Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Change Of Career Path - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Change Of Career Path (1094 Views)

Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate / Top 10 "Go To" Guys Of Career, Jobs/vacancies & Education Sections Of Nairaland / Which Is A Better Choice Of Career- Audit Or Tax (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Change Of Career Path by Gloriousson: 6:39pm On Sep 20, 2012
dear nairalanders,what advice/counsel do you have to give to someone who had interest in working in the bank for like 5 years and then exit for lecturing job perhaps after making some savings and some laudable achievements both selfwise and familywise but happened to find himself in the bank as a contract staff for over 4years and so could not have d dreams met.
your advice will be highly appreciated.
Re: Change Of Career Path by obowunmi(m): 7:42pm On Sep 20, 2012
Stop asking for permission to live your life.

2 Likes

Re: Change Of Career Path by duality(m): 12:08am On Sep 21, 2012
obowunmi: Stop asking for permission to live your life.
grin
i just had to laugh.
Re: Change Of Career Path by obowunmi(m): 12:12am On Sep 21, 2012
All these nairaland questions don tire me sef.
Re: Change Of Career Path by AjanleKoko: 9:38am On Sep 21, 2012
obowunmi: All these nairaland questions don tire me sef.

It's not really people's fault. The society is upside down in Naija. People have been beaten into mental submission by the environment.

@OP,
So what do you plan to do now?
I'm guessing since you were a contract staff, you never had enough time and money to study further, or do your familywise, etc, achievements.
Re: Change Of Career Path by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 21, 2012
obowunmi: Stop asking for permission to live your life.
try and give good advice..dat's 1 reason i dt lik raising issues on NL sumtyms...its a serious issue...jobs,hopes n dreams of many pple re shattered daily..
Re: Change Of Career Path by AjanleKoko: 9:52am On Sep 21, 2012
cedaraustine:
try and give good advice..dat's 1 reason i dt lik raising issues on NL sumtyms...its a serious issue...jobs,hopes n dreams of many pple re shattered daily..

Don't shoot the messenger.
Sometimes, what people need is a kick in the backside. But I have noticed, especially here in the Career section, people want a boob to suckle on instead.

1 Like

Re: Change Of Career Path by Gloriousson: 10:07am On Sep 21, 2012
I think some people on this forum are so depraved in mind that they need a paradigm shift of mindset. a point was raised for advice and instead of making your inputs relative to what was raised,certain unscrupulous individuals are making silly comments.
YOU BETTER WRITE EDIFYING WORDS OR YOU FOREVER KEEP SILENT...
Re: Change Of Career Path by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 21, 2012
Gloriousson: I think some people on this forum are so depraved in mind that they need a paradigm shift of mindset. a point was raised for advice and instead of making your inputs relative to what was raised,certain unscrupulous individuals are making silly comments.

try and calm down plz...i get ur pt buh u can mk it known witout using such words...many pple in d past hv opened thread lik these jst for personal pleasure(because its open 2 al) so i also respect his perspective..pple would respond as tym goes i guess..

this issue of being a casual worker is pervasive.i rily dt advise pple 2 go in2 it but of course wen der is no better alternative, wat do u do? stil work on ur dreams, u could change ur approach buh dt lose d fire..al d best
Re: Change Of Career Path by Gloriousson: 11:25am On Sep 21, 2012
thank you @cedaraustine.God will bless you.it's pple like you that we need on this forum.
keep keeping on,dear...
Re: Change Of Career Path by AjanleKoko: 12:09pm On Sep 21, 2012
Gloriousson: I think some people on this forum are so depraved in mind that they need a paradigm shift of mindset. a point was raised for advice and instead of making your inputs relative to what was raised,certain unscrupulous individuals are making silly comments.

shocked shocked
Re: Change Of Career Path by Mustay(m): 1:18pm On Sep 22, 2012
This question appears more like trying to carry out sensitivity analysis/a case study/ a futuristic question/ 'testing testing' question. Looks more like the OP tryna get us to solve a 'crackle' when the scenario ain't real.
Re: Change Of Career Path by obowunmi(m): 1:29pm On Sep 22, 2012
Gloriousson: dear nairalanders,what advice/counsel do you have to give to someone who had interest in working in the bank for like 5 years and then exit for lecturing job perhaps after making some savings and some laudable achievements both selfwise and familywise but happened to find himself in the bank as a contract staff for over 4years and so could not have d dreams met.
your advice will be highly appreciated.

@ OP, ok - let me try to assist you.

1. How much have you saved?

2. What are your achievements?

3. Why would a University hire you? What subject will you teach?

4. What exactly is stopping you from achieving your dreams? Is it because they are not realistic?

Let's start with those questions.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Office Relationships.... / Nigerian Army Recruitment Shortlist Slot,assistance And Help.  .  08135887110 / I Need A Sincere Career Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.