Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam (48828 Views)

Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism / Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? / Similarities Between Christianity And African Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam by Gwaine(m): 4:41pm On Jun 18, 2006
@TayoD,
I've enjoyed everyone's contributions in the topic, and I'm particularly
much helped by mlks_baby's and yours - and yes, you're right, every
individual is unique. I don't think mlks_baby hates Muslims even though
she's very strong in her replies. It wasn't until I read her entries that
I finally decided to join the Forum and since then have tried to have a
second look at Islam. It just doesn't make sense for the Qur'an to have
endorsed the Bible sometime and then discountenanced it altogether.
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam by ajia23(m): 5:48pm On Jun 19, 2006
@ Gwaine

You really have chosen a really queer way and response to syrups questions. She said you should provide back up for your claim that the Quran has been manipulated. and you in turn say Olabowale should prove that it has not. It is a well known and established practice in law, that the onus of proof lies on the accuser. I still await your proof, otherwise, all you are doing is mere pontification and play with words.

TayoD
From what Isaho said, and mlks_baby's response, he never alluded to hate of muslims, and I think she has given the most appropriate response, so it may be good for you not to be her unsolicited advocate.
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam by TayoD(m): 6:11pm On Jun 19, 2006
@ajia23
@mlks babe,
I am touched by the death of your boyfriend, please accept my sincere condolence. I can really see from your postings that men,this lady has a passionate hatred for Islam and the Muslims
Am I reading incorrectly or you are the one not reading well at all. This is a direct accusation of hatred at the young lady. How you interprete this to say that Isaho wasn't accusing mlks_baby of hatred just beats my imagination.

This is an open forum where anyone can respond to anything posted here. mlks_baby is my flesh and bone (like every christian), and I have every right to defend her especially if she is being mis-represented. You may be blind to Isaho's accusation, but I am not.
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam by ajia23(m): 6:39pm On Jun 19, 2006
@ TayoD

I am so sorry, I must have overlooked the accusation. I indeed affirm that he did accuse her, but I also must say, she has already allayed his fears in her response, and it is pointless to whip it up again, otherwise, it may be seen as mischief making after the trouble has been settled.

I regret my error once more.
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam by TayoD(m): 6:51pm On Jun 19, 2006
@ ajia23,

Apology accepted. And for the records, you need to read my entire response to isaho to understand why I refered to mlks_baby. I just wanted to show that he came to the wrong conlusions about what he had to say.
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam by Gwaine(m): 7:58pm On Jun 19, 2006
@ajia23,

Glad to read from you again and hope that we can have a dialogue in good spirits.

What you need to understand is that my style is unique, as I believe everyone else
has his/hers. I shied off leaving too many references from either the Qur'an or Bible
in deference/respect to olabowale's and trust that he might ask me to provide any
reference - to which I'd be glad to share them with him. That does not amount to
asking him to provide "proof" of anything, as nothing in my reply suggested that.
All I said was that "I'd be glad to share on those as soon as olabowale provides
counter claims to my reply
" - which is not the same as asking him to prove anything
about the Qur'an.

I understand the sensitive nature of discourses like this and I try not to offend the
religious sensitivity of people. That's the reason why I was reserved up until now.

It would have been great if syrup had showed up to confirm that I've tried to share
the references with her by email after she left me an offline. I haven't heard from
her but hope that she's got some answers. This is why I don't agree with your
statement that I was being queer in responding to syrup's enquiry; and I'm not
in any way attempting what you're suggesting.

Indeed, I'd only be glad to share my notes on the Forum as regards the enquiry and
will do so soon as time permits. Thank you for your observations and concern.
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam by ajia23(m): 3:48pm On Jun 20, 2006
@ Gwaine

I would kindly request that you share your notes with me too if you would rather not share it on this thread. Thanks
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam by Gwaine(m): 4:52pm On Jun 20, 2006
@ajia23,

I'll share them soon on the Forum so all could benefit in one way or the
other, hoping at the same time that no one would feel uneasy at what
they read. Thanks for your patience.
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam by ISAHO(m): 2:02am On Jun 22, 2006
My APOLOGY! I might have used the wrong word but my intension was not to accuse her.

I believe she understands what i actually meant from the way she responded.
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam by Logical(m): 4:35am On Jun 22, 2006
This thread is still on?
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam by Gwaine(m): 6:19am On Jun 22, 2006
Yes, as long as there's still something to say.
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam by ajia23(m): 7:12am On Jun 22, 2006
Logical,
I miss you, where have you been?
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam by Logical(m): 7:50am On Jun 22, 2006
Being busy brother, anyway glad you are around to represent Islam smiley
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam by syrup(f): 10:48am On Jun 26, 2006
@Gwaine,

Gwaine:

It would have been great if syrup had showed up to confirm that I've tried to share
the references with her by email after she left me an offline. I haven't heard from
her but hope that she's got some answers. This is why I don't agree with your
statement that I was being queer in responding to syrup's enquiry; and I'm not
in any way attempting what you're suggesting.

Thank you for your patience and for sending me the info about my request - quite illuminating and I understand why you see these matters as "sensitive" (although I wouldn't suppose it would be a big deal afterall). I just wanted to confirm that I've received your mail, and could not have been on the forum earlier as I was very busy with loads of other things. Thank you again, and please keep in touch.
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam by abdulfata: 5:57pm On Jun 27, 2006
[b]http://www.islam101.com/religions/christianity/diffBQ.htm

The Difference between the Bible and the Quran

Based on a transcript of a lecture by Dr. Gary Miller

The Bible is a collection of writings by many different authors. The Qur'an is a dictation. The speaker in the Qur'an - in the first person - is God talking directly to man. In the Bible you have many men writing about God and you have in some places the word of God speaking to men and still in other places you have some men simply writing about history. The Bible consists of 66 small books. About 18 of them begin by saying: This is the revelation God gave to so and so… The rest make no claim as to their origin. You have for example the beginning of the book of Jonah which begins by saying: The word of the Lord came to Jonah the son of Elmitaeh saying… quote and then it continues for two or three pages.

If you compare that to one of the four accounts of the life of Jesus, Luke begins by saying: “many people have written about this man, it seems fitting for me to do so too”. That is all… no claim of saying “ these words were given to me by God here they are for you it is a revelation”, there is no mention of this.

The Bible does not contain self-reference, that is, the word 'Bible' is not in the Bible. Nowhere does the Bible talk about itself. Some scriptures are sometimes pointed to in the Bible, say: Here where it talks about itself, but we have to look closely. 2nd Timothy 3:16 is the favourite which reads: “All scripture is inspired of God” and there are those who would say, here is where the Bible it talks about itself, it says it is inspired of God, all of it. But if you read the whole sentence, you read that this was a letter wrote by Paul to Timothy and the entire sentence says to Timothy: “Since you were a young man you have studied the holy scriptures, all scriptures inspired by God” and so on… When Timothy was a young man the New Testament did not exist, the only thing that stems he was talking about are scriptures – which are only a portion of the Bible - from before that time. It could not have meant the whole Bible.

There is at the end of the Bible a verse which says: “Let anyone who takes away from this book or adds to this book be cursed”. This to is sometimes pointed to me saying: Here is where it sums itself as a whole. But look again and you will see that when it says: Let no one change this book, it is talking about that last book, number 66, the Book of Revelation. It has too, because any reference will tell you that the Book of Revelation was written before certain other parts of the Bible were written. It happens today to be stacked at the end, but there are other parts that came after, so it can not be referring to the entire book.

It is an extreme position held only by some Christian groups that the Bible – in its entirety - cover to cover is the revealed word of God in every word, but they do a clever thing when they mention this, or make this claim. They will say that the Bible in its entirety is the word of God; inerrant (no mistakes) in the original writings. So if you go to the Bible and point out some mistakes that are in it you are going to be told: Those mistakes were not there in the original manuscript, they have crept in so that we see them there today. They are going on problem in that position. There is a verse in the Bible Isaiah 40:8 which in fact is so well known that some Bibles printed it on the inside front cover as an introduction and it says : “ The grass weathers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever”. Here is a claim in the Bible that the word of God will stand forever, it will not be corrupted, it won't be lost. So if today you find a mistake in the Bible you have two choices. Either that promise was false that when God said my word wont fade away, he was mistaken, or the portion which has the mistake in it was not a part of the word of God in the first place, because the promise was that it would be safeguarded, it would not be corrupted.

I have suggested many times that there are mistakes in the Bible and the accusation comes back very quickly: Show me one. Well there are hundreds. If you want to be specific I can mention few. You have for example at 2nd Samuel 10:18 a description of a war fought by David saying that he killed 7000 men and that he also killed 40000 men on horsebacks. In 1st Chronicles 19 it mentions the same episode saying that he killed 70000 men and the 40000 men were not on horsebacks, they were on foot. The point be what is the difference between the pedestrian and not is very fundamental.

Matthew 27:5 says that Judas Iscariot when he died he hung himself. Acts 1 says that no he jumped off a cliff head first. If you study Logic very soon you will come in your course to what they call an “undecidable propositions” or “meaningless sentences” or statements that can not be decided because there is no contextual false. One of the classic examples sited is something called the Effeminites  paradox. This man was Cretan and he said “Cretans always lie”, now was that statement true or false? If he was a Cretan and he says that they always lie is he lying?  If he is not lying then he is telling the truth then the Cretans don’t always lie ! You see it can not be true and it can not be false, the statement turns back on itself. It is like saying  “What I am telling you right now is a lie” would you believe that or not? You see the statement has no true content. It can not be true and it can not be false. If it is true it is always false. If it is false it is also true.

Well in the Bible at Titus 1:12 the writer is Paul and he is talking about the Cretans. He says that one of their own men – a prophet - said “Cretans always lie” and he says that what this man says is true. It is a small mistake, but the point is that it is a human mistake, you don’t find that if you carefully examine the true content of that statement. It can not be a true statement.

