Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,596 members, 7,958,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:28 AM

A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! (32759 Views)

Federal Civil Service Job April 15, 2015 Mass Recruitment / Nigerian Custom Service: Mass Recruitment / 2013 African Steel Mills Mass Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Oceemo(m): 5:27pm On Sep 12, 2012
poj: Wish i could apply but i dnt jst ve dt time to waste, filling one useless application which sincerely u knw realistically u can neva be shortlisted. M not a pessimist but i dnt knw any of d senators. So ur guess is as good as mine.
my guy u ar nt a pessimist, we jst have 2 b realistic those that will eventually got employed already knw themselves. Time 2 use fill that form if pesin use am run 4rm lekki 2 ikorodu e go help am
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by charles316: 5:28pm On Sep 12, 2012
Why are u guys moaning and crying unnecessarily. In 2010,nnpc employed The best plus some 'special candidates'. Are u saying they could have employed 20000 so that they wont need 2 employ anyone in d next 15 years? Pathetic. So why didnt unilag admit half of d candidates that applied last year so that they wont need to admit anyone next year. You should ask yourselves why u werent part of the 595 that were employed. Most people were employed based on merit.

3 Likes

Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by DonId(m): 5:31pm On Sep 12, 2012
Please, I do perfectly understand that even with an open process, a lot of people will still have doubts about NNPC employment process; this does not mean there is no credibility in the process. I know a lot of people who are currently in NNPC employment that did not know a single soul before they got in there. My advise is; if anyone needs a job, kindly apply, prepare well and keep your faith on getting the job. All the best!!!

1 Like

Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by ezme(m): 5:31pm On Sep 12, 2012
DailyNews: Hey man, I am gainfully employed and maybe earning more than some NNPC employess, pls watch your choice of words, this thread was meant to trash out certain issues on this so-called NNPC mass recruitment...so chill pls...if you cannot contribute without being insultive, y not stay away and just be an observer pls

sir, my comment wasn't directed at you and please your points are not valid. You are arguing that NNPC should employ more people since they just completed one recruitment process. Do you know the criteria through which those 595 persons emerged? if you have read through the proposed Petroleum industry bill, you would not come here to rant and bring your myopia to the fore. NNPC is not a social security system that should ensure a particular number of persons get on its pay roll every year. Come and state valid premises then we can converse. Refrain from jumping into threads just to comment, spend some time understanding the situation before you say anything.

1 Like

Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 12, 2012
ezme:

sir, my comment wasn't directed at you and please your points are not valid. You are arguing that NNPC should employ more people since they just completed one recruitment process. Do you know the criteria through which those 595 persons emerged? if you have read through the proposed Petroleum industry bill, you would not come here to rant and bring your myopia to the fore. NNPC is not a social security system that should ensure a particular number of persons get on its pay roll every year. Come and state valid premises then we can converse. Refrain from jumping into threads just to comment, spend some time understanding the situation before you say anything.
Check the bolded again...do have a lovely evening today...and do read up the previous comments together with the original message. Have fun!
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by ezme(m): 5:42pm On Sep 12, 2012
DailyNews: Check the bolded again...do have a lovely evening today...and do read up the previous comments together with the original message. Have fun!

Oga, you are here to force your inaccurate ideas on others. I'm too enlightened to take that, and the fact that you started the thread doesn't make your perception right. Work on yourself, people with your mindset are the reason we are not moving forward in this country. You a probably here whining because someone you knew didn't get in, that my friend is a sore-loser mentality.

1 Like

Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 12, 2012
ezme:

Oga, you are here to force your inaccurate ideas on others. I'm too enlightened to take that, and the fact that you started the thread doesn't make your perception right. Work on yourself, people with your mindset are the reason we are not moving forward in this country. You a probably here whining because someone you knew didn't get in, that my friend is a sore-loser mentality.
Better said...the truth is always, only in our hearts, make sure your words here are truly what your heart wants and what is in your heart, people, lol! Enjoy like I said before. smiley
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by duality(m): 5:49pm On Sep 12, 2012
juventino:
My brother I can swear by anything to let you know I knew NOBODY when I applied back 2010. I'm currently employed as cost engineer in NNPC Abuja. You never can tell, just apply

