Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,649 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria. (16075 Views)

Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? / Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria / How To Make Money Breeding Dogs - Starting A Responsible Dog Breeding Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria. by withyhu: 9:31pm On Sep 20, 2012
This is a business ‎​dat has come to stay in Nigeria. Most people think you need to be very comfortable to get into this business, well that may be true if ‎​U lack the neccessary information to survive in this business. Here's a brief run down on how to start and succeed in this business.
For people like me who do not like stress, i wud advice you go for an adult female dog...,hold ur horses, you might probably think am wako, but am not. I started this business with an adult ROTTWEILER and trust me, it wasnt such a sucide mission as i thought it wud be. I pretty much din av d time to go for a puppy, which by all standard , is the best. I wanted something less stressful and with a quick ROI, which i got. She came on heat exactly one month and three days from the day i bought her and in less than six months i got a ROI of over 500k. This process repeats its self twice a year. My dog consumes 25kg of indomie a month which i buy for N2125 and 15kg of Foetus which goes for N2250 ie N150 per kg, then i buy a dewormin tablet for N750 which lasts for 5months and her vitamin supplement is between N1k5 and N2k which lasts for 3months and 10days(it contains 100tabs, one per day). So, in 5months i spend between 25k and 30k on one dog dats excluding Anti-rabis vaccine which goes for 2k per year....i could go on and on, but time W̸ouldŋ't permit ♏ε̲̣.
A good Rott puppy goes for between N60k and as much as N250k
A GOOD boerboel puppy goes for between N70K and above
A "". Bullmastiff goes for N90 and above...etc.
Its a win win business, regardless of the sex of dog you get, stud or bitch you'l always win. For studs, wen your stud comes of age and it begins 2mate, ‎​U'l start makin good money. But you need a very good stud 2make it, by good i mean, big box head, nices paws and amazing chest. Mating fees is between N10k and above for mastiffs(this is based on the power of negotiation though) and you're entitled to one puppy from the litter. For more info about dis business just give me a call for free tips and advice as to how to start and survive in dis business. 08032631582, 08172918810, 08051838126. Below is a picture of my stud male, He's imported from south africa. He produces fantastick puppies.

4 Likes

Re: Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria. by Kpdogkennels: 12:07pm On Oct 30, 2012
i need a adult ROTTWEILER any one?

1 Like

Re: Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria. by gowaga68: 12:51am On Feb 16, 2013
OP nice post but wait o how and where can someone get a cheap means of shipment?
Re: Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria. by withyhu: 7:25am On Feb 18, 2013
Mmmmmm...it's bin a while, okay, am goin 2make dis brief also....i recently encounted some hiccups in dis business that is capable of fraustratin sum1 out of this business. Am talkin about infections in dogs. Now, listen up, dis, reali, is sumtin to worry about. I recently lost over 300k to infections. I cant reali remember the name right now, buh i cud give ‎​U a brief discription about it. It hapuns after your bitch delivers, if ‎​U press d bitch's nipple ‎​U'l discover an off white fluid coming out of d nipple ie frm 1 of d tiny hole, den d normal breast milk frm d other hole. This fluid kills pups very fast, in my case, d strongest of d litter died afta 5days or so, few hours b4 they died, they'l be like, gaspin for breath, openin and closing their mouth sequentiali til they eventuali gve up. Here's a comprehensive list of d tinz ‎​dat must b done b4 ‎​dat bitch meets d stud. Always vaccinate ur dog b4 matin, dewormin is anoda important tin 2do, try and gve anti-biotics to flush out wateva pups treatening infections, kip ur environment clean @all tyms, if ‎​U can, give "BITCH PILLs" from d first day of heat to d day of conception(dis helps d bitch 2 lactate well). Here are some of the pills and Tabs my breeder frnds and i use ‎​dat has bin working for us: Augumentin 675mg or 375mg- this takes care of staph in both studs and bitches, give 1 a day for about 6-7days d month ‎​U feel you feel ur dog will come on heat, den wen she's on heat, deworm her and give vaccines(dhpp) sud work d magic, Augilotef, ciprotab 500mg, Bactrim forte 800/160mg all works like Augumentin, but i tin Augumentin is stronger cos it takes care of most infections. As regards deworming, Prazisam or wormazole wud do d jab, 4 or 5 tabs wil do just fine. A mad breeder frnd of mine does sumtin, he combines chloroquin and ciprotab or bactrim forte to tackle infections, and he discoved ‎​dat d combination also makes his "lab dog"-a local dog he runs tests on, comes on heat earlier dan usual, and she delivers aftawards, although dis combo reali makes her luz weight atyms, but it works for him.
I stand 2b corrected in all i've sed, like i sed, diz are tins that have bin tested and trusted, self medication isnt soo good, but nor b everytime person dey get money for vet.
Here's a quick recap of d tins todo b4 ur bitch meets ‎​dat stud:
1. Give vaccines and anti-biotics d month ‎​U feel she'l come on
2. Place her on bitch pills frm day1 of d heat 2d day d pups stop suckin.
3. Deworm her properly
4. Kip surroundings clean.
5. Make sure all diz tins are properly done b4 ‎​U enback on d journey.
NB: all ‎​U just read are the things that works for my breeder frnds and me, there's no guaranty ‎​dat they will work for everybody. All d best in ur breeding business. I'll kip psotin posible solutions to certain problems frm time to time.God bless Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 18, 2013
U r lucky it didnt turn out to be the wild type...
Re: Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria. by MrUzo: 12:19am On Apr 16, 2013
I have a 11weeks old ROTT WEILER puppy and now I just got a chance to travel out for a course abroad so i want to sell my female puppy now because ones i leave no one would take care of it. Interested buyers should please. Call me up 08027717474

1 Like

Re: Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria. by Ishiedorcas(f): 10:30am On Oct 05, 2013
Boer boel puppies for sale. Please call : 08033884796, 08075894032. Thanks.
Re: Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria. by kingsley989(m): 1:37pm On Oct 06, 2013
Ishiedorcas: Boer boel puppies for sale. Please call : 08033884796, 08075894032. Thanks.

Your location and how much each?
Re: Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria. by mayor2013: 4:51pm On Oct 06, 2013
Boerbull puppies for sale, 2days old wld b ready to pick up in 3 weeks time. Book yours by calling 08156087872 (whats app) or 08165520837
Re: Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria. by kingsley989(m): 12:55pm On Nov 03, 2013
Hello fellas. I just got a two months old puppy rottweiler, I wish you guys to give me tips on what and how to feed him for better growth. All suggestions will be very welcomed. Thanks
Re: Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria. by Seun(m): 8:26am On Jul 18, 2014
What's the foetus that you feed your dog with? Your dog seems very healthy and big so it must be something good ...
Re: Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria. by oluomoadebayo: 8:58am On Jul 18, 2014
withyhu: Mmmmmm...it's bin a while, okay, am goin 2make dis brief also....i recently encounted some hiccups in dis business that is capable of fraustratin sum1 out of this business. Am talkin about infections in dogs. Now, listen up, dis, reali, is sumtin to worry about. I recently lost over 300k to infections. I cant reali remember the name right now, buh i cud give ‎​U a brief discription about it. It hapuns after your bitch delivers, if ‎​U press d bitch's nipple ‎​U'l discover an off white fluid coming out of d nipple ie frm 1 of d tiny hole, den d normal breast milk frm d other hole. This fluid kills pups very fast, in my case, d strongest of d litter died afta 5days or so, few hours b4 they died, they'l be like, gaspin for breath, openin and closing their mouth sequentiali til they eventuali gve up. Here's a comprehensive list of d tinz ‎​dat must b done b4 ‎​dat bitch meets d stud. Always vaccinate ur dog b4 matin, dewormin is anoda important tin 2do, try and gve anti-biotics to flush out wateva pups treatening infections, kip ur environment clean @all tyms, if ‎​U can, give "BITCH PILLs" from d first day of heat to d day of conception(dis helps d bitch 2 lactate well). Here are some of the pills and Tabs my breeder frnds and i use ‎​dat has bin working for us: Augumentin 675mg or 375mg- this takes care of staph in both studs and bitches, give 1 a day for about 6-7days d month ‎​U feel you feel ur dog will come on heat, den wen she's on heat, deworm her and give vaccines(dhpp) sud work d magic, Augilotef, ciprotab 500mg, Bactrim forte 800/160mg all works like Augumentin, but i tin Augumentin is stronger cos it takes care of most infections. As regards deworming, Prazisam or wormazole wud do d jab, 4 or 5 tabs wil do just fine. A mad breeder frnd of mine does sumtin, he combines chloroquin and ciprotab or bactrim forte to tackle infections, and he discoved ‎​dat d combination also makes his "lab dog"-a local dog he runs tests on, comes on heat earlier dan usual, and she delivers aftawards, although dis combo reali makes her luz weight atyms, but it works for him.
I stand 2b corrected in all i've sed, like i sed, diz are tins that have bin tested and trusted, self medication isnt soo good, but nor b everytime person dey get money for vet.
3. Deworm her properly
NB: all ‎​U just read are the things that works for my breeder frnds and me, there's no guaranty ‎​dat they will work for everybody. All d best in ur breeding business. I'll kip psotin posible solutions to certain problems frm time to time.God bless Nigeria.

