Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,941 members, 7,952,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:43 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1924187 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (912) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 7:44pm On Jan 05, 2013
Now, let me drop my ten kobo on this BMS ish...

You see, it all boils down to the nigerian system of running the health sector, where everybody believes "the doctor is the one and only expert" so who wants to employ an "ordinary" BMS graduate...

But they are very wrong!!! In the USA, BMS 1st degree holders are called to work in hospitals...

Anatomists test nerve function, muscle tone and power, dermatomes, etc,

Physiologists calculate ventilation/perfusion ratio, perform nerve conduction tests, and if you don't believe this, THEY ARE THE ONES THAT SET UP ECG, EEG, EMG ETC....

The only work doctors do there is mainly clinic work...

But here in 9ja tiwa n tiwa..... embarassed

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 9:03pm On Jan 05, 2013
@Dr.Lagusta,,, The AAlmighty God will see u tru,,He will definetly finish wat he has started!!! @ d big 'bosses' hu just came in....i 'dobale',,,4gif me d@ i 4got d rred carpet on ur entrance.... ekabo ooo ...in short *spreads mat and waits 4 more words of wisdom*
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by opeyboy: 9:09pm On Jan 05, 2013
I greet u all medical students..I finished 4rm secondary sch last year n my o'level result was @ C4 parallel,m abt writing jamb,i choosed unilorin as 1st choice n ife as 2nd,wil i b admitted into any of this sch wit my o'level result? Waitn to hear 4rm u all,tenx
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by INTEGRITYTOBI(m): 9:12pm On Jan 05, 2013
Applause to Ade,Dr hesjay,lagusta n all who have contribute abt d basic medical science here dis show dat 9ja medical sector is improving.I tink most of dis courses shd b offer as masters, student offering d course are to b properly orientiate abt d course dat 1st degree isnt enough or make it as an avenue to study medcine.Dis forum is really educative n good.Kudos 2u all let work 2geda in peace&harmony,void disparity.CHEERS
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 9:49pm On Jan 05, 2013
opeyboy: I greet u all medical students..I finished 4rm secondary sch last year n my o'level result was @ C4 parallel,m abt writing jamb,i choosed unilorin as 1st choice n ife as 2nd,wil i b admitted into any of this sch wit my o'level result? Waitn to hear 4rm u all,tenx
hi boss, ur result is perfectly okay 4 d above mentioned schools, "unless u are applying Ibadan". U can also be admitted , even when u have c6 parallel so no cause for alarm, all u need to do is to clear both ur jamb and post jamb with good scores, then you are good to go. But i think it is better u make OAU ur first choice, cos am not sure they accept second choice. So more grease to ur elbow bro, hope to see you in med school soonest.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by opeyboy: 9:49pm On Jan 05, 2013
I greet u all medical students..I finished 4rm secondary sch last year n my o'level result was @ C4 parallel,m abt writing jamb,i choosed unilorin as 1st choice nife as 2nd,wil i b admitted into any of this sch wit my o'level result? Waitn to hear 4rm u all,tenx[color=#006600][/color]
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by opeyboy: 9:50pm On Jan 05, 2013
I greet u all medical students..I finished 4rm secondary sch last year n my o'level result was @ C4 parallel,m abt writing jamb,i choosed unilorin as 1st choice nife as 2nd,wil i b admitted into any of this sch wit my o'level result? Waitn to hear 4rm u all,tenx
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by opeyboy: 11:27pm On Jan 05, 2013
charleymed: hi boss, ur result is perfectly okay 4 d above mentioned schools, "unless u are applying Ibadan". U can also be admitted , even when u have c6 parallel so no cause for alarm, all u need to do is to clear both ur jamb and post jamb with good scores, then you are good to go. But i think it is better u make OAU ur first choice, cos am not sure they accept second choice. So more grease to ur elbow bro, hope to see you in med school soonest.
tenx bro,may God bless u abundantly
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 7:49am On Jan 06, 2013
First it started as a childish talk like,"mum i want to be a doctor", second we hussled for the ever competitive and selective admission, but now we have gotten to a point that we can't afford to go back. Just praying for God's guidance and sustaince through med school. Gbosa to all MBBS students, you guys are the best. Just keep the flag high, i love you all. Cheers!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 7:52am On Jan 06, 2013
opeyboy: tenx bro,may God bless u abundantly
you are welcome bro, just do your best. Everything will be alright!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by deltadegre: 9:18am On Jan 06, 2013
opeyboy: I greet u all medical students..I finished 4rm secondary sch last year n my o'level result was @ C4 parallel,m abt writing jamb,i choosed unilorin as 1st choice nife as 2nd,wil i b admitted into any of this sch wit my o'level result? Waitn to hear 4rm u all,tenx
opeyboy you can be admitted provider you perform very well in your jamb and post jamb thats all

