Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,745 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:52 AM

Please Enlighten Me On This - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Please Enlighten Me On This (963 Views)

I'm So Confused About This, Pls Enlighten Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Enlighten Me On This by Ayomivic(m): 2:13pm On Sep 21, 2012
Salam maleikun. Pls, i want to be enligtened on this question.The question goes like this

I want to know if Muslims today are following Mosaic laws ? If they are following it , how? If they are not, why?
Re: Please Enlighten Me On This by LagosShia: 2:18pm On Sep 21, 2012
Ayomivic: Salam maleikun. Pls, i want to be enligtened on this question.The question goes like this

I want to know if Muslims today are following Mosaic laws ? If they are following it , how? If they are not, why?

We are following the Quran and Islamic law.if what you refer to as "mosaic laws" are revealed by God to Moses (as) then yes we follow them because you will find it in the Quran.we follow all that was revealed to the prophets as Jesus (as) said he came to fulfill and compliment the prophets and not destroy them.the Quran also make it clear there is no change in the tradition/laws of God.Jesus (as) insisted in many places in the new testament on observing the commandments of God.
Re: Please Enlighten Me On This by maclatunji: 3:09pm On Sep 21, 2012
Ayomivic: Salam maleikun. Pls, i want to be enligtened on this question.The question goes like this

Between Moses (AS) and Prophet Muhammad (SAW) was Jesus (AS). A considerable amount of the principles in Mosaic law are reflected in Sharia. You should know that Sharia is the updated version of divine law that Mosaic law is a part of.

You Know there are still people who claim to follow Mosaic law, these are Jews. We Muslims tell them that they're outdated and need to update to Sharia and become Muslims.

For the record, by Sharia, I mean Islamic law which is divine.

1 Like

Re: Please Enlighten Me On This by obowunmi(m): 3:47pm On Sep 21, 2012
A muslim telling Jews their religious laws are outdated. Talk about religious intolerance and deep seated hatred for the Jews.

I think the Jews should start beheading innocent people. Rubbish.
Re: Please Enlighten Me On This by maclatunji: 3:49pm On Sep 21, 2012
obowunmi: A muslim telling Jews their religious laws are outdated. Talk about religious intolerance and deep seated hatred for the Jews.

I think the Jews should start beheading innocent people. Rubbish.

Your sentiments are sentiments. Moses agrees with me.

Hahaha.
Re: Please Enlighten Me On This by obowunmi(m): 3:53pm On Sep 21, 2012
maclatunji:

Your sentiments are sentiments. Moses agrees with me.

Hahaha.

You spoke with Moses in person abi?

Muslims need to stop being violent savages that kill innocent people. Why does Islam promote hatred?
Re: Please Enlighten Me On This by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 21, 2012
obowunmi:

Muslims need to stop being violent savages that kill innocent people. Why does Islam promote hatred?
why are changing the topic? Ur derailing the thread, you'll get banned!
Re: Please Enlighten Me On This by maclatunji: 4:12pm On Sep 21, 2012
obowunmi:

LOL. I agree people need to stop being savages who kill innocent people, just as others need to stop making sweeping generalizations about Muslims.

The stories of Moses are well-documented in the Qur'an as well as Hadith. Several stories not in the Bible or Jewish scripts.

Do you know that Moses is reported to have a strong influence on the number of Salat we Muslims observe daily?

You're intelligent enough to carry out extensive independent research about Islam on your own.

Go to http://www.searching-islam.com and submit any queries you might have. This will help you become more enlightened and capable of managing Islam and Muslims better.
Re: Please Enlighten Me On This by obowunmi(m): 4:16pm On Sep 21, 2012
Garri_Activist: why are changing the topic? Ur derailing the thread, you'll get banned!

Why will I get banned? Are you a moderator?
Re: Please Enlighten Me On This by usisky(m): 5:14pm On Sep 21, 2012

Peace be upon you too Brother!

Brother, i suspect you are a pious individual seeking knowledge. God will open your heart towