Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,119 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

My Experience With Etisalat - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Experience With Etisalat (1016 Views)

Anybody Also Having Issues With Etisalat Simple Server / Can I Realy Browse Unlimited With Etisalat BIS On My Pc? / With Etisalat Easyflex I Have Total Freedom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With Etisalat by amblors(m): 7:27am On Sep 12, 2012
MTN service has been so wack in the past months I decided to give etisalat a try,mainly because they also offer unlimited data n have beta 3G service @ my location.

I subscribed to the N100 daily plan twice, the first time I experienced deductions from my account, prob from the browser using wap transport (detailed in anoda thread)

Admittedly the service is faster than MTN's, mayb courtesy of few pple using their network rite now.

The third time I tried the daily plan, I found out I couldn't cancel the plan after expiration. Visited one of thia mobile centres, the guy there couldn't cancel it.
And once u load money on ur account, the bis amount is automatically deducted.

I tried calling their customer service, iv tried just once, and for 40mins no one picked (mtn's service way beta than this n I tot it was bad). I'm not the only1 complaining abt the CS, a couple of pple in the mobile unit voiced same complaint. The agent there tried calling CS himself n no one picked up.

Considering my experience with calling, I chose to email instead, and that's wot I've been using with em.
I was told via email that I need N100 for the BIS and an extra N100 to cancel my bis subscription.

Is this how the network operates? Or that particular agent was wrong?

Can u cancel the N1500 n N3000 subscriptions after expiry?

Has your experience with their customer care been nice?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Etisalat by LordReed(m): 10:55am On Sep 12, 2012
I too was suckered by Etisalat this same way, uncancellable BIS subscription. Mine was cancelled by one of their CS people after I had tried to do it myself for over a week. Funny thing is up till now I get text messages saying my BIS subscription has expired. I just laugh and I have not loaded the line ever since.
Re: My Experience With Etisalat by amblors(m): 12:03pm On Sep 12, 2012
Lord_Reed: I too was suckered by Etisalat this same way, uncancellable BIS subscription. Mine was cancelled by one of their CS people after I had tried to do it myself for over a week. Funny thing is up till now I get text messages saying my BIS subscription has expired. I just laugh and I have not loaded the line ever since.

That's an odd one, they really do have a bad system then.

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Promo Is A Fraud!!!! / Utorrent On Android / Need An Android App? Ask Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.