Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,232 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Which Is Faster And Better In Nigeria, Air Or Road Transortation? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which Is Faster And Better In Nigeria, Air Or Road Transortation? (582 Views)

Osogbo To Abuja By Air or road: Price And Procedures Pls. / Douala,cameroon- By Air Or By Land,,expert Travellers,pls Advise / We Handle All Your Logistics Needs At The Nigerian Air Or Sea Ports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which Is Faster And Better In Nigeria, Air Or Road Transortation? by klexy04: 10:17pm On Sep 20, 2012
This thread might sound awkward @ d glimpse of the topic but there is more to just giving it a wave of the hand. I am sharing this because i have been a victim on several occasions which everyone knows that air transportation has a whole lot of merits over the road transportation.
For the last two consequtive travelings i had to make by air nw were very nasty experiences due to the incompetence and unprofessionalism of Nigeria's aviation industry.
I was to travel from Lagos to Abuja yesterday and my flight was scheduled for 3pm only for my trip to be rescheduled for 4.30pm and later again 6pm. Arriving @ the airport as early as 1pm, we didnt board d plane until 7.30pm only due to claimed operational problem. Even trying to b relieved of a take off soon, it only worsened because we were informed that d plane we were to travel with now has a technical problem. After about another 2hrs, we finally took off and we landed safely. I regreted the journey so much that i had to start making comparism that if i had departed Lagos in the morning by road, i would av gotten to my destination before the time of the aircraft.
Please i need you to help make known ur stand on this type of disappointment caused by the airline as to which u would prefer to always travel with.
Re: Which Is Faster And Better In Nigeria, Air Or Road Transortation? by Vicjustice: 6:24am On Sep 21, 2012
klexy_04: This thread might sound awkward @ d glimpse of the topic but there is more to just giving it a wave of the hand. I am sharing this because i have been a victim on several occasions which everyone knows that air transportation has a whole lot of merits over the road transportation.
For the last two consequtive travelings i had to make by air nw were very nasty experiences due to the incompetence and unprofessionalism of Nigeria's aviation industry.
I was to travel from Lagos to Abuja yesterday and my flight was scheduled for 3pm only for my trip to be rescheduled for 4.30pm and later again 6pm. Arriving @ the airport as early as 1pm, we didnt board d plane until 7.30pm only due to claimed operational problem. Even trying to b relieved of a take off soon, it only worsened because we were informed that d plane we were to travel with now has a technical problem. After about another 2hrs, we finally took off and we landed safely. I regreted the journey so much that i had to start making comparism that if i had departed Lagos in the morning by road, i would av gotten to my destination before the time of the aircraft.
Please i need you to help make known ur stand on this type of disappointment caused by the airline as to which u would prefer to always travel with.
I did understand what you meant even by reading the title before opening to read your article because, I have experienced all that and have been of the opinion that land travel may be faster (especially by train: I judge from my experience in Europe).
It is reasonable to take into consideration the time it takes to drive to the airport (which are usually located away from city centres)
The time it takes to be on queues during check-in;
The time it takes to pass airport security;
And then, waiting for your flight time;
Waiting inside the plane for departure;
Even on arrival, it takes time to walk to the arrival hall:
And yet you need a ride to get to the city centre since airports are usually located outskirts (not Ikeja airport though)
It is a shame that Nigeria does not have good land transport system, if not, land transportation would have been much faster and efficient. Delays and cancellations are more common with airlines.
Re: Which Is Faster And Better In Nigeria, Air Or Road Transortation? by klexy04: 11:49am On Sep 21, 2012
Yes, u are very correct and i quite agree with u....thanks 4 d comment

(1) (Reply)

About Tt Services Etihad Airway / An Interview At The U.s Embassy With My Family, Pls I Need Your Advice. / 6 Burnt And Others Injured In Mokwa Crash.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.