Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,399 members, 7,822,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Iranian Pastor Freed From Apostasy Death Sentence - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Iranian Pastor Freed From Apostasy Death Sentence (1318 Views)

Supreme Court Upholds Rev King's Death Sentence / Abducted Winners’ Chapel Pastor Freed / Mauritania Issues First Apostasy Death Sentence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iranian Pastor Freed From Apostasy Death Sentence by nakash: 11:38am On Sep 09, 2012
And has now rejoined the family. A little background. He left islam at 19 years and later became a pastor. He was arrested 3 years ago and charged with apostasy. He was offered 3 chances to recant but he refused. He was sentenced to death. International outrage saved him ( or is it his God). In NL you find muslims denying the hadiths that say kill anyone who leaves that deen. Muslims keep shooting themselves in the foot.
Re: Iranian Pastor Freed From Apostasy Death Sentence by EvilBrain1(m): 1:28pm On Sep 09, 2012
Muslims generally don't deny that other Muslims kill people for leaving their religion since is something that happens so often in.so many countries.

What some people deny is that the Koran actually commands Muslims to kill apostates. The problem is thatch Koran and hadiths contradict themselves on this and many other issues. There are passages that talk about killing captives who refuse to become Muslims, and there is another that says there is no compulsion in Islam.

Muslims tend to solve this problem by accepting the passages they like and ignoring the others. So the more intolerant, fundamentalist types happily shout for blood whenever an apostate is caught. And the more tolerant Muslims get to pretend that their their religion is civilized and that those people killing in the name of Allah aren't "real Muslims".

1 Like

Re: Iranian Pastor Freed From Apostasy Death Sentence by LagosShia: 9:28am On Sep 10, 2012
Evil Brain: Muslims generally don't deny that other Muslims kill people for leaving their religion since is something that happens so often in.so many countries.

What some people deny is that the Koran actually commands Muslims to kill apostates. The problem is thatch Koran and hadiths contradict themselves on this and many other issues. There are passages that talk about killing captives who refuse to become Muslims, and there is another that says there is no compulsion in Islam.

Please bring the passage of the Quran that says captives who refuse to become muslim should be killed.

This is for the second time I am reading you putting words into Islamic scripture.

Muslims tend to solve this problem by accepting the passages they like and ignoring the others. So the more intolerant, fundamentalist types happily shout for blood whenever an apostate is caught. And the more tolerant Muslims get to pretend that their their religion is civilized and that those people killing in the name of Allah aren't "real Muslims".

You should bring those passages.and if you don't ,then you'd be called worse than a liar.
Re: Iranian Pastor Freed From Apostasy Death Sentence by MacDaddy01: 10:03am On Sep 10, 2012
LagosShia:

Please bring the passage of the Quran that says captives who refuse to become muslim should be killed.

This is for the second time I am reading you putting words into Islamic scripture.

You should bring those passages.and if you don't ,then you'd be called worse than a liar.

Denial is a common thing among many muslim apologetics

"Show us the straight path, The path of those whom Thou hast favoured; Not the (path) of those who earn Thine anger nor of those who go astray."
Muslims generally interpret "those whom Allah has favored," "those who earn Allah's anger," and "those who go astray" as Muslims, Jews, and Christians, respectively. 1:6-7

Don't bother warning the disbelievers. Allah has made it impossible for them to believe so that he can torture them forever after they die. 2:6-7

Allah has sickened the hearts of disbelievers and increased their disease. He is a spiritual anti-doctor. 2:10

Allah has blinded the disbelievers. "Allah taketh away their light and leaveth them in darkness, where they cannot see, Deaf, dumb and blind." 2:17-18

If you try to compose a surah that is better than those in the Quran, and then fail, Allah will burn you forever if you in the fire that he has prepared for disbelievers, whose fuel is men and stones. 2:24 <

They who disbelieve, and deny Our revelations, such are rightful Peoples of the Fire. They will abide therein." 2:39

Allah stamped wretchedness upon the Jews because they killed the prophets and disbelieved Allah's revelations. 2:61

Allah turned Sabbath-breaking Jews into apes to be despised and hated. All modern Jews are descendants of apes (or all modern apes are descendants of Sabbath-breaking Jews). 2:65-66

Christians and Jews (who believe in only part of the Scripture), will suffer in this life and go to hell in the next. 2:85

"Allah has cursed them for their unbelief."
Because I disbelieve in his bullshit, Allah has cursed me, along with nearly six billion other non-Muslims. 2:88
The curse of Allah is on disbelievers. 2:89

"They have incurred anger upon anger. For disbelievers is a shameful doom." 90

Jews are the greediest of all humankind. They'd like to live 1000 years. But even that "would by no means remove the doom." 2:96

Allah is an enemy to the disbelievers. 2:98

Allah has revealed "clear tokens." Only evil people are disbelievers. 2:99

"For disbelievers is a painful doom." 2:104

Don't question anything Muhammed says or choose disbelief over faith. 2:108

The Jews and Christians know damn well that the Muslims are right, so they try to make Muslims disbelievers because they envy the truth that they know the Muslims have. 2:109

"But those who keep their duty to Allah will be above them [non-muslims] on the Day of Resurrection." 2:212

Allah will make disbelievers' lives miserable in this world and torture them forever after they die. 2:114

"And thou wilt not be asked about the owners of hell-fire." (They are the non-muslims.) 2:119
Re: Iranian Pastor Freed From Apostasy Death Sentence by LagosShia: 10:13am On Sep 10, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Denial is a common thing among many muslim apologetics

"Show us the straight path, The path of those whom Thou hast favoured; Not the (path) of those who earn Thine anger nor of those who go astray."
Muslims generally interpret "those whom Allah has favored," "those who earn Allah's anger," and "those who go astray" as Muslims, Jews, and Christians, respectively. 1:6-7

