Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! (32653 Views)

Federal Civil Service Job April 15, 2015 Mass Recruitment / Nigerian Custom Service: Mass Recruitment / 2013 African Steel Mills Mass Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by bigtt76(f): 2:43pm On Sep 12, 2012
The quality of the application site is so so poor you begin to wonder if the process leading to the staff who designed the site was anything to go by. Its sad sha.
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by solgee(m): 2:44pm On Sep 12, 2012
juventino:
My brother I can swear by anything to let you know I knew NOBODY when I applied back 2010. I'm currently employed as cost engineer in NNPC Abuja. You never can tell, just apply
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 12, 2012
Novice1: @OP, did u lose out on the 2010 exercise?

Sir must I lose out before I can see the flaws in our national system, must I lose out to feel the pains of my people ...we need to change this kind of mentality pls...
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 12, 2012
DailyNews: This is why we need to bring this ugly situation to the notice of the general Nigerian populace, and as such I pray the moderators to pls move this to the front page so we can hear Nigerians comment on this and possibly let NNPC and the Petroleum Minister know that Nigerians aren't fool as they maybe thinking.

Oboy you failed your interview and yet you are here crying like a baby, you want to be employed without passing your interview shocked
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 12, 2012
NNPC is a disgrace. But hey, is anybody suprised? From the moment i realised they weren't going to re-imburse our transportation costs, i just zoned out. Excellent point @dailynews,

why employ only 595 out of 5000 people that went for the interview after a long and rigorous process, and only for them to open up a new mass recruitment the preceding month
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 12, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Oboy you failed your interview and yet you are here crying like a baby, you want to be employed without passing your interview shocked

Hahahaha...that's a kind of insult sir...lol...you don't even know if I qualified for the job or not...lol...but see, I have some first class friends, who are extremely good, and they didn't scaled through, so leave that issue and face the facts.

In which company law is it written that a father and child are eligible to work in the same company that isn't owned by their family? What law or act backs that?

Secondly, how come it took them 2 years to finish a mere recruitment that can be finished in months?

If NNPC can be so open and publish the scripts and papers used in grading applicants for that job recruitment, I don't think you and I will be arguing over this because you will be amazed at the flaws and backdoor events that took place.
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by yinchar(m): 3:03pm On Sep 12, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Oh God....see mumu, his he talking about only himself, cant you read he said 5000 was called for interview only 500+ was selected, please lets be reasonable when giving replies in public forums.
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Hemanwel(m): 3:18pm On Sep 12, 2012
Pls,can someone wu graduated wit twenty two apply 4 d NNPC job?
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by yinchar(m): 3:19pm On Sep 12, 2012
Hemanwel: Pls,can someone wu graduated wit twenty two apply 4 d NNPC job?
Yes you can.
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by free2ryhme: 3:24pm On Sep 12, 2012
DailyNews: This is why we need to bring this ugly situation to the notice of the general Nigerian populace, and as such I pray the moderators to pls move this to the front page so we can hear Nigerians comment on this and possibly let NNPC and the Petroleum Minister know that Nigerians aren't fool as they maybe thinking.

How many of you are ready to fight this gruesome act to a stand still yet you all come to forums like these and complain... comment, comment, & continue to comment .. You are fools already they not it because you cant do nadder . I repeat all of your commenting cant do nadder. In an historical advancement pain is said to follow if we avoid pain because we are afraid of it then we wont be able to achieve anything. As anything changed since your first comment nonsense ??
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by TalkingBird: 3:28pm On Sep 12, 2012
Southwest Airlines in USA, in 2005, according to company data,received 260,109 resumes and hired 2,766 employees – an average of 94 candidates for each open slot.
NNPC in 2010, 120,000 plus applicants applied for the various vacancies, 44,000 applicants got shortlisted [/b]for employment aptitude test written nationwide, and [b]5,000 applicants made it to the interview stage, 595 applicants were finally employed after two years.
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by andre99(m): 3:35pm On Sep 12, 2012
Pls can someone shed light on what type of question we shd expect!
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 12, 2012
kenostika: 595 out of 5000 just got employed and NNPC decided to re-advertise.I guess it is politically motivated or else they would have employed more, 595 is just too small.

