Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,617 members, 7,823,702 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Why Is Newborn Babies' Placenta Given To The Father? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is Newborn Babies' Placenta Given To The Father? (1777 Views)

Heartless Mother Throws Her New Born Baby In A Gutter With Its Placenta / Money Given To A Wife By Her Husband Is Called What.. / Names Given To Children In Nigeria Lately (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Newborn Babies' Placenta Given To The Father? by vicoloni(m): 1:25pm On Sep 11, 2012
The placenta of all my children were handed over to me after their births and I keep wondering why. I personally consider it a waste product which should be disposed off by the hospital but I guess there is a superstition surrounding placenta. Kindly share your thoughts.
Re: Why Is Newborn Babies' Placenta Given To The Father? by MrsChima1(f): 1:44pm On Sep 11, 2012
vicoloni: The placenta of all my children were handed over to me after their births and I keep wondering why. I personally consider it a waste product which should be disposed off by the hospital but I guess there is a superstition surrounding placenta. Kindly share your thoughts.

Because they wanted you to eat it. undecided undecided undecided undecided

On the serious...there is no reason. Maybe you were closest to hand off because they were trying to take care of the mother and baby. Usually when the father or coach is in the birthing room...they are "the assistant" so therefore you were handed the placenta to discharge unless you needed it for your upcoming science project.

No big deal.
Re: Why Is Newborn Babies' Placenta Given To The Father? by SincereMind(m): 5:13pm On Sep 12, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

Because they wanted you to eat it. undecided undecided undecided undecided

On the serious...there is no reason. Maybe you were closest to hand off because they were trying to take care of the mother and baby. Usually when the father or coach is in the birthing room...they are "the assistant" so therefore you were handed the placenta to discharge unless you needed it for your upcoming science project.

No big deal.
This woman sef... Is this the reason they gave your husband in your local hospital? Mchewww...

@Op, I think they hand it over to the father
1. the mother, as at that time, isnt in a stable condition to dispose it off
2. different beliefs attached to the disposal... You can call it superstition... We have many of such...

1 Like

Re: Why Is Newborn Babies' Placenta Given To The Father? by MrsChima1(f): 6:10pm On Sep 12, 2012
SincereMind:
This woman sef... Is this the reason they gave your husband in your local hospital? Mchewww...

@Op, I think they hand it over to the father
1. the mother, as at that time, isnt in a stable condition to dispose it off
2. different beliefs attached to the disposal... You can call it superstition... We have many of such...

Bite me! angry angry angry
Re: Why Is Newborn Babies' Placenta Given To The Father? by Dipwater(m): 8:37am On Sep 13, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

Bite me! angry angry angry

Bites miss chima. Awghjdjkbhc. And she shouts yeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

(1) (Reply)

Farewell Old Friends / My Husband Has Gone Mad; Dissolve Our Marriage, Woman Begs Court / 4 Good Reasons For A Man To Hit A Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.