Don't bother warning the disbelievers. Allah has made it impossible for them to believe so that he can torture them forever after they die. 2:6-7

Allah has sickened the hearts of disbelievers and increased their disease. He is a spiritual anti-doctor. 2:10

Allah has blinded the disbelievers. "Allah taketh away their light and leaveth them in darkness, where they cannot see, Deaf, dumb and blind." 2:17-18

If you try to compose a surah that is better than those in the Quran, and then fail, Allah will burn you forever if you in the fire that he has prepared for disbelievers, whose fuel is men and stones. 2:24 <

They who disbelieve, and deny Our revelations, such are rightful Peoples of the Fire. They will abide therein." 2:39

Allah stamped wretchedness upon the Jews because they killed the prophets and disbelieved Allah's revelations. 2:61

Allah turned Sabbath-breaking Jews into apes to be despised and hated. All modern Jews are descendants of apes (or all modern apes are descendants of Sabbath-breaking Jews). 2:65-66

Christians and Jews (who believe in only part of the Scripture), will suffer in this life and go to hell in the next. 2:85

"Allah has cursed them for their unbelief."
Because I disbelieve in his bullshit, Allah has cursed me, along with nearly six billion other non-Muslims. 2:88
The curse of Allah is on disbelievers. 2:89

"They have incurred anger upon anger. For disbelievers is a shameful doom." 90

Jews are the greediest of all humankind. They'd like to live 1000 years. But even that "would by no means remove the doom." 2:96

Allah is an enemy to the disbelievers. 2:98

Allah has revealed "clear tokens." Only evil people are disbelievers. 2:99

"For disbelievers is a painful doom." 2:104

Don't question anything Muhammed says or choose disbelief over faith. 2:108

The Jews and Christians know damn well that the Muslims are right, so they try to make Muslims disbelievers because they envy the truth that they know the Muslims have. 2:109

"But those who keep their duty to Allah will be above them [non-muslims] on the Day of Resurrection." 2:212

Allah will make disbelievers' lives miserable in this world and torture them forever after they die. 2:114

"And thou wilt not be asked about the owners of hell-fire." (They are the non-muslims.) 2:119

I wasn't asking for what is the judgement of God.
Re: Iranian Pastor Freed From Apostasy Death Sentence by MacDaddy01: 10:13am On Sep 10, 2012
LagosShia:

I wasn't asking for what is the judgement of God.

lol so you know that your Allah's judgement is nonsense
Re: Iranian Pastor Freed From Apostasy Death Sentence by LagosShia: 10:14am On Sep 10, 2012
regarding those muslim countries you are talking about,there are laws which must be respected.in those countries,no one would come into your house and ask you how many times you have prayed a day if you dont want to pray 5 daily prayers as muslims do.so really faith is a personal choice in the heart.the problem comes in when the choice of the heart becomes a political tool.the issue about conversions in muslim countries or even the world over isnt about personal freedom.it is about politics and the society.many christians want to proselytize in muslim countries not to "save" people but to politicize the issue and win converts into christianity and then use that to cast doubt in the mind of the people and use that politically.in muslim countries that is not allowed.also,when you have a regime that takes its legitimacy from being an "islamic regime",you cant expect it being undermined or rather conversions being used to create confusion in mind of people to instigate doubt.if people convert for the reason of "saving" themselves,then why do christians politicize it in muslim countries"

in the west for instance,christianity is not what gives the regimes legitimacy to a large extent.so people can afford to not only change faith and believe what they believe in their hearts,but also publicize it.but if in the west or in nigeria or anywhere anyone talk about regime change or threaten to change the regime,that is a treasonable offence.imagine someone in america threatening to install a communist system.as a matter of fact being a communist in america was once a punishable crime.

the below is what i have being saying on the issue of apostacy and Islam:

when talking about punishment for apostacy in islam,the death penalty is not prescribed as punishment in the Quran.there is no killing for apostacy.this issue is controversial even in islamic circles.that is my personal take on the issue.i believe capital punishment for apostacy is a judeo-christian tradition found in the bible where "everyone should be stoned" literally.however,if a law exists somewhere,then it must be respected.we know how you must behave as a roman when in rome.it is part of iranian law that proselythization is a criminal act.then dont go there doing it.that also does not mean that iran does not respect or protect its minorities among them christians who have being there for about 2000 years.

this is the take of the Quran:

Holy Quran 2:256
"Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from error: whoever rejects Taghut and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things."

Holy Quran 4:137
"Those who believe, then disbelieve, then believe again, then disbelieve, and then increase in their disbelief - Allah will never forgive them nor guide them to the path."

if (4:137),if a person is to be killed for apostacy,then how can he believe again after he disbelieves?

another point i would like to add is the politicization of converts and conversions.nobody whether in Iran would come to ask if you are muslim or christian.if you believe in christianity then do that for the sake of God if you believe that pleases God.publicizing it is aimed at making political statements and creating unnecessary attention apart from simply being interested in worshipping the god you have at heart.also,i personally believe when you live somewhere you must be law abiding.

Please also refer to this post for a good explanation:

tbaba1234:

Thanks for the question;

The first thing to say is that in islam, there is no compulsion in religion, The Quran(translated) states:

Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things. (Quran 2:256)

However in an[i] Islamic state[/i], there are certain conditions where conversion is accompanied with acts that could be considered treasonable by the state. The punishment for treason is death.

The act of just conversion is not punishable in most cases, however if that conversion is accompanied by an attempt to discredit Islam or propagate another religion within the islamic state, It is considered treasonable.

The apostacy law came about during the time of the prophet;

In order to discredit Islam, some Jews in medina would accept islam in the day and leave by sunset; They continued to do so until the law was put in place.

Guess how many people did so the next day? None,
Re: Iranian Pastor Freed From Apostasy Death Sentence by LagosShia: 10:16am On Sep 10, 2012
Now let us see what the bible says:

Psalm 137:-9:
"O Daughter of Babylon, doomed to destruction,happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us— he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks".