huum!! this must be a miracle. me want dis kind miracle ohh!..
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by eelvismd(m): 5:53pm On Sep 12, 2012
DailyNews: NNPC Advertized for a massive employment in 2010, and 120,000 plus applicants applied for the various vacancies, 44,000 applicants got shortlisted for employment aptitude test written nationwide, and 5,000 applicants made it to the interview stage, and only 595 applicants were finally employed after two years, and for the same NNPC to advertise for another massive employment in 2012, showing that they still needed more workers, so why didn't they employ more from the 5,000 applicants that made it to the final interview of which majority might have as well did well during the interview? Is this a political recruitment to hype the present democratic government to create the impression that there is great improvement in job opportunities in Nigeria now than before or just as a result of poor Human Resource Management of the NNPC?

Finally, NNPC Management needs to answer the questions below:

1. why haven't NNPC HR shortlist the total names of applicants that got employed in the last 2010 mass recruitment like other government parastatals did?
2. How come the NNPC GMD's daughter applied for the 2010 mass recruitment and also got shortlisted for aptitude test despite the fact that it is illegal for a father and child to work in the same company/organization that is not owned by the family?

NNPC Management needs to answer these questions to ensure Nigerians that this present massive recruitment exercise will be free and fair.

Please moderators take this to the front page, it needs to be discussed seriously because Nigerians are being used and misled by the leaders. Thank you.

Let me start by saying that I am not in anyway holding brief for NNPC management so as to diffuse any thought of me being subjective and taking side with NNPC management.

First, every company has its minimum standards and once those standards are not met by applicants, then there is no point lowering the standards if the management of the company think they have the time and resources to re-advertise and go through the processes of recruiting those they feel meet the company's standards. That said, whether or not those who were interviewed and not given appointment were below NNPC standards is unknown to me and only the management of NNPC can address that.

For those who are saying they should have recruited for all available positions and forget about the 2012 recruitment they just advertised, you need to ask yourself the following questions and be since with yourself when answering them:

1. What if the positions for 2012 recruitment advert will only become available by 2013 or 2014. Does it make sense to give appointment to someone who is below your standard and ask the person to stay at home for the next one or two years?

2. If your answer to question one above is yes, will you equally say that NNPC will be fair to those that have graduated and completed NYSC between 2010 and 2012 if they had done that?

My point is that it is only fair to give opportunity to others if we really want equal opportunity and fairness, which is in contrast to the opinion of those who are saying NNPC should have employed those interviewed but didn't meet their minimum standards and forget about recruiting for the next two to four years despite the fact that Universities have graduated recent graduates who are equally entitled to apply to NNPC.

1 Like

Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 12, 2012
eelvismd:

Let me start by saying that I am not in anyway holding brief for NNPC management so as to diffuse any thought of me being subjective and taking side with NNPC management.

First, every company has its minimum standards and once those standards are not met by applicants, then there is no point lowering the standards if the management of the company think they have the time and resources to re-advertise and go through the processes of recruiting those they feel meet the company's standards. That said, whether or not those who were interviewed and not given appointment were below NNPC standards is unknown to me and only the management of NNPC can address that.

For those who are saying they should have recruited for all available positions and forget about the 2012 recruitment they just advertised, you need to ask yourself the following questions and be since with yourself when answering them:

1. What if the positions for 2012 recruitment advert will only become available by 2013 or 2014. Does it make sense to give appointment to someone who is below your standard and ask the person to stay at home for the next one or two years?

2. If your answer to question one above is yes, will you equally say that NNPC will be fair to those that have graduated and completed NYSC between 2010 and 2012 if they had done that?

My point is that it is only fair to give opportunity to others if we really want equal opportunity and fairness, which is in contrast to the opinion of those who are saying [b]NNPC should have employed those interviewed but didn't meet their minimum standards and forget about recruiting for the next two to four years despite the fact that Universities have graduated recent graduates [/b]who are equally entitled to apply to NNPC.

lol
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by eelvismd(m): 5:57pm On Sep 12, 2012
DailyNews:

Please try and apply, two of my friends got employed via the last recruitment of 2010 that got finished last month, and they knew nobody, I mean nobody. All I am saying is this: why employ only 595 out of 5000 people that went for the interview after a long and rigorous process, and only for them to open up a new mass recruitment the preceding month, what then are they trying to tell people? It totally unfair to humanity and to everything we can think of. They should have at least absorbed say 30 - 50% of the previous applicants that went for the interview since they needed more staff, than wasting our national resources on new recruitment that will cost another huge some of money and budget. Again, they cannot tell us boldly that those that scaled through to the interview stage of the last recruitment are not good enough cos they are still going to be the same people that will apply for this new one with little more from new graduates, so NNPC has nothing to justify this unscrupulous act they performed and will continue to perform if Nigerians continue to keep mute. Just my opinion anyway.