Now I come back to the Qur'an, and as I mentioned the speaker in the Qur'an is - in the first person - is God. The book claims throughout that it is the word of God. It names itself 70 times as the Qur'an. It talks about its own contents. It has self-reference. The Qur'an states in the first Sura after Fatiha that “This is the book, there is no doubt in it, it is a guidance for those who are conscious of God” and so on and so on… It begins that way and continues that way stressing that. And there is one very amazing statement in the Qur'an when you come to the fourth Sura 82nd Ayah which says to those who say Qur'an is something else than the word of God. It challenges them saying: “Have they not considered the Qur'an, if it came from someone other than God they will find in it many mistakes”. Some of you are students, would you dare to hand in a paper after you completed a research work or something at the bottom you put down there “You wont find mistakes in this”. Would you dare to challenge your professor that way?. Well the Qur'an does that. It is telling: If you really think you know where this came from then starts looking for mistakes because you wont find any. Another interesting thing the Qur'an does is that it quotes all its critics. There has never - in hundreds of years - ever been some suggestion as to where that book came from but that the Qur'an does not already mention that objection and reply to it. Many times you will find the Ayah saying something like: Do they say such and such and so, say to them such and such and so. In every case there is a reply. More than that the Qur'an claims that the evidence of its origin is in itself, and that if you look at this book you will be convinced.

http://www.islam101.com/religions/christianity/similarities.htm

SIMILARITIES BETWEEN ISLAM AND CHRISTIANITY
by Dr. Zakir Naik

[center]INTRODUCTION[/center]
Similarities / Similar Teachings in the Qur’an and

the Bible which Muslims follow but Christians don't

I  ISLAM

1.  DEFINITION

A.  Meaning of Islam

(i) Islam is derived from the word salaam meaning peace.

(ii) Submission to the Will of Allah (swt) i.e. God Almighty.

B.  Meaning of ‘Muslim’ – One who submits his will to Allah.

C.  Islam is not a new religion found by Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

2.  MESSENGERS IN ISLAM 

A. (i) To every nation was sent a Guide or a Messenger
     Al-Qur'an 35:24
     Al-Qur'an 13:7

(ii) 25 Prophets mentioned by name in the Qur'an

(iii)Islam is the only non-Christian faith that believes in Jesus (pbuh)

(iv)Stories only of some prophets mentioned in Qur'an
        Al-Qur'an 4:164
        Al-Qur'an 40:78

(v)More than 1,24,000 Messengers according to Hadith

B.(i)Previous Messengers were only sent for their people and nation and their complete message was meant only for a particular time period.

(ii) Moses (pbuh) was only sent for the Jews.

(iii) Jesus (pbuh) sent only for the Jews i.e. lost sheep of Israel.
         Al-Qur'an 3:49
         Mathew 10:5-6
         Mathew 15:24

(iv)Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is the Last and Final Messenger for the
       Whole of Mankind.
       Al-Qur'an 33:40
       Al-Qur'an 21:107
       Al-Qur'an 34:28
       Sahih Bukhari Vol.1 Book of Salaah Chapter 56 Hadith No. 429

(v)Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) prophesised in the Bible.
        Al-Qur'an 7:157
        Al-Qur'an 61:6
        Deuteronomy 18:18
        Isaiah 29:12
        Song of Solomon 5:16
        John 16:7
        John 16:12-14

3.  REVELATIONS OF GOD 

A. Several Revelations sent by Allah – Al-Qur'an 13:38.
    By name only four are mentioned in the Qur’an.

B.(i) The Qur’an is the Last and Final Revelation.

(ii)All previous Revelations before Qur'an were only sent for a particular group of people and for a particular time period

(iii) The Qur’an was Revealed for the Whole of Mankind
     Al-Qur'an 14:1
     Al-Qur'an 14:52
     Al-Qur'an 2:185
     Al-Qur'an 39:41

II PILLARS OF ISLAM:

1.  Tauheed: Monotheism

A. La ilaha ilallahu, Muhammad-ur-Rasoolullah
Sahih Bukhari Vol. 1 Hadith No. 7

B.Believe in Allah and the Last Day, and the Angels and the Book and the Messengers.
   Al-Qur'an 2:177

C.Come to common terms — Worship of one God
    Al-Qur'an 3:64

D. Concept of God
     Al-Qur'an 112:1-4
     Deuteronomy 6:4
     Mark 12:29

E. Shirk – Biggest Sin
    Al-Qur'an 4:48
    Al-Qur'an 4:116
    Exodus 20:2-5
    Deuteronomy 5:7-9

F. Jesus (pbuh) not God. He never claimed Divinity
    Al-Qur'an 5:72
    John 14:28
    John 10:29
    Mathew 12:28
    Luke 11:20
    John 5:30
    Acts 2:21

G. 99 Attributes of Almighty God
     Al-Qur'an 17:110

H. Prefer using name ‘Allah’ rather than the word ‘God’ as the word ‘God’ can be played around with. Allah in the Bible – Eli, Eli, Lama Sabachthani
    Mark 15:34
    Mathew 27:46

2. Salaah 

A. Not merely Prayers but Programming
    Al-Qur'an 5:90
    Al-Qur'an 2:188

B. Prayers restrain you from shameful and unjust deeds

Al-Qur'an 29:45

C. Salaah timings – for healthy soul five times a day
.   Al-Qur'an 17:78
    Al-Qur'an 20:130

D. Take off shoes before entering mosque.

(i) Commandment of Allah to Moses
    Al-Qur'an 20:11-12
    Exodus 3:5
    Acts 7:33

(ii) Can Pray with Shoes.
     Sunan Abu Dawood – Vol. 1, Book of Salaah, Chapter 240,
     Hadith No. 652-653.

(iii) Hygienic

E. Ablution

(i) Al-Qur'an 5:6
     Exodus 40:31-32
     Acts 21:26

(ii) Hygienic

(iii) Mental Preparation

F. Stand shoulder to shoulder, while praying –
    Sahih Bukhari – Vol. 1, Book of Adhan Chapter 75 Hadith no. 692
    Abu Dawood – Vol. 1, Book of Salaah Chapter 245 Hadith No. 666.

G. Sujud – Prostration

(i) To humble your mind, humble your body

(ii) Sujud mentioned 92 times in the Qur’an
     Al-Qur'an 3:43
     Al-Qur'an 22:77

(iii) Prostration in the Bible
     Genesis 17:3; Numbers 20:6
      Joshua 5:14; Mathew 26:39

3. Zakaah

A. Meaning: Purification and Growth

B. Description: 2.5% of saving every lunar year in charity
     Al-Qur'an 9:60

C. If every human being gives Zakaah, not a single person will die of hunger.

D. "Wealth does not circulate only amongst the wealthy and the rich"
    Al-Qur'an 59:7

E. I Peter 4:8

4. SAUM - FASTING

A. Description – one lunar month i.e. during the month of Ramadaan every lunar year, Muslims fast, i.e. abstain from food and drinks from sunrise till sunset.

B. Benefits: learn self restraint. If you can control your hunger you can control almost all your desires. It enhances spiritual awareness.
    Al-Qur'an 2:183

C. Medical Benefits: 

(a) Increases absorption capacity of intestines 

(b) Lowers cholestrol.

D. Discourages smoking, alcoholism and other addictions.

E. Bible prescribes Fasting
     Mathew 17:21
    Mark 9:29

5. HAJJ

A. Description – Pilgrimage atleast once in life time if you can afford it

B. Universal Brotherhood – 2.5 million people from all over the world gather, wear two pieces of unsewn cloth, preferably white. Cannot differentiate between rich and poor.
    Al-Qur'an 49:13

C. Significance of Kaaba – Muslims don’t worship it
     Psalms 84:4-7

III  ISLAM IS A COMPLETE WAY OF LIFE
    These five pillars do not constitute complete Islam. Only if the pillars are strong, will the structure be strong.

1. HUMANS CREATED TO WORSHIP ALLAH

A.   Jinn and Man created for worship of Allah
      Al-Qur'an 51:56

B.  Meaning of Ibadaah – root word Abd meaning ‘slave’.

2. OBEYING COMMANDMENTS OF ALLAH IS SUBMITTING YOUR WILL TO ALLAH

A.  Abstaining from alcohol
     Al-Qur'an 5:90
     Proverbs 20:1
     Ephesians 5:18

B.  Abstaining from prohibited food
     Al-Qur'an 5:5
     Al-Qur'an 2:173, 5:3, 6:145, 16:115

(i)  Dead meat
      Leviticus 17:15
     Deuteronomy 14:21

(ii) Blood
     Genesis 9:4, Leviticus 17:14, Deuteronomy 12:16,
     I Samuel 14:33, Acts 15:29

(iii)  Pork is prohibited
       Leviticus 11:7-8
       Deuteronomy 14:8
       Isaiah 65:2-5

(vi) Food on which names beside Allah have been invoked
      Acts 15:29; Revelation 2:14

C.  (i) Being Honest in your Business

(ii) Helping Neighbours
          Al-Qur'an 107:1-7

(iii)Abstaining from Backbiting
         Al-Qur'an 104:1-3
         Al-Qur'an 49:11-12

(iv)Obeying and Respecting Parents
      Al-Qur'an 17:23, 24

(v) Celibacy or Monasticism is prohibited in Islam
     Sahih Bukhari: Vol. 7 Book of Nikah, Chapter No. 3, Hadith No. 4

(vi) Loving, being Kind and Just to your Wife
      Al-Qur'an 4:19

(vii) Abstaining from Adultery
       Al-Qur'an 17:32

D.  Dressing Modestly 

(i) Al-Qur'an 24:30
    Mathew 5:27-28

(ii) Al-Qur'an 24:31

(iii)  Six Criteria for Hijab in Islam
       Deuteronomy 22:5
       I Timothy 2:9 e.g. of Mary
       I Corinthians 11:5-6

E.  Circumcision
      Acts 7:8
      John 7:22
      Luke 2:21

F.  In short, every Muslim should follow all the Commandments of Allah (swt) and His Messenger Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and abstain from the things they have prohibited.