Indomie and foetus are not helping your dog and you need to invest more on your dog nutrition and you won't have to worry about infections because healthy dogs fight these off on their own. Indomie is just a filler and has no nutritional value for your best friend while foetus lack the necessary nutrient of a complete diet. Your dog may look good but would be down with any contacts with infection.

1 Like

Re: Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria. by Seun(m): 9:36am On Jul 18, 2014
@oluomoadebayo: Pls help me out. What kind of foetus is he talking about? Animal foetus, I hope?
Re: Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria. by millhouse: 10:41am On Jul 18, 2014
FOLLOWING
Re: Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria. by henry007(m): 7:55pm On Jul 18, 2014
withyhu: Mmmmmm...it's bin a while, okay, am goin 2make dis brief also....i recently encounted some hiccups in dis business that is capable of fraustratin sum1 out of this business. Am talkin about infections in dogs. Now, listen up, dis, reali, is sumtin to worry about. I recently lost over 300k to infections. I cant reali remember the name right now, buh i cud give ‎​U a brief discription about it. It hapuns after your bitch delivers, if ‎​U press d bitch's nipple ‎​U'l discover an off white fluid coming out of d nipple ie frm 1 of d tiny hole, den d normal breast milk frm d other hole. This fluid kills pups very fast, in my case, d strongest of d litter died afta 5days or so, few hours b4 they died, they'l be like, gaspin for breath, openin and closing their mouth sequentiali til they eventuali gve up. Here's a comprehensive list of d tinz ‎​dat must b done b4 ‎​dat bitch meets d stud. Always vaccinate ur dog b4 matin, dewormin is anoda important tin 2do, try and gve anti-biotics to flush out wateva pups treatening infections, kip ur environment clean @all tyms, if ‎​U can, give "BITCH PILLs" from d first day of heat to d day of conception(dis helps d bitch 2 lactate well). Here are some of the pills and Tabs my breeder frnds and i use ‎​dat has bin working for us: Augumentin 675mg or 375mg- this takes care of staph in both studs and bitches, give 1 a day for about 6-7days d month ‎​U feel you feel ur dog will come on heat, den wen she's on heat, deworm her and give vaccines(dhpp) sud work d magic, Augilotef, ciprotab 500mg, Bactrim forte 800/160mg all works like Augumentin, but i tin Augumentin is stronger cos it takes care of most infections. As regards deworming, Prazisam or wormazole wud do d jab, 4 or 5 tabs wil do just fine. A mad breeder frnd of mine does sumtin, he combines chloroquin and ciprotab or bactrim forte to tackle infections, and he discoved ‎​dat d combination also makes his "lab dog"-a local dog he runs tests on, comes on heat earlier dan usual, and she delivers aftawards, although dis combo reali makes her luz weight atyms, but it works for him.
3. Deworm her properly
find out about the name of that infection pls
Re: Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria. by withyhu: 10:03pm On Jul 19, 2014
One of My females...

Re: Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria. by Seun(m): 10:21pm On Jul 19, 2014
withyhu: One of My females...
Pls can you explain what you mean by foetus?
Re: Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria. by henry007(m): 12:03am On Jul 20, 2014
Seun:
Pls can you explain what you mean by foetus?
cow foetus from those cows that mallams kill without knowing they're pregnant. they're sold as a whole with the placenta in the abattoir somewhere in agege

