Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,620 members, 7,820,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Graduate In Statistics And Undergraduate, Lets Meet Here - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Graduate In Statistics And Undergraduate, Lets Meet Here (6179 Views)

Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA / Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) / When You Are The First Graduate In Your Village. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graduate In Statistics And Undergraduate, Lets Meet Here by tunnamaniah(m): 9:19pm On Sep 10, 2012
hi nl, lets meet here nd discuss sum issues. do u think ican can benefit me as a statistician and if yes pls advice me on how to start, currently a student of futa
Re: Graduate In Statistics And Undergraduate, Lets Meet Here by hok4u(f): 1:21pm On Sep 12, 2012
i think you can work anywhere,am also a graduate of statistics
tunnamaniah: hi nl, lets meet here nd discuss sum issues. Pls where can a graduate in statistics work
Re: Graduate In Statistics And Undergraduate, Lets Meet Here by tunnamaniah(m): 8:24pm On Sep 12, 2012
hok4u: i think you can work anywhere,am also a graduate of statistics
and where are you working?
Re: Graduate In Statistics And Undergraduate, Lets Meet Here by hok4u(f): 1:46pm On Sep 13, 2012
tunnamaniah: hi nl, lets meet here nd discuss sum issues. Pls where can a graduate in statistics work
am still serving my fatherland(a corper),posted to a logistics company in Lagos sate.
Re: Graduate In Statistics And Undergraduate, Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 14, 2012
I'm a graduate with statistical background and co-founder of Dataville Solutions (kindly google it)

SITE MAP
www.data-ville.com - Home
www.data-ville.com/about - About Us
www.data-ville.com/services - Services and Solutions
www.data-ville.com/training - Analytical Training
www.data-ville.com/support - Data Analysis Helpdesk
www.data-ville.com/sales - Software Store
www.data-ville.com/admin - Feedback
www.data-ville.com/interns - Nationwide Undergraduate Internship Scheme
www.data-ville.com/archive - Web projects
www.data-ville.com/jobs - Jobs Blog
www.data-ville.com/ads - Advert Board

We look forward to collaborating with you!!!
Re: Graduate In Statistics And Undergraduate, Lets Meet Here by hok4u(f): 3:52pm On Sep 16, 2012
Where is your office in Lagos
nedu213: I'm a graduate with statistical background and co-founder of Dataville Solutions (kindly google it)

SITE MAP
www.data-ville.com - Home
www.data-ville.com/about - About Us
www.data-ville.com/services - Services and Solutions
www.data-ville.com/training - Analytical Training
www.data-ville.com/support - Data Analysis Helpdesk
www.data-ville.com/sales - Software Store
www.data-ville.com/admin - Feedback
www.data-ville.com/interns - Nationwide Undergraduate Internship Scheme
www.data-ville.com/archive - Web projects
www.data-ville.com/jobs - Jobs Blog
www.data-ville.com/ads - Advert Board

We look forward to collaborating with you!!!
Re: Graduate In Statistics And Undergraduate, Lets Meet Here by darkgemini: 7:15pm On Sep 17, 2012
Hey,

I am a statistics graduate too. We can work in so many sectors;

Quantitative Analyst - Financial sector

Statistical/Predictive modelling - Financial sector, Retail sector, Telecommunication, hospitality.

Business Intelligence - Financial sector, Consulting

Data Analyst - Financial sector, Consulting, Retail, IT

Financial Analyst (You might need to sit some professional exams e.g. CFA, ICAN etc)

Business Analyst - Everywhere grin

There are also opportunities in the health industry for biostatisticians, and so on and so forth.

Good luck with your career path smiley
Re: Graduate In Statistics And Undergraduate, Lets Meet Here by tunnamaniah(m): 7:31am On Sep 18, 2012
darkgemini: Hey,

I am a statistics graduate too. We can work in so many sectors;

Quantitative Analyst - Financial sector

Statistical/Predictive modelling - Financial sector, Retail sector, Telecommunication, hospitality.

Business Intelligence - Financial sector, Consulting

Data Analyst - Financial sector, Consulting, Retail, IT

Financial Analyst (You might need to sit some professional exams e.g. CFA, ICAN etc)

Business Analyst - Everywhere grin

There are also opportunities in the health industry for biostatisticians, and so on and so forth.

