Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,200 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (365) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1833496 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ksudr(m): 4:15pm On May 16, 2016
Penboy:
Please who has the link to download 'above and below diaphragm anatomy' textbook by kazi?

I need the link too.
Cc. lomaxx
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Penboy: 5:21pm On May 16, 2016
Ksudr:

I need the link too.
Cc. lomaxx
Cc lagusta
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jemmiee(f): 8:46pm On May 16, 2016
redlyunited:
I've been greatly inspired by this thread.
I'm a microbiology graduate from one of the
Federal Universities, finished with a CGPA of
4.45, and would love to have cross via D.E into
med and surg.
I intend writing G.C.E this year, cos my O'level
isn't that strong, pls hope I won't be required to
submit my original O'level certificate, next year
when I apply for D.E into medicine?
auch! Almost a first class! Ah feel ur disappointment... #experience... I'm a graduate of human anatomy from a federal University too, ai sat for neco gce and waec gce last year, the results were not satisfying as distinction is greatly needed for easier passage through DE. Trust me, pray hard, because the probability of passing well with distinctions in gce is very slim. Ai wonder why too, because it seems they are marked down. Ai eventually had to register for internal waec, which ai just rounded up. About the certificate, ai don't know about the school you want to apply to, but in my Alma mata(Unical), you need to submit certificates, it is assumed you used your certificates for your final year clearance. So statement of result is not accepted for a direct entry applicant. And if you browse and research about the new BMAS for medicine and dental students, one sitting is now required for both jamb and direct entry candidates. With effect from 2016 /2017 session. Ai have two sittings and that really crumpled my plan to apply for DE. However, keep me posted, incase statement of result can be used, so that ai can apply too and not loose out on both sides.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by buharisbae(f): 7:21am On May 17, 2016
Drguzzykola:

68 over 70, ha , ure still asking, u should be the no 1 on d list na perhaps all things equal with ur jamb score o.

Lol I'm not from any catchment area and the score no reach joor! so?!?!?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 8:00am On May 17, 2016
buharisbae:

do your best to be on the merit,

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 8:22am On May 17, 2016
buharisbae:

not getting u well, tell me ur jamb score so I ll know how to give u post ume fact as regard non catchment ishh
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by buharisbae(f): 9:32am On May 17, 2016
Drguzzykola:

not getting u well, tell me ur jamb score so I ll know how to give u post ume fact as regard non catchment ishh

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by walleygee01: 1:29am On May 18, 2016
buharisbae:
hi I'm a med aspirant of Unilag I just wanna ask if I score 68/70 for MBBS and I'm not from any catchment area can I still be offered MBBS??

first of all are you from any of the catchment? if yes, check the previous years cut off and add/minus 3 to ascertain d possible cut off for this year.

but if you are not from catchment, I advice u work towards 70 and above. I think d least d merit cut off can be is 70.00 or 69( probability).
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by kelechiug: 9:15am On May 18, 2016
buharisbae:

ohh! okay congratulations
..thanks smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Creativity14(m): 6:41pm On May 19, 2016
Please I need help on this.
Is High Blood Pressure hereditary?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by STORM2(f): 7:49pm On May 19, 2016
Creativity14:
Please I need help on this.
Is High Blood Pressure hereditary?
Emmm.....I guess if both parents are hypertensive then chances of the kids becoming hypertensive with age is higher. This question is sorta weird though. Kinda depends on what caused the high bp to begin with.
why the question?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by STORM2(f): 7:55pm On May 19, 2016
Mehn this thread has grown.....feel like I need to reintroduce myself or something....here goes...
hi I'm storm2.....500level medical student of the University of Nigeria Nsukka Enugu campus.
Dr Lomax and Lagusta.....hope u guys still show face oh....feeling lonely here

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Creativity14(m): 9:28pm On May 19, 2016
STORM2:

Emmm.....I guess if both parents are hypertensive then chances of the kids becoming hypertensive with age is higher. This question is sorta weird though. Kinda depends on what caused the high bp to begin with.
why the question?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SweetieConstie(f): 10:23pm On May 19, 2016
STORM2:
Mehn this thread has grown.....feel like I need to reintroduce myself or something....here goes...
hi I'm storm2.....500level medical student of the University of Nigeria Nsukka Enugu campus.

Hello Doctor Storm!grin

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by STORM2(f): 12:46am On May 20, 2016
SweetieConstie:

Hello Doctor Storm!grin
hi dearie......okay fine...not feeling all that lonely anymore smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 6:12am On May 20, 2016
I remember you very well joor!
Welcome back!
STORM2:
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jemmiee(f): 9:31am On May 20, 2016
STORM2:
. Phew! #CleaningSweat... Finally ai can find a medical student from the school I'm aspiring to attend. Hi Dr Storm, I'm Jemmiee, a graduate of anatomy, Unical, but an aspirant of UNEC medical school. I'm pleased to meet you. #Grinning
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by davidbolton234: 11:39am On May 20, 2016
please,doctors,i need some pieces of advice frm u all,i chose med&surg in my 2015/2016 jamb in oau,i had 252 as my average score while d stipulated merit cut off mark was 287 though it was my first attempt bt was offered microbiology,i ave great passion to study medicine right frm my childhood and my uncle wants to assist me by saying i shuld study it in u.k after i had graduated in microbiology yet i intend to register for jamb while studying microbiology and apply for medicine,how can i go abt it?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 12:19pm On May 20, 2016
davidbolton234:
please,doctors,i need some pieces of advice frm u all,i chose med&surg in my 2015/2016 jamb in oau,i had 252 as my average score while d stipulated merit cut off mark was 287 though it was my first attempt bt was offered microbiology,i ave great passion to study medicine right frm my childhood and my uncle wants to assist me by saying i shuld study it in u.k after i had graduated in microbiology yet i intend to register for jamb while studying microbiology and apply for medicine,how can i go abt it?
Never put 100% trust on uncles. Your destiny is in your hands. I think you should get another jamb form and maybe this time, try another school. Doing same thing over and over is an act of insanity, try another school. Any school that's fully accredited by NUC and MDCN is very okay for you. In reality nobody actually gives a damn about your school, but you. So, stop wasting your time and grab that which you desire the most ASAP.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by davidbolton234: 12:30pm On May 20, 2016
thanks,a lot.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jemmiee(f): 12:50pm On May 20, 2016
davidbolton234:
Sweetheart I'm not a doctor but ai can help. af told my story over and over again. But lemme repeat myself for ur sake. ai wrote my first jamb, scored 216(ai wasn't serious with my academics den, ai didn't have a reading pattern or plan). I wrote post ume and scored 282, making my aggregate to be 249. medicine cut off den was 260, so ai lost admission for medicine and was given human anatomy. My parents are both academicians, so they advised ai carry on with it, ai did graduate from anatomy and today, ai am working, I'm also applying for medicine through both jamb and direct entry. Trust me, with a first degree, first and second MB will be a walkover for u. But if you are not patient enough, you are free to keep writing jamb at home. However, my advice is for you to accept the MCB admission, put in your best, sit for jamb again. And if your uncle makes good his promise, booom! you are made, In that case you are a graduate, u have nothing to loose.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by davidbolton234: 1:18pm On May 20, 2016
thanks for such a wonderful advice.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GideonOmach(m): 3:56pm On May 20, 2016
Hello members of this great Family!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SweetieConstie(f): 8:57pm On May 20, 2016
GideonOmach:
Hello members of this great Family!!!

Hello Gideon!grin

Where have you been?cheesy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 8:59pm On May 20, 2016
jemmiee:
Trust me, with a first degree, first and second MB will be a walkover for u.
Actually I don't understand your statement above. Are you talking from experience or you're just saying what you think? Because from experience, i don't think that statement is true. So, do well not to mislead people. This is a public forum.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 10:32pm On May 20, 2016
charleymed:
Actually I don't understand your statement above. Are you talking from experience or you're just saying what you think? Because from experience, i don't think that statement is true. So, do well not to mislead people. This is a public forum.
I was about to say that... But what do I know, am just an aspirant.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 11:44pm On May 20, 2016
jemmiee:
Sweetheart I'm not a doctor but ai can help. af told my story over and over again. But lemme repeat myself for ur sake. ai wrote my first jamb, scored 216(ai wasn't serious with my academics den, ai didn't have a reading pattern or plan). I wrote post ume and scored 282, making my aggregate to be 249. medicine cut off den was 260, so ai lost admission for medicine and was given human anatomy. My parents are both academicians, so they advised ai carry on with it, ai did graduate from anatomy and today, ai am working, I'm also applying for medicine through both jamb and direct entry.Trust me, with a first degree, first and second MB will be a walkover for u . But if you are not patient enough, you are free to keep writing jamb at home. However, my advice is for you to accept the MCB admission, put in your best, sit for jamb again. And if your uncle makes good his promise, booom! you are made, In that case you are a graduate, u have nothing to loose.
Don't say things you aren't sure of. Having a first degree doesn't guarantee that 1st and second mb will be a walkover for u. I've seen cases where degree holders with 2.1 didn't even make it past first mb. Be sensitive about the info you give out. Thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:03am On May 21, 2016
kelechiug:
Hello...bosses in the house, the last time I posted on this thread, I was an aspirant and now I'm a 100 level med&surg student in the first and the best uni grin....this thread is a really nice thread and I enjoy following it....well-done guys

Baba i hail, can i chat u on facebook. U can tell me your username.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 4:09am On May 21, 2016
Dbrainiac1:

Don't say things you aren't sure of. Having a first degree doesn't guarantee that 1st and second mb will be a walkover for u. I've seen cases where degree holders with 2.1 didn't even make it past first mb. Be sensitive about the info you give out. Thanks.
I guess what she was trying to say would be that they may be used to university system and all in maturity. Then again...m
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 5:39am On May 21, 2016
Millex:

I guess what she was trying to say would be that they may be used to university system and all in maturity. Then again...m
I don't think she even gets herself. What we were told is that those who come with this particular impression of her's are the ones who don't make it because they feel they already know what is being taught. I didn't want to be the 1st to call her out. Thank God others did. Pls we don't need sentiments when giving advice and try to get your facts right.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 6:29am On May 21, 2016
dearpiriye:
I don't think she even gets herself. What we were told is that those who come with this particular impression of her's are the ones who don't make it because they feel they already know what is being taught. I didn't want to be the 1st to call her out. Thank God others did. Pls we don't need sentiments when giving advice and try to get your facts right.
Lol am a grad (premed) and I know shit is gonna get thicker, Its Just God that will help person

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jemmiee(f): 8:23am On May 21, 2016
charleymed:
. I stand to be corrected. Though it will be very surprising if a graduate of anatomy fails second MB after detailed preparations.

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.