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 10:27am On Jan 06, 2013
opeyboy: I greet u all medical students..I finished 4rm secondary sch last year n my o'level result was @ C4 parallel,m abt writing jamb,i choosed unilorin as 1st choice nife as 2nd,wil i b admitted into any of this sch wit my o'level result? Waitn to hear 4rm u all,tenx

Since you chose unilorin as first choice, you have to work hard in your UTME, cos the cut-off mark is 240 there... Post jamb is also there...

And, you must have a lot of connections, cos admission is now competitive, first come first serve...

WISHING YOU THE BEST!!!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tayyibb(m): 3:17pm On Jan 06, 2013
opeyboy: I greet u all medical students..I finished 4rm secondary sch last year n my o'level result was @ C4 parallel,m abt writing jamb,i choosed unilorin as 1st choice n ife as 2nd,wil i b admitted into any of this sch wit my o'level result? Waitn to hear 4rm u all,tenx
Ife as 2nd choice!I wil advice u not to take Ife as 2nd choice even if u hav a strong connectn.pls o OAU is only safe 1st choice...decidely wisely wishn u d best.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 06, 2013
@opeyboy..
Ife is crazy in admission gan o...neva choose them as 2nd choice 4 medicine,dentistry,physiotherapy,occupational therapy and nursing...
Even if u come first in d post utme,they won't give u admission!!
*talking 4rm experience tho'*
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 06, 2013
@opeyboy.....Bosses int the house said it all, The truth if the matter is that, for such course (Medicine) it's only a private university that will admit you for second choice... Why not put all your eggs in a basket? And work hard to get the school cut-off mark? I mean, choose the same school as your first and second choice....If you're going for OAU, my advice: Be ready to study hard, and forget the official cut-off because almost every applicant to your desired department will score the official cut-off mark... Try and do some research from their 200L medical student and let them tell you their score, and the highest score last year. Then your objective will be to out-shine previouse record (It's not easy, but it's not impossible too), You'll need somebody in the school too (Like a connection or something) *Sorry to hear that, but thats the way things work in Nigeria*.

If you're opting for Uni-Ilorin, First let me ask you "Are you a muslim?" From my observation admission to that school have something to do with your religion, Grades, connection... (i am not saying they don't accept other religions too oo, but the percentage difference is wide).

Above all, Best of God in your UTME, thats what you need to focus on for now, later we can talk about Post UTME.

*Sorry for the long story, i no know wetin dey worry me this days sef, too much story.*