CONCLUSION

(a)  If Christian is a person who follows the teachings of Christ (pbuh) and not one who worships Christ (pbuh). (We are more Christian than the Christians themselves).

(b) Muslim is a person who submits his will to Allah.
     Jesus (pbuh) said, "not my will but thy will be done." i.e. Muslim.
     John 5:30

(c)Al-Qur'an 5:82
[/b]
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam by Gwaine(m): 7:02pm On Jun 27, 2006
Welcome on board abdul fata. I have a few questions and observations for your to
consider in the reposting of Dr. Gary Miller's lecture:

From your conclusion:

(a) If Christian is a person who follows the teachings of Christ (pbuh) and not one who worships Christ (pbuh). (We are more Christian than the Christians themselves).

Question #1:
Since when do Muslims start referring to themselves as "Christian" that you run
away with the claim: ("We are more Christian than the Christians themselves"wink?

Let me share a few things about what it means to be a Christian:

(a) A Christian is one who believes and confesses that Jesus Christ is the Son of
the Living God; and that He suffered, died by crucifixion on the Cross by the same
claim to be the Son of God, and that He rose again to ascertain that claim (see a
few of these in Rom. 10:9-12; John 3:16; and Mark 14:61-64).

(b) A Christian is one who truly believes in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and as
a matter of consequence ascribes equal honour to Him as is ascribed to the Father
- because that is what Jesus Himself explicitly stated: "That all men should honour
the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth
not the Father which hath sent him
." (John 5:23).

Now abdul fata, if you haven't started confessing Jesus Christ as "the Son of God"
and giving Him the due honour as He said in John 5:23, are you still convinced you
are "more Christian than the Christians themselves"?

Observation #2:
What "Gospel" of Jesus and "Psalms" of David did the Qur'an endorse or purport to
have been given to David by Allah? (see Sura 17:55 - ". . .and unto David We gave the
Psalms
" - Pickthal). Now, does the Qur'an really want Muslims to believe that its claim
about David's Psalms was genuine - especially when the second Psalm (Psa. 2:12) refers
to the Messiah as the Son of God in whom people should put their trust? It's easy for
the Qur'an to have made a claim that the Allah of Islam gave the Psalms to David; but
do you really know what the Psalms actually said? If David's second Psalm therefore
hinted that the Messiah was the Son of God, how is it that Muslims have never taken the
time to see this for themselves?

And again, when Muslims complain about the "Gospels" as found in the New Testament
of the Bible, they should realise that these were the very same "Gospels" (Injil) that
the Qur'an claims were given to Jesus by Allah (Sura 3:3 - "It is He Who sent down to
thee (step by step), in truth, the Book, confirming what went before it; and He sent
down the Law (of Moses) and the Gospel (of Jesus) before this, as a guide to mankind,
and He sent down the criterion (of judgment between right and wrong).
" - Yusuf Ali).

"It is He Who sent down to thee. . . the Gospel (of Jesus) before this, as a guide to
mankind
" - and the interesting thing here is that the "Gospel" of Jesus included that
of Luke found in the New Testament! It is true that there is no mention of:

"these words were given to me by God here they are for you it is a revelation"

but the Qur'an should have seen that over 14 centuries ago before claiming to have
sent down the "Gospel" of Jesus! So, if Muslims today have a problem accepting it,
they should blame the Qur'an for their troubles - not Christians who still believe what
the Bible says.

What you don't seem to realise is that Dr. Gary Miller is a fine gentleman at making
his own huge mistakes and frantically searching around for who to lay the blame on.
And he picked on Paul - the very same man feared and hated by Muslims from time
past to this day. That is why I still cannot understand why Muslims who are convinced
that the Bible has been corrupted, still quote it to support their story of what they
believed Jesus might have said - just as you quoted John 5:30 at the bottom of your
piece. Question: do you really believe Jesus made that statement in John 5:30, or you
simply referenced it to ease your conscience?

I offer you this simply: check out the claims of the Qur'an especially where it purports
that Allah sent down the Gospel to Jesus and the Psalms to David - and ask yourself
in all honesty if you can confess what the Gospels and Psalms testify? They both tell
of the deity of Jesus as the Son of God, and of His crucifixion and resurrection (read
Psalm 22 as another example). They both ask people to put their trust in Him as the
"Son" of God (see Psalm 2:12). When you are done and still struggle with confessing
Jesus Christ as both what the Gospel and the Psalms testify of Him, then look again
at your conclusion and ask: ARE YOU TRULY MORE "CHRISTIAN" THAN CHRISTIANS
THEMSELVES??
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam by abdulfata: 2:44pm On Jun 28, 2006
Position of Jesus (peace be on him) in Islam:

(i)
Islam is the only non-Christian faith, which makes it an article of faith to believe in Jesus (pbuh). No Muslim is a Muslim if he does not believe in Jesus (pbuh).

(ii)
We believe that he was one of the mightiest Messengers of Allah (swt).

(iii)
We believe that he was born miraculously, without any male intervention, which many modern day Christians do not believe.

(iv)
We believe he was the Messiah translated Christ (pbuh).

(v)
We believe that he gave life to the dead with God’s permission.

(iv)
We believe that he healed those born blind, and the lepers with God’s permission.

II
CONCEPT OF GOD IN CHRISTIANITY:

Jesus Christ (pbuh) never claimed Divinity

One may ask, if both Muslims and Christians love and respect Jesus (pbuh), where exactly is the parting of ways? The major difference between Islam and Christianity is the Christians’ insistence on the supposed divinity of Christ (pbuh). A study of the Christian scriptures reveals that Jesus (pbuh) never claimed divinity. In fact there is not a single unequivocal statement in the entire Bible where Jesus (pbuh) himself says, "I am God" or where he says, "worship me". In fact the Bible contains statements attributed to Jesus (pbuh) in which he preached quite the contrary. The following statements in the Bible are attributed to Jesus Christ (pbuh):

(i) "My Father is greater than I."
[The Bible, John 14:28]

(ii) "My Father is greater than all."
[The Bible, John 10:29]

(iii) "…I cast out devils by the Spirit of God…."
[The Bible, Mathew 12:28]

(iv) "…I with the finger of God cast out devils…."
[The Bible, Luke 11:20]

(v) "I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgement is just; because I seek not my own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me."
[The Bible, John 5:30]

The Mission of Jesus Christ (pbuh) – to Fulfill the Law

Jesus (pbuh) never claimed divinity for himself. He clearly announced the nature of his mission. Jesus (pbuh) was sent by God to confirm the previous Judaic law. This is clearly evident in the following statements attributed to Jesus (pbuh) in the Gospel of Mathew:

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the Prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

"Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven; but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

"For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven."
[The Bible, Mathew 5:17-20]

God Sent Jesus' (pbuh)

The Bible mentions the prophetic nature of Jesus (pbuh) mission in the following verses:

(i)
"… and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me."
[The Bible, John 14:24]

(ii)
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou has sent."
[The Bible, John 17:3]

Jesus Refuted even the Remotest Suggestion of his Divinity

Consider the following incident mentioned in the Bible:

"And behold, one came and said unto him, ‘Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?’

And he said unto him, ‘Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.’ "
[The Bible, Mathew 19:16-17]

Jesus (pbuh) did not say that to have the eternal life of paradise, man should believe in him as Almighty God or worship him as God, or believe that Jesus (pbuh) would die for his sins. On the contrary he said that the path to salvation was through keeping the commandments. It is indeed striking to note the difference between the words of Jesus Christ (pbuh) and the Christian dogma of salvation through the sacrifice of Jesus (pbuh).

Jesus (pbuh) of Nazareth – a Man Approved of God

The following statement from the Bible supports the Islamic belief that Jesus (pbuh) was a prophet of God.

"Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know."
[The Bible, Acts 2:22]

The First Commandment is that God is One

The Bible does not support the Christian belief in trinity at all. One of the scribes once asked Jesus (pbuh) as to which was the first commandment of all, to which Jesus (pbuh) merely repeated what Moses (pbuh) had said earlier:

"Shama Israelu Adonai Ila Hayno Adonai Ikhad."

This is a Hebrew quotation, which means:

"Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord."
[The Bible, Mark 12:29]

It is striking that the basic teachings of the Church such as Trinity and vicarious atonement find no mention in the Bible. In fact, various verses of the Bible point to Jesus’ (pbuh) actual mission, which was to fulfill the law revealed to Prophet Moses (pbuh). Indeed Jesus (pbuh) rejected any suggestions that attributed divinity to him, and explained his miracles as the power of the One True God.

Jesus (pbuh) thus reiterated the message of monotheism that was given by all earlier prophets of Almighty God.

NOTE: All quotations of the Bible are taken from the King James Version.

III
CONCEPT OF GOD IN OLD TESTAMENT:

God is One

The following verse from the book of Deuteronomy contains an exhortation from Moses (pbuh):

"Shama Israelu Adonai Ila Hayno Adna Ikhad".
It is a Hebrew quotation which means:
"Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord"
[The Bible, Deuteronomy 6:4]

Unity of God in the Book of Isaiah

The following verses are from the Book of Isaiah:

(i)
"I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour."
[The Bible, Isaiah 43:11]

(ii)
"I am Lord, and there is none else, there is no God besides me."
[The Bible, Isaiah 45:5]

(iii)
"I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me."
[The Bible, Isaiah 46:9]

Old Testament condemns idol worship

(i)
Old Testament condemns idol worship in the following verses:

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me."