Revelation 2:22-23:
"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works."

Hosea 13:16
"Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up."

2 Peter 2:12
"These false teachers are like unthinking animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed. They scoff at things they do not understand, and like animals, they will be destroyed."

Psalms 139:19-22:
"Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: Depart from me therefore, ye bloodthirsty men. For they speak against thee wickedly, And thine enemies take (thy name) in vain. Do not I hate them, O Jehovah, that hate thee? And am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: They are become mine enemies."

Deuteronomy 17:2-5
If there be found among you , that , hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them , Then shalt thou , stone them with stones, till they die.
Re: Iranian Pastor Freed From Apostasy Death Sentence by MacDaddy01: 10:26am On Sep 10, 2012
LagosShia: regarding those muslim countries you are talking about,there are laws which must be respected.in those countries,no one would come into your house and ask you how many times you have prayed a day if you dont want to pray 5 daily prayers as muslims do.so really faith is a personal choice in the heart.the problem comes in when the choice of the heart becomes a political tool.the issue about conversions in muslim countries or even the world over isnt about personal freedom.it is about politics and the society.many christians want to proselytize in muslim countries not to "save" people but to politicize the issue and win converts into christianity and then use that to cast doubt in the mind of the people and use that politically.in muslim countries that is not allowed.also,when you have a regime that takes its legitimacy from being an "islamic regime",you cant expect it being undermined or rather conversions being used to create confusion in mind of people to instigate doubt.if people convert for the reason of "saving" themselves,then why do christians politicize it in muslim countries"

in the west for instance,christianity is not what gives the regimes legitimacy to a large extent.so people can afford to not only change faith and believe what they believe in their hearts,but also publicize it.but if in the west or in nigeria or anywhere anyone talk about regime change or threaten to change the regime,that is a treasonable offence.imagine someone in america threatening to install a communist system.as a matter of fact being a communist in america was once a punishable crime.

the below is what i have being saying on the issue of apostacy and Islam:

when talking about punishment for apostacy in islam,the death penalty is not prescribed as punishment in the Quran.there is no killing for apostacy.this issue is controversial even in islamic circles.that is my personal take on the issue.i believe capital punishment for apostacy is a judeo-christian tradition found in the bible where "everyone should be stoned" literally.however,if a law exists somewhere,then it must be respected.we know how you must behave as a roman when in rome.it is part of iranian law that proselythization is a criminal act.then dont go there doing it.that also does not mean that iran does not respect or protect its minorities among them christians who have being there for about 2000 years.

this is the take of the Quran:

Holy Quran 2:256
"Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from error: whoever rejects Taghut and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things."

Holy Quran 4:137
"Those who believe, then disbelieve, then believe again, then disbelieve, and then increase in their disbelief - Allah will never forgive them nor guide them to the path."

if (4:137),if a person is to be killed for apostacy,then how can he believe again after he disbelieves?

another point i would like to add is the politicization of converts and conversions.nobody whether in Iran would come to ask if you are muslim or christian.if you believe in christianity then do that for the sake of God if you believe that pleases God.publicizing it is aimed at making political statements and creating unnecessary attention apart from simply being interested in worshipping the god you have at heart.also,i personally believe when you live somewhere you must be law abiding.

Please also refer to this post for a good explanation:

1) You have shown that the Quran is contradictory as there is a verse that says unbelievers should be killed and yet it says that there is no compulsion in religion.

2)Apostacy laws and blasphemy are wrong. I have every right to hold atheist conferences (just as christians have christian camps) as long as I am not forcing anyone to go. That is my human right and you are a wicked muslim to try and support such denail of human rights in Iran

3) Laws do not equal morality. Segregation was in the American law before people (Rosa Parks) broke it and protested. Dont be ignorant.
Re: Iranian Pastor Freed From Apostasy Death Sentence by LagosShia: 10:34am On Sep 10, 2012
MacDaddy01:
1) You have shown that the Quran is contradictory as there is a verse that says unbelievers should be killed and yet it says that there is no compulsion in religion.
Please show us the verse.

2)Apostacy laws and blasphemy are wrong. I have every right to hold atheist conferences (just as christians have christian camps) as long as I am not forcing anyone to go. That is my human right and you are a wicked muslim to try and support such denail of human rights in Iran

3) Laws do not equal morality. Segregation was in the American law before people (Rosa Parks) broke it and protested. Dont be ignorant.
You're entitle to your opinion.that is the beauty of Islam:"to you your way and to me my own way".
Re: Iranian Pastor Freed From Apostasy Death Sentence by MacDaddy01: 10:41am On Sep 10, 2012
LagosShia:
Please show us the verse.

You're entitle to your opinion.that is the beauty of Islam:"to you your way and to me my own way".

You are asking for the most quoted verse by non-muslims in the Quran? You really want to act like you dont know that the verse is there?

#lying for islam

9:5 Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful
Re: Iranian Pastor Freed From Apostasy Death Sentence by LagosShia: 11:13am On Sep 10, 2012
MacDaddy01:

You are asking for the most quoted verse by non-muslims in the Quran? You really want to act like you dont know that the verse is there?

#lying for islam

9:5 Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful

We are talking here about apostates and not unbelievers.please stop the attention seeking and trolling.

As for the verse you quoted out of context,please see the context and explanation for it below:

[size=18pt]Aren't there some verses of the Qur'an that condone "killing the infidel"? [/size]
By Huda, About.com Guide

Question: Aren't there some verses of the Qur'an that condone "killing the infidel"?
Answer: The Qur'an commands Muslims to stick up for themselves in a defensive battle -- i.e. if an enemy army attacks, then Muslims are to fight against that army until they stop their aggression. All of the verses that speak about fighting/war in the Qur'an are in this context.
There are some specific verses that are very often "snipped" out of context, either by critics of Islam discussing "jihadism," or by misguided Muslims themselves who wish to justify their aggressive tactics.

