Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Glo Dubious Way Of Siphoning Money From My Sim Card - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Dubious Way Of Siphoning Money From My Sim Card (2779 Views)

Imagine What I Got From Mtn Again After Countlessly Registering My Sim / How Do I Stop Facebook Daily Subscription Charges From My Sim / How Do I Know My SIM Is Registered? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Dubious Way Of Siphoning Money From My Sim Card by biometrics: 7:48pm On Sep 12, 2012
There have been several cases that my fund disappeared from my sim card since February this year.

For example, when i subscribed to GLO one day browsing (#500). I wont be able to use it to browse for 24hours unless i subscribed for a month subscription (N1000). Whenever i loaded my phone with N2,000 to N3,000 plus. The credit disappeared and when i called the customer care, I was told that I used the fund for browsing. How could I used the fund for browsing when i have subscribed for 250mb (N1,000) and I still have bandwidth data of 75mb left in my account-modem because i monitored my browsing. We argued it but it is a pre-paid.

They told me to call 444, 333 but these two numbers were not working.

Today,0404 called me and told me to subscribed to Health tips by pressing 1. I refused to subscribe by pressing 1 but press END CALL button.

Now, I find them the 0404 health tip pack sending me sms that I have not subscribed (N100). I called customer-care and i was told to pick 3 for complaint which told me that 3 is incorrect. After 2hours, I called and pressed 3 for complaint and it wasn't going and the call dropped. I called again and picked 1 for enquiry.

It went through after 15 minutes of holding, customer-care spoke with and said i have subscribed and i enquired from her. How could that be when i did not press 1 for subscription. I ONLY END THE CALL BY PRESSING END KEY. Customer-care said " sorry for the inconvenience" but i asked her can that be used to refund my money back. Sorry can't buy anything this is fund no mater how small it is.

Formally they have been removing thousands from my account i refused to load higher denomination (credit) now that i am loading N500. Then have been removing N100 per month now. The next thing she told me was "...the service has been subscription for, can I remove the service" but I asked her why was the service installed on my line when I did not subscription for it - I did not press 1 for subscription.

Conspiracy - Glo, the owner of the 0404 just want money whether you subscribed or not. It has been programmed that when one picked the call, you will be subscribed automatically, if not WHY WAS MY FUND (N100)REMOVED. Stealing technique - N100 x 10000 subscribers will be N1,000,000 - ONE MILLION NAIRA.

There is fraud in the telecommunication ?

Below is the clip of what transpire with GLO-customer-care.
Re: Glo Dubious Way Of Siphoning Money From My Sim Card by biometrics: 8:05pm On Sep 12, 2012
If you have encountered this same problem, please share your experience.
Re: Glo Dubious Way Of Siphoning Money From My Sim Card by timbros(m): 9:16pm On Sep 12, 2012
I always get this irritating message from 2012 almost every 10hrs and they come in pairs. The first one will come with message like BONUS for 08056****** (as in my number). Answer the following question for 1,000 points blah blah blah..then another message will follow wit the said question.

It got so irritating that i replied wit CANCEL to 2012 with hope to opt out of the suscription (of which i dont know when i suscribed) the next thing i know, #100 was deducted from my account. To make matters worst, the messages came flooding in now. It seems i triggered something. Now almost every hour a pair of message comes in.

I dont know what to do to stop this messages coming in. My inbox is almost full. I keep deleting and deleting to no avail. Na by force to win bonus I tire for glo ooooo.

I plan to go to their offfice and complain. Maybe they will stop the message invasion in my phone....
Re: Glo Dubious Way Of Siphoning Money From My Sim Card by luluosas(m): 4:18pm On Sep 15, 2012
biometrics: If you have encountered this same problem, please share your experience.
OP, I couldn't quote your first post because, it is too large for my phone to add on.
To be honest with you, my ribs almost cracked while reading your post. You know what?
Glo does not remove your money as you are have stated. You are actually spending the money 'unnecessary' because, you have 'limited' informations regarding how to maximize the usage of your data.
Now, you must understand that, Glo has different internet settings on their network and until you are using the correct settings, in this case which is 'gloflat', your money will keep vanishing from your account, even if you subscribe to a data plan.
Solution: Please, check whether 'gloflat' is the default settings on your device. If on a mobile phone, you can text 'gloflat' to 1234 and they will push the settings to you but, if on a modem, you have to manually set it up, if it not the default or if you are using an unlocked modem.
As for the case of 0404 you spoke about, it is 4040. It is called Glo Subscription Pack, where you can subscribe to various pack raging from Health, Beauty, Facts etc. When subscribe, you will be getting 2 sms everyday for 30 days, with a subscription fee of N90 not N100 as you said, which is always deducted at N45 every 2 weeks.
Usually, 2 days to the expiration of your subscription, you will receive a text message notifying you that, your subscription will be renewed. Now, because the renewal is automatic, when your account in less than N45, it will not occur until anytime money suddenly shows up in your account. They will 'silently' deduct without informing you any longer.
Meanwhile, I can confidently tell you that, you actually press 1 when 4040 called you. This is so because, I have been answering that call times without number and ENDING the call myself, without Glo auto subscribing me.
Anyway, to be continued......
Re: Glo Dubious Way Of Siphoning Money From My Sim Card by luluosas(m): 4:25pm On Sep 15, 2012
^^^^ Continues.....
To therefore put an end to the 4040 drama, please, text UNSUB HEALTH (if health is the pack) to 4040 now. This will permanently unsubscribe you from the Glo Subscription Pack sms, though you will still be receiving calls from 4040 sometimes. Do take note. Thank you.
NB: Did any Glo customer agent on 121 actually asked you to call 333? That agent need to be sack. For God sake, 333 is the customer care service number for Glo prepaid BlackBerry users. 444 is the correct customer care number for Glo HSI options. If your calls are not going through, call again some other times, you may succeed by then.
Re: Glo Dubious Way Of Siphoning Money From My Sim Card by luluosas(m): 4:59pm On Sep 15, 2012
timbros: I always get this irritating message from 2012 almost every 10hrs and they come in pairs. The first one will come with message like BONUS for 08056****** (as in my number). Answer the following question for 1,000 points blah blah blah..then another message will follow wit the said question.