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:"

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God."
[The Bible, Exodus 20:3-5]

(ii)
A similar message is repeated in the book of Deuteronomy:

"Thou shalt have none other gods before me."

"Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that in the earth beneath, or that is in the water beneath the earth."

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them; for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God."
[The Bible, Deuteronomy 5:7-9]
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam by QuranSearc: 3:23pm On Jun 28, 2006
[b]Prophecies about Islam in the Bible - My open challenge to anyone to refute this:

The sections of this article are:

1- My open Challenges #1, 2 and 3.
2- Irrefutable proof from the Bible that Jesus wasn't GOD, and he Prophesied about
the coming of Muhammad (by the name) after him.
3- I challenge you!
4- Conclusion.
5- Rebuttals to this article.

Aside from the many prophecies about Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him in the Bible in this section, I would like to openly challenge any Jewish Rabbi or Christian Priest or Minister to answer the following questions about some prophecies in the Bible that were fulfilled only by Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him:

My open Challenge #1:

In Deuteronomy 33:2, we see Moses peace be upon him predicting that GOD Almighty will execute His Holy Judgement in the city of Paran by 10,000 of Believers:

"And he said, The LORD came from Si'-nai, and rose up from Se'-ir unto them; he shined forth from mount Pa'-ran [Mecca in Arabic], and he came with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them. (From the King James Version Bible, Deuteronomy 33:2)"

We also read about the same prophecy by Prophet Enoch peace be upon him:

"And Enoch [Idris in Arabic, one of Allah Almighty's Prophets peace be upon all of them to the people of Israel.] also, the seventh generation from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord came with ten thousands of his saints, to execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard [speeches] which ungodly sinners have spoken against him. (Jude 1:14-15)"

Now, according to the Islamic history, the city of Mecca (Paran) was liberated by Prophet Muhammad's 10,000-men army. The irrefutable historical proofs for this are located in this article: The story of the 10,000 Muslims who liberated Mecca (Paran) in the Bible.

Now, since these prophecies were foretold in the Bible's Old Testament, I would like to openly challenge any Jewish Rabbi or Christian Priest or Minister to answer the following question for me:

Where in the Bible do we see any Prophet executing the Judgement of GOD Almighty specifically in the city of Paran (Mecca, the city that Abraham took Hagar and Ishmael to)?

If Muhammad who liberated the city of Paran (Mecca) with 10,000 Believing Men (Saints) wasn't the one who fulfilled this Biblical Prophecy, then who was that Prophet?

Wasn't Muhammad through the Divine Religion of Islam the one who ended the idol worshiping of the 365 gods, and ended the brutal slavery and the torturing of women (burying daughters alive at the age of 4 was the pagan Arabs custom)?

Didn't Muhammad bring the Arabs from the total darkness of polytheism and evil to the Light of Worshiping the One True Living GOD Almighty and associated no partners with Him?

Wasn't Muhammad fruitful, and a true man of GOD Almighty?

Again, please visit The story of the 10,000 Muslims who liberated Mecca (Paran) in the Bible.

The proof that the city of Paran is Mecca. See the most recent archeological discoveries that prove that the desert of Paran is located in Saudi Arabia and not in Egypt's Sinai desert.

My open Challenge #2:

Prophet Isaiah peace be upon him prophesied that two leaders whom he called "Chariot" would come -- one riding a donkey, and another riding a camel:

"And he saw a chariot with a couple of horsemen, a chariot of asses, and a chariot of camels; and he hearkened diligently with much heed: (From the King James Version Bible, Isaiah 21:7)"

Who are the "couple of horsemen"? They are Jesus and Muhammad peace be upon them. Let us see the proof:

Jesus fulfilled the riding of the donkey prophecy: "And Jesus, when he had found a young ass, sat thereon; as it is written, (John 12:14)"

The quote "as it is written" is referring to Isaiah 21:7. It is important to know that no where in the New Testament do we see Jesus riding any camel. No where in the New Testament do we see any fulfillment of any kind about the prophecy of riding the camel.

When we look at Muhammad peace be upon him, he rode the camel several times in his life time. The most popular event of him riding the camel is when he migrated from Mecca to Medina to escape the torture of the pagans.

Not only that, but when the Muslims in Medina wanted to build the first Islamic Mosque and the Prophet's humble Home next to it, they had conflicts among each others about the location, because each group/tribe wanted the location to be as near to them as possible. So, to avoid the conflict of "favoritism", the Prophet peace be upon him ordered for his camel to decide the location by letting it walk and settle in the place that it naturally chooses.

This wisdom from Prophet Muhammad which relied solely on his camel solved the problem.

Now, my open challenge to any Jewish Rabbi or Christian Priest or Minister is as follows:

Where in the Bible do we see the riding of the camel Prophecy being fulfilled?

Who in the Bible was the Prophet that rode the camel to fulfill the Prophecy of Isaiah 21:7? The New Testament only fulfills the riding of the donkey prophecy in John 12:14, and it claims that it only fulfilled that prophecy.

There is still a missing fulfillment of the riding of the camel in the New Testament. Why?

If Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him wasn't the one who fulfilled the remaining of Isaiah 21:7 prophecy, then who was that Prophet?

Please visit Isaiah's Vision: He saw Jesus riding a donkey and Muhammad riding a camel. He also saw the destruction of Babylon (i.e. Iraq today) and its idol gods, and replacing them with a Divine Religion (i.e. Islam today).

My open Challenge #3:

In the Old Testament, we read about GOD Almighty promising to create "Great Nations" from Ishmael, Abraham's first Son and the father of the Muslims:

Genesis 12:1-3

1 The LORD had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you.
2 "I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing.
3 I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."

The quote "go to the land I will show you" is referring to the city of Paran (Mecca). See the Biblical proofs here.

The quote "I will make you into a great nation" is quite interesting. How can GOD Almighty call the Muslims, who came from Ishmael, a "great nation" if they are as the modern Christians of today consider them to be "Satan's followers"? How can we be a "great nation" in the eyes of GOD Almighty if we are hated by Him?

The quote "I will bless those who bless you" perfectly fits the Muslims. As you probably know, we Muslims worship Allah Almighty by prostrating to Him. Every time we pray and prostrate, we end our prayer by sitting on our knees and say the following exact quote:

", and bless Prophet Muhammad and the people of Prophet Muhammad, like You blessed Prophet Abraham and the people of Prophet Abraham, "

As you clearly see, we bless Prophet Abraham every single day of our lives when we pray to Allah Almighty. We also do say "peace be upon him" or "peace and blessings be upon him" when we refer to his name or any other Prophet's name.

My open challenge to any Jewish Rabbi or Christian Priest or Minister is:

How can the Muslims be cursed and considered satan followers when GOD Almighty in Genesis 12:3 blesses them because they bless Abraham?

How can the Muslims be cursed by GOD Almighty when they bow down to Him and only Him in prostration?

Yes, the Muslims are the "great nation" that GOD Almighty talked about, they are blessed by Him because they worship non but Him, and they bless Abraham everyday in their Prayers.

Please visit The proof that the city of Paran is Mecca. See the most recent archeological discoveries that prove that the desert of Paran is located in Saudi Arabia and not in Egypt's Sinai desert.

If Islam is so against any form of idol worship, why do they bow to the kaaba? Why do they call it God's House? Do they believe He lives there?

Irrefutable proof from the Bible that Jesus wasn't GOD, and he Prophesied about the coming of Muhammad (by the name) after him:

Please visit my Answering Trinity section to see detailed refutations to every single so-called "trinitarian" verse. The most important articles in this section are:

The absolute Oneness of GOD Almighty in the Bible's Old Testament.

The "God" title in the Bible was given to others in the OT and NT. Answering Isaiah 9:6.

Did Isaiah 53 really prophesies about the crucifixion of Jesus? It supports Islam's claims about Jesus peace be upon him never died on the cross. I also addressed John 19:36-37 from the Bible and proved that Jesus never got crucified, since GOD Almighty promised that he will protect Jesus' body and not let even a single bone be broken. My question to all Christians is: How in the world is it possible for the feet to get nailed on the cross without any penetration to the bones by the nails, hence breaking part of the feet's bones?! I also added refutations to Exodus 12:46, Numbers 9:12, Zechariah 12:10 and Psalm 34:20, which supposedly prove the Christians' belief about Jesus crucifixion. I proved that this dogma has no truth what so ever and exposed the wrong Trinitarian English translation of Zechariah 12:10.

Do People and Angels bowing down to Jesus in Worship really prove that he is the Creator of the Universe? See how the word "Worship" used for Jesus doesn't even exist in the original Greek Bibles. The Trinitarian English translations are nothing but hoaxes and deceptions. The article responds to Matthew 15:9 and other English mistranslated verses in the Bible.

Jesus claimed that whoever saw him saw the Father. Wouldn't that prove that Jesus is GOD Himself (i.e., the Creator of the Universe)?

Did Jesus ever claim to be "Mighty God" or "God"? Responding to the "I and the Father are one. (John 10:30)" claim.

The early Christians rejected Trinity.

Prophet Muhammad mentioned by the name:

In the Gospel of John: Muhammad is mentioned by the name and was foretold in the Gospel of John.

The Aramaic Bible predicts the coming of Muhammad by the exact word.

See also Prophet Muhammad was foretold in the Bible for other events mentioned in the Bible that he fulfilled.

I challenge you!

I challenge you to print this article and all of the links that I provided in colors, and give it to the best Rabbi or Priest or Minister that you know of, and have him respond to it, especially to my questions.

I will link all of the answers/rebuttals that I receive about this article in the "Rebuttals to this article" section below to be fair to my readers.

Conclusion:

Embrace Islam, the Divine Faith of GOD Almighty, and you will be saved!

