Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,550 members, 7,812,761 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (904) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1826001 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (901) (902) (903) (904) (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 10:34am On Apr 02
Good day medics.

If you are a medical aspirant, I am to share good news to you that FUTA now offer MLS and Public Health. They also offer MBBS. Nursing programme will commence this year's admission process. So you might consider applying to FUTA for these courses.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 10:38am On Apr 02
Afuckedupmedgal:
[color=#770077][/color]
Hi I am a med student too in lasu and let's just say I'm not doing well at all especially mentally I found this thread and im typing on it to see if can find any kind of community for me to feel sane, now you're wondering what's this girl's problem I'm depressed to the extent being depressed is an understatement what makes it worse is that I'm just in 100lvl and am surrounded with many people but know deep down that I can't tell them how I really feel

I'm not doing well in school, I can't seem to understand anything maybe it's because I left secondary school 2years ago and was majorly tired of life in 2023(if Unilag kicked your ass say hi) and what makes me so sad is that I don't know if I'm going to transit because I'm not doing so well as I ought to and Im igbo so automatically I have to prove myself twice as hard everyone else I feel like I'm not cut off for this but I can't back down my parents have given their ALL to give me this opportunity

Another reason that makes it hard for me to speak about how I feel us because it's not so big as the problem of others and I feel ungrateful for complaining but I can't help but feel the way i feel so please if you have nothing nice to say maybe don't say it but I would love some words of encouragement and if youre going through the same thing you're not alone

And I don't even want to be doctor I can't stand the sight of blood and stuff like that but I don't have a choice and I wonder how I'm going to spend seven years of my life studying something I have no zeal for

I assume your case is that you were forced to study MBBS because your parents wanted you to. But it is not what you want and you don't know how to tell them your choice because you don't want to disappoint them. Since you are still in 100 level, it is not too late to let them know the course you have passion rather than wasting 6 years on a course you don't like. So let them know. If they are the understanding type, they will support your dream.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Saviourk: 10:42am On Apr 02
Pls guys recommend good YouTube channels for Medicine and Surgery 🙏

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 10:57am On Apr 02
Saviourk:
Pls guys recommend good YouTube channels for Medicine and Surgery 🙏
Ninja nerd
Dr najeeb lectures
Adel bandok
Medicolosis
Kenhub
AK lectures
Professor fink
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Saviourk: 11:06am On Apr 02
Eben331:

Ninja nerd
Dr najeeb lectures
Adel bandok
Medicolosis
Kenhub
AK lectures
Professor fink
Thanks, boss

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Keeon: 12:23am On Apr 04
Saviourk:
Thanks, boss
Medicolosis is bae. Seriously

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kingnyazonjay(m): 4:23pm On Apr 09
Hi everyone. I am Joshua, a medical student at the Ahmadu Bello University Zaria. In addition to my admission at ABU, I have had quite an eventful and adventurous journey to gaining admission to medical school. It took me seven years in total with numerous trials to finally get into a highly competitive and sort after medical school like ABU. In the end, aside my admission to ABU, I also managed to secure admission to three other additional medschools; FULAFIA, ATBU, & FUWUKARI respectively. I have created a YouTube channel to share my experience on how I managed to navigate through all the ups and downs and eventually gain admission to a fully accredited and highly sort after university like ABU. If you're an aspirant of Medicine and Surgery and are looking for a YouTube channel where you'd find value as regards guidance for your JAMB exam as well as other general tips to help you make informed decisions regarding your admission, I'd recommend that you subscribe to my YouTube channel and turn on the post notification bell as I have created and am still working on several other high quality videos to help medical aspirants and science students in general succeed in their quest to securing admission to their desired courses. In view of the above, I'd like to solicit for the support of the entire community to subscribe and share my YouTube channel link with your friends, students, siblings & mentees. It will go a long way to helping me achieve this goal of academic impact. Thanks in anticipation of a positive feedback from you all. My YouTube link is attached below -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gntoO8eMDpg?si=32DPvIHEjvQ_elfY

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kingnyazonjay(m): 10:53am On Apr 12
I just posted a 7 minute crash course on chemical equilibrium on my YouTube channel. If you're a medical aspirant sitting for JAMB in the coming days, you will find this video quite helpful. Follow the link attached to this message to watch full video. Also ensure to subscribe so you get notified whenever I upload new content.

Chemical Equilibrium Made EASY -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uQUYNJ6MBo?si=TYUTB4lATyOWpH5V

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SF123(m): 9:09pm On Apr 14
Kingnyazonjay:
I just posted a 7 minute crash course on chemical equilibrium on my YouTube channel. If you're a medical aspirant sitting for JAMB in the coming days, you will find this video quite helpful. Follow the link attached to this message to watch full video. Also ensure to subscribe so you get notified whenever I upload new content.

Chemical Equilibrium Made EASY -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uQUYNJ6MBo?si=TYUTB4lATyOWpH5V
Greetings chief. Please in regards to the name of your youtube channel, should in case i don`t want to view in via Nairaland. What is the name of the youtube if i want to search directly via youtube channel.
N.B: i am not writting UTME.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Johnwrite(m): 10:18pm On Apr 14
Nice on but now work no just de this country
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 1:21pm On Apr 15
Pheww.
Final year Exmas Baiby grin
Who i know here bayi. Lol
I don finally Age but we survived.