My point is that it is only fair to give opportunity to others if we really want equal opportunity and fairness, which is in contrast to the opinion of those who are saying NNPC should have employed those interviewed but didn't meet their minimum standards and forget about recruiting for the next two to four years despite the fact that Universities have graduated recent graduates who are equally entitled to apply to NNPC.
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by realsammie(m): 6:15pm On Sep 12, 2012
@op..did you know that his daughter was not employ?
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by gbenga2000: 6:27pm On Sep 12, 2012
x-fire:

1. NNPC recruitment is merit-driven and I will advise anybody with the required qualification to apply. Don't start being apathetic without even giving a try. Some of the reasons many don't get jobs are because they don't believe in themselves and also they believe that they have to know someone before getting jobs.
2. NNPC does not recruit for social responsibility. They recruit based on organizational needs, thus they require people that meet a particular benchmark or standard. No coy aiming to be a world class one recruits just because there are many applicants, even if they don't meet up to expectation. A standard/benchmark is always set.
3. I believe NNPC aims to recruit periodically to capture recent graduates in a 'catch-them-young' concept. If NNPC were to employ everybody or most applicants (irrespective of whether they meet the standard criteria or not), wouldn't it be unfair to recently graduated people after the recruitment? Shell, Chevron, Guinness, PZ, banks etc recruit yearly in form of staff replenishment. Why can't you also demand that they embark on an 'almighty' recruitment in which they employ a large number of applicants and stop recruitment for another long duration?
4. Things must be done right in Nigeria and we must demand merit in all sectors of the economy including govt companies. Recruiting large number of people just because you have a large number of applicants smacks of mediocrity. The large number shows that everybody is given a fair chance to prove his/her mettle. That I think is a positive for NNPC.
NB: 269000+ applied not 140000+. And I believe the numbers will be more this year.

@X-fire.. Your contribution is the most brainy among the several comments. You drew your conclusion from a very reasonable and thoughtful premise. I seconded you on this post- you've said it all.
I don't understand why majority forgot so quickly that the aptitude test conducted by phillips consulting for 2010 NNPC recruitment was mared with a lot of incompetence on the side of phillip consulting.
This is another fair chance to involve those who have the brain but were weeded by the bad conduct of the last test.
To me, this is a welcome development.
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by erniok(m): 6:28pm On Sep 12, 2012
realsammie: @op..did you know that his daughter was not employ?
The issue is not the daughter not being employed but why allow her to be shortlisted if it is against the policy. In an organisized society, it will cost the MD his job.
@topic: a friend at the national assembly told me our senators are making aggressive moves to get their candidates shortlisted for the test. Mind you thtat they have a quota that will be invited for the test. If the senators, presidents and govornors candidates are all shortlisted, what happens to the real eligible candidates. This exercise has a serious ploitical undertone regardless of what many here are saying. We should learn to look at the bigger picture.
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by gbenga2000: 6:39pm On Sep 12, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Mehn i dont understand your argument, More ppl have graduated, more ppl have gain more experience, then why is it a crime to open up another recruitment.