Rebuttals:

Below are the rebuttals and my responses to them. Please make sure that you send me your rebuttal in either an 'html' or 'doc' format. I will not do much format improvements to your article if it's all unorganized. Sending me a rebuttal in an email or plain text without attaching it as a file to the email in the formats that I mentioned is not acceptable.

Rebuttal by Leonard Lin. My response.
Rebuttal by an anonymous person. My response (coming soon insha'Allah).
Rebuttal by Lee Perl. My response. I exposed the intentional lies made by the NIV Bible's translators in Genesis 16:11-12.
Rebuttal on a Message Board. My response.

Waiting for more rebuttals, [/b]

if you want to mail me u can mail me on this address : QuranSearchCom@yahoo.com
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam by ajia23(m): 3:56pm On Jun 28, 2006
Abdul fata

Wait a go!!! YOU SEEM TO be specialised in comparison. It's good you quoted those verses you did, but I dare warn you that instead of respond to them, you will observe an escapist tendency in the responses by those who hold on to strictly dogma, and refuse to open their minds. SO, it will be rather expected to see them relapse to how violnt Muhammed (SAW) or Islam is.

I was surprised to see that even the bible (that is whatever part of it that is still credible) sanctions the exhortations and prayer for Muhammed (SAW) and Abraham. In the past, mlks_baby would have everyone believe it is "necromancy", and the bible forbids it. Thanks for that expose.

I must also advice you to tread carefully because subtle personal attacks are also a trick employed to get you off track and allow them to avoid the contentious issue and instead look for appelations that support their stereotypes. IT WOULD NOT BE UNUSUAL to see statements such as, stop using invectives, or thank you for being peaceful, as f to reinforce their believe that Muslims are unduely aggressive. BE PREPAred for all those.

Meanwhile I wish you best of luck in trying to convince some of them that indeed Islam is from God. It is no mean task especially in Nigeria, but Allah's word which he has sent forth will definitely be fulfilled.

Ma Salam
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam by QuranSearc: 4:40pm On Jun 28, 2006
thansk very much @ajia23. well is like they dont want to admit that what they are doing is wrong and be making the full of some one see. let me ask you a question. if you are a pastor of a church and you have large number of people worshiping with you do u think the pastor will ever tell the follower that that is not the way a gain.
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam by QuranSearc: 4:44pm On Jun 28, 2006
It is an extreme position held only by some Christian groups that the Bible – in its entirety - cover to cover is the revealed word of God in every word, but they do a clever thing when they mention this, or make this claim. They will say that the Bible in its entirety is the word of God; inerrant (no mistakes) in the original writings. So if you go to the Bible and point out some mistakes that are in it you are going to be told: Those mistakes were not there in the original manuscript, they have crept in so that we see them there today. They are going on problem in that position. There is a verse in the Bible Isaiah 40:8 which in fact is so well known that some Bibles printed it on the inside front cover as an introduction and it says : “ The grass weathers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever”. Here is a claim in the Bible that the word of God will stand forever, it will not be corrupted, it won't be lost. So if today you find a mistake in the Bible you have two choices. Either that promise was false that when God said my word wont fade away, he was mistaken, or the portion which has the mistake in it was not a part of the word of God in the first place, because the promise was that it would be safeguarded, it would not be corrupted.
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 28, 2006
@quran search.

1st point of contradiction,
Embrace Islam, the Divine Faith of GOD Almighty, and you will be saved!

Is this quote in your quran or is this just a statement made in a flight of fancy? Where in the quran is it explicitly stated that those who embrace Islam are saved? Saved from what and to where?

I will respond to all other issues raised in due course.
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam by TayoD(m): 8:37pm On Jun 28, 2006
ajia23,
I was surprised to see that even the bible (that is whatever part of it that is still credible) sanctions the exhortations and prayer for Muhammed (SAW) and Abraham. In the past, mlks_baby would have everyone believe it is "necromancy", and the bible forbids it. Thanks for that expose
Can you please provide references for this assertion? Necromancy has never been supported in the Bible. We all know the fate of King Saul when he practiced this devilish act. I await your response with all anticipation. And by the way, no escapist act is permitted from your person.
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jun 28, 2006
QuranSearc:

, And your point is?
Which part of the bible did we say had mistakes? Please back your claims with credible examples and with contentious scriptural verses rather than spewing forth what you simply heard from somebody who also heard from another.
The Word of God is God in His entirety, it cannot return unto Him VOID until it accomplish that for which it was sent. It cannot be and has never been corrupted.

@ajia23
but Allah's word which he has sent forth will definitely be fulfilled.

Which word did Allah send? What prophecy did he give that will definitely be "fulfilled"?

The longer i read the more i realise how dangerously the quran and muslims are begining to ape Christian statements. The last one was "embrace Islam and you will be saved", now it's "Allah's word which he has sent will be fulfilled". Only God knows which one will be next!
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam by syrup(f): 9:02pm On Jun 28, 2006
TayoD:

I await your response with all anticipation. And by the way, no escapist act is permitted from your person.

So, we all notice that there's usually an escapist act from the other side  cheesy  cheesy

Why do Muslims really need to authenticate Islam by the Bible? On the one hand, they often argue that "My religion is mine; and your religion is yours", so where does Islam cross over to curry favour from a Book they often reject? On the other hand, is there anywhere where the Qur'an says that Muhammad was prophesied of in the Bible? If the Qur'an does not say so, where do Muslims often get the idea that Islam, Muhammad and some other Muslim ideologies are in the Bible? For instance, this gentleman called abdul fata wants us to see Islam in the Bible when he quotes Biblical texts for "Six Criteria for Hijab in Islam" and also does the same for the Kaa'ba by quoting Psa. 84:4-7.

abdul fata:

(v)Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) prophesised in the Bible.
       Al-Qur'an 7:157
       Al-Qur'an 61:6
       Deuteronomy 18:18
       Isaiah 29:12
       Song of Solomon 5:16
       John 16:7
       John 16:12-14
. . .

C. Significance of Kaaba – Muslims don’t worship it
    Psalms 84:4-7
. . .

(iii)  Six Criteria for Hijab in Islam
      Deuteronomy 22:5
      I Timothy 2:9 e.g. of Mary
      I Corinthians 11:5-6

So, where is this notion coming from that Islam appears in the Bible - is it that it can't stand on its own and so needs extra support outside the Qur'an in order to persuade people that Muhammad is actually a Prophet?  
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 28, 2006
@syrup
So, where is this notion coming from that Islam appears in the Bible - is it that it can't stand on its own and so needs extra support outside the Qur'an in order to persuade people that Muhammad is actually a Prophet?

Simply because it is FALSE! Anything false cannot stand the test of time, it continually seeks to use other things to support its authenticity. The bible as the sole word of God has survived 2000 yrs of constant bashing, persecution and destruction yet it has come out as the most widely read book ever. After 2000 yrs of "Da vinci Code - like" assault, Jesus still stands today as the "greatest man" that ever lived! SIMPLY because GOD does not need a crutch to stand on, He is the same yesterday, today and forever. The one who was ever before Abraham, the Lion of the tribe of Judah! The begining and the end!
He is the one who is His word! He needs no support, His words and deeds have withstood centuries of being maligned. His people, Isreal despite centuries of persecution have risen again in fulfilment of God's prophecy to his people. Remember the dry bones in Exekiel!
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 28, 2006
Christians and bible scholars have no need to go rummaging the quran to authenticate the bible, we do not need to use the sura's to prove that Jesus is Lord of Heaven and Earth.

The battle is the Lord's, Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you!
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam by TayoD(m): 9:52pm On Jun 28, 2006
Quransearc,

I have chosen to answer your questions or dilemma not because I feel that your post was scholarly, but to nullify the impressions by ajia23 that Christians tend to be escapist. While what you have written may appear profound to men who are unlearned in the scriptures as ajia23, but a closer look only show how confused and muddled up you are about christianity. I understand that Islam and the Qu'ran cannot stand on their feet without corroboration from the Bible, and that explains the new found desire by Muslims to read meanings into the Bible that wasn't there.

As a matter of fact however, the Bible did prophesy about Mohammed. Here is what the scriptures say about him: Galatians 1: 6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. 2 Corrinthians 11: 14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works. We have already been warned here that Satan will turn himself into an angel of light and bring another Gospel to us. Doesn't that sound like exactly what mohammed did? The Bible says here that such a person is cursed, and no matter how many times you all say "pbuh", it doesn't nullify God's word that he is an accursed fellow. I am sorry if I offend you by this statement, but God's word is no respecter of persons, and I have only quoted the scriptures here - which your Prophet validated anyway.

In Deuteronomy 33:2, we see Moses peace be upon him predicting that GOD Almighty will execute His Holy Judgement in the city of Paran by 10,000 of Believers:
"And he said, The LORD came from Si'-nai, and rose up from Se'-ir unto them; he shined forth from mount Pa'-ran [Mecca in Arabic], and he came with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them. (From the King James Version Bible, Deuteronomy 33:2)" We also read about the same prophecy by Prophet Enoch peace be upon him:
"And Enoch [Idris in Arabic, one of Allah Almighty's Prophets peace be upon all of them to the people of Israel.] also, the seventh generation from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord came with ten thousands of his saints, to execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard [speeches] which ungodly sinners have spoken against him. (Jude 1:14-15)"
Now, according to the Islamic history, the city of Mecca (Paran) was liberated by Prophet Muhammad's 10,000-men army. The irrefutable historical proofs for this are located in this article: The story of the 10,000 Muslims who liberated Mecca (Paran) in the Bible. Now, since these prophecies were foretold in the Bible's Old Testament, I would like to openly challenge any Jewish Rabbi or Christian Priest or Minister to answer the following question for me:
May I start by pointing out that the Book of Jude is actually in the New Testament and not the Old. The prophesy was revealed to Jude and I find it rather amusing that you guys will quote from the New Testament when you claim it's false. Could you please provide the proof that Paran in the Bible is actually Mecca? From all the information available online and otherwise, it is only stated that some people believe that Paran in the Bible is actually Mecca. I guess we all know who those 'believers' are: Moslems. I am not surprised by that because you try to claim that the Comforter in the Bible actually refers to Mohammed. Sacrilege!!!! If you are honest with yourself, you will know that the law refered to in that passage is actually the Ten Commandment. Or Mohammed has now become Moses ehn? na wa o. From your claims, Mohammed actually came with sword, but the third verse here talks about 'loving' the people after the law was giving. Sword, Love, these are mutually exclusive dont you think? The Lord as revealed in Deutoronomy and Jude is actually refering to Jesus. Just thought you should know that. I could go on and on about this verses, but I have to go on to the next issues.

