Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,171 members, 7,825,658 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

How To Setup A Cyber Cafe - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Setup A Cyber Cafe (2162 Views)

Centrex Team Honored Capt Femi Ayodele A Cyber Security Ambassador / How To Run A Cyber Cafe Without Paying A Monthly Subscription / How Internet Service Providers ISP Cheat Cyber Cafe Owners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Setup A Cyber Cafe by ikmomen(m): 6:51pm On Sep 12, 2012
pls i nid advice on how to set a cyber cafe especially on internet connection.

i want to use a sg modem/router.

so how do i network the computers and the timer software to use

1 Like

Re: How To Setup A Cyber Cafe by yankeyj: 10:33am On Sep 13, 2012
Yes you can use 3G router/modem and you need network computers all connected to a switch/hub along with your 3G-modem. From there you will need a cyber cafe timer software which you can find for free at www.internetcharger.com, it is free if you have less than 50 computers.
Re: How To Setup A Cyber Cafe by ikmomen(m): 11:06am On Sep 13, 2012
thanks for the reply. pls where can i get the router and switch and at what approximate cost. i dont stay in lagos. Also hw can i restrict download since its based on bandwidth allocation
Re: How To Setup A Cyber Cafe by yinkfad(m): 12:57pm On Sep 13, 2012
i saw ur post on dis site i don't know if u can reach me on dis no so as to talk 1 on 1 to release vital things on how to go abt ur networking stuff. My no is 08038551924. Or e mail me for step by step to follow for ur networking. Ur switch comes in different makers with different prices we have D link which is commonly used d cost is 9500 for 16 ports 10,000 for 24. We have cisco which goes for 14,000 24 port. But ur connections matter most. U can mail me on yinkfad24u@yahoo.com.
Thanks
Re: How To Setup A Cyber Cafe by ikmomen(m): 9:49pm On Sep 13, 2012
thankyou. i have sent you an email
yinkfad: i saw ur post on dis site i don't know if u can reach me on dis no so as to talk 1 on 1 to release vital things on how to go abt ur networking stuff. My no is 08038551924. Or e mail me for step by step to follow for ur networking. Ur switch comes in different makers with different prices we have D link which is commonly used d cost is 9500 for 16 ports 10,000 for 24. We have cisco which goes for 14,000 24 port. But ur connections matter most. U can mail me on yinkfad24u@yahoo.com.
Thanks
Re: How To Setup A Cyber Cafe by yankeyj: 3:31pm On Sep 14, 2012
cyber cafe management softwares don't come with bandwidth limiting, that is done on the network level and they have software for that. most cafes do not worry about monitoring or restricting bandwidth... www.internetcharger.com, monitors printing,scanner and laptops it has many other features... if you still need a bandwidth monitor/restriction let me know..
Re: How To Setup A Cyber Cafe by yinkfad(m): 7:42pm On Sep 14, 2012
yankeyj: cyber cafe management softwares don't come with bandwidth limiting, that is done on the network level and they have software for that. most cafes do not worry about monitoring or restricting bandwidth... www.internetcharger.com, monitors printing,scanner and laptops it has many other features... if you still need a bandwidth monitor/restriction let me know..

well i have not mentioned anythin g that has to do with bandwith limitation or whatsoever therefore the reason for quoting me i don't know but if u need a software avoidable for cafe use i can also sale one for u the name is Microtik.

(1) (Reply)

A 22-year-old Nigerian ‘invents’ Generator That Uses Water, Not Petrol / Photos Of Very Big Fish Caught In A Lake In Delta State / Nigeria's Own UFO Sightings (video)�

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.