It got so irritating that i replied wit CANCEL to 2012 with hope to opt out of the suscription (of which i dont know when i suscribed) the next thing i know, #100 was deducted from my account. To make matters worst, the messages came flooding in now. It seems i triggered something. Now almost every hour a pair of message comes in.

I dont know what to do to stop this messages coming in. My inbox is almost full. I keep deleting and deleting to no avail. Na by force to win bonus I tire for glo ooooo.

I plan to go to their offfice and complain. Maybe they will stop the message invasion in my phone....
Guy! Why are you saying this as if you are the only using Glo services here?
The Glo Season 3 of text4Millions is currently using the short code 2012, for the sms base promo. Every text message to 2012 is billed at N100/sms and subscribers participation is personal (optional).
Now, whether you are participating on this promo or not, yhe fact that you are a prepaid Glo subscriber lives you with no options than to be receiving the promo text messages in your phone from time to time because, it is a promotional offer from Glo, which they don't have any obligation to you before they can push the sms to you.
You can actually enroll to play the game with only 1 free sms from 1212.
However, should you decides to end your participation on the game, text STOP to 1212 free of charge and you will never receive those sms again. Remember, text STOP to 1212, not 2012 otherwise, your N100 will be deducted again. Thank you.
Re: Glo Dubious Way Of Siphoning Money From My Sim Card by luluosas(m): 5:10pm On Sep 15, 2012
timbros: I always get this irritating message from 2012 almost every 10hrs and they come in pairs. The first one will come with message like BONUS for 08056****** (as in my number). Answer the following question for 1,000 points blah blah blah..then another message will follow wit the said question.

Guy! Why are you saying this as if you are the only using Glo services here?
The Glo Season 3 of text4Millions is currently using the short code 2012, for the sms base promo. Every text message to 2012 is billed at N100/sms and subscribers participation is personal (optional).
Now, whether you are participating on this promo or not, yhe fact that you are a prepaid Glo subscriber lives you with no options than to be receiving the promo text messages in your phone from time to time because, it is a promotional offer from Glo, which they don't have any obligation to you before they can push the sms to you.
You can actually enroll to play the game with only 1 free sms from 1212.
However, should you decides to end your participation on the game, text STOP to 1212 free of charge and you will never receive those sms again. Remember, text STOP to 1212, not 2012 otherwise, your N100 will be deducted again. Thank you.
Re: Glo Dubious Way Of Siphoning Money From My Sim Card by timbros(m): 7:32am On Sep 16, 2012
^^^ Thanks man. I just did that and got a text that i wont recieve any message from 2012 again. Thanks again.
Re: Glo Dubious Way Of Siphoning Money From My Sim Card by luluosas(m): 2:28pm On Sep 17, 2012
timbros: ^^^ Thanks man. I just did that and got a text that i wont recieve any message from 2012 again. Thanks again.
You are welcome.
Re: Glo Dubious Way Of Siphoning Money From My Sim Card by Mrdigitech(m): 8:43am On Jul 02, 2014
Please you people she drop your Glo lines and switch over to other networks. GLO NIGERIA ARE THEIVES, They just stole my credit yesterday. This is the second time this is happening to me in 3 months. They secretly subscribe you to some scamming service only to be deducting you credit especially when you recharge frequently. I called their customer care to complain this morning to complain, they said the dedudcted it because of a 3081 service which I have never heard of or subscribed to. I recharge my phone at least four times a week. I am tired of their scamming policy against the innocent masses. PLEASE BE WARNED

(1) (Reply)

Buying Scrap ( Useless,broken,worst Conditioned) Mobile Phone. / Samsung Galaxy J2 Budget Friendly Super AMOLED Display Phone Official launch / iPhone 6s plus 64gb 70k firm. Sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.