Who in the Bible was the Prophet that rode the camel to fulfill the Prophecy of Isaiah 21:7? The New Testament only fulfills the riding of the donkey prophecy in John 12:14, and it claims that it only fulfilled that prophecy.
There is still a missing fulfillment of the riding of the camel in the New Testament. Why?
If Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him wasn't the one who fulfilled the remaining of Isaiah 21:7 prophecy, then who was that Prophet?
Please visit Isaiah's Vision: He saw Jesus riding a donkey and Muhammad riding a camel. He also saw the destruction of Babylon (i.e. Iraq today) and its idol gods, and replacing them with a Divine Religion (i.e. Islam today).
Your ignorance just shines through these statements like no man's business. Jesus riding on the donkey into Jerusalem is not a fufilment of the prophesy of Isaiah 21:7, rather it is a fulfillment of the prophesy of Zechariah 9:9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.. If you can read very well, you will see that Isaiah 21:7 talks about CHARIOTS of ASSES, HORSEMEN and CAMELS. These are in the plural and not singular as in the case of Jesus. Besides, so who is riding the horse? Your blindness and desperation to prove a point makes you ignore this portion. And for all you know, the event in Isaiah 21:7 happened at the same time, there is no time differnce between the horsemen, asses and camels. Please try and be more credible next time.

For space and time, i'll respond to the other two submisions subsequently.
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam by TayoD(m): 10:19pm On Jun 28, 2006
In the Old Testament, we read about GOD Almighty promising to create "Great Nations" from Ishmael, Abraham's first Son and the father of the Muslims: Genesis 12:1-3
1 The LORD had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you.
2 "I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing.
3 I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."
The quote "go to the land I will show you" is referring to the city of Paran (Mecca). See the Biblical proofs here.
The quote "I will make you into a great nation" is quite interesting. How can GOD Almighty call the Muslims, who came from Ishmael, a "great nation" if they are as the modern Christians of today consider them to be "Satan's followers"? How can we be a "great nation" in the eyes of GOD Almighty if we are hated by Him?
The quote "I will bless those who bless you" perfectly fits the Muslims. As you probably know, we Muslims worship Allah Almighty by prostrating to Him. Every time we pray and prostrate, we end our prayer by sitting on our knees and say the following exact quote:
", and bless Prophet Muhammad and the people of Prophet Muhammad, like You blessed Prophet Abraham and the people of Prophet Abraham, "
As you clearly see, we bless Prophet Abraham every single day of our lives when we pray to Allah Almighty. We also do say "peace be upon him" or "peace and blessings be upon him" when we refer to his name or any other Prophet's name. My open challenge to any Jewish Rabbi or Christian Priest or Minister is:
How can the Muslims be cursed and considered satan followers when GOD Almighty in Genesis 12:3 blesses them because they bless Abraham?
How can the Muslims be cursed by GOD Almighty when they bow down to Him and only Him in prostration?
You have so many issues muddled up into these, and I'll try my best to give you answers. May I first bring to your understanding that Ishamael is Abraham's son of the flesh while Isaac is his Son of the promise. Every promise that you find God giving to abraham in the Book of Genesis, is actually meant for his descendants through Isaac. God indeed promised to bless Ishmael and his descendants. [b] Genesis 17:[/b]18 And Abraham said unto God, O that Ishmael might live before thee! 19 And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him. 20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation. 21 But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year. 22 And he left off talking with him, and God went up from Abraham. I hope you noticed that God's covenat will only be established through Isaac.

The land God showed Abraham is actually the land of Canaan which the Children of Isreal came into after the soujourn in the wilderness. It is that same land that they are in today and it includes the Gaza strip which the Palestines are dying for. Do you ever here Isreal make a claim about mecca or Saudi Arabia? The promise they have from God is cannaan which includes part of the Palestinian territory today. You really need to get your facts strainght.

Christians do not believe Muslims are Satan's followers. Rather, we believe that they have been deceived by an angel that the Bibkle warned us against.

With respect to blessing Abraham, I have told you before that the promise is actually to his descendants via isaac. Guess what that means, whoever curses isreal is cursed of God and whoever blesses them is blessed of God. See why the general Moslem population and countries are under God's curse now? They are all in favour of wiping isreal off the map. You all have Jehovah to contend with. Blessing Abraham goes beyond empty words because like it or not, Abraham himself is already blessed and has taken his place in God's hall of faith. Blessing Abraham means supporting his seed and being of assistance to them. That is why Jesus said in the new testament that those who gave drink, shelter or help to an isrealite, has done the same thing unto him.

May I state categorically that though you prostrate to Allah, Allah is not Jehovah as revealed in the Bible. Your worship is to a god who denies the existence of the Son of God, and here is what the Bible has to say about that: 1 John 2: 22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. Don't deceive yourself, you serve not the true God and your worship is neither to Him.
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 28, 2006
Rebuttals to Quransearch!!!

Jude 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, 15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
"And Enoch [Idris in Arabic, one of Allah Almighty's Prophets peace be upon all of them to the people of Israel.] also, the seventh generation from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord came with ten thousands of his saints, to execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard [speeches] which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.  (Jude 1:14-15)"
It is obvious that there is a clear disticntion between your dubious use of the word "came" as against the biblical (KJV) version which reads "cometh",  a present tense as against yours which is clearly in the past tense. Note that in that verse the word also reads ten thousands and not 10,000! Ten thousands refers to much more than 10,000! That verse if you took the pains to read the earlier and later verses refers to the judgement day - what the bible refers to as the GREAT DAY OF THE LORD. It is the day the Lord comes with His saints at the end of this world to judge the earth and the people therein, it does not in any way refer to any maurading band of thieves!
Only God reserves the ultimate right to EXECUTE JUDGEMENT upon ALL His creation, He did not and will never delegate that authority to any "prophet". Infact His very words to us His children reads "Judge not, that ye be not judged, "!

Wasn't Muhammad fruitful, and a true man of GOD Almighty?

By what standards do you measure a "fruitful" man and a "true man of God almighty"? This i ask because the biblical standards and that of Muhammad are as far apart as the east is from the west! The bible records that Joseph, though in prison was a prosperous man! You might ask, how might this be? What of the widow who gave a mite and yet was recorded as having given most of all? The reason is because; 1 Samuel 16:7 - ,  for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.
God also provides us a concrete standard by which to measure His own; Matthew 7:20 - Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
And what fruits is He talking about in Mathew? Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.   
A true man of God? John 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. 15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
Muhammad never recognised the death AND resurrection of Christ on the cross, how then can he claim to be a man of God Almighty?

By the above standards, Muhammad cannot be regarded as a "fruitful" man nor a "true man of God".
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jun 28, 2006
Quransearc rebuttal 2!

Simple, because that passage in Isaiah 21 is not refering to an explicit event. There are numerous prophecies in the bible where God specifically used symbols to typify events that would happen in the end time. The prophecy in Isaiah 21 is one of such examples. Look closely at verse 9 And, behold, here cometh a chariot of men, with a couple of horsemen. And he answered and said, Babylon is fallen, is fallen; and all the graven images of her gods he hath broken unto the ground. This vision of Isaiah's was typifying an event that would take place in the future, Babylon in the bible does not typify a PLACE but a SYSTEM. The same BABYLON is used in revelation and typifies the fall of CAPITALISM (materialism!). Interestingly Revelation 14:8 - And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication. It is almost an exact same statement as is made in Is. 21:9 and is a prophecy fortelling the end of the world and the collapse of commercial babylon NOT IRAQ! More on this later if you wish.
Please see Daniel chapters 7, 8 and 9 as examples of such visions and prophecies depicted as symbols.
The prophecy that talked of Jesus riding a donkey to Jerusalem was correctly pointed out by TayoD in Zechariah!

I also addressed John 19:36-37 from the Bible and proved that Jesus never got crucified, since GOD Almighty promised that he will protect Jesus' body and not let even a single bone be broken. My question to all Christians is: How in the world is it possible for the feet to get nailed on the cross without any penetration to the bones by the nails, hence breaking part of the feet's bones?!
One last word before i disappear!
Psalms 34:20 - He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken
John 19: 31 The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away. 32 Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him. 33 But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs: 34 But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water. 35 And he that saw it bare record, and his record is true: and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe. 36 For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken.

The prophecy as spoken in Ps 34 was fulfilled to the very letter. Dear quransearc, if you have ever had a nail go through your foot (i have experienced it!) you will know that it is VERY POSSIBLE to have a nail go through it without breaking any bones. There are thousands of people who nail themselves to crosses today to mark the death and resurrection of Our Lord Jesus Christ on the cross today, it is highly unlikely they will risk breaking their bones just for drama. Pls if you have ever studied a little bit of anatomy, you will notice there are spaces between the bones of the feet and hands that link the ankles to the toes and wrists to fingers!!!!

