Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1832660 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by frankeinstein(m): 9:47pm On Feb 01, 2016
DrHesjay:

Gross..
The big thing.. As usual... all students get Clinically oriented anatomy(Keith Moore)
If u r not rili the 'softcopy' person.. I advise u get 2 books on gross.. probably Keith Moore and Chaurasia... There's also one brilliant book that I came across.. can't remember d name but they call it 'Above/Below Diaphragm' The book has 2 volumes... 'Above Diaphragm' and 'below diaphragm'.. if u can get it.. good for u oo.. Most people dnt understand that Keith Moore wastes time.. or maybe I am d only one that sees that..
Good evening bro. With respect to the bolded,which time-efficient text/method do you use in studying gross?
Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by drdrei09: 9:58pm On Feb 01, 2016
Busaryor:

Pls a u sure.....cus I asked sum1 in oau she said No
I'm sure.. .... I'm oau student
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GideonOmach(m): 10:08pm On Feb 01, 2016
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GideonOmach(m): 10:10pm On Feb 01, 2016
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GideonOmach(m): 10:11pm On Feb 01, 2016
dearpiriye:

Im a sis. Congrats. Would love to meet up too. Are u in the med whatsapp group?

Laughs!!!!

Wonderful even yet;
That it had been a Sis who had been flaunting vocal excellence this awesome like a guy/man?
by the way, we didn't know it's a 'Ma'" and we've been addressing it "Sir" all the while? although, some ladies are men in skirts, So, it's still within realms yet, though!!

Your honour Sir./ma.!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tygg: 10:35pm On Feb 01, 2016
undecided

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GideonOmach(m): 10:43pm On Feb 01, 2016
dearpiriye:
indeed it is. Give me time to work on that grin

Sure! you have all the time ma!
Whatever is good, is worth spending time on to bring out the best it could possibly yield!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 11:08pm On Feb 01, 2016
GideonOmach:

Laughs!!!!

Wonderful even yet;
That it had been a Sis who had been flaunting vocal excellence this awesome like a guy/man?
by the way, we didn't know it's a 'Ma'" and we've been addressing it "Sir" all the while? although, some ladies are men in skirts, So, it's still within realms yet, though!!

Your honour Sir./ma.!
Common Misconception,
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 11:12pm On Feb 01, 2016
Stop me if you have heard this,
A boy and his dad are in an accident, when the boy was taken to the Operating Theatre, as the surgeon was about to cut into the boy, the surgeon dropped the scapel and said "No, I can't do this, that's my son"
How come?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 11:19pm On Feb 01, 2016
Khan1993:
Yeah i know. I expect him/her to get an olevel result by then. Some people are unfortunate when it comes to making a complete olevel result.
Oh now that you put it that way
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 12:06am On Feb 02, 2016
Millex:
Stop me if you have heard this,
A boy and his dad are in an accident, when the boy was taken to the Operating Theatre, as the surgeon was about to cut into the boy, the surgeon dropped the scapel and said "No, I can't do this, that's my son"
How come?
The surgeon is his mum.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Busaryor: 12:13am On Feb 02, 2016
drdrei09:
I'm sure.. .... I'm oau student
Wao....gud...pls can I av ur Watsap line... here z mine 08182114261
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrAmanda(f): 1:10am On Feb 02, 2016
Jason555:
Good evening... I had a similar issue like this few years back.... Bro, as bad as it may sound, the best advice I'll give to you is to apply for another WAEC... It seems so difficult, yes! Bhu dhats dha truth. I know dha joy dha enveloped me even after writing two times (kept failing biology) until ah passed with a clean result (phy, Chem, biology, maths, English) where all B3.even had an "A" in a subject ( dha doesn't matter) and I'll tell you the truth bro, it feels so good to be a free man ( have a complete result)..

The course you aspiring for isn't a minor issue to joke with and you should know dha competition attached...

I'm not saying you can't use the result, fine, you can, I'm only sharing an advice...

No one knows the next criteria to be used in scrapping out students (MBBS candidates)

I remember when JAMB came up with their policy last year, a lot of people who had below 250 ( most especially MBBS ASPIRANTS) where moved . Thank God the policy was scrapped...

The schools below, are schools I know accepted 2 sittings WAEC FOR MBBS STUDENTS
1.AAU
2.DELSU
3.UNIABUJA
4.UNIMED
5.NDU
6.ABSU
7.AKSU

Eventually almost all state University accepts 2 sittings..

