Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Why Do People Prefer To Give Their Building Project To Brick Layers? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Why Do People Prefer To Give Their Building Project To Brick Layers? (2962 Views)

STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / From Paper To Brick: Construction Of A Semi-detached Duplex / From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Prefer To Give Their Building Project To Brick Layers? by 100Whykay(m): 11:48pm On Sep 09, 2012
I do not seem to understand why many people consult bricklayers instead of building professionals these days. As a BUILDER, i have come to realise that our greatest competitors/rival in the construction field aint even the expatriates but the bricklayer next door. I do not understand where people get the notion that consulting a professional is expensive.. Isn't ignorance more expensive?
A bricklayer is craftsman who is only skilled in the act of bricklaying and may also repair all out of things made out of bricks but building projects are much more than just laying of bricks.
What surprises me is that, some elites now even consult these quacks as their Building contractor. I met a professor recently who consulted me after His supposedly experienced builder(A Bricklayer) had helped him squander his millions of naira on a structure that is a disaster(building collapse) waiting to happen.
So, i had like to know, why do people prefer to give their building projects/construction work to bricklayers instead of professionals?
Re: Why Do People Prefer To Give Their Building Project To Brick Layers? by werepeLeri: 7:23am On Sep 10, 2012
Because the damn builders rip you off big time.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Prefer To Give Their Building Project To Brick Layers? by propertyman2012: 9:43am On Sep 10, 2012
There are some professional builders that will not rip you off.
Re: Why Do People Prefer To Give Their Building Project To Brick Layers? by blank(f): 10:18am On Sep 10, 2012
Sometimes, those bricklayers will represent themselves as qualified personnel.

You won't know the difference until they mess you up (if they do).

(1) (Reply)

HURRY UP NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE FOR YOU TO POSITION YOURSELF FOR THE FUTURE / 5kva / 48v German INVERTER 4 Batteries For Sale / 1 Full Plot In Highbrow Millenium Estate Gbagada For Sale (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.