somebody or some people feed fat on these recruitment excises
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 12, 2012
TalkingBird: Southwest Airlines in USA, in 2005, according to company data,received 260,109 resumes and hired 2,766 employees – an average of 94 candidates for each open slot.
NNPC in 2010, 120,000 plus applicants applied for the various vacancies, 44,000 applicants got shortlisted [/b]for employment aptitude test written nationwide, and [b]5,000 applicants made it to the interview stage, 595 applicants were finally employed after two years.
I see...but what are you trying to rive at pls Though you gave a good statistics...but then did they open up another recruitment just so soon? Do you know how much is being spent on this recruitment? All these are waste pipe to our national fund. You need to see or know how much NNPC spends on recruitment aptitude test only.
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 12, 2012
DailyNews: NNPC Advertized for a massive employment in 2010, and 120,000 plus applicants applied for the various vacancies, 44,000 applicants got shortlisted for employment aptitude test written nationwide, and 5,000 applicants made it to the interview stage, and only 595 applicants were finally employed after two years, and for the same NNPC to advertise for another massive employment in 2012, showing that they still needed more workers, so why didn't they employ more from the 5,000 applicants that made it to the final interview of which majority might have as well did well during the interview? Is this a political recruitment to hype the present democratic government to create the impression that there is great improvement in job opportunities in Nigeria now than before or just as a result of poor Human Resource Management of the NNPC?

Finally, NNPC Management needs to answer the questions below:

1. why haven't NNPC HR shortlist the total names of applicants that got employed in the last 2010 mass recruitment like other government parastatals did?
2. How come the NNPC GMD's daughter applied for the 2010 mass recruitment and also got shortlisted for aptitude test despite the fact that it is illegal for a father and child to work in the same company/organization that is not owned by the family?

NNPC Management needs to answer these questions to ensure Nigerians that this present massive recruitment exercise will be free and fair.

Please moderators take this to the front page, it needs to be discussed seriously because Nigerians are being used and misled by the leaders. Thank you.
1. NNPC recruitment is merit-driven and I will advise anybody with the required qualification to apply. Don't start being apathetic without even giving a try. Some of the reasons many don't get jobs are because they don't believe in themselves and also they believe that they have to know someone before getting jobs.
2. NNPC does not recruit for social responsibility. They recruit based on organizational needs, thus they require people that meet a particular benchmark or standard. No coy aiming to be a world class one recruits just because there are many applicants, even if they don't meet up to expectation. A standard/benchmark is always set.
3. I believe NNPC aims to recruit periodically to capture recent graduates in a 'catch-them-young' concept. If NNPC were to employ everybody or most applicants (irrespective of whether they meet the standard criteria or not), wouldn't it be unfair to recently graduated people after the recruitment? Shell, Chevron, Guinness, PZ, banks etc recruit yearly in form of staff replenishment. Why can't you also demand that they embark on an 'almighty' recruitment in which they employ a large number of applicants and stop recruitment for another long duration?
4. Things must be done right in Nigeria and we must demand merit in all sectors of the economy including govt companies. Recruiting large number of people just because you have a large number of applicants smacks of mediocrity. The large number shows that everybody is given a fair chance to prove his/her mettle. That I think is a positive for NNPC.
NB: 269000+ applied not 140000+. And I believe the numbers will be more this year.

2 Likes

Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 12, 2012
kenostika: 595 out of 5000 just got employed and NNPC decided to re-advertise.I guess it is politically motivated or else they would have employed more, 595 is just too small.

somebody or some people feed fat on these recruitment exercises
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 12, 2012
x-fire:

1. NNPC recruitment is merit-driven and I will advise anybody with the required qualification to apply. Don't start being apathetic without even giving a try. Some of the reasons many don't get jobs are because they don't believe in themselves and also they believe that they have to know someone before getting jobs.
2. NNPC does not recruit for social responsibility. They recruit based on organizational needs, thus they require people that meet a particular benchmark or standard. No coy aiming to be a world class one recruits just because there are many applicants, even if they don't meet up to expectation. A standard/benchmark is always set.
3. I believe NNPC aims to recruit periodically to capture recent graduates in a 'catch-them-young' concept. If NNPC were to employ everybody or most applicants (irrespective of whether they meet the standard criteria or not), wouldn't it be unfair to recently graduated people after the recruitment? Shell, Chevron, Guinness, PZ, banks etc recruit yearly in form of staff replenishment. Why can't you also demand that they embark on an 'almighty' recruitment in which they employ a large number of applicants and stop recruitment for another long duration?
4. Things must be done right in Nigeria and we must demand merit in all sectors of the economy including govt companies. Recruiting large number of people just because you have a large number of applicants smacks of mediocrity. The large number shows that everybody is given a fair chance to prove his/her mettle. That I think is a positive for NNPC.
NB: 269000+ applied not 140000+. And I believe the numbers will be more this year.
I understand your point bro...but then, do you know how much NNPC spend on just employment aptitude test? And how come it took NNPC 2 years to finish an ordinary recruitment exercise? Let us not be selfish in life, see, I am gainfully employed, but I cannot because of that and say TO HELL WITH THOSE THAT AREN'T EMPLOYED, you know why? Because I know quite well that I am not better than most of my sets who are yet to find a job placement, and I know the next question- if I got my job on merit, and the answer is yes, God knows I knew nobody and nobody helped me, but I must confess that I wasn't the best, so don't just believe that anyone that got hired by a company was the best candidate for that job, when some will even end up messing up their job role down the line...