5 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mete3: 4:07pm On Apr 15
Congratulations Dr. ISISs
The lord will forever be your strength..
ISISs:
Pheww.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SF123(m): 4:37pm On Apr 16
ISISs:
Pheww. Final year Exmas Baiby grin Who i know here bayi. Lol I don finally Age but we survived.
Congratulations Chief
Best of luck in all ramification.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 11:57pm On Apr 16
SF123:
Congratulations Chief

Best of luck in all ramification.
Thank you so much.
Good to see a message from one, two or so.. Although i tried real hard to recal the monicker, but its fine grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 11:57pm On Apr 16
mete3:
Congratulations Dr. ISISs
The lord will forever be your strength..
Thank you so much smiley
And you too.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vegan99: 6:05am On Apr 17
ISISs:
Pheww.
Congratulations ISIS! See how far you've come. I changed my moniker, so you might not recognise me.

I know you from the days of Dr donpre, Dr babola07, mrhistorian, Dr ajet01, Dr Venmotors, Ntalibans, Barr. Oldfoolniger, condomsir,

Weldone sir, I pray you finish well and finish strongly.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 1:00pm On Apr 17
ISISs:
Pheww.
Congratulations in advance chief

You suppose know me at least

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Origamist: 2:10pm On Apr 17
Afuckedupmedgal:
[color=#770077][/color]
Hi I am a med student too in lasu and let's just say I'm not doing well at all especially mentally I found this thread and im typing on it to see if can find any kind of community for me to feel sane, now you're wondering what's this girl's problem I'm depressed to the extent being depressed is an understatement what makes it worse is that I'm just in 100lvl and am surrounded with many people but know deep down that I can't tell them how I really feel

I'm not doing well in school, I can't seem to understand anything maybe it's because I left secondary school 2years ago and was majorly tired of life in 2023(if Unilag kicked your ass say hi) and what makes me so sad is that I don't know if I'm going to transit because I'm not doing so well as I ought to and Im igbo so automatically I have to prove myself twice as hard everyone else I feel like I'm not cut off for this but I can't back down my parents have given their ALL to give me this opportunity

Another reason that makes it hard for me to speak about how I feel us because it's not so big as the problem of others and I feel ungrateful for complaining but I can't help but feel the way i feel so please if you have nothing nice to say maybe don't say it but I would love some words of encouragement and if youre going through the same thing you're not alone

And I don't even want to be doctor I can't stand the sight of blood and stuff like that but I don't have a choice and I wonder how I'm going to spend seven years of my life studying something I have no zeal for
Hello
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tochipamela(f): 3:53pm On Apr 17
Hello everyone

I just applied for medicine through direct entry.But I don't really know what to study for the aptitude test which they said will start this year.
I really need tips on what to expect.

Then,are we going to write screening with other JAMB applicants?

How can I get the textbooks here in Nsukka?
I really have plenty questions...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Haustyne(m): 6:24am On Apr 18
Tochipamela:
Hello everyone

I just applied for medicine through direct entry.But I don't really know what to study for the aptitude test which they said will start this year.

U don't write exam for direct entry. Only post DE/screening exam and it depends on the school u applied to.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 8:03am On Apr 18
ISISs:
Pheww.
wowww Congratulations Doc! cheesy

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 8:04am On Apr 18
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 8:04am On Apr 18
Tochipamela:
Hello everyone

Follow up the school you applied to and find out if they give test to their direct entry aspirants. Congratulations in advance. cheesy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tochipamela(f): 8:31am On Apr 18
I applied to UNN.
Okay. Thank you for your reply. I appreciate

Haustyne:

U don't write exam for direct entry. Only post DE/screening exam and it depends on the school u applied to.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tochipamela(f): 8:36am On Apr 18
RuyiMedicDiary:
Follow up the school you applied to and find out if they give test to their direct entry aspirants. Congratulations in advance. cheesy

Alright. I'll keep checking their website.
Thank you so much. I appreciate your feedback and for congratulating me already.It feels like I've gotten it already smiley

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SF123(m): 5:28pm On Apr 18
ISISs:

Thank you so much.
Good to see a message from one, two or so.. Although i tried real hard to recal the monicker, but its fine grin
Doc, it is me Kosisochukwu. The pal that use to ring you at night during my jamb days.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AbdSalis: 6:06pm On Apr 20
Hi, I'm really sorry to ask such a cliché question but I'm an aspiring student of FUTA(mbbs obviously), last time I did UTME, I scored 297 and had 79 in post UTME but didnt get into UI so I chose FUTA this time, I just have a few questions
First, what is their likely cut off, I know they don't publish cut offs but I'd like any FUTA doctor to give an estimate.
Second, apparently they did screening not post UTME, what exactly does this mean, does it mean I just have to upload my O'level and sit back and wait for the list?
Also, my O'level score would be 17.4 based on how they've calculated it in recent years, it'd be nice if someone could just give me a UTME score that would, along with my, O'level, guarantee admission.

P.S- I wrote UTME yesterday
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 6:57pm On Apr 20
You're indeed a Fellow.. I had to even see names that i've forgotten mhen. Salutes my bro. You really brought memories with all the names and they're all doing great. I wish you did'nt change your Monicker smiley
Vegan99:
Congratulations ISIS! See how far you've come. I changed my moniker, so you might not recognise me.

I know you from the days of Dr donpre, Dr babola07, mrhistorian, Dr ajet01, Dr Venmotors, Ntalibans, Barr. Oldfoolniger, condomsir,

Weldone sir, I pray you finish well and finish strongly.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 7:22pm On Apr 20
Donpre:

Congratulations in advance chief

You suppose know me at least
grin
Men Them.
Una don dey come out.
Thanks Mann
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 7:27pm On Apr 20
SF123:
Doc, it is me Kosisochukwu. The pal that use to ring you at night during my jamb days.
Oh,.. Kosi
My guy. Hope you are doing well ?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 7:29pm On Apr 20
RuyiMedicDiary:
wowww Congratulations Doc! cheesy
Thank youu Ruyi
God's grace.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (901) (902) (903) (904) (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.