Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Asp.net & Ms Sql Server Versus Php & Mysql - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Asp.net & Ms Sql Server Versus Php & Mysql (929 Views)

Can I Use Php With Ms Sql Database? / Ms Sql / Creating Complex / Advanced Search Forms With Sql Queries In Dreamweaver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asp.net & Ms Sql Server Versus Php & Mysql by filanto(m): 11:39am On Sep 19, 2012
Much voice has been heard on the net about why php with mysql server should be used over asp.net with ms sql server or the other round, but not much facts or reasons has been given. I took a considerable time to read many posts and arguments on this topic, but the only point i could remember and probably the only point that filled the net was about the issues of Open source and licensing.

Best on your experience(s), why and when should one of this technologies prefer to the other? Take into considerations
1. Cost (code editor included)
2. security ( both the application integrity and code security)
3. Ease of Maintenance
4. Time of development
5. ... etc
Ease of learning is excluded
Re: Asp.net & Ms Sql Server Versus Php & Mysql by filanto(m): 1:29pm On Sep 24, 2012
no comment? No reasons?
Re: Asp.net & Ms Sql Server Versus Php & Mysql by DualCore1: 1:52pm On Sep 24, 2012
I think what you have taken time to read across the interwebs is enough for you to make a decision on what to go for. This topic is a time waster. Use what works for you.

1 Like

Re: Asp.net & Ms Sql Server Versus Php & Mysql by filanto(m): 9:30pm On Sep 26, 2012
Dual Core: I think what you have taken time to read across the interwebs is enough for you to make a decision on what to go for. This topic is a time waster. Use what works for you.
yeah but as i said, i didn't get more facts. I know that there are experienced web developers/programmers in nairaland. My question is calling for personal experience from those that have used the two technologies.
I hope you can decode it right

(1) (Reply)

Gtpay Payment Module For Opencart Developed By Me / Jamb 2015 Cbt Registration Access Code For Cafe Nd Other Interested / My New Project, Iweorin.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.