To those justifying the inhumane practice of some Nigerian govt. owned organizations because they merited from it, don't worry....but remember that.... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by TalkingBird: 3:57pm On Sep 12, 2012
DailyNews: I see...but what are you trying to rive at pls Though you gave a good statistics...but then did they open up another recruitment just so soon? Do you know how much is being spent on this recruitment? All these are waste pipe to our national fund. You need to see or know how much NNPC spends on recruitment aptitude test only.

While not defending anybody, may be some persons who were not eligible for the experienced hire then will now. Just may be pls.
May be those who didn't do well in the aptitude test, or better still, "Jamb questions" will be better prepared now. Jus may be. Am not providing excuse for any body pls.(If you sample opinion of people in this category, they will say oh yes oooooh!)
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by ezme(m): 4:02pm On Sep 12, 2012
Many people here are just sore losers. Its common knowledge that Nigerian Universities churn out half-baked graduates every year. These graduates actually lack very good theoritical foundation. They read only to pass examinations and not really to add knowledge and value. This is typical of most engineering graduates. what they have left after graduation is residual knowledge. You see them on job boards/fora asking for past questions and test formats whenever they are shortlisted to take a test. They expect to perform wonderfully after this fire-brigade preparation approach. People are recruited based on compentencies they can demonstrate they possess, this has nothing to do with having a 2.1 or first class. You see them getting all religious, turning job vacancy threads to fellowship meetings and prayer rooms.The sensible ones focus on getting better and read daily to update their knowledge. So you believe the 595 people who got in did so with political connect? Wake up!!! Focus on getting better, opportunity favours the prepared man. Coming here to whine about recruitment policies will not make you better neither will it get you a job. Change your perception and fix yourself, those who got the jobs are humans too.

1 Like

Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 12, 2012
Well, let me defend my future company not withstanding their misdeed.
NNPC is a visionary organisation that will not allow only one set of graduates to benefit. i.e graduates after 2010 should also have a chance.
Talking about it being politics, yes its political aimed at, according to what you said, making this administration better than the others and to show everyone that we are doing better and care about the level of unemployment in the nation.
Oh. By the way, i was expecting to hear something like Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba or South south. Ba! ba!! ba!!! Oburum m'agboagbo!
Thank you anyway for your care. Pls note that you can always try again if you failed the first time. Don't be afraid of the crowd you will see because they have like multiplied and younger, active and persons with better results are also multiplied.
Best wishes.
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by myk2mic: 4:12pm On Sep 12, 2012
x-fire:

love u post, it does not cost u anything to apply and hope for the best, my colleague in my office did same last time and he went all the way(he knew no one) and recently joined nnpc as a supervisor. so just apply. if nnpc feels the need to hire whenever they have to , then let them, at least the are giving pple a fair chance of getting in, try chevron, shell and mobil u will see the difference
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 12, 2012
DailyNews: I understand your point bro...but then, do you know how much NNPC spend on just employment aptitude test? And how come it took NNPC 2 years to finish an ordinary recruitment exercise? Let us not be selfish in life, see, I am gainfully employed, but I cannot because of that and say TO HELL WITH THOSE THAT AREN'T EMPLOYED, you know why? Because I know quite well that I am not better than most of my sets who are yet to find a job placement, and I know the next question- if I got my job on merit, and the answer is yes, God knows I knew nobody and nobody helped me, but I must confess that I wasn't the best, so don't just believe that anyone that got hired by a company was the best candidate for that job, when some will even end up messing up their job role down the line...

To those justifying the inhumane practice of some Nigerian govt. owned organizations because they merited from it, don't worry....but remember that.... lipsrsealed
I just want to answer your first question. A sizeable but accountable amount of money was spent on the last recruitment to give everybody a fair chance!!! Would you rather prefer they shortlisted a fewer number of people even if they met the required qualification?? For a fair and merit-based recruitment, every qualified person should be given a fair chance, which NNPC as a national coy has done and performed well above average in that aspect.
Nobody gets a job because he/she is the best. Everybody gets a job because of favour, needs, hardwork, ability to satisfy the interviewer, etc. We all know that, so it's not enough reason to stand against NNPC recruitment. Cheers
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 12, 2012
DailyNews:

Sir must I lose out before I can see the flaws in our national system, must I lose out to feel the pains of my people ...we need to change this kind of mentality pls...

sounds political. I think pat Utomi will like that.
Its mostly politicians that makes use of the word my people. Well, you can say that if you are first contdmpt with yourselfB-)
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by dewize01(m): 5:02pm On Sep 12, 2012
watsup,d portal is no longa opening.can anybody help?
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 12, 2012
yinchar:
Oh God....see mumu, his he talking about only himself, cant you read he said 5000 was called for interview only 500+ was selected, please lets be reasonable when giving replies in public forums.