"Slay Them" - If They Attack You First
For example, one verse (in its snipped version) reads: "slay them wherever you catch them" (Qur'an 2:191). But who is this referring to? Who are "they" that this verse discusses? The preceding and following verses give the correct context:
"Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loves not transgressors. And slay them wherever you catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter, But if they cease, God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful, If they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression" (2:190-193).
It is clear from the context that these verses are discussing a defensive war, when a Muslim community is attacked without reason, oppressed and prevented from practicing their faith. In these circumstances, permission is given to fight back -- but even then Muslims are instructed not to transgress limits, and to cease fighting as soon as the attacker gives up. Even in these circumstances, Muslim are only to fight directly against those who are attacking them, not innocent bystanders or non-combatants.

"Fight the Pagans" - If They Break Treaties
A similar verse can be found in chapter 9, verse 5 -- which in its snipped, out of context version could read: "fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war)." Again, the preceding and following verses give the context.
This verse was revealed during a historical period when the small Muslim community had entered into treaties with neighboring tribes (Jewish, Christian, and pagan). Several of the pagan tribes had violated the terms of their treaty, secretly aiding an enemy attack against the Muslim community. The verse directly before this one instructs the Muslims to continue to honor treaties with anyone who has not since betrayed them, because fulfilling agreements is considered a righteous action. Then the verse continues, that those who have violated the terms of the treaty have declared war, so fight them, (as quoted above).

Directly after this permission to fight, the same verse continues, "but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them, for God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful." The subsequent verses instruct the Muslims to grant asylum to any member of the pagan tribe/army who asks for it, and again reminds that "as long as these stand true to you, stand ye true to them: for God loves the righteous."

Conclusion
Any verse that is quoted out of context misses the whole point of the message of the Qur'an. Nowhere in the Qur'an can be found support for indiscriminate slaughter, the killing of non-combatants, or murder of innocent persons in 'payback' for another people's alleged crimes.
The Islamic teachings on this subject can be summed up in the following verses (Qur'an 60:7-8 ) :
"It may be that God will grant love (and friendship) between you and those whom ye (now) hold as enemies. For God has power (over all things), and God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
God does not forbid you, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for God loves those who are just."

http://islam.about.com/od/terrorism/f/terrorism_verse.htm
Re: Iranian Pastor Freed From Apostasy Death Sentence by MacDaddy01: 11:31am On Sep 10, 2012
^^^

Do you think I am going to swallow that apologetic nonsense?

Kill them wherever ye find them- doesnt sound like a defensive battle.

Simple debunking of the "muslim self defense" theory
Re: Iranian Pastor Freed From Apostasy Death Sentence by proo212(m): 1:14pm On Sep 10, 2012
Wow and that is just chapter 2! Chapter 8 nko and 9?
Re: Iranian Pastor Freed From Apostasy Death Sentence by ParisLove: 8:43pm On Sep 10, 2012
Narrated Ikrima: Ali burnt some people and this news reached Ibn 'Abbas, who said, "Had I been in his place I would not have burnt them, as the Prophet said, 'Don't punish (anybody) with Allah's Punishment.' No doubt, I would have killed them, for the Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.' "
Sahih Bukhari 4:52:260
Re: Iranian Pastor Freed From Apostasy Death Sentence by LagosShia: 1:20am On Sep 11, 2012
Paris Love: Narrated Ikrima: Ali burnt some people and this news reached Ibn 'Abbas, who said, "Had I been in his place I would not have burnt them, as the Prophet said, 'Don't punish (anybody) with Allah's Punishment.' No doubt, I would have killed them, for the Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.' "
Sahih Bukhari 4:52:260

Those people deified Imam Ali (as) and were thus undermining the very basis of Islam and the state:tawheed.they were changing the religion and the religion doesn't belong to them.that in itself is false testimony inspite of the fact that Imam Ali (as) never claimed to be a "god".that also amount to treason because Imam Ali (as) was the caliph and the head of state and they were not only disobeying him but making and spreading false charges against him while he was yet alive.
Re: Iranian Pastor Freed From Apostasy Death Sentence by LagosShia: 1:27am On Sep 11, 2012
MacDaddy01: ^^^

Do you think I am going to swallow that apologetic nonsense?

Kill them wherever ye find them- doesnt sound like a defensive battle.

Simple debunking of the "muslim self defense" theory

You can now kiss my ....

Seriously I wasn't talking to you.I know you like seeking attention like an abandoned child.but honestly I'm not expecting to convince you.
Re: Iranian Pastor Freed From Apostasy Death Sentence by ParisLove: 2:38am On Sep 11, 2012
LagosShia:

Those people deified Imam Ali (as) and were thus undermining the very basis of Islam and the state:tawheed. they were changing the religion and the religion doesn't belong to them. that in itself is false testimony inspite of the fact that Imam Ali (as) never claimed to be a "god".that also amount to treason because Imam Ali (as) was the caliph and the head of state and they were not only disobeying him but making and spreading false charges against him while he was yet alive.

So they were killed for changing religion after Muhammad died. They were killed For apostacy. Apostacy is a treason for you guys ain't it?
Re: Iranian Pastor Freed From Apostasy Death Sentence by LagosShia: 4:32am On Sep 11, 2012
Paris Love:

So they were killed for changing religion after Muhammad died. They were killed For apostacy. Apostacy is a treason for you guys ain't it?

In english there is a difference between 'changing religion' and 'changing the religion'.

I have also earlier explained in this thread about apostacy in Islam and I'm not going to repeat myself.
Re: Iranian Pastor Freed From Apostasy Death Sentence by nakash: 4:47am On Sep 11, 2012
In this case the court determined that he was born to a muslim father and hence he was a muslim , never mind that throughout his life he never practiced islam. Lagosshia in another thread today you said Iran practices Islam correctly. We can now see what you support Death to apostates. believe me you will not convince anyone here about the mercies of Islam.
LagosShia:

In english there is a difference between 'changing religion' and 'changing the religion'.

