Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? (22169 Views)

Leagoo Lead 5, A Quad-core Android 4.4 Smartphone / Why BIS Is Cheaper Compared To Other Data Plans / Is The Iphone 5 A Cheap Plastic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by KingAyo300: 9:28am On Sep 13, 2012
I am a very happy iPhone user! maybe a bit of a fanboy I have used 3 previous iPhones I am currently using a 4s (have never had a single problem with it!) was wondering why people felt the iPhone 5 was a disappointment? comparing the Galaxy S2 to the S3 the upgrades were more of a disappointment and the S3 is basically the same as the iPhone 5, the S3 didn't bring any breakthrough technology neither so why all the negativity towards apple?[img][/img]
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 13, 2012
its a natural reaction. U get to see many rumoured designs (maybe na samsung dey sponsor them sef, i no know grin grin), holographic display bla bla, d main thing is released and u will b disappointed.. wait a few days, see d Apple marketting unit make some cool adverts before preorder, and u see dem making 4million sales in 3 days. Its d normal trend bro.....

1 Like

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by damola1: 12:24pm On Sep 13, 2012
D phone never even come out...relax abeg... use it, feel it, experience it... b4 you punch it
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 13, 2012
From initial reviews
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 13, 2012
From initial reviews, it doesn't look like there's anyting ground-breaking about it.
Aside from its smaller size and larger screen, nothing much that is new by way of firmware or even functionality.
The reason it will still sell is that most peeps love new things, and it's normal for apple products to shift units in their millions.
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by coogar: 12:28pm On Sep 13, 2012
KingAyo300: I am a very happy iPhone user! maybe a bit of a fanboy I have used 3 previous iPhones I am currently using a 4s (have never had a single problem with it!) was wondering why people felt the iPhone 5 was a disappointment? comparing the Galaxy S2 to the S3 the upgrades were more of a disappointment and the S3 is basically the same as the iPhone 5, the S3 didn't bring any breakthrough technology neither so why all the negativity towards apple

because people often get tired of the same product making the waves year in year out.....generally, people beef continuous success. if one fails all the time, they complain...if one succeeds all the time, they still complain. 12 months is a very short period to come up with another great innovation. there's no significant difrerence between the s2 and the s3 but people expect a massive difference between the 4s and 5......it's pure fuckery!

3 Likes

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 13, 2012
Have u tried using another phone apart from iphone. Believe me, d iphone is a fantastic phone, but breathtaking, has to b really innovative...nd sori but d iphone 5 features I saw, r not innovative. Even d lumia 920 has better features dan d sg3.
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 13, 2012
I use an iphone4s and have always been an iPhone fan. I have not used a samsung phone, so I can't really compare them both. I love my iPhone and have never regretted using one

1 Like

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by coogar: 12:36pm On Sep 13, 2012
tumababa: its a natural reaction. U get to see many rumoured designs (maybe na samsung dey sponsor them sef, i no know grin grin), holographic display bla bla, d main thing is released and u will b disappointed.. wait a few days, see d Apple marketting unit make some cool adverts before preorder, and u see dem making 4million sales in 3 days. Its d normal trend bro.....

personally, i have never been impressed with samsung. the body is plastic, it's fat and the software is substandard!
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by Remmyode(m): 12:39pm On Sep 13, 2012
Dear Nlanders, I've read so much about the bashing of an Apple product on this forum in time past and I decided to share my opinion/experience about the iGadget. I'm not an advocate for high pricing mac product but I'm someone who loves gadget to a fault. Talking about phones, as much as I dislike the high pricing of iPhone/Mac products, that's how much I appreciate the DURABILITY of iPhones/ mac product. A lifes span of an iPhone/mac product is more than 6years if used 14hrs a day the way I do which gives it value for the money. I've used all sort of gadgets ranging from mp3, laptops, phones, games, cameras but the Mac experience stand out as other gadget will wornout before an Apple product. Before I bought my MacBook pro 2years ago, I used to change laptop every year but the experience has changed with Macbook pro. The system is still as intact as ever and I'm sure is going to take me to another 3years. Now buying a laptop for #150k every year for 6years and buyin a MacBook pro for #300k-400k for 6years which one is economically sensible? The thing is apple comes with a class and quality that other gadget marker has not match in recent innovation and that's why they will remain most patronised for years to some. iLike it or iLeave it!