You are so on point bro. As if you knew exactly why NNPC open up a fresh recruitment.
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by santanovva(m): 7:17pm On Sep 12, 2012
I was unable to apply for †ђξ 2010 recruitment though I really wanted to.However, one thought at †ђξ back of my mind was that it was all a political gimmick,it was all a PDP -GEJ campaign strategy to garner †ђξ acceptance and votes of †ђξ youth and unemployed..and ¥£$ ,I don't believe I was wrong,YET!
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by ujchief(m): 9:19pm On Sep 12, 2012
@topic. The reason why most govt parastatals do recruitment exercise is not unrelated to the yearly budget allocated to them. They make claims of huge sums spent on recruitment exercise and pocket the ballance, only to re-organize the exercise 2 yrs later.
An exces of N900 bil was budgeted for 2012 security budget, if this money is not spent, its returned to the cofers of the fg. So wat the security chief does is to advertise for recruitment exercise, lay claims to hundreds of milions for the exercise and end up recruiting a hand full of their siblings. Check out how many security parastatals advertised for recruitment just this year (imigration, sss, airforce, police, army, etc). Next, they'll quote another milions used in training of the new recruit and so on. Thats the method of sharing the national cake.
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by mbaemeka(m): 9:33pm On Sep 12, 2012
@ All

dont take my word for bond but you can as well read what I have to say- Dailynews is partly correct if not mostly. I know alot of people here just want to believe in the Authenticity and thoroughness of the recruitment process but the truth is that it doesnt really exist.

yes a minor 10-20 of the 595 may have been credible, competent candidates but I can assure you that it would not have exceeded that number. Government officials, senators, Honourables etc. greatly affect the process. let me give you an example- in 2008 DPR a subsidiary of NNPC recruited massively. After the mandatory shortlisting, Testing and Interview process a handful of successful candidates were muddled with the "IM" candidates. The proportion was say 60 of the Credible-40% of "IM" of a total of 250 persons. The DPR had already planned on publishing the names at a particular date only for a fax to arrive from the "presidency" on the eve of that date with a list of names to be employed by the DPR containing. . .wait for it. . .250names! If you know anybody who works there and is of repute you can inquire.

Which brings me to the NNPC. I know 2 persons that were employed by NNPC and were scheduled to resume this August-september resumption following the 2010 "massive recruitment". Here is the challenge- the 2 of them didnt apply in 2010 as they were still in the university. They finished say septemeber of that yearv (Canada), served from the November batch of that year and finished by october of 2011 hence they couldnt apply(they lacked the neccessary NYSC discharge cert.).Interestingly they didnt even attend the interview. The just got the offer straight-no hassles! Please dont come and tell me that what I am saying isnt true because one of them is my younger brother and the other My cousin! I also know why and how they did it but thats another issue for another day. The fact remains that the the process is usually marred with malfeasance and "mago mago".

If you can apply, please do I believe in God and miracles. If you know "someone" please contact them becasue it is another vital forte. Whether dailynews suggested that NNPC should have simply recruited more people from the last recruitment is still unclear and for reasons of being a good sport I wont take him up on that. It is fine that they have decided to recruit more lads now and taking further years into cognizance is not only right but is commendable. The real question is whether the process is deviod of "ojoro" to a bearest minimum and the answer is a resounding NO!!
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by emiye(m): 9:49pm On Sep 12, 2012
NNPC must not only operate a transparent recruitment process, they must show that they are transparent.

What stops NNPC from publishing a list of all those shortlisted for interview from each state and position in a simple PDF file on their site at least?

What stops NNPC from publishing a list of all those finally recruited[b](595)[/b] from each state and position in a simple PDF file on their site ?

Why did they refuse the request of one on the national dailies to show a breakdown of those employed by state, claiming they were not bound by FOI act?

Recruitment in to Federal Government agencies can not be 100% merit driven due to federal character and quota system as enshrined in the constitution, (All the 36 states and FCT must be represented) which is clear and ok to give everyone a sense of belonging, but there should be transparency.
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by oradee: 10:34pm On Sep 12, 2012
mba emeka: @ All

dont take my word for bond but you can as well read what I have to say- Dailynews is partly correct if not mostly. I know alot of people here just want to believe in the Authenticity and thoroughness of the recruitment process but the truth is that it doesnt really exist.

yes a minor 10-20 of the 595 may have been credible, competent candidates but I can assure you that it would not have exceeded that number. Government officials, senators, Honourables etc. greatly affect the process. let me give you an example- in 2008 DPR a subsidiary of NNPC recruited massively. After the mandatory shortlisting, Testing and Interview process a handful of successful candidates were muddled with the "IM" candidates. The proportion was say 60 of the Credible-40% of "IM" of a total of 250 persons. The DPR had already planned on publishing the names at a particular date only for a fax to arrive from the "presidency" on the eve of that date with a list of names to be employed by the DPR containing. . .wait for it. . .250names! If you know anybody who works there and is of repute you can inquire.