I have also earlier explained in this thread about apostacy in Islam and I'm not going to repeat myself.
Actually when a child is born the shahada is whispered in his ears and that makes him/her a muslim for life. Try to leave it and you end up dead either lawfully or some fanatic muslim.
Re: Iranian Pastor Freed From Apostasy Death Sentence by ParisLove: 8:47am On Sep 11, 2012
LagosShia:

Lol, "changing the religion" like how? It's not like shi'as and sunnis are practicing the same thing so it has been changed. And it's still the same thing. If they are "changing the religion" it means they've already left or discarded the one Muhammad practiced so it's still apostacy. That's why they where killed. No wonder the sectarian violence cus each believes the other is wrong. angry
https://www.nairaland.com/961495/timeline-sectarian-terrorism-against-shia
Re: Iranian Pastor Freed From Apostasy Death Sentence by Sweetnecta: 12:45pm On Sep 11, 2012
@Paris love:
by Paris Love(m): 2:38am

LagosShia:

Those people deified Imam Ali (as) and were thus undermining the very basis of Islam and the state:tawheed. they were changing the religion and the religion doesn't belong to them. that in itself is false testimony inspite of the fact that Imam Ali (as) never claimed to be a "god".that also amount to treason because Imam Ali (as) was the caliph and the head of state and they were not only disobeying him but making and spreading false charges against him while he was yet alive.

What did Yahweh [Jesus still in heaven then, you christians claim] did when they built the golden calf? Yahweh killed them and those who were not killed were wasted in the wllderness within 40 years. 40 years is 2 generations, today. they were released by Yahweh from this deadly grip only when the new crops grew old enough without the evil doers of old.

Imam Ali [ra] was correct to act using the action of Moses, the man Yahweh spoke to "face to Face" according to you, even claiming that he saw Yahweh's back or neck. If Yahweh as Jesus in heaven killed those people through Moses, you will not expect a believer of the God of Jesus, Ellah/Allah to not kill those who are making him into "golden calf".

@Nakash:
by nakash: 4:47am
In this case the court determined that he was born to a muslim father and hence he was a muslim , never mind that throughout his life he never practiced islam. Lagosshia in another thread today you said Iran practices Islam correctly. We can now see what you support Death to apostates. believe me you will not convince anyone here about the mercies of Islam.
You could have said not practicing Islam on his own in his adult life, because he must have practiced it as a little baby, a child, still depending on parents. My children used to make ablution and prayers with me as children. Its natural for human to wanna prostrate. Apostasy that is not violent against Islam does not have violence against it. Allah gives allowance for people to leave and return to Islam, until the actions are deemed as joking, deceitful. The most liberal and up to date religion is Islam because surah Kafiruun says you have your way and i have mine; agreeing to disagree [live and i live].

LagosShia:

Actually when a child is born the shahada is whispered in his ears and that makes him/her a muslim for life. Try to leave it and you end up dead either lawfully or some fanatic muslim.
what makes a child a christian for life is the ere birth to the christian family. That is sad and very sad indeed. Muslims are brought into it by initiation of the Ahdan in the right ear and Iqamah in the left. I have not heard of shahadah as you said. You have poor and incorrect knowledge of Islam. If you claim born again or baptism is the entry into Christianity, then you cant fault Islam for Ahdan and Iqamah. More importantly, do you expect parents to leave children alone because even animals guide their young in the things that are instinctive to them.

It is ignorance that will make someone say leaving Islam will be met by death. In the USA, today, I know a family that a daughter now refuses to pray or cover at 19, while her sister who is 20 is opposite. I also know a family in Nigeria where a daughter living with parents has left Islam while her younger siblings are practicing it. Now choose which you are going to use as your excuse it is not a muslim country to support your wrong view of Islam. I am waiting, nakash.

@Paris love:
by Paris Love(m): 8:47am
Lol, "changing the religion" like how? It's not like shi'as and sunnis are practicing the same thing so it has been changed. And it's still the same thing. If they are "changing the religion" it means they've already left or discarded the one Muhammad practiced so it's still apostacy. That's why they where killed. No wonder the sectarian violence cus each believes the other is wrong. angry
Shia, Sunni and others read the very same Quran, in addition to having the same Lord God Allah the Almighty, same messengers and prophets from Adam to Muhammad [sa], same salah [subh, dhur, asr, magrib and isha, including witr and tahajjud [after midnight prayer]], fasting and all its principles and rulings, zakat and sadaqah, hajj and umrah, same legal marital process, birth, life and death and burial. What you have different are simple political understanding and interpretation and process. So tell me what is left of what Muhammad [sa] brought and who left it?

Let me ask you, which "christianity" is correct? Which church?
Re: Iranian Pastor Freed From Apostasy Death Sentence by EvilBrain1(m): 1:57pm On Sep 11, 2012
^^^ Both Christianity and Islam are involved in the immoral business of branding babies and small children with religion long before they are old enough to make their own choices. But Islam is worse because they threaten to kill those try to leave when they grow up. You can blow as much grammar as you like but the fact remains that apostasy is punishable by death in most Islamic nations and that the practice is supported by the vast majority of Islamic scholars. You claim that it is political is nonsense. Sharia laws are lifted straight from the Koran and Sunnah. If it wasn't written in your holy books, nobody would do it.

Apostasy that is not violent against Islam does not have violence against it.
That is a barefaced lie and you know it. Apostates are arrested and killed simply for expressing their opinions or admitting that they now belong another faith. I'm not aware of any violent apostates anywhere (except maybe those who converted to Islam and became terrorists). Please post links if you know of any.