7 Likes

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 13, 2012
coogar:

personally, i have never been impressed with samsung. the body is plastic, it's fat and the software is substandard!

True, there is this samsung phone my colleague has at work, it's very wide in size like a TV,it could be the samsung s(whatever they call it) but mehnnnnn is it fat? It did feel like plastic when i Held it I couldn't hold it with one hand, as opposed to iPhone that I can type and still hold it with same hand
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by coogar: 12:47pm On Sep 13, 2012
jennykadry:

True, there is this samsung phone my colleague has at work, it's very wide in size like a TV,it could be the samsung s(whatever they call it) but mehnnnnn is it fat? I couldn't hold it in one hand, as opposed to iPhone that I can type and still hold it with same hand

strictly designed for agbada pocket! if you attempt to put it in your jeans, the seams would snap. cheesy

1 Like

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 13, 2012
coogar:

strictly designed for agbada pocket! if you attempt to put it in your jeans, the seams would snap. cheesy

I swear, that thing Is massive in size shocked . It felt very light, like plastic when I held it. Too big you have to stretch the muscles in your hand to hold it grin
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by sniperwolf(m): 12:51pm On Sep 13, 2012
Will it be fair to say that the iPhone copied the Galaxy with larger screen size
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 13, 2012
Isnt Samsung paying off apple?
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 13, 2012
I don't dig it - design wise (but the reduced size is still impressive though)

There are some preview pics I saw that were Uber-cool. Maybe the main change is in the "IOS". and that 4" screen will have you flipping to landscape every now and then. Al in All, it's still a bit too early for conclusions.

Heard unlocked versions will be available the moment sales begin (in the UK), anyone confirm this?

I'd invest in a Factory Unlocked iPhone anyday.
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by wandeay: 12:58pm On Sep 13, 2012
I cant even compare it with Samsung SII, what is the relevance without FM Radio, Java enabled, and microSD slot, no new thing, still the same 8MP camera, 4 inches screen size, SII has 4.3 Inches, etc

3 Likes

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by coogar: 12:58pm On Sep 13, 2012
jennykadry: Isnt Samsung paying off apple?

they are paying about $1 billion but the money is nothing to both companies. apple just want to humiliate samsung!

sniperwolf: Will it be fair to say that the iPhone copied the Galaxy with larger screen size

copying larger screen size? really?
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 13, 2012
Tha money can change my lineage grin

4 Likes

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by coogar: 1:08pm On Sep 13, 2012
jennykadry: Tha money can change my lineage grin

with that money, you would chase your state governor and first lady out of the government house and rule for the next 8 yrs.
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:08pm On Sep 13, 2012
KingAyo300:

comparing the Galaxy S2 to the S3 the upgrades were more of a disappointment and the S3 is basically the same as the iPhone 5[img][/img]

read the above excerpt from your post.

read it like 10 times.

walk away get a drink, relax think about it well

then read it again.

maybe then you will then understand why people are disappointed that a supposed innovative company released a phone exactly similar to one released months ago by the competition.

one would be forgiven for assuming the next phone should be visibly better than the previous iterations.
other than a larger screen can you categorically say this is better than the 4S?

frankly, the only pple disappoited are the apple fanboys who actually wanted to be able to brag that the phone is the best in everything, and have concrete facts to prove it.

as for the software, only pple like coogar think ios6 is better than jellybean. nuffsaid