my company will have 2000 ppl called for interview just for 2 positions. Do you know what it takes to employ 500 ppl at-a-go, menh when last did u see an organization employ that huge at once, at least i know 10 who were employed 6 of then my mates and they did nothing except pass interview. There is already a reform in NNPC, just try again and stop pointing fingers, I understand ur plights its not easy without a job or nice-paying one. And b4 i leave you,forget 1st class some 3rd class can even do better during interview am telling from experience.
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 12, 2012
victorels:

sounds political. I think pat Utomi will like that.
Its mostly politicians that makes use of the word my people. Well, you can say that if you are first contdmpt with yourselfB-)

Yes I am a politician...for sure, an aspiring strong politician....and you need to support people like us anytime you hear or see us coming up...because we care more about the people than some people...all the same, I feel more satisfied reading all the various comments, which tells me that the masses (based on the few that commented here), are in support of what NNPC did, which also puts my mind to rest...so, let the trend continue....cheers! smiley
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 12, 2012
ezme: Many people here are just sore losers. Its common knowledge that Nigerian Universities churn out half-baked graduates every year. These graduates actually lack very good theoritical foundation. They read only to pass examinations and not really to add knowledge and value. This is typical of most engineering graduates. what they have left after graduation is residual knowledge. You see them on job boards/fora asking for past questions and test formats whenever they are shortlisted to take a test. They expect to perform wonderfully after this fire-brigade preparation approach. People are recruited based on compentencies they can demonstrate they possess, this has nothing to do with having a 2.1 or first class. You see them getting all religious, turning job vacancy threads to fellowship meetings and prayer rooms.The sensible ones focus on getting better and read daily to update their knowledge. So you believe the 595 people who got in did so with political connect? Wake up!!! Focus on getting better, opportunity favours the prepared man. Coming here to whine about recruitment policies will not make you better neither will it get you a job. Change your perception and fix yourself, those who got the jobs are humans too.
Hey man, I am gainfully employed and maybe earning more than some NNPC employess, pls watch your choice of words, this thread was meant to trash out certain issues on this so-called NNPC mass recruitment...so chill pls...if you cannot contribute without being insultive, y not stay away and just be an observer pls
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by earthgreeners(m): 5:12pm On Sep 12, 2012
Nigerians too like to dey deceive themselve with English- hardwork, merit, luck (abeg dose ones no dey Naija dictionary), the keywords na RUNS (sabi).....

una sabi as e dey go for the system, commom IT / NYSC for NNPC na long leg not to talk of getting the main Job....

Well, Im not discouraging anyone here, seeing is beleiving...Try ur luck, most of u wld surely come back here to lament
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 12, 2012
DailyNews: I see...but what are you trying to rive at pls Though you gave a good statistics...but then did they open up another recruitment just so soon? Do you know how much is being spent on this recruitment? All these are waste pipe to our national fund. You need to see or know how much NNPC spends on recruitment aptitude test only.

Mehn i dont understand your argument, More ppl have graduated, more ppl have gain more experience, then why is it a crime to open up another recruitment.
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by earthgreeners(m): 5:18pm On Sep 12, 2012
DailyNews: Yes I am a politician...for sure, an aspiring strong politician....and you need to support people like us anytime you hear or see us coming up...because we care more about the people than some people...all the same, I feel more satisfied reading all the various comments, which tells me that the masses (based on the few that commented here), are in support of what NNPC did, which also puts my mind to rest...so, let the trend continue....cheers! smiley

NNPC!!....I wouldnt waste my time scanning documents just to end up like a wounded Lion......
I would rather apply for dat teaching Job....

U need to see the recruitment site, my blog Behind pass am.....
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 12, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Mehn i dont understand your argument, More ppl have graduated, more ppl have gain more experience, then why is it a crime to open up another recruitment.
Next time when you want to comment on a thread, read the previous comments, at least that will help you in deciding on what to comment on...case closed...I AM NO LONGER ARGUING SINCE MAJORITY ARE IN SUPPORT OF THE ACT!
Re: A Question For NNPC On The 2012 Mass Recruitment- Plz Read! by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 12, 2012
earthgreeners:

NNPC!!....I wouldnt waste my time scanning documents just to end up like a wounded Lion......
I would rather apply for dat teaching Job....

U need to see the recruitment site, my blog Behind pass am.....
Plz, try and apply, just do it....I didn't opened this thread to discourage people from applying or to whine against NNPC like some folks did misinterpreted, but I opened it to let people know what's going on and to also let the NNPC management know ahead that there is freedom of information bill, which means, their process can be probed by anyone if taken up....again the one that baffled me which no one has been able to address is father working in the same company with child, when the company isn't their family company, but a national company.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Major Differences Between An Entrepreneur And An Employee / How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job / EFCC Recruitment Information

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.