Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,866 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Attrition: How Do U Handle It? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Attrition: How Do U Handle It? (1080 Views)

Crazy Request A Fan Posted On Dangote's Twitter Handle(screenshot) / Ago&lpfo Trucking: Can U Handle This Supply? / How I make my millions and How To Handle Business Start Up/ Business Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Attrition: How Do U Handle It? by Rebirth(m): 7:55pm On Jan 11, 2008
For Business Owners/Entreprenuer, if u are not one then u are most likely guilty too!!!

one of the major problems with running small busineses is that you hire unemployable people (people who can get jobs in the bigger companies), make them better in more ways than one and when u have improved their value, given them the experience they so desperately lacked, they just leave in the coldest of manners.
I am getting sick of it. it is really p***ing me off. at times i feel like just having them arrested and make them pay 3 months in lieu of resignation. angry angry angry

what do u think?
Re: Attrition: How Do U Handle It? by easimoni(m): 8:18pm On Jan 11, 2008
If you find really really good people, make them partners and give them a share of profits. Go out of your way to provide benefits that rival the companies you are trying to become. Treat them as well as you'd treat yourself. And then PRAY, because no matter what, some will still leave.
Re: Attrition: How Do U Handle It? by Rebirth(m): 8:27pm On Jan 11, 2008
i have read that in books: make them partners and all
but when it's all said and done, how do u make someone a partner in a venture that does not have shares in the sense of it. nigerians want money not potential money, real now now money
i have tried giving them control of the business, where i just disappear for a while, let them do things their own ways. take charge but when they are empowered, they get out of control. since there is no hierachy with just a few people, there tend to rock the boat a lot

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Register a Trademark in Nigeria? / How To Submit A Proposal To Nddc Or Other Government Agencies / )))

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.