Allah gives allowance for people to leave and return to Islam, until the actions are deemed as joking, deceitful. The most liberal and up to date religion is Islam because surah Kafiruun says you have your way and i have mine; agreeing to disagree [live and I live].
People are allowed to leave and return unless their are deemed to be deceitful or joking in which case, they get killed? Truly, Islam is the most liberal religion in the world /sarcasm "You can choose whichever religion you want, but we'll kill you if you don't choose Islam."

It is ignorance that will make someone say leaving Islam will be met by death. In the USA, today, I know a family that a daughter now refuses to pray or cover at 19, while her sister who is 20 is opposite. I also know a family in Nigeria where a daughter living with parents has left Islam while her younger siblings are practicing it. Now choose which you are going to use as your excuse it is not a muslim country to support your wrong view of Islam. I am waiting, nakash.
You've answered your own question. The US is not a muslim country therefore their law enforcement agents don't enforce sharia. Unless you are trying to commend the parents for not murdering their daughter for refusing to pray and cover up, I don't see your point.
Re: Iranian Pastor Freed From Apostasy Death Sentence by ParisLove: 2:22pm On Sep 11, 2012
Sweetnecta: What did Yahweh [Jesus still in heaven then, you christians claim] did when they built the golden calf? Yahweh killed them and those who were not killed were wasted in the wllderness within 40 years. 40 years is 2 generations, today. they were released by Yahweh from this deadly grip only when the new crops grew old enough without the evil doers of old.
Imam Ali [ra] was correct to act using the action of Moses, the man Yahweh spoke to "face to Face" according to you, even claiming that he saw Yahweh's back or neck. If Yahweh as Jesus in heaven killed those people through Moses, you willnot expect a believer of the God of Jesus, Ellah/Allah to not kill those who are making him into "golden calf".

Ad hominem and tu quoque
This is the most common fallacy used by Muslims . It is basically throwing away someone's argument because of some issue with the person or person's group. Usually, they switch the attack to Christianity or Judaism, comparing the Bible to the Qoran. Supposing all these were true does that justify the crime? So it would be better if face the topic @ hand than engaging in logical fallacy.

Sweetnecta: Shia, Sunni and others read the very same Quran, in addition to having the same Lord God Allah the Almighty, same messengers and prophets from Adam to Muhammad [sa], same salah [subh, dhur, asr, magrib and isha, including witr and tahajjud [after midnight prayer]], fasting and all its principles and rulings, zakat and sadaqah, hajj and umrah, same legal marital process, birth, life and death and burial. What you have different are simple political understanding and interpretation and process. So tell me what is left of what Muhammad [sa] brought and who left it?
So sunnis and shias are all brothers and sisters despite killing each other for being heretics.
Sunnis believe that Abu Bakr , the father of Muhammad's wife Aisha , was Muhammad's rightful successor and that the method of choosing or electing leaders ( Shura ) endorsed by the Quran is the consensus of the Ummah , (the Muslim community).

Shiites believe that Muhammad divinely ordained his cousin and son-in-law Ali (the father of his grandsons Hasan ibn Ali and Hussein ibn Ali ) in accordance with the command of God to be the next caliph making Ali and his direct descendants Muhammad's successors.

The Shia permit Nikah mut‘ah —fixed-term temporary marriage—which is not acceptable within the Sunni community and is believed a planned and agreed fornication.

Didn't Muhammad say only 1 out of 73 sects go to heaven and the rest to hell? What chances have you got?
Re: Iranian Pastor Freed From Apostasy Death Sentence by nakash: 2:45pm On Sep 11, 2012
So should apostates be killed or not?
Sweetnecta: @Paris love: What did Yahweh [Jesus still in heaven then, you christians claim] did when they built the golden calf? Yahweh killed them and those who were not killed were wasted in the wllderness within 40 years. 40 years is 2 generations, today. they were released by Yahweh from this deadly grip only when the new crops grew old enough without the evil doers of old.

Imam Ali [ra] was correct to act using the action of Moses, the man Yahweh spoke to "face to Face" according to you, even claiming that he saw Yahweh's back or neck. If Yahweh as Jesus in heaven killed those people through Moses, you will not expect a believer of the God of Jesus, Ellah/Allah to not kill those who are making him into "golden calf".

@Nakash: You could have said not practicing Islam on his own in his adult life, because he must have practiced it as a little baby, a child, still depending on parents. My children used to make ablution and prayers with me as children. Its natural for human to wanna prostrate. Apostasy that is not violent against Islam does not have violence against it. Allah gives allowance for people to leave and return to Islam, until the actions are deemed as joking, deceitful. The most liberal and up to date religion is Islam because surah Kafiruun says you have your way and i have mine; agreeing to disagree [live and i live].

what makes a child a christian for life is the ere birth to the christian family. That is sad and very sad indeed. Muslims are brought into it by initiation of the Ahdan in the right ear and Iqamah in the left. I have not heard of shahadah as you said. You have poor and incorrect knowledge of Islam. If you claim born again or baptism is the entry into Christianity, then you cant fault Islam for Ahdan and Iqamah. More importantly, do you expect parents to leave children alone because even animals guide their young in the things that are instinctive to them.

@Paris love: Shia, Sunni and others read the very same Quran, in addition to having the same Lord God Allah the Almighty, same messengers and prophets from Adam to Muhammad [sa], same salah [subh, dhur, asr, magrib and isha, including witr and tahajjud [after midnight prayer]], fasting and all its principles and rulings, zakat and sadaqah, hajj and umrah, same legal marital process, birth, life and death and burial. What you have different are simple political understanding and interpretation and process. So tell me what is left of what Muhammad [sa] brought and who left it?

Re: Iranian Pastor Freed From Apostasy Death Sentence by LagosShia: 3:14pm On Sep 11, 2012
Paris Love:

The foundation of Islam all muslims adhere to is tawheed.

