Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,484 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

"I Got A Job Through Using Linked In" - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / "I Got A Job Through Using Linked In" (981 Views)

I Got This For Asking My Boss My February Salary / Now That I Got A Job I Am Now Confused. / Got A Job Through Linkedin??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"I Got A Job Through Using Linked In" by HotsButs(f): 4:41pm On Sep 19, 2012
That was one job-seeker's testimony.
Traditional Recruiting Sources popularly used in Nigeria are Newspaper Job Vacancies, Company Website Vacancies, Online Job Boards (e.g. Jobberman), amongst others.

But is there a role for Social Media in Recruitment?
Compared to the traditional recruiting sources, is it better for a jobseeker actively seeking employment to use Social Media tools like Linked In, Facebook or Twitter to get news about job opportunities?

I would love to hear your opinions about the use of Social Media Recruiting Sources by Nigerian jobseekers.
(I would especially want to hear from those who are unemployed and are actively job-hunting)

I am a Masters of Business Administration student at the University of Leicester, UK and I am carrying out research that will be used to write my thesis.

Please let me know your opinions (anonymously) by answering these brief questions below.

Please answer the questions, copy both answers and questions and send everything in the body of an email to recruitresearchnig@yahoo.com.
Thank you for all your support!

Questions:

1. Are you unemployed? (This also includes those in part-time jobs, looking for something full-time, or those who are currently employed full-time but are looking to change jobs)
Yes
No
2. Are you an Internet User? Yes or No
3. Are you on Linked In? Yes or No
4. Are you on Facebook? Yes or No
5. Are you on Twitter? Yes or No
6. Are you on the three (Linked In, Facebook or Twitter)? Yes or No

7. Do you use any or all of the three (Linked In, Facebook or Twitter) to get information about current job opportunities? Yes or No

8. Have you gotten to Interview stage or even Job-Offer stage for a job you learnt about via any or all of the three (Linked In, Facebook or Twitter)? Yes or No

9. Have you ever gotten a job through the use of any or all of the three (Linked In, Facebook or Twitter)? Yes or No

10. Do you think that there are a lot of opportunities to get a good job via any or all of the three (Linked In, Facebook or Twitter)? Yes or No

11. Through links with Friends, Family, Neighbours, Colleagues, Schoolmates and those connected to them on Linked In, Facebook and Twitter, jobseekers can get good jobs fast.
True
False

12. What do you think about the above statement (Q.11)? What has been your experience?
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

13. What is your age-range?
(21 – 31) (31 – 41) (41 – 51) (51 and above)

14. Are you…
Male
Female

15. What is your level of education?
Secondary School Cert HND/OND Bachelor’s Degree Masters

(1) (Reply)

Kpmg Recruitment And Selection Process / GTB: Would You Rather Work With Them? A Victimised Former Employee Tells It All / Construction Workers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.