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by wandeay: 1:08pm On Sep 13, 2012
Remmyode: Dear Nlanders, I've read so much about the bashing of an Apple product on this forum in time past and I decided to share my opinion/experience about the iGadget. I'm not an advocate for high pricing mac product but I'm someone who loves gadget to a fault. Talking about phones, as much as I dislike the high pricing of iPhone/Mac products, that's how much I appreciate the DURABILITY of iPhones/ mac product. A lifes span of an iPhone/mac product is more than 6years if used 14hrs a day the way I do which gives it value for the money. I've used all sort of gadgets ranging from mp3, laptops, phones, games, cameras but the Mac experience stand out as other gadget will wornout before an Apple product. Before I bought my MacBook pro 2years ago, I used to change laptop every year but the experience has changed with Macbook pro. The system is still as intact as ever and I'm sure is going to take me to another 3years. Now buying a laptop for #150k every year for 6years and buyin a MacBook pro for #300k-400k for 6years which one is economically sensible? The thing is apple comes with a class and quality that other gadget marker has not match in recent innovation and that's why they will remain most patronised for years to some. iLike it or iLeave it!
dont forget all new Samsung products now comes with 2 years warranty, if its no durable, they would hav just gave 1 year(normal warranty)
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 13, 2012
watch the iphone 5 video on http://www.apple.com/iphone/ see if there is nothin new. na d thing wey dey make dem sell 4million in 3days b dat.
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by Hugoboi(m): 1:16pm On Sep 13, 2012
wandeay: I cant even compare it with Samsung SII, what is the relevance without FM Radio, Java enabled, and microSD slot, no new thing, still the same 8MP camera, 4 inches screen size, SII has 4.3 Inches, etc

Plese don't say what u don't know. The iPhone 5 comes with a retina display and 28MP camera
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:24pm On Sep 13, 2012
Hugoboi:

Plese don't say what u don't know. The iPhone 5 comes with a retina display and 28MP camera

kindly give us a link to the source of this your information.

pretty weird how u knuckleheads make a fool of yourselves for no reason. its not like u were compelled to post this tripe

3 Likes

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by coogar: 1:26pm On Sep 13, 2012
4llerbuntu:
as for the software, only pple like coogar think ios-6 is better than jellybean. nuffsaid

ios 6 compared to jellybean?
only in a parallel universe would jellybean ace the ios-6....
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:29pm On Sep 13, 2012
coogar:

ios 6 compared to jellybean?
only in a parallel universe would jellybean ace the ios-6....

erm..... ok.

start a thread on friday, pls do ur research and be ready to defend IOS6 VS JELLYBEAN.

just be careful not to spoil ur cred tongue i can assure u it won't be an easy job
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by xcubed(m): 1:50pm On Sep 13, 2012
sniperwolf: Will it be fair to say that the iPhone copied the Galaxy with larger screen size

The screen is not larger. Just longer.
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by coogar: 1:51pm On Sep 13, 2012
4llerbuntu:

erm..... ok.

start a thread on friday, pls do ur research and be ready to defend IOS6 VS JELLYBEAN.

just be careful not to spoil ur cred tongue i can assure u it won't be an easy job

why friday? why not now?
you want to compare the siri on ios-6 to google's voice search on jellybean? siri is now integrated with facebook, twitter, etc(you can update your status on those social media now with your voice)....google voice cannot do that! apps can now be opened with your voice on apple, google cannot muster that yet!

then notifications....apple can push notification to the lock screen....
itunes vs google play is no brainer.....apple has a store in almost every country in the world

then you look at the transition of the operating system from one upgrade to the other....apple users can get this easily but the jellybean fans are @ the mercy of their network providers. abeg, apple trumps jelly-bean, its not even funny!
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by Scarpon(m): 1:53pm On Sep 13, 2012
Samsung rubber case or not is still the best big screen, memory card slot, radio easy to swap batteries. With iphone 5 the battery is attached to the case.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by xcubed(m): 1:53pm On Sep 13, 2012
4llerbuntu:

kindly give us a link to the source of this your information.

pretty weird how u knuckleheads make a fool of yourselves for no reason. its not like u were compelled to post this tripe

Yo chill, in Paronama mode the quality is 28mp through the 8mp lens it's on the apple website apple.com/iphone and it was on the keynote yesterday.
Re: iPhone 5 A Disappointment Compared To Samsung Galaxy S3? by coogar: 1:55pm On Sep 13, 2012
Scarpon: Samsung rubber case or not is still the best big screen, memory card slot, radio easy to swap batteries. With iphone 5 the battery is attached to the case.

why do you need to swap batteries? shiny, glossy rubber case does not epitomise class!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Naira Devaluation: Expect Price Hike, Telcos Tell Subscribers / How To Increase The Charging Rate Of Your Smartphone / Official List Of Infinix Smartphones To Receive Android 8 Oreo Update And Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.