Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,266 members, 7,839,343 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Arsenal News Thread - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal News Thread (810 Views)

Poll: Who should be allowed to go in the January Transfer Window?

Diaby: 0% (0 votes)
Diarra: 25% (1 vote)
Gilberto: 50% (2 votes)
Lehmann: 25% (1 vote)
Hoyte: 0% (0 votes)
No player: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Arsenal News - Petr Cech's Transfer To Arsenal Is The Signing Of The Summer! / Nigeria Sport News Thread 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal News Thread by touche(m): 4:20am On Jan 09, 2008
Tue 08 Jan, 2008:

David Beckham trains with Arsenal 2nd team!!!

I guess there's no 'space' for him in the 1st youth team wink. Well, he gets a chance to train with the 1st team once in a while according to rumours.

Still on Beckham, his wife has just been 'crowned' Worst Dressed Celebrity lipsrsealed and Manchester United [s]that name shouldn't be mentioned on this thread[/s]want David Beckham to become the club's global ambassador when he retires from playing. It is a role that would net the former England skipper around £2m a year!
Re: Arsenal News Thread by Nobody: 4:28am On Jan 09, 2008
there are at least 2 threads discussing this already. pls find out before jumping out to make another redundant thread.
Re: Arsenal News Thread by touche(m): 4:42am On Jan 09, 2008
Tue 08 Jan, 2008:

Lehman's Last Arsenal Game?

Arsene Wenger has expressed his concerns over Lehman's future with Arsenal sad. Almunia is in top form right now so I guess we won't miss him much undecided.

Almunia is getting more experienced and we are feeling increasingly safer with him between the goal posts. However, if we sell him, there's a possibility of developing a GOAL KEEPER shortage problem[b] case study CHELSEA [/b]. Fabiansky looked very useful in the few appearances he put in so far for the first team but if Almunia got injured is he really ready and experienced enough in this League to deputise adequately?
To take matters one step further what if, as happened at Chelsea, the need arises to bring in the third choice goalkeeper, 19 year old Vito Mannone? Is he up to it or will we see our title aspirations evaporate for lack of depth in this position?

If pushed it may be alright to take chances with almost all the other outfield positions (as we will with Kolo going away) but on the goalkeeper position, I would argue that it’s not really advisable if not reckless.

That is why I would think that Arsenal should first be looking to keep Lehmann and failing that look to bring in an experienced goalkeeper who will be trusted to deputise adequately should the need arise.

Arsene Wenger might splash 4 million pounds!!! shocked on 20 year old Wales (and Wolverhampton) goalkeeper, Wayne Hennessey he scored with a 40-yard free kick playing for Wales Under-19s against Turkey!! shocked.

He's said to be good in the air and on the ground! He is ready to step into Premiership football now, undecided[s] I hope it’s not just transfer window speculation.[/s] lipsrsealed

Re: Arsenal News Thread by touche(m): 4:52am On Jan 09, 2008
Tue 08 Jan, 2008:

Aston Villa want to sign Arsenal defender Justin Hoyte.

I doubt whether Arsene Wenger will sell a player with such potential.
Re: Arsenal News Thread by touche(m): 4:57am On Jan 09, 2008
Tue 08 Jan, 2008:

Borussia Dortmund fans reject Lehmann:

Borussia Dortmund fans do not want the club to sign Arsenal keeper Jens Lehmann! Why? Well, because he used to play for their rivals Schalke 04.
Re: Arsenal News Thread by touche(m): 5:40am On Jan 09, 2008
Tue 08 Jan, 2008:

Newcastle Target Diarra!

Sam Allardyce, faced with prospects of loosing Kevin Nolan, is now said to be 'eyeing' Arsenal's talented 22-year-old France midfielder Lassana Diarra who's been 'restless' because of lack of 1st team opportunities.

Tottenham also declared interest cheesy, I Guess Arsene Wenger will rather die than sell to them, being local rivals and all . Portsmouth also interested , the boy's HOT!

After the loss to Allediare inspired Middlesbrough angry, and outstanding performances by Pennant and Bentley,we should be wary about selling players to other premiership teams especially local rivals.
Re: Arsenal News Thread by touche(m): 5:51am On Jan 09, 2008
Tue 08 Jan, 2008:

The Woman Behind Hleb’s Resurgence:

One of the reasons why Arsenal 's on top?

Alexander Hleb’s fantastic skills and energetic commitment. This wasn’t the case last season.

“Behind every successful man there is a woman”, and it seems that this saying is being proved true in Alexander’s case.

Her name is Anastasia Kosenkova (Nastya) and she 'sings' for the pop group “Topless”lipsrsealed.

Re: Arsenal News Thread by touche(m): 6:46am On Jan 09, 2008
Tue 08 Jan, 2008:

Is the most obvious candidate that should be allowed to go Gilberto? :

From all indications, it is! He's current form is nothing to write home about, the captain’s arm band has been given to Gallas) and the financial profit for Arsenal will be very handsome, case study: Ljunberg transfer to West Ham. Very lucrative to Arsenal! .

Juventus is ready to fork out a few million pounds for his signature plus Arsenal will be saving his substantial salary which runs into a few million pounds a year! lipsrsealed.

Just like Fabregas after Viara's depature I sure hope the rest of the midfielders like Flamini, Diaby, Denilson, Song and Randall (don’t forget that Djourou can play that position well!!) will get a chance to shine!

(1) (Reply)

Does Vincent Enyeama Deserve To Be The Captain Of The Super Eagles? / Shameless Super (?) Eagles, Shameless Angry Fans, Shameless Democratic Leaders! / Arsenal Prepare For Pre-season Trip To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.