Good luck with your career path smiley

and where do you work
Re: Graduate In Statistics And Undergraduate, Lets Meet Here by darkgemini: 7:53am On Sep 18, 2012
One of the sectors listed above. I won't be specific for personal reasons.
Re: Graduate In Statistics And Undergraduate, Lets Meet Here by AjanleKoko: 1:48pm On Sep 18, 2012
@OP,
E be like say na only you no sabi your discipline oh grin
The other respondents should join hands and flog you tongue
Re: Graduate In Statistics And Undergraduate, Lets Meet Here by tunnamaniah(m): 5:20pm On Sep 18, 2012
AjanleKoko: @OP,
E be like say na only you no sabi your discipline oh grin
The other respondents should join hands and flog you tongue
don't u know dat in d multiple of counsel there iz wisdom. Mine is IT
Re: Graduate In Statistics And Undergraduate, Lets Meet Here by tunnamaniah(m): 9:58am On Feb 20, 2013
seems lyk we only have few ststisticians on nairaland angry
Re: Graduate In Statistics And Undergraduate, Lets Meet Here by okenny2ky(m): 12:10pm On Feb 20, 2013
another Statistics graduate is here in da house, Ken graduated frm Fedpoly Ede. as per for the topic a statistian can find him/herself any wher cos of the nature of the course, so prof courses like ICAN, ANAN are alwz advisable to embark on
Re: Graduate In Statistics And Undergraduate, Lets Meet Here by ishmael(m): 5:52pm On Feb 21, 2013
okenny2ky: another Statistics graduate is here in da house, Ken graduated frm Fedpoly Ede. as per for the topic a statistian can find him/herself any wher cos of the nature of the course, so prof courses like ICAN, ANAN are alwz advisable to embark on
jobs are scarce in nigeria. Statisticians are not valued in nigeria also.
Re: Graduate In Statistics And Undergraduate, Lets Meet Here by tunnamaniah(m): 7:24pm On Feb 22, 2013
We all know that jobs are scarce in nigeria and that was why i created this thread, i want us to look into ways of making ourselves more marketable in the labour market, we should focus on the solution and not the problem, okenne as made mention of ICAN or ANAN WHICH IS A GOOD POINT
Re: Graduate In Statistics And Undergraduate, Lets Meet Here by ishmael(m): 7:54pm On Feb 22, 2013
tunnamaniah: We all know that jobs are scarce in nigeria and that was why i created this thread, i want us to look into ways of making ourselves more marketable in the labour market, we should focus on the solution and not the problem, okenne as made mention of ICAN or ANAN WHICH IS A GOOD POINT
then there is no point reading statistics in the first place. Go for accounting pls!
Re: Graduate In Statistics And Undergraduate, Lets Meet Here by okenny2ky(m): 7:10am On Feb 23, 2013
tunnamaniah: We all know that jobs are scarce in nigeria and that was why i created this thread, i want us to look into ways of making ourselves more marketable in the labour market, we should focus on the solution and not the problem, okenne as made mention of ICAN or ANAN WHICH IS A GOOD POINT
Yet no standard and well established organizatn can do wtout us.
Re: Graduate In Statistics And Undergraduate, Lets Meet Here by Funpeter: 2:45pm On Jun 16, 2013
We are needed in almost all field if not all, ever wonder why all most all courses borrow statistics in school? Dats show our relevance
Re: Graduate In Statistics And Undergraduate, Lets Meet Here by ishmael(m): 7:39pm On Jun 16, 2013
Funpeter: We are needed in almost all field if not all, ever wonder why all most all courses borrow statistics in school? Dats show our relevance
that's why they partially act as statisticians in their organisations. Admin personnels do statistical jobs in most organisations in Nigeria. The Statistician-General of Nigeria is a graduate of Economics; is it right? Can a graduate of statistics head an Economics body in Nigeria? Nigerians don't value statistics, and hence do not care about using professional statistician to collect, analyze, and manage data effectively and efficiently.
Re: Graduate In Statistics And Undergraduate, Lets Meet Here by Funpeter: 9:48am On Jun 17, 2013
ishmael: that's why they partially act as statisticians in their organisations. Admin personnels do statistical jobs in most organisations in Nigeria. The Statistician-General of Nigeria is a graduate of Economics; is it right? Can a graduate of statistics head an Economics body in Nigeria? Nigerians don't value statistics, and hence do not care about using professional statistician to collect, analyze, and manage data effectively and efficiently.

yeah dats true is so painful,
statistics is so wide nd intresting jst happy i studied it in the university. As for the Statistician - General am not surprise cos is a political post and hw will he peform? guess is all ready taking statistics courses.
Re: Graduate In Statistics And Undergraduate, Lets Meet Here by ishmael(m): 10:54am On Jun 17, 2013
Funpeter:

yeah dats true is so painful,
statistics is so wide nd intresting jst happy i studied it in the university. As for the Statistician - General am not surprise cos is a political post and hw will he peform? guess is all ready taking statistics courses.
i guess so too. He must be doing a pgd in stats now..
Re: Graduate In Statistics And Undergraduate, Lets Meet Here by Funpeter: 12:07pm On Jun 17, 2013
ishmael: i guess so too. He must be doing a pgd in stats now..