Which brings me to the NNPC. I know 2 persons that were employed by NNPC and were scheduled to resume this August-september resumption following the 2010 "massive recruitment". Here is the challenge- the 2 of them didnt apply in 2010 as they were still in the university. They finished say septemeber of that yearv (Canada), served from the November batch of that year and finished by october of 2011 hence they couldnt apply(they lacked the neccessary NYSC discharge cert.).Interestingly they didnt even attend the interview. The just got the offer straight-no hassles! Please dont come and tell me that what I am saying isnt true because one of them is my younger brother and the other My cousin! I also know why and how they did it but thats another issue for another day. The fact remains that the the process is usually marred with malfeasance and "mago mago".

If you can apply, please do I believe in God and miracles. If you know "someone" please contact them becasue it is another vital forte. Whether dailynews suggested that NNPC should have simply recruited more people from the last recruitment is still unclear and for reasons of being a good sport I wont take him up on that. It is fine that they have decided to recruit more lads now and taking further years into cognizance is not only right but is commendable. The real question is whether the process is deviod of "ojoro" to a bearest minimum and the answer is a resounding NO!!

didnt plan on commenting on this post but...CAN U LINK ME UP? (aint no shame in asking sir)
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 12, 2012
What's dis thread about?
Young graduates should not apply ni?
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 12, 2012
emiye: NNPC must not only operate a transparent recruitment process, they must show that they are transparent.

What stops NNPC from publishing a list of all those shortlisted for interview from each state and position in a simple PDF file on their site at least?

What stops NNPC from publishing a list of all those finally recruited[b](595)[/b] from each state and position in a simple PDF file on their site ?

Why did they refuse the request of one on the national dailies to show a breakdown of those employed by state, claiming they were not bound by FOI act?

Recruitment in to Federal Government agencies can not be 100% merit driven due to federal character and quota system as enshrined in the constitution, (All the 36 states and FCT must be represented) which is clear and ok to give everyone a sense of belonging, but there should be transparency.

U want sum1's landlord to like his facebook page?
NNPC doesn't have to publish anything..... Dey'll just have to call u.
U want sum1 to get kidnapped?
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by AlfcomEnergy(m): 11:01pm On Sep 12, 2012
As long as it may not cost us anything to apply,we may all just apply and maximise our chances and prepare for the best to come.
With Oil & Gas Trainings, you would have increased your chances to maximise employment opportunities.
As it is said preparation meeting opportunity results in success.
Alfcom Energy provides you Oil & Gas professional training services in Geosciences and Drilling Operations. You can either order our eLearning materials where you can study on own anywhere in the world,or attend any of our traing sessions.
Please click http://www.alfcomenergy.com/Training%20Services.html
or contact us:
info@alfcomenrgy.com
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Nextworldnx(m): 11:05pm On Sep 12, 2012

Nigeria is FINISHED!!! cry cry
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by welovethee(m): 11:18pm On Sep 12, 2012
DailyNews: NNPC Advertized for a massive employment in 2010, and 120,000 plus applicants applied for the various vacancies, 44,000 applicants got shortlisted for employment aptitude test written nationwide, and 5,000 applicants made it to the interview stage, and only 595 applicants were finally employed after two years, and for the same NNPC to advertise for another massive employment in 2012, showing that they still needed more workers, so why didn't they employ more from the 5,000 applicants that made it to the final interview of which majority might have as well did well during the interview? Is this a political recruitment to hype the present democratic government to create the impression that there is great improvement in job opportunities in Nigeria now than before or just as a result of poor Human Resource Management of the NNPC?

1. why haven't NNPC HR shortlist the total names of applicants that got employed in the last 2010 mass recruitment like other government parastatals did?
2. How come the NNPC GMD's daughter applied for the 2010 mass recruitment and also got shortlisted for aptitude test despite the fact that it is illegal for a father and child to work in the same company/organization that is not owned by the family?

NNPC Management needs to answer these questions to ensure Nigerians that this present massive recruitment exercise will be free and fair.

