Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,019 members, 7,841,869 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1850931 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (907) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 5:19pm On Oct 20, 2015
He had 274 in jamb and 344 in Post-UTME. Imagine that somebody who is already in the system
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 5:25pm On Oct 20, 2015
For the past six years Oau biology questions is extracted directly from their predegree note, if I am living ask any one that did predegree program.
Their chemistry is gotten from part one chemistry past questions especially the recent years.
That's why they tell u the post-UTME is difficult, no it is not.
Imagine setting part one questions for a jambite
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 5:31pm On Oct 20, 2015
The slot given to oau mbbs is 100 but the University do not admit up to that. The current part one students for mbbs are just 86 The previous set were around 90-92 in no
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 5:34pm On Oct 20, 2015
Merit-14
Catchment is 2 from each state in the geopolitical
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 5:37pm On Oct 20, 2015
Merit +catchment + elds are not up to 34 Predegree are given 13 slots
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 5:40pm On Oct 20, 2015
Let's say merit +catchment +elds +predegree =46
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 5:43pm On Oct 20, 2015
The remaining candidates are from staff sons and daughters, politicians, affluent and influential persons of the societies
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 5:49pm On Oct 20, 2015
I have one that I know who had 274.5 and and another one had 273 when the cuttoff was 275 could u believe that the one that had 275 were not admitted While the one that had 273 was given med rehab because he was chanced to know one lecture
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 5:52pm On Oct 20, 2015
I have one that I know who had 274.5 and and another one had 273 when the cuttoff was 275 could u believe that the one that had 275 were not admitted While the one that had 273 was given med rehab because he was chanced to know one lecturer.
Could u now believe that some students that hat 250+, 240+ were admitted in that same mbbs
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 5:55pm On Oct 20, 2015
In fact I know of two twin sisters with post UTME score of 205 & 207 both in medicine and surgery

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 6:04pm On Oct 20, 2015
I pity those who wants to kill themselves all because of oau
Imagine yourself competing with the guy I said is In part 2 pharmacy,
Then competing with lecturer children that have assured of mbbs admission.
Competing withPredegree students where some of the questions set in the post-UTME are examples taught in class.
Then finally competing with their undergraduate students
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 6:05pm On Oct 20, 2015
Vcojuro:
I pity those who wants to kill themselves all because of oau
Imagine yourself competing with the guy I said is In part 2 pharmacy,
Then competing with lecturer children that have assured of mbbs admission.
Competing withPredegree students where some of the questions set in the post-UTME are examples taught in class.
Then finally competing with their undergraduate students

But others have made it and will continue to...its not an excuse.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 6:11pm On Oct 20, 2015
Go to schools that admit more students on merit
Look at UNN that admitted 109 on merit.
Look at ui that admitted 110 on merit.
unimaginable admitted 100+on merit
Guys wise up Don't let ANYBODY DECEIVE U.
Mbbs is mbbs
This aforementioned schools have a better mbbs than oau
Honestly I tell u
Or why did u think that a quota of 100 was given to oau while 150 was given to UNN, 150 to unilag 180 to ui
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 6:15pm On Oct 20, 2015
I am fortunate to be among those admitted to ui mbbs and I know of the system No catchment no elds no mago mago
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 6:19pm On Oct 20, 2015
During clearance I saw a candidate that had 236 in jamb and another had 205 in jamb both had 76
And me that had had 266 in jamb had 74
Ui gives u a level playing ground
Everybody is assured of fairness in d admission process especially for mbbs

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 6:22pm On Oct 20, 2015
dearpiriye:

But others have made it and will continue to...its not an excuse.
yes others have made it but they are not many and it take them longer time to secure mbbs than if they had applied for ui.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 6:27pm On Oct 20, 2015
I know of a guy that has been chasing oau mbbs for 5yrs and was not given
Everytime the difference between his cuttoff and the merit cuttoff is always 1 or 2 they do tell him to work harder
This year he decided to go for ui and he was admitted he had 76.
WISE UP
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 6:31pm On Oct 20, 2015
You see the 287 that was brought out is a charade and a fallacy.
I am on campus and I know what is going on how many candidates had an aggregate of 287
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 6:34pm On Oct 20, 2015
They look at the first 25 and use it to set their cut off Don't let ANYBODY DECEIVE you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 6:41pm On Oct 20, 2015
UI method of admission into mbbs is the best Take it or leave it.
Just have 200 in jamb and come for post UTME.
Ui use only post UTME score in determining cuttoff for mbbs
They don't allow their undergraduates student to partake in the post-UTME , they don't have predegree program.
So ur chances of admission is very high
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by angiography(m): 7:16pm On Oct 20, 2015
Vcojuro:

Or why did u think that a quota of 100 was given to oau while 150 was given to UNN, 150 to unilag 180 to ui
This got me curious

Where wld the remaining 70 come from?
M talking bout UI
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 7:40pm On Oct 20, 2015
And Unizik?
Vcojuro:
Go to schools that admit more students on merit
Look at UNN that admitted 109 on merit.
Guys wise up Don't let ANYBODY DECEIVE U.
Mbbs is mbbs
This aforementioned schools have a better mbbs than oau
Honestly I tell u
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 7:41pm On Oct 20, 2015
Boss! How far you?
Can I get ur contact again? I lost it.
DrLazDevitan:
Stop asking silly questions and bushing about!

If you want to do it,do it!

You will have your eyes to see and your ear to hear the dance and music of your own funeral.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by kingjms010(m): 8:16pm On Oct 20, 2015
This is getting scary!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 8:24pm On Oct 20, 2015
angiography:
This got me curious
Where wld the remaining 70 come from? M talking bout UI
ui has a quota of 180 for mbbs But they don't admit more than 160 for undergraduate. 10-15 will come in through supplementary list. While the remaining will come in through DE and a level
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ogagusps3: 8:27pm On Oct 20, 2015
angiography:

This got me curious

Where wld the remaining 70 come from?
M talking bout UI
DE, from other courses and supplementary lists

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by angiography(m): 8:33pm On Oct 20, 2015
ogagusps3:
DE, from other courses and supplementary lists
So if oau admits 50 also via merit...isn't it plausible to think the others would be admitted the same way UI did??

And BTW, DE ain't admitted into 100l... please clarify
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RoastedCorn(m): 8:53pm On Oct 20, 2015
Vcojuro:
You see the 287 that was brought out is a charade and a fallacy.
I am on campus and I know what is going on how many candidates had an aggregate of 287
a friend of mine had 293 agg,he hasn't written their p.utme b4 and he's not a pdite . . BTW what course were you doing in o.a.u??

How many times did you fail o.a.u post-ume??

And lastly,why the beef??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Atogirl: 8:57pm On Oct 20, 2015
RoastedCorn:
a friend of mine had 293 agg,he hasn't written their p.utme b4 and he's not a pdite . . BTW what course were you doing in o.a.u??

How many times did you fail o.a.u post-ume??

And lastly,why the beef??
Pls reply me
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RoastedCorn(m): 8:59pm On Oct 20, 2015
Vcojuro:
UI method of admission into mbbs is the best Take it or leave it.
Just have 200 in jamb and come for post UTME.
Ui use only post UTME score in determining cuttoff for mbbs
They don't allow their undergraduates student to partake in the post-UTME , they don't have predegree program.
So ur chances of admission is very high
i agree they are the most transparent,but saying they are the best,i'm not okay with that . . .why don't they use jamb?? . . .in UNIBEN,O.A.U, UNN e.t.c . . .your jamb and p.ume are added together and divided to give your agg score,thats the best . .how will i have 266 in jamb 74 and someone with 205 in jamb and 76 in p.ume will be higher than me,that's absurd . .you are only saying this cos you were admitted.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RoastedCorn(m): 9:02pm On Oct 20, 2015
Atogirl:
Pls reply me
i saw the notification but didn't see the message,try re-sending it

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (907) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.