how real is the Nigeria Institute of Industria statistics (niis)? and apart from Nigeria Statistical Associations is there any other professional body of statistics?
Re: Graduate In Statistics And Undergraduate, Lets Meet Here by ishmael(m): 1:53pm On Jun 17, 2013
Funpeter:

how real is the Nigeria Institute of Industria statistics (niis)? and apart from Nigeria Statistical Associations is there any other professional body of statistics?
NIIS is somebody's idea, which is good cos we ve such institute in other countries. i don't think it is recognized yet. I think NSA is the only recognized statistical body in nigeria for now, and it is not as effective as we expect it to be. Statistics in nigeria has been relegated to nothing behind it.
Re: Graduate In Statistics And Undergraduate, Lets Meet Here by Funpeter: 2:36pm On Jun 17, 2013
ishmael: NIIS is somebody's idea, which is good cos we ve such institute in other countries. i don't think it is recognized yet. I think NSA is the only recognized statistical body in nigeria for now, and it is not as effective as we expect it to be. Statistics in nigeria has been relegated to nothing behind it.

guess The NSA is meant for those who have gone far is statistics also it seem the NSA is placing a bill for Statistics to be a profession in the national assembly. Dont knw when d bill is going to be passed
Re: Graduate In Statistics And Undergraduate, Lets Meet Here by ishmael(m): 3:16pm On Jun 17, 2013
Funpeter:

guess The NSA is meant for those who have gone far is statistics also it seem the NSA is placing a bill for Statistics to be a profession in the national assembly. Dont knw when d bill is going to be passed
Statistics is a profession anywhere in the world. I wonder why it is not seen as a profession here in nigeria? I can now see where the problem is coming from. No wonder a lot of people think or believe that statistics is just to compute mean, median, mode, variance and standard deviation. So what are u into now? Do u work as a statistician? As for me i work as a consultant. I'm a computational statistician/data analyst. I handling training on spss, minitab, stata, sas, etc. I also handle projects like questionnaire design and analysis for surveys and researches, and lot more like tutoring statistical methods to university and polytechnic students. That's the only way i work as a statistician. Try and sharpen ur stats skills, u will be surprised to see people consulting u. Regards.
Re: Graduate In Statistics And Undergraduate, Lets Meet Here by Funpeter: 3:24pm On Jun 17, 2013
ishmael: Statistics is a profession anywhere in the world. I wonder why it is not seen as a profession here in nigeria? I can now see where the problem is coming from. No wonder a lot of people think or believe that statistics is just to compute mean, median, mode, variance and standard deviation. So what are u into now? Do u work as a statistician? As for me i work as a consultant. I'm a computational statistician/data analyst. I handling training on spss, minitab, stata, sas, etc. I also handle projects like questionnaire design and analysis for surveys and researches, and lot more like tutoring statistical methods to university and polytechnic students. That's the only way i work as a statistician. Try and sharpen ur stats skills, u will be surprised to see people consulting u. Regards.
jst graduated still need more knowlege in it like using most of dese packages like sas, minitab and so on
Re: Graduate In Statistics And Undergraduate, Lets Meet Here by Funpeter: 3:27pm On Jun 17, 2013
ishmael: Statistics is a profession anywhere in the world. I wonder why it is not seen as a profession here in nigeria? I can now see where the problem is coming from. No wonder a lot of people think or believe that statistics is just to compute mean, median, mode, variance and standard deviation. So what are u into now? Do u work as a statistician? As for me i work as a consultant. I'm a computational statistician/data analyst. I handling training on spss, minitab, stata, sas, etc. I also handle projects like questionnaire design and analysis for surveys and researches, and lot more like tutoring statistical methods to university and polytechnic students. That's the only way i work as a statistician. Try and sharpen ur stats skills, u will be surprised to see people consulting u. Regards.
jst graduated still need more knowlege in it like using most of dese packages like sas, minitab and so on could even link up with u doing my service year but the probs is north is nt safe guess u are in kaduna
Re: Graduate In Statistics And Undergraduate, Lets Meet Here by ishmael(m): 6:49pm On Jun 17, 2013
Funpeter:
jst graduated still need more knowlege in it like using most of dese packages like sas, minitab and so on could even link up with u doing my service year but the probs is north is nt safe guess u are in kaduna
yes, i' shuttle btw kaduna and abuja. I'm presently in abuja. If u find urself in abuja, good, we could arrange to meet. Any how sha, we shall hook up.
Re: Graduate In Statistics And Undergraduate, Lets Meet Here by ishmael(m): 12:19pm On Aug 13, 2013
Are u good in conducting research? Can u work with a team of researchers? I want us to carry out a good research study to find out if there is a significant difference btw poly HND graduates and uni Bsc/BA graduates. We don't need to be assuming all the time like most nigerians do, that the university graduates are better than the polytechnic graduates. We want to gather facts and test emperically to see the outcome. I need guys that can collaborate with me in doing this, and we shall post the findings and results here on nairaland. Pls indicate interest if u want to take part and i will tell u the role to play. N.B. It's just a social research work and not a research project work for the award of a degree or diploma.
Re: Graduate In Statistics And Undergraduate, Lets Meet Here by ishmael(m): 9:44pm On Sep 01, 2013
Where are you guys?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kano To Build Secondary School Hostels In Niger Republic / Weirdest Moments In History Compared to Morden times ( Histogore ) / If You Believe Any Of These 10 Things, You Have Been Deceived.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.