The Trinitarian English translations are nothing but hoaxes and deceptions. The article responds to Matthew 15:9 and other English mistranslated verses in the Bible.

Is it not ironical that the same bible you claim to be "hoaxes and deceptions" is the same one you, ajia23, logical and belotti are frantically using to "prove" the existence of Mohammed and your god? Is it not the same bible you quoted to "prove" mohammed rode on a camel with "Jesus"?
Was it not you who said the "Aramaic" bible foretold of mohammed by mentioning his name? And the same bible is a hoax?
I wonder how you reason at all.

I willl treat open challenge 3 tomorrow! God bless you!
Re: Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam by abdulfata: 1:17pm On Jun 29, 2006
[center]The Romantic Origins of Christianity

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free! (John 8:32)[/center]

Few Christians know that Christianity is the result of love affair between Paul and Popea, which had failed. Paul despised both the Jews and Romans because Popea was Jewish and Nero was a Roman. They fell in love, and married each other, rejecting Paul completely.

The brokenhearted Paul (then) traveled to Arabia for three years to fabricate his new doctrines, which later became “Christianity”.

Saul did everything in his power to win the attention and hopefully the love of beautiful Popea. Saul’s exertions against the Nazarenes – his bitter and zealous persecution of the early followers often brought mere approval from Popea, condescending affection – but his repeated offers of marriage were repeatedly spurned. A case of unrequited love!

Then Popea abruptly left Jerusalem to enter into a career on the stage in Rome. As actresses go, she graduated from High Priest’s daughter to become the mistress of Emperor Nero who eventually made an honest woman of her by marrying her.

Saul was heart broken; Saul was outraged; Saul was disconsolate, depressed, distraught and disheartened. Saul left Jerusalem and headed for the desert (in Arabia) where like a wounded lion he licked his wounded heart, bleeding with sorrow.

(Farouk Hosein, Fundamentalism Revisted, published by Eniath’s Printing Company Ltd. Chaguanas, Trinidad, W.I., p. 40-41)

“… But Saul was a resilient man; he was resourceful. He was a man of action. Remember, he was not satisfied to lay back and watch the Nazarenes overtake the established Jewish church. He acted then. Saul had three years to muse upon his vengeance. (ibid)

Paul traveled to Arabia for three years and to the Southern regions of Damascus before returning to Jerusalem. According to modern scholars, Paul fabricated the doctrines of Christianity as vengeance against the Jews. It was produced in Arabia and Damascus.

Paul’s conversion coincided with his being rejected by Popea. He must have been under considerable emotional and mental strain at the time. It is possible that this crisis in his life had some bearing on this sudden change from his being one of the greatest supporters of the Jewish Law to one of its greatest enemies” (Muhammad Ataur-Rahim, Jesus Prophet of Islam, 1992 edition, p. 57)

The Ebionites, or Nazarenes, who were the first Christians, rejected all the Epistles of Paul and regarded him as an imposter. They reported, among other things, that he was originally a pagan; that he came to Jerusalem where he lived some time; and that having a mind to marry the daughter of a high priest, he caused himself to be circumcised. But, that not being able to obtain her, he quarreled with the Jews and wrote against circumcision, and against observing the Sabbath and against all the legal ordinance.” (The Age of Reason” by Thomas Paine, p. 167)

'They declare that he was a Greek , He went up to Jerusalem, they say, and when he had spent some time there, he was seized with a passion to marry the daughter of the priest. For this reason he became a proselyte and was circumcised. Then, when he failed to get the girl, he flew into a rage and wrote against circumcision and against the sabbath and the Law' (Epiphanius, Panarion, 30.16.6-9, The Ebionite Account)

Paul took solitude in the desert after he was rejected.

Paul then left Damascus and, instead of seeking out the company of the other followers of Jesus, went into the Arabian Desert where he remained hidden for three years. It may well have been here that he began to formulate his own version of what Jesus had taught. This involved a rejection of the Jewish Law, which in turn meant his turning away from the fact that throughout his life Jesus had remained a practicing Jew, and always sought to uphold the teachings which Moses had brought before him.

(Muhammad Ataur Raheem, Jesus prophet of Islam, 1992 edition)

When Paul had written “against circumcision and against the Sabbath and the Law”, this was the beginning of Christianity. A religion based on vengeance, emotion, and fraud.

The foundation of Christianity is the total rejection of Circumcision, Sabbath, and the Law (Galatians 3:13, Romans 3:20) which was followed by Jesus (Matthew 5:17-20, 23:23)

With the teaching by some, notably Paul, that the laws of the Jews need not to be followed by a Christian, contradictions began to arise between the body of newly-written Scriptures, which later became known as the “New Testament”, and the Old Testament. However, the Old Testament was retained by the established Church in spite of these contradictions, since an outright rejection of the Old Testament would have been regarded by many of the people as a rejection of Jesus himself. Confusion was the inevitable result. In the attempt to accept and reject the Old Testament simultaneously, contradictions arose within the New Testament itself, since it had to be “new” without openly rejecting the old. But, in the early days of the Church, there was no real attempt to formally arrange the books and ensure that all the accounts and doctrines tallied with each other. The leaders of the first Christian communities were free to use their discretion and to refer to those Scriptures which they thought best contained the teachings of Jesus. (Muhammad Ataur-Raheem, Jesus Prophet of Islam, 1992 edition, pp. 46)

The unreliability of the gospels appears to be admitted by the Church itself: The metaphysics of Christianity today is not even based on what is in the gospels. The established church is founded on the doctrine of original sin, of atonement and redemption, of the divinity of Jesus, of the divinity of the Holy Ghost and of Trinity. None of these doctrines are to be found within the gospels. They were not taught by Jesus. They were the fruits of Paul’s innovations and the influence of Greek culture and philosophy. Paul never experienced the company nor the direct transmission of knowledge from Jesus. Before his conversion, he vigorously persecuted the followers of Jesus, and after it he was largely responsible for abandoning the code of behaviour of Jesus when he took “Christianity” to the non-Jews of Greece and beyond. (ibid, p. 196)

Paul was a Gentile born in Tarsus, he converted to Judaism and employed by the High Priest to arrest the followers of Jesus. He desired to marry Popea, the daughter of the High Priest, but when she rejected his offer, Paul avenged by creating “Christianity” as retaliation against the Jews.

Paul borrowed from the Mystery Religions to produce Christianity. The Church Father Iranaeus condemned Paul for his innovations:

Iranaeus believed in One God and supported the doctrine of the manhood of Jesus. He bitterly criticized Paul for being responsible for injecting the doctrines of the pagan religions and Platonic philosophy into Christianity. (Muhammad Ataur-Raheem, Jesus Prophet of Islam, 1992 edition, p. 77)

I have inquired into some of the fundamental doctrines of Christianity; the examination has led me to the conclusion that the dogmas of the Trinity, the Divinity of Jesus, the Divine-Sonship, the Original Sin and Atonement are neither rational nor in conformity with the teachings of Jesus. These dogmas came into being and were due to pagan influences. They show that Christianity has departed considerably from the religion of Jesus. (The Myth of the Cross, Alhaj A.D. Ajijola)

"No sooner had Jesus knocked over the dragon of superstition than Paul boldly set it on its legs again in the name of Jesus." (George Bernard Shaw)

“Christianity began as a cult with almost wholly Pagan origins and motivations in the first century, “and by the fourth it had utterly turned its back on Paganism and repudiated very hint of. . . connection with it, loading it with contempt from that day to this” (The Pagan Christ, Tom Harper, pp. 51)

Paul was born a gentile in a town that was not only heavily influenced by Mystic Cults and the gods such as Attis, Adonis, Mithras, Osiris and Baal-Taraz but was actually named after one of these gods (Baal-Taraz => Tarsus). Also found in Tarsus were Jews who were called 'God-fearing' because they accepted the teachings of Judaism but were unwilling to be circumcised or adopt all of the food laws of Judaism. Paul was either born to 'God-fearing' parents or he converted as a young man and headed for Jerusalem to study with a view to becoming a Pharisee (the most highly respected Jewish philosophers). His early childhood influences included much exposure to the pagan gods and Mystic Cults that were so prevalent in Tarsus.

Having failed to make the grade as a Pharisee (he was bright but lacked the logic ability required, as demonstrated by his often muddled theology, especially in Romans) he became one of the High Priest's hired thugs (the High Priest being a Sadducee appointed by Rome). After the death of Jesus he was sent to kidnap some of Jesus' followers who had fled to Damascus and return them to the High Priest for punishment. Investigating these followers of Jesus, Paul saw a lot in the idea of a resurrection that was in common with the myths that he had grown up with. Having failed to reach his goal of becoming a Pharisee and having been reduced to the role of a thug for a quisling Roman collaborator, Paul cracked and experienced a breakdown of some sort which left him with the basis of the ideas that became Christianity. He dressed up Jesus in the clothes of Attis, Adonis, Mithras, Osiris and Baal-Taraz added his own imagined divinity to this and set out to finally become the important man that his ego required of him and that had brought him to Jerusalem to begin with. (Simon Ewins, http://www.holysmoke.org/hs00/paul.htm)

Paul’s determination was to destroy the Jewish authorities, and to gain acceptance from the Gentiles, he succeeded in overthrowing the Nazarenes, who were the true followers of Jesus (Matthew 10:5-6, 15:24)

The Ebionites were stigmatized by the Church as heretics who failed to understand that Jesus was a divine person and asserted instead that he was a human being who came to inaugurate a new earthly age, as prophesied by the Jewish prophets of the Bible. Moreover, the Ebionites refused to accept the Church doctrine, derived from Paul, that Jesus abolished or abrogated the Torah, the Jewish law. Instead, the Ebionites observed the Jewish law and regarded themselves as Jews. The Ebionites were not heretics, as the Church asserted, nor 're-Judaizers', as modern scholars call them, but the authentic successors of the immediate disciples and followers of Jesus, whose views and doctrines they faithfully transmitted, believing correctly that they were derived from Jesus himself. They were the same group that had earlier been called the Nazarenes, who were led by James and Peter, who had known Jesus during his lifetime, and were in a far better position to know his aims than Paul, who met Jesus only in dreams and visions. Thus the opinion held by the Ebionites about Paul is of extraordinary interest and deserves respectful consideration, instead of dismissal as 'scurrilous' propaganda -- the reaction of Christian scholars from ancient to modern times. (Hyam Maccoby, The Myth Maker: Paul and the Invention of Christianity)

The Ebionites are thus by no means a negligible or derisory group. Their claim to represent the original teaching of Jesus has to be taken seriously (ibid, Hyam Maccoby)

After the Romans destroyed the Temple in 70 CE, the Pauline Church was firmly established under the doctrines of Paul at Rome.

