bastard / A Letter To Prof Chinua Achebe. ( Abeg Make Una Read Am Na ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Na Big Boy Thing by DOCTRE(m): 9:51am On Sep 09, 2012
It was a Monday morning, so I was up from bed very early as today happens to be one my most busy days on campus and couldn’t afford to get late for CHM 203 8: 00 Clock class not even when the lecturer in-charge is Dr. Bisi Adelamu the worst sadist I’ve ever met in my learning process. I had my bath quickly got dressed and skipped my breakfast so I was on the road as early as 7:10 am although it would only take fifteen minute drive to get to my school from my place. Oh! Not this time I shouted as I was made to dash quickly to my left hand side of the narrow untarred road of my street only to find myself on the marshy part of the road. Of course it is rainy season but I wouldn’t have fallen victim if not for the reckless driver who almost knocked me down.

Out of annoyance I yelled at him in pigeon English “Oooga you no dey see road abi you blind ni? I no even sure sey you get drivers license self”. He replied in a polite low tone which matters less to me saying “Bros Abeg no vex I no plan to enta the kornar with dat kain speed”.

Gush! “Na wa oo” I said and sighed repeatedly but didn’t change a thing as my suede shoe had been rendered useless for the rest of the day so u had to run home quickly to change my pair of black suede shoe to my brown Clarks which affected my colour combo so I had to settle for another outfit entirely which complemented themselves.
It took me about eight minutes before I could get a cab to school as I ignored the regular small coaster buses and the luxurious ones too going to campus. Because of my quite unusual lateness today, I did not have enough time to take a glimpse at the passengers in the on-coming cab to know whether or not I would pretend as if I was not ready to go yet. Unfortunately for me I entered the cab with Ibukun a girl I have always have an eye for since my hundred level days along side with one of her friends that I’m not too familiar with.

“E don be for you today” I said to myself, I though in my mind “I go fall my hands now if I no pay for dis chicks o”. I quickly paid for three before they do so as to gain my rep.
Thank God Dr. Bisi came late to class room today. I walked quickly to my usual spot at the back row to get settled before his arrival. The lecture was on and did not take a long time before Dr. Bisi noticed me. “Hey there! That welder man stand up he said.” I looked around suspiciously and asked him you mean me sir? No myself he replied in a harsh voice. Oh no wonder he called me welder I was actually having my dark coloured Cara sun glass on, one of my favourites collection. Come over here he said looking at me more precisely this time.

Ah! “Na wa o E don red for me again dis tyme” I was now thinking within me “ how on earth could this man have noticed that my mind was not in this class”. I was too silly to get so engulfed in my “B.B.M” chats and “2go” at the same time. I ignored the path in my left hand side and went through the row at my right, though it was a bit far to the front that way but I couldn’t help not passing through Cynthia’s row as I would love the “big girl” to perceive the sweet fragrance of my Mascolino perfume.

Finally, I got all the attention I truly needed to display my expensive collections and good sense of fashion but in a rather an unappealing way to me. “Write out the equation of the first order of chemical reaction” he said handling over the chalk to me “I don F up “ I thought within me knowing fully well that I’ve not been concentrating. Oh thank God here comes a saving grace Dr. Bisi’s phone actually rang so he went out to receive his call. I quickly collected the book of one of the “Efy iwes” in the front sit and began to write out the equation as quick as possible only to hear the class laughing behind me but I did not bother since it is not unusual for students to laugh at almost every act.

“What is this” he asked staring at the chalk board. It was quite unfortunate that I had written second order instead of the first. “Are you out of your mind” he asked me have I even taught you this at all.

It was as if the ground should just open and swallow me up, the sweat dripping from my forehead was enough to fill an empty 3 liter jug.
The phone rings again “oh thank you lord” I said inside me “at least this would be another saving grace for me to even catch my breath”. I was too confused and frustrated to even notice that the sound of the ring tone was coming out from my pocket. I needed no further hint to this as the looks on his face already portrays anger and disgust. Immediately I discovered it was my phone I knew I had yet broken another code of conduct, the annoying part of it all was the music saved as my ring tone which was “Dadubule” by the popular Nigerian artist Skaley.

Get out of my class! He shouted at me “uuuunserious” element. I shivered and my glass which was on the button next my collar button fell off. I couldn’t wait behind to save my expensive Cara glass for all I could pray to save now was my matric number. So I prayed he did not already request for that from my class rep.

On getting out side I ran into Ibukun who was late for her lectures and couldn’t gain entrance in. I walked up to her quickly using the opportunity to ask her out for a date which she had always turned down before now, I was fortunate she finally accepted my offer in an appealing gesture signifying that today might be my lucky day. “Thank God” I thought aloud this time at least you’ve made my day. I almost found it difficult finishing ♍γ̲̣̣̥ last statement (day) before a toyota camry car zoomed in and splash the muldy water very close to me on ♍γ̲̣̣̥ shoes and trouses. "What nonsen....." I shouted but he was quick to appologies along side with Ibukun it was only then I realized he actualy came arround to take Ibukun out on a date. "Oh gush what a bad day" I thought aloud. please bear with ♍γ̲̣̣̥. Mechanical accuracy.

Thank you all
Re: Na Big Boy Thing by Cuddlemii: 1:40pm On Sep 11, 2012
@op, please can you reorganize your post, its uneasy to read. Thanks!

Is this a poem or fiction?
Re: Na Big Boy Thing by Emyo(m): 2:36pm On Sep 11, 2012
I love ur courage of puting that up there. U crative. U ve got the modus for a thriller....but, i think u were'nt on ezi awu while writing this, u were on mtn fire-sit.
Re: Na Big Boy Thing by DOCTRE(m): 12:07am On Sep 12, 2012
Cuddlemii: @op, please can you reorganize your post, its uneasy to read. Thanks!

Is this a poem or fiction?
okay thanks alot I will re arrange them now sorry I used my phone earlier
Re: Na Big Boy Thing by DOCTRE(m): 12:42am On Sep 12, 2012
Emyo: I love ur courage of puting that up there. U crative. U ve got the modus for a thriller....but, i think u were'nt on ezi awu while writing this, u were on mtn fire-sit.
lol thanks man.
you can read my post aswell on "Nigeria the state of inequality in law and justice" then contribute tanx alot
Re: Na Big Boy Thing by DOCTRE(m): 4:47pm On Jun 28, 2016
Big boy thing

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Your Presence Command Respect... / Never Write Anyone Off. / My New Book Will Draw Blood -wole Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.