Bhu the painful thing is this institutions can decide to changed their system and believe me, it won't be funny at all if a 2 sitting holder is at the verge of getting his admission....

I'll still advice you get your clean O' level result just like ah did and be a free man...

Thank me later bro..

Delsu does not accept two sittings
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 7:32am On Feb 02, 2016
Dbrainiac1:

The surgeon is his mum.
Most times people might be tempted that the surgeon was his dad, like a sexist approach to medical fields.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 7:33am On Feb 02, 2016
DrAmanda:

Delsu does not accept two sittings
Please are you in delsu? I don't know if you can help me with something
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MissParagon(f): 10:27am On Feb 02, 2016
hi all, just came across this thread. I just got admission to study medicine through direct entry, but the problem is that am currently serving. I don't know if I should forfeit the service and enter school or to defer my admission and finish youth service. or to do the both at a time by being a ghost Corper and being in school. your advice plssss. its really urgent.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 11:41am On Feb 02, 2016
MissParagon:
hi all, just came across this thread. I just got admission to study medicine through direct entry, but the problem is that am currently serving. I don't know if I should forfeit the service and enter school or to defer my admission and finish youth service. or to do the both at a time by being a ghost Corper and being in school. your advice plssss. its really urgent.
If your university won't ask for nysc discharge certificate you can forfeit the service but if they will your best bet is to defer.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 1:37pm On Feb 02, 2016
grin cool
MissParagon:
Ghost mode... cool
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by preciousnobel(m): 1:57pm On Feb 02, 2016
Like Diapreye said, try to find out the criteria for your school to know the next line of action.
Besides, what school is that?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrAmanda(f): 3:01pm On Feb 02, 2016
Millex:

Please are you in delsu? I don't know if you can help me with something
Yeah, I am. How may I help you?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tnesbe: 3:47pm On Feb 02, 2016
Updated :New Working Magic Ips For Etisalat #0.00 tweak with siphon http://www.ictarenal.com/2016/02/updated-new-working-magic-ips-for.html
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MissParagon(f): 6:02pm On Feb 02, 2016
dearpiriye:
If your university won't ask for nysc discharge certificate you can forfeit the service but if they will your best bet is to defer.

they are not asking for NYSC discharge certificate.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 6:03pm On Feb 02, 2016
MissParagon:

they are not asking for NYSC discharge certificate.
then you are good to go.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MissParagon(f): 6:03pm On Feb 02, 2016
preciousnobel:
Like Diapreye said, try to find out the criteria for your school to know the next line of action.
Nnamdi azikiwe university awka anambra state
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MissParagon(f): 6:04pm On Feb 02, 2016
preciousnobel:
Nnamdi azikiwe university awka anambra state. they are not requesting for discharge certificate
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 6:06pm On Feb 02, 2016
MissParagon:
If the school is in the same state as your service area, you can settle the people at your PPA, and still be attending school, or to ghost it totally. You would still have to attend CDS tho. My sister go to school, there is always a way around it. Opportunity gotten may not be easily regained. All the best.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 6:08pm On Feb 02, 2016
DrAmanda:

Yeah, I am. How may I help you?
Does Delsu write exam for DE? And I would like to know the style of the exams. Also the amount of students they admit via DE. Thank you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 6:09pm On Feb 02, 2016
MissParagon:

Nnamdi azikiwe university awka anambra state. they are not requesting for discharge certificate
Did you write exam for entry to DE? If yes, what was the question style?.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MissParagon(f): 6:10pm On Feb 02, 2016
Millex:

If the school is in the same state as your service area, you can settle the people at your PPA, and still be attending school, or to ghost it totally. You would still have to attend CDS tho. My sister go to school, there is always a way around it. Opportunity gotten may not be easily regained. All the best.
thank you so much. I will try to ghost it though, my ppa and my sch is not in the same area but I will try to work it out
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 6:13pm On Feb 02, 2016
MissParagon:

thank you so much. I will try to ghost it though, my ppa and my sch is not in the same area but I will try to work it out
It's doable, had a colleague who did same last year, he's preparing for Mb in march. He served in Ogun state(sagamu area), his school was Unilag. So he used to settle his ppa then leave school for CDS on his CDS days(thursday)
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MissParagon(f): 6:14pm On Feb 02, 2016
Millex:

yes we wrote exams and its English, 100 questions objectives. oral English inclusive
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MissParagon(f): 6:15pm On Feb 02, 2016
Millex:

yes we wrote exams and its English, 100 questions objectives. oral English inclusive. ur first degree result plays so much part too

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.