Lest I forget HAPPY SUNDAY!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Toluk1(f): 4:04pm On Jan 06, 2013
i'v also heard dat oau doesn't accept 2nd choice. U can do a change of institution.I don't lyk d idea of connection.don't put ur trust in man. Read hard and pray hard cos somtyms no b only buk. Don't let pple discourage u cos discourageaments wil surely come. I wish u suces.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by NiceHans: 5:22pm On Jan 06, 2013
For any uni u put, jamb is about 3 - 4 months away, jst make sure u put xtra effort, read, read read lyk a mad man solve past questions too, my bro set a target of scorin 300 or at least in ur jamb, and pray hard, likewise for d post jamb, nothin gud comes easy. Be damn determined, never relax until u ve seen ur name on d admission list board, under medicine and surgery,
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nemidav(m): 5:49pm On Jan 06, 2013
NiceHans: For any uni u put, jamb is about 3 - 4 months away, jst make sure u put xtra effort, read, read read lyk a mad man solve past questions too, my bro set a target of scorin 300 or at least in ur jamb, and pray hard, likewise for d post jamb, nothin gud comes easy. Be damn determined, never relax until u ve seen ur name on d admission list board, under medicine and surgery,
Thanks bro.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nemidav(m): 5:52pm On Jan 06, 2013
glowin2shyn: @Dr.Lagusta,,, The AAlmighty God will see u tru,,He will definetly finish wat he has started!!! @ d big 'bosses' hu just came in....i 'dobale',,,4gif me d@ i 4got d rred carpet on ur entrance.... ekabo ooo ...in short *spreads mat and waits 4 more words of wisdom*
Hyyyy,re yu 4rm benin
Sounds awkward ryt?? But pliz answer thanks!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 5:55pm On Jan 06, 2013
[quote
author=opeyboy]I greet u all medical students..I
finished 4rm secondary sch last year n my o'level result was @ C4
parallel,m abt writing jamb,i choosed unilorin as 1st choice nife as
2nd,wil i b admitted into any of this sch wit my o'level result? Waitn
to hear 4rm u all,tenx
[/quote]ur o'level isoriat except ur choosin U of I (o'levels are important dere:A's or mixture of Azz &Bzzz),,,study very well 4 dis coming jamb,,lay hold of ur syllabus and set a target of coverin everythin,,,also set a target of d jamb score u'll like 2 have,,wen u constantly ve dis score in ur subconscious u'll want 2 do more!! wen u ve a gud jamb score,,d portals 4 post-ume will open,,,and finally and most important of all...commit all 2 God's hands,,,cos jamb dis days,,,na God dey show mercy.....ALL THE BESt !!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 5:59pm On Jan 06, 2013
Nemidav:
Hyyyy,re yu 4rm benin
Sounds awkward ryt?? But pliz answer thanks!
yea,it sure does*raising eye brow* am from edostate but not benin,,,y d question?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nemidav(m): 6:04pm On Jan 06, 2013
glowin2shyn: yea,it sure does*raising eye brow* am from edostate but not benin,,,y d question?
Thanks.....emmm thErez rili no important rizin,ts jst dat I'm trying to calculate how much aggregate I'll need to study medicine in uniben,last year was bad 4 me,they gave me edu biology!....thanks again
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 6:22pm On Jan 06, 2013
[quote
author=Nemidav]
Thanks.....emmm thErez rili no important rizin,ts jst dat I'm trying to
calculate how much aggregate I'll need to study medicine in uniben,last
year was bad 4 me,they gave me edu biology!....thanks again[/quote] isoriat,,, am sorry about wat happened,,, 4rm wat ve observed,, 1 haz 2 ve a high p.utme score i.e 70 nd above nd an agg of say 65 nd above... i heard d@ dis yrz cutoff was 65 4 indigenes nd 69 4 non-indigenes am nt sure if dahzz credible,,,4 me it is God d@ shows mercy cos sum ppl get in tru 'backyard biznezz' May God help us
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 06, 2013
Medico's happy sunday,how is this week going to be like? Welcome back from holidays and as we resume every of our life endeavour,may God continue to bless us with knowledge and ability to research so as to keep up with the latest trend in our ever dynamic profession.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by INTEGRITYTOBI(m): 7:23pm On Jan 06, 2013
Tolu k i realise u are 4rm ui,pls do u think UI take NECO wit only credit 4 medcine and how is the oral interview.Odas can also contribute to dis
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nemidav(m): 8:28pm On Jan 06, 2013
glowin2shyn: isoriat,,, am sorry about wat happened,,, 4rm wat ve observed,, 1 haz 2 ve a high p.utme score i.e 70 nd above nd an agg of say 65 nd above... i heard d@ dis yrz cutoff was 65 4 indigenes nd 69 4 non-indigenes am nt sure if dahzz credible,,,4 me it is God d@ shows mercy cos sum ppl get in tru 'backyard biznezz' May God help us
Amennn o!!!!,I'm envying yu o!,getting medicine will be a dream cm true 4 me....jst kip working hard o!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ninja4life(m): 9:18pm On Jan 06, 2013
Chidor6: hey! Am in 400l UNTH.
Been reading thru d thread and i gotta say its quite interestn.
My advice to new med sttdnt: read/study like ur life depends on it, and also pray cos we need God in everythng. And abt wat to read, well read up ur notes, and text books... 'NEVER READ TO PASS EXAMS' Rather READ TO ACQUIRE KNOWLEDGE cos wen u knw d stuff, there aint no way ur failn.
For DE, its better to just get a Cambridge A'level...its a sure bet. I mean i did dat and got in with no stress watsoever... Cya
pls,wat is d cambridge a level point u had b4 given admission
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 10:48pm On Jan 06, 2013
adeaugustus: @opeyboy...
If you're opting for Uni-Ilorin, First let me ask you "Are you a muslim?" From my observation admission to that school have something to do with your religion, Grades, connection... (i am not saying they don't accept other religions too oo, but the percentage difference is wide).

