Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,779 members, 7,817,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Help Needed In Networking 2 Systems - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help Needed In Networking 2 Systems (701 Views)

Why Are Apple Systems So Expensive? / Need Work Exprience In Networking / What Does Computer Networking Entail? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed In Networking 2 Systems by kay8080: 8:47am On Jan 12, 2008
hello gurus here, I would need assistance from you guys on how to configure two systems to be browsing with my dail-up connection, Precisely a laptop and a desktop, the laptop has the internet connection but I want to be browsing with the desktop too using the laptop connection,

Ur contributions would be appreciated

Thanks
Re: Help Needed In Networking 2 Systems by uspry1(f): 7:54pm On Jan 12, 2008
Suggest you to buy and install one WIFI-based wireless router/lan for pc and one wireless lan adapter for laptop. Use pc to set up for internet connection/networking in order for wireless lan adapter detection automatically.

read existing thread explaining how it works on my posting at below:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-101931.0.html
Re: Help Needed In Networking 2 Systems by Neoteny(m): 5:05pm On Jan 13, 2008
if both systems have wifi just create an adhoc network, then share the internet connection between the two by selecting the properties of the internet connection and clicking the advanced tab. enable ICS.

or get a crossover (not straight through) cat 5 cable and link the 2 systems via ethernet, then do as above to share the connection.
Re: Help Needed In Networking 2 Systems by kay8080: 9:24pm On Jan 13, 2008
thanks guys 4 replying my post, but the problem is that the desktop doesn't have wifi so its kind of hard using the wireless connection so what would u advise me to do
Re: Help Needed In Networking 2 Systems by koseepaaro(m): 9:54pm On Jan 13, 2008
NOTE: make sure you mark "Turn On File Sharing" when you are presented with the message.

You laptop must tell you that you need to restart you system in order to complete the network configuration. So, restart the system as instructed.

For the two systems to communicate, go to your desktop system and do the same on it by double-clicking on My network Places, click on "Setup Home Or Small Office Network, ,

Hope this help.
Re: Help Needed In Networking 2 Systems by Goshen360(m): 6:58pm On Jan 30, 2008
hey, just connect 2 systems is simple man , just use a cross cable dats all, 4get all those trash n stories, more details, contact goshen360@yahoo.co.uk

cheers
Re: Help Needed In Networking 2 Systems by solakbj(m): 1:17am On Jan 31, 2008
number one which os are u using
if its windows vista, just setup an adhoc network and turn on internet sharing such that d laptop becomes the gateway for the desktop

if its windows xp pro, u go to status of the network u r using and click on properties, once on property page,there are 2 or 3 toggles, clicking each you should find allow other computer to connect through the system and you must check the box. its only that way u can shared internet on xp pro.

if u got any issues with it, holla me on mossventures@yahoo.com or drop a msg using my yahoo IM :- godzypat.

hope you find it useful enough.

(1) (Reply)

42 Inch Projection Tv For Quick Sale / I Need A Help / Create Autorun Cd Your Self

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.