The fundamentals of religion known as Usoolud-din of the Sunnis are the same ones the Shia subscribe to.

The disagreement is largely built on the furoo-ud-din (branches of religion) which is largely built on interpretation.

It is only in christianity you find hardly two sects or denomination sharing the same fundamentals if there is any.and each sect/denomination is so distinct it can be classified a religion on its own.take for instance catholics and jehovah's witnesses.very big differences.even on the only fundamental belief in christianity shared presently by almost all christians-which is the doctrine of crucifiction-christians still differ therein.was he crucificted on a cross or a stalk? E.t.c.

The hadith of 73 sects and only one being the saved one is not agreed upon as authentic.there are many factors God will judge man on.it is difficult to say God would simply send people to hell fire based on what they believed even though Islam is the chosen path of God Almighty.therefore we muslims do not sentence people to hell as christians and bible thumpers do threatening anyone who doesn't "accept" Jesus (as) as his "lord and saviour" with hell.so even if one be a criminal once you believe you're "saved"!and no matter how good you're once you disbelieve christians would play God and send you to hell fire.Islam is not like that because God is the Master of the Day of Judgement-"maliki yawmiddin"!
Re: Iranian Pastor Freed From Apostasy Death Sentence by MacDaddy01: 4:05pm On Sep 11, 2012
LagosShia:

The foundation of Islam all muslims adhere to is tawheed.

The fundamentals of religion known as Usoolud-din of the Sunnis are the same ones the Shia subscribe to.

The disagreement is largely built on the furoo-ud-din (branches of religion) which is largely built on interpretation.

It is only in christianity you find hardly two sects or denomination sharing the same fundamentals if there is any.and each sect/denomination is so distinct it can be classified a religion on its own.take for instance catholics and jehovah's witnesses.very big differences.even on the only fundamental belief in christianity shared presently by almost all christians-which is the doctrine of crucifiction-christians still differ therein.was he crucificted on a cross or a stalk? E.t.c.

The hadith of 73 sects and only one being the saved one is not agreed upon as authentic.there are many factors God will judge man on.it is difficult to say God would simply send people to hell fire based on what they believed even though Islam is the chosen path of God Almighty.therefore we muslims do not sentence people to hell as christians and bible thumpers do threatening anyone who doesn't "accept" Jesus (as) as his "lord and saviour" with hell.so even if one be a criminal once you believe you're "saved"!and no matter how good you're once you disbelieve christians would play God and send you to hell fire.Islam is not like that because God is the Master of the Day of Judgement-"maliki yawmiddin"!

Explain why Quranists are heretics and why Ahamdiya are persecuted?

Your religion is in a state of confusion. No one can speak for islam. Islam has no head and no tail. Ironically, we have clerics, imams and sheiks implementing their own different sharia.

We even have iranian sharia where a cleric can put death sentence on an apostate just for writing a book. The example here is Salman Rushdie.

Complain about the harsh mistreatment of minority religions in many islamic countries and you will hear an apologist like LagosShia say that there is no true "sharia" country. Then why not throw away sharia since no one can truly enforce it properly? angry angry angry angry
Re: Iranian Pastor Freed From Apostasy Death Sentence by ParisLove: 1:57am On Sep 12, 2012
LagosShia: The foundation of Islam all muslims adhere to is tawheed.
OK
LagosShia: It is only in christianity you find hardly two sects or denomination sharing the same fundamentals if there is any.and each sect/denomination is so distinct it can be classified a religion on its own.take for instance catholics and jehovah's witnesses.very big differences.
Yes there maybe be some differences. But they don't go blowing each other up for those differences. [/b]https://www.nairaland.com/961495/timeline-sectarian-terrorism-against-shia
LagosShia: even on the only fundamental belief in christianity shared presently by almost all christians-which is the doctrine of crucifiction-christians still differ therein.was he crucificted on a cross or a stalk? E.t.c.
[b] Just like you differ in who's the right successor of Muhammad. Really cross or stalk? Didn't know that was a subject for debate

LagosShia: The hadith of 73 sects and only one being the saved one is not agreed upon as authentic.there are many factors God will judge man on.
that's your own cup of tea. Just hope you're on the right sect. Else y'all will be herded to hell with the kafirs tongue
LagosShia: it is difficult to say God would simply send people to hell fire based on what they believed even though Islam is the chosenpath of God Almighty.therefore we muslims do not sentence people to hell as christians and bible thumpers do threatening anyone who doesn't"accept" Jesus (as) as his "lord and saviour" with hell.
Lol, where you on something when you typed that?

Surah5:80 Those Muslims who befriend unbelievers will
abide in hell.

Surah 3:10 Those who do not believe in
Muhammad are but fuel for the fire of Hell
(also 66:6, 2:24. 21:98).

Your prophet calls the Christians “ gone astray” and invokes on them the wrath of God (Q. 1:7) Muslims recite this verse every day as their prayer.

Muhammad said, may Allah destroy the Christians for calling Jesus son of God. (Q.9:30)

LagosShia: so even if one be a criminal once you believe you're "saved"!and no matter how good you're once you disbelieve christians would play God and send you to hell fire.Islam is not like that because God is the Master of the Day of Judgement-"maliki yawmiddin"!
Jesus made it clear that those
Who will inherit the Kingdom of God are those whose who do the will of God. So believing in him isn't just enough. You also have to obey his commandments of which being a criminal is not among. But contrast that to your prophet who promised Paradise to the Ummah, even if they had committed adultery, thievery, and drank wine.
I heard Abu Dharr narrating it from the Apostle (may peace be upon him) that he observed: Gabriel came to me and gave me the tidings:
Verily he who died amongst your Ummah without associating anything with Allah would enter Paradise. I (the narrator) said: Even if he committed adultery and theft. He (the HolyProphet) said: (Yes), even if he committed adultery and theft. Sahih muslim Book 1, Number 171
Re: Iranian Pastor Freed From Apostasy Death Sentence by LagosShia: 4:35pm On Sep 12, 2012
Paris Love: OK
Yes there maybe be some differences. But they don't go blowing each other up for those differences. [/b]https://www.nairaland.com/961495/timeline-sectarian-terrorism-against-shia
[b] Just like you differ in who's the right successor of Muhammad. Really cross or stalk? Didn't know that was a subject for debate

that's your own cup of tea. Just hope you're on the right sect. Else y'all will be herded to hell with the kafirs tongue
Lol, where you on something when you typed that?