Please moderators take this to the front page, it needs to be discussed seriously because Nigerians are being used and misled by the leaders. Thank you.
@OP From your tone, I figured that you were not successful in the last recruitment exercise. Sorry about that. But before I attempt to answer your questions, let me let you know that I am an employee of NNPC. Was employed in 2005. I did not know anyone neither did I have a godfather.

For your first question, let it be known to you that, like every other world class company, NNPC needs the best brains available to run its operations. So don't be disturbed if it decides to adopt this approach to achieve the desired result.

Secondly, please check your facts well before you point fingers at people. There is no law in NNPC that prohibits a child applying because your parent works with the corporation. If your child is good enough and scales through the rigours of the selection process, so be it. I remember a General Manager who told us during our induction that her child applied for the job but did not make it.

Please be assured that the selection process is very transparent. If you did not make it through the last time, who said you can't be successful this time?
If a guy like me made it through without a godfather, you too can. It is well with you.
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by welovethee(m): 11:32pm On Sep 12, 2012

You lie a lot. You know why? Your so-called brother and or causin should have have told you that DPR is not a subsidiary of NNPC. Please go and reconstruct your story.
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by livapul86(m): 12:09am On Sep 13, 2012
welovethee:

You lie a lot. You know why? Your so-called brother and or causin should have have told you that DPR is not a subsidiary of NNPC. Please go and reconstruct your story.

Oga, read up his post again. His reference to DPR is for a different recruitment process, the one that relates to his folks is the NNPC recruitment of 2010.

@Oga Mba, please I don't mind tapping into the connection of your brothers. Biko, yem aka.
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Syenite(m): 6:41am On Sep 13, 2012
The truth is bitter but it must be said. It is nt up 2 d populace 2 determine when & how NNPC should recruit. To put some facts straight & 2 enlighten ur "populace", in 2010 NNPC advertise in Nov & entries closed Dec' 10. Shortlistin of succesful candidates aft test & interview was concluded in oct 2011.That makes it 12 calender months. Resumptn was 2 b in Jan' 12 bt on came d subsidy probe, which affected d min of petroleum & d GMD. Another factor is d delay in passage of budget. RECRUITMENT WAS CONCLUDED IN 1YR BT RESUMPTN DELAYED BY 7MONTHS. 595 recruited is a fair enough no. Shell does nt recruit more dan 100.U want all of u frm dat 2010 recruitment 2 b taken so dat d younger generatn won't have an opportunity? NNPC wants d best & gives equal opportunity. Sorry if u didn't make d last one bt d younger ones & other pple must b given an opportunity 2.Good Luck!
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by micpet(m): 7:55am On Sep 13, 2012
pls when is it going 2 close because hve bn trying 2 compate my regit bt d page is come up,when is it close?
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by enkoby: 9:49am On Sep 13, 2012
[quote author=

[/quote]

Dailynews please get your facts right. my husband works in Shell, and he told me that husbands and wives work together in the company. pls o,it is not illegal in Nigeria for spouses to work together in the same company. it depends on the company policy and the rules of the company in their Memorandum and Articles of Association.
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Syenite(m): 10:01am On Sep 13, 2012
micpet: pls when is it going 2 close because hve bn trying 2 compate my regit bt d page is come up,when is it close?
. Pple like this too will claim they were nt employed bc they don't know anybody.

1 Like

Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by debosky(m): 11:44am On Sep 13, 2012
eelvismd:
My point is that it is only fair to give opportunity to others if we really want equal opportunity and fairness, which is in contrast to the opinion of those who are saying NNPC should have employed those interviewed but didn't meet their minimum standards [/b]and forget about recruiting for the next two to four years despite the fact that[b] Universities have graduated recent graduates who are equally entitled to apply to NNPC.

Very well said - while we don't know the actual details of the recruitment exercise, major companies hold annual recruitment exercises, with the aim of accessing new graduates/potential employees who for some reason or the other didn't apply/get through to interview stages in previous years.

You simply don't employ candidates to 'save' on recruitment costs, you employ (or should employ) candidates that meet your requirements/standards. If they only 594 met the standard, then so be it.

Many of those complaining are doing so because they failed to get in during the previous recruitment cycle. Apply again this time determined to prove to NNPC that you are good enough to be employed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) Recruitment Of 2016 To Start Soon / These 4 Online Jobs Can Make A Nigerian Unemployed Graduate Rich / Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.