Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,216 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

The 2006 Mercedes Benz E-350: To Buy Or Not To Buy... - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The 2006 Mercedes Benz E-350: To Buy Or Not To Buy... (2133 Views)

Hmnm... To Buy Or Not To Buy. Mercedes Benz 1988 500 SEC / Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes-benz E-class Coupé - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 2006 Mercedes Benz E-350: To Buy Or Not To Buy... by freezy(m): 5:46pm On Sep 12, 2012
I recently lost my 2007 Honda Accord (Borrowed a friend whilst I was outta town and he said armed robbers collected the car @ gunpoint bal bla bla) and I am on the verge of getting another car. However, the machine that has been on my mind is the 2006 Mercedes Benz E-350. Looking at the cars the dealers in America put up for sale I must say I am impressed with the cars appearance and performace reviews.

Further reviews I read however indicated that this car has a lot of electrical problem which takes weeks to resolve at times. The cost of maintenance also is kinda high with spark plugs (set of 6) alone going as high as 450 USD (NGN 72,000). Some even advised I get the VMI (Vehicle maintenance inquiry) document before comitting to buying any of these guys (E-350). I really do not mind maintenance costs, but I'd if the car is prone to such faults especially as it shall be doing a lot of mileage on Naija roads.

So, professionals in the house, y'all that have dealt with this car one way or the other. . . Please, what is your take on this? Is the car a good buy or am I setting myself up for plenty of worries ahead? Would you advise I go ahead or would it be wise to change lanes?

Thanks.
Re: The 2006 Mercedes Benz E-350: To Buy Or Not To Buy... by jkingx(m): 7:01am On Sep 15, 2012
I've owned and driven three Mercedes and I'm currently driving an E320 and I can tell you there is no car as reliable and as durable as a benz. You got the dough, go for one.
Re: The 2006 Mercedes Benz E-350: To Buy Or Not To Buy... by sultaan(m): 4:05pm On Sep 15, 2012
jkingx: I've owned and driven three Mercedes and I'm currently driving an E320 and I can tell you there is no car as reliable and as durable as a benz. You got the dough, go for one.

X2
Re: The 2006 Mercedes Benz E-350: To Buy Or Not To Buy... by tampa1871: 9:56pm On Sep 16, 2012
I will say "GO-FOR-IT" without hesitation, no other car like Mercedes, I have driven 190E 2.6 liters Engine, C230, E430 and I currently own S430 and ML350. As long as you change the oil regularly, you have no worries. The plugs are goog for 100,000 Miles. Other than brake and probably shocks in case of Nigeria, you should have no worries. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of 05 MDX Transmission - P0741 Issue / Car Headrests. / Help Me Check If This Is Genuine As Custom Paper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.