Surah5:80 Those Muslims who befriend unbelievers will
abide in hell.

Surah 3:10 Those who do not believe in
Muhammad are but fuel for the fire of Hell
(also 66:6, 2:24. 21:98).

Your prophet calls the Christians “ gone astray” and invokes on them the wrath of God (Q. 1:7) Muslims recite this verse every day as their prayer.
The context of the above verses would be explained I'm my next post.

Muhammad said, may Allah destroy the Christians for calling Jesus son of God. (Q.9:30)

Holy Quran 9:30
The Jews say, "Ezra is the son of Allah "; and the Christians say, "The Messiah is the son of Allah ." That is their statement from their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved [before them]. May Allah destroy them; how are they deluded?

God (not men) will destroy those who deserve to be.

Now compare with this:

2 Peter 2:12
"These false teachers are like unthinking animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed. They scoff at things they do not understand, and like animals, they will be destroyed."

Jesus made it clear that those
Who will inherit the Kingdom of God are those whose who do the will of God. So believing in him isn't just enough. You also have to obey his commandments of which being a criminal is not among. But contrast that to your prophet who promised Paradise to the Ummah, even if they had committed adultery, thievery, and drank wine.
I heard Abu Dharr narrating it from the Apostle (may peace be upon him) that he observed: Gabriel came to me and gave me the tidings:
Verily he who died amongst your Ummah without associating anything with Allah would enter Paradise. I (the narrator) said: Even if he committed adultery and theft. He (the HolyProphet) said: (Yes), even if he committed adultery and theft. Sahih muslim Book 1, Number 171

In Islam,any sin can be forgiven by God except polytheism/idolatry.

That is the context of the aove hadith.it doesn't however mean Muslims who do bad would not be judged.it is not like christianity where you claim to be "saved" or "born again".in Islam no one is "saved" before God passes judgement.it is ironic you are making a statement about criminals entering paradise when that is the very basis of the christian faith and believing in Jesus' (as) alleged human sacrifice.
Re: Iranian Pastor Freed From Apostasy Death Sentence by LagosShia: 4:49pm On Sep 12, 2012
[size=18pt]Aren't there some verses of the Qur'an that condone "killing the infidel"? [/size]
By Huda, About.com Guide

Question: Aren't there some verses of the Qur'an that condone "killing the infidel"?
Answer: The Qur'an commands Muslims to stick up for themselves in a defensive battle -- i.e. if an enemy army attacks, then Muslims are to fight against that army until they stop their aggression. All of the verses that speak about fighting/war in the Qur'an are in this context.
There are some specific verses that are very often "snipped" out of context, either by critics of Islam discussing "jihadism," or by misguided Muslims themselves who wish to justify their aggressive tactics.

"Slay Them" - If They Attack You First
For example, one verse (in its snipped version) reads: "slay them wherever you catch them" (Qur'an 2:191). But who is this referring to? Who are "they" that this verse discusses? The preceding and following verses give the correct context:
"Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loves not transgressors. And slay them wherever you catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter, But if they cease, God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful, If they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression" (2:190-193).
It is clear from the context that these verses are discussing a defensive war, when a Muslim community is attacked without reason, oppressed and prevented from practicing their faith. In these circumstances, permission is given to fight back -- but even then Muslims are instructed not to transgress limits, and to cease fighting as soon as the attacker gives up. Even in these circumstances, Muslim are only to fight directly against those who are attacking them, not innocent bystanders or non-combatants.

"Fight the Pagans" - If They Break Treaties
A similar verse can be found in chapter 9, verse 5 -- which in its snipped, out of context version could read: "fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war)." Again, the preceding and following verses give the context.
This verse was revealed during a historical period when the small Muslim community had entered into treaties with neighboring tribes (Jewish, Christian, and pagan). Several of the pagan tribes had violated the terms of their treaty, secretly aiding an enemy attack against the Muslim community. The verse directly before this one instructs the Muslims to continue to honor treaties with anyone who has not since betrayed them, because fulfilling agreements is considered a righteous action. Then the verse continues, that those who have violated the terms of the treaty have declared war, so fight them, (as quoted above).

Directly after this permission to fight, the same verse continues, "but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them, for God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful." The subsequent verses instruct the Muslims to grant asylum to any member of the pagan tribe/army who asks for it, and again reminds that "as long as these stand true to you, stand ye true to them: for God loves the righteous."

Conclusion
Any verse that is quoted out of context misses the whole point of the message of the Qur'an. Nowhere in the Qur'an can be found support for indiscriminate slaughter, the killing of non-combatants, or murder of innocent persons in 'payback' for another people's alleged crimes.
The Islamic teachings on this subject can be summed up in the following verses (Qur'an 60:7-8 ) :
"It may be that God will grant love (and friendship) between you and those whom ye (now) hold as enemies. For God has power (over all things), and God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
God does not forbid you, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for God loves those who are just."

http://islam.about.com/od/terrorism/f/terrorism_verse.htm
Re: Iranian Pastor Freed From Apostasy Death Sentence by seyibrown(f): 1:06am On Sep 13, 2012

(1) (Reply)

Proof For Trinity?? / Are You Chasing Away Your Angel Of Blessing? / His Girlfriend Unconsciously Speaks In Tongues.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 198
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.