The Jerusalem Church was defeated by the Pauline Church. The Nazarenes became known as the Ebionites, which means the ‘poor ones’. The Pauline “Christians” triumphed over the followers of Jesus:

From the time Jesus left earth to the second half of the Second Century, there was a struggle between two factions. One was what one might call Pauline Christianity and the other Judeo-Christianity. It was only very slowly that the first supplanted the second, and Pauline Christianity triumphed over Judeo-Christianity. (Maurice Bucaille, The Bible, The Quran, and Science, p. 70)

The Judeo-Christians have now disappeared as a community with any influence, but one still hears people talking about them under the general term of ‘Judaistic’. (ibid, p. 70)

The centre of Christianity today is Rome, yet Jesus never said anything about Rome being the centre of his teaching. He preached only to the Jews (Matthew 15:24) and never to the Gentiles (Matthew 10:5-6)

It was Paul who founded Christianity which spread to Europe and beyond, whereas the centre of Jesus was in Jerusalem:

Differences between the two were not only evident in life-style and belief, but were also clearly delineated geographically. As the Pauline Church grew more established, it became increasingly hostile to the followers of Jesus. It aligned itself more and more with the rulers of the Roman Empire, and the persecution which to begin with had been directed at all who called themselves Christians, now began to fall mainly on those who affirmed the Divine Unity. Attempts began to be made to change their beliefs and forcefully to remove those who refused to do so, together with the books they used. Most of the early martyrs were Unitarians. The more the doctrine of Trinity became accepted, the more its adherents opposed those who affirmed the Divine Unity. (Muhammad Ataur-Raheem, Jesus Prophet of Islam, 1992 edition, p. 74)

The Encyclopedia Wikipedia Online testifies that Paul is the founder of Christianity:

Paul is venerated as a Saint by all the churches that honor saints, including those of the Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, and Anglican traditions, and some Lutheran sects and he is the patron saint of the City of London. He did much to advance Christianity among the Gentiles, and is considered to be one source (if not the primary source) of early Church doctrine, and the founder of Pauline Christianity. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_of_Tarsus)

What is the significance for our faith and for our religious life, the fact that the Gospel of Paul is different from the Gospel of Jesus?

The attitude which Paul himself takes up towards the Gospel of Jesus is that he does not repeat it in the words of Jesus, and does not appeal to its authority, The fateful thing is that the Greek, the Catholic, and the Protestant theologies all contain the Gospel of Paul in a form which does not continue the Gospel of Jesus, but displaces it.

(Albert Schweitzer, The Quest for the Historical Jesus)

Paul was the very first to envisage Christianity, as a new religion, different from Judaism” (Hyam Maccoby, The Mythmaker: Paul and the Invention of Christianity, pp. 104-105)

The Greek philosopher Celsus was a strong opponent of Christianity; his writings are preserved by Origen.

It is clear to me that the writings of the Christians are a lie and that your fables are not well-enough constructed to conceal this monstrous fiction.' (On The True Doctrine, c178 AD)

Paul was responsible for a “great persecution against the Church” (Acts 8:1)

After his so-called conversion, Paul decided to hibernate in the Arabian Desert where he began to formulate doctrines for his new religion called “Christianity”, out of vengeance.

Paul deceptively started working from within the Nazarene movement to eventually destroy them:

“… But Saul was a resilient man; he was resourceful. He was a man of action. Remember, he was not satisfied to lay back and watch the Nazarenes overtake the established Jewish church. He acted then. Saul had three years to muse upon his vengeance. Popea’s rejection represented rejection by the High Priest and all that he stood for – the Old Jewish Law. The Roman Emperor, that pagan son of a Saul would deal with him. He would undermine them both. Undermine the Orthodox Jewish tradition and law – destroying the power of the established Jewish Church and the power of the High Priest, Popea’s father.

Secondly, Saul would lure away the pagan from their traditional worship of their Emperors (one who had dared to possess the body of his believed Popea) and leave the Emperor without an empire. Luring away the pagan worshippers from their defied Emperors to a God-like Christ would torpedo the Emperors love for glorification. That hero worship would be transferred from Emperor to Christ. That would leave the Emperorship as a mere shell – a semblance of its former self. Saul decided he would kill two birds with one stone. He worked out his strategy during his three years self imposed exile in the dessert.

To work his plan, Saul knew that he could not allow himself to be sidetracked or diverted by the philosophy, theory or doctrine of others. He therefore invented a story about a direct revelation received from Christ which nobody could dispute, and by virtue of which he enjoyed the latitude to preach his own doctrine. Saul recognized NOT the teachings of Jesus handed down by his Apostles and disciples, but claimed that he was divinely inspired to teach the new doctrine of Christ, rather than of Jesus, which he utterly discarded. For Paul, Jesus and Christ were two distinct and separate personalities. Such was Paul’s motivation and determination. His inclinations were always destructive. Destroy the Nazarenes. Then later, destroy the old – the Jewish orthodox power, destroy the Roman Emperor. (ibid, Fundamentalism REVISITED)

In the solitude of the Arabian desert, he had marked out a course of action for himself in which he would not accept any interference or advice. Had he discussed this matter with the apostles or taken any of them into his confidence, it would mean a definite setback to his scheme of preaching a modified religion to the Gentiles. The apostles would have very strongly opposed the whole idea, and would have denounced the whole idea as an abomination. There is ample proof provided by the New Testament that the Disciples and the earliest followers of Jesus abhorred the innovations of Paul.

(A.D. Ajijola, The Myth of the Cross)

“Paul quickly saw the need to stay in a quiet and peaceful area where he could reflect over his new position. Hence he went to the Southern regions of Damascus… the main problem facing him was to interpret the law and teachings of Jesus in a new form in the light of his own novel experience”.

(Encyclopedia Britannica, Follow Jesus or Follow Paul by Roshan Enam, p. 68-69)

Jesus (pbuh) never intended to establish a new religion on earth. He was sent to revive the Mosaic Law.

A true Jew would have immediately recognized the teaching of Jesus as a reaffirmation of what Moses had taught. (Muhammad Ataur-Raheem, Jesus Prophet of Islam, 1992 edition)
The corrupted Pauline Gospel that exists today has nothing to do with Jesus:

The Tabligh Jamaat can perform a yeoman service by propagating Islam among the masses and establishing Madrasahs to educate the ignorant children along the religious lines and also repeatedly warning them about the perils of this black serpent of kufr which has surrounded them which is seeking for opportunities to send them to perdition by misleading and misguiding them to worship stones and images and uphold myths and fallacies of Roman pagans and Greek philosophers; to believe in a tampered and interpolated version of the divinely rejected Gospel which is bristling with errors, additions and forgeries concocted by copyists and priests and mutilated by Pauline creed of Trinity, Atonement and Crucifixion which were canonized as the true word of God in the Council of Nicea in 325 CE consigning to the flames the numerous genuine Gospels to the Litter dismay of the world, opening the way to infernal and eternal doom!

(The Christian Missionary Menace at http://www.angelfire.com/ny/dawahpage/tm.html)

Conclusion:

We have explicitly demonstrated that Paul invented “Christianity” as revenge against the Jews, and the Roman Emperors. His goal was to overtake the Roman Empire and destroy the Jewish authorities. His religion succeeded, and it’s very unfortunate that the true followers of Jesus were defeated.

The Pauline Church later became known as the ‘Roman Catholic Church’, it was wholly controlled by politics and not a religious foundation. Christianity was made the official religion of the Roman Empire by Constantine; he used the Church for his own political purpose and he never became a Christian.

Constantine changed the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday to commemorate the day of the sun-god. Constantine introduced the pagan ‘trinity’ which he borrowed from his own religion. The Romans, the Egyptians, and the Hindus believed in ‘trinity’ before Christianity existed.

When the Council of Nicea took place, the Emperor Constantine

- Declared the Roman Sun-day to be the Christian Sabbath

- Adopted the traditional birthday of the Sun-god, and the twenty-fifth of December, as the birthday of Jesus;

- Borrowed the emblem of the Sun-god, the cross of light, to be the emblem of Christianity;

- And, although the statue of Jesus replaced the idol of the Sun-god, decided to incorporate all the ceremonies which were performed at the Sub-gods birthday celebrations into their own ceremonies.

(Jesus, The Prophet of Islam, Muhammad Rahim, pp.101)

The scholar Maurice Bucaille states a very good question:

It is quite reasonable to ask what Christianity might have been without Paul and one could no doubt construct all sorts of hypotheses on this subject. (The Bible, The Quran, and Science, p. 70)

The answer is quite obvious:

If Popea had only accepted Paul’s offer of marriage, Christianity would probably not exist today.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Santa Claus' Grave Is Found Under A Church In Turkey (photos) / What Soul Age Are You? / Pastor Angel Obinim Sleeps With Lady In His Church To Give Her Husband (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 294
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.