1 Like

Re: Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria. by promise2020(m): 7:20am On Jul 22, 2014
i luv dogs so much, i had my first dog when i was 11 it was a bingo sha bet a smart one, i was so young and did not have money to go for a good bred but i train and took good care of the one i had that it was better than my neighbor GSD and rott when it comes to obedient and security(alert when som1 is at the gate), but something happened all his hair begin to fall out till the was no hair on his body, ppl said i gave it plantain to eat that was why, i end up losing that dog, i missed it so much so i got another one but a female this time, the breeder cheated me that it was a cross bred GSD and sold it 18k, but even til new(she is 4year now) i cant see anything GSD in it but due to the love i had for dogs i did not give up i stil gave it the care and training i will have given to a rott if i had one, it looks healthy, smart and owk but what is not is not. so 11month ago i got a good GSD this one i got it form a friend who bred only GSD, i saw the parents and grand parents just that we are in Nigeria not Germany so i gave it 90% pure not 100. this dog is 1year now and am thinking of going into dog business with it. which bred can i get to per it with, bred that wil be easy to maintain, train and most important obedient because a dog can not be eating my small small moni and when i say com it is going, sit it is jumpin, so far i hav kept 3 dogs and none hav disappoint me. where i stay if you com out wit 7 GSD(40k each) pup to sell and another person comes out wit 7 rott(90each)pup, the person wit rott will sell all bfore you.
Now my question is i have a male 1year 90% GSD, and a local bred female dog and 20k at hand and want to go into the business, am not too in a hurry. please advise me on what to do
Re: Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria. by Seun(m): 8:29am On Jul 22, 2014
@promise2020: Can you post pictures of your dogs please? I think you should just continue to enjoy your dogs. The dog business is not all that.

@henry007: Thanks a million for the explanation. So foetus is the cheapest meat in Nigeria! What do people use it for, apart from feeding dogs?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria. by henry007(m): 11:15am On Jul 22, 2014
Seun: @promise2020: Can you post pictures of your dogs please? I think you should just continue to enjoy your dogs. The dog business is not all that.

@henry007: Thanks a million for the explanation. So foetus is the cheapest meat in Nigeria! What do people use it for, apart from feeding dogs?
I just googled it now, some pple eat it coz the meat and bones are all tender.
Re: Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria. by oluomoadebayo: 11:52am On Jul 22, 2014
henry007: I just googled it now, some pple eat it coz the meat and bones are all tender.
Is it preservable?
Re: Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria. by henry007(m): 12:21pm On Jul 22, 2014
oluomoadebayo:
Is it preservable?
yes it's fresh meat na
Re: Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria. by Apitch(m): 3:31pm On Jul 22, 2014
@Oluomoadebayo, I've learnt a lot from U but I'll disagree with U on the foetus issue, I don't know why dey call it foetus but to me it's a calf and it's very ok for dogs. Educate me if I'm mistaking pls
Re: Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria. by oluomoadebayo: 4:32pm On Jul 22, 2014
Apitch: @Oluomoadebayo, I've learnt a lot from U but I'll disagree with U on the foetus issue, I don't know why dey call it foetus but to me it's a calf and it's very ok for dogs. Educate me if I'm mistaking pls

@hery007 made the clarification and I think if one could see the so called foetus regularly nothing wrong with feeding it but like I said earlier, indomie or rice is just a filler that have no nutritional value for our 4 legged friend. Nothing wrong if you can get the right ratio.
Re: Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria. by Seun(m): 10:36pm On Jul 22, 2014
oluomoadebayo: indomie or rice is just a filler that have no nutritional value for our 4 legged friend.
Actually, it is not a pure filler. It has some nutritional value. Dogs developed the ability to digest cooked starch around the time that they were domesticated. The enables them to survive on human garbage and cooked table scraps. However, it stresses their digestive system.
Re: Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria. by henry007(m): 11:45pm On Jul 22, 2014
Seun:
Actually, it is not a pure filler. It has some nutritional value. Dogs developed the ability to digest cooked starch around the time that they were domesticated. The enables them to survive on human garbage and cooked table scraps. However, it stresses their digestive system.
its filler in the sense that your dog cannot look healthy on even the richest quantities of rice without meat/fish. where as it would be very healthy and muscular on regular supply of meat and fish ALONE!
Re: Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria. by oluomoadebayo: 5:37am On Jul 23, 2014
Seun:

Just tell me the nutrient they are getting from it.
Re: Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria. by Akunyun(m): 8:10am On Jul 23, 2014
@ Oluomoadebayo, Indomie as an example isn't a full filler lyk dah, I did analysis on my dog's Indomie and I realised that it's high in fat -26percent, protein - almost 10, energy - ova 4000kcal/kg and Henry is ryt in d sense that dey can't be fed on that alone and luk healthy unless an animal source of protein is added to it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bullymax And Gorillamax For Quick Sale / My Female GSD Is Refusing To Mate With Male Dogs What Should I Do (photos) / Mythical Mystical Creatures (ryeopedia)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.