I think you may be wrong... In my class for example, the ratio of christians to muslims is roughly 1:1.5, which is just a narrow margin, religion has nothing to do with medicine, moreover our provost is a christian...

Like I said, unilorin needs 240 jamb, about 70 post jamb and strong connections, with powerful prayers that's all...

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Obinnau(m): 6:28am On Jan 07, 2013
erm pls let me add some thing which some of us jambites may need to know from u. What are the performances of most federal universities in the core north? Are they as good as their counterparts in the other regions? Schools like UDUSOK, UNIMAID UNIJOS ETC

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 6:42am On Jan 07, 2013
Gud mawning 2 u all,Apy resumption.O.A.U acceptz second choice,but don't expect ur name on d 1st list.U must beat deir cut off marks with a minimum of 3 markz,den u are gud 2 go.4 Unilorin,deir admizion isn't clear and clean becoz dey don't believe in cut off except 4 d stipulatd 240 4 utme.just work and pray then u are gud 2 go

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by deltadegre: 7:43am On Jan 07, 2013
Obinnau: erm pls let me add some thing which some of us jambites may need to know from u. What are the performances of most federal universities in the core north? Are they as good as their counterparts in the other regions? Schools like UDUSOK, UNIMAID UNIJOS ETC
obinnau why are you bent on going to these northern schools. i would advice you to study hard fill any of the southern schools, if you cant make it for the federal schools you put in for a state school provided the school has full accreditation. depending on your ability you can fill UNICAL, UNIPORT, UNIZIK, UNIUYO,EBSU,DELSU,ABSU, UNIBEN. these school are good in medicine. i want to stress this not all abt the school you attend but what you make yourself become through study. i can remember one lecturer in uniben in the department of computer engineering his name is mr. Bello if you knw anybody there ask the person about this man, he never schooled abroad but he is equal to or better of than most people who did school abroad most people have testified it. all am trying to say is just get admitted to an accredited school study to show yourself approved you would be surprised you would be better of than most medical doctors trained even in U.I name of school no matter but the stuff you are made of that is one thing abt medicine the job is always given to the right hand or better still the gifted hands not the graduates from a prestigious school. came down you can reach me if you want us to talk privately i would tell you school to fill and you would be admitted. like most other medical schools start dropping students from 300 level after MB but in my school if you dont perform well enough in you 200 level comprehensive exams you will be dropped if you come to my school its a hell of competition it takes only the best among the best. my dear not school that builds a man but himself

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 7:44am On Jan 07, 2013
Obinnau: erm pls let me add some thing which some of us jambites may need to know from u. What are the performances of most federal universities in the core north? Are they as good as their counterparts in the other regions? Schools like UDUSOK, UNIMAID UNIJOS ETC

The only university that I trust in the north is Ahmadu Bello university, zaria. Then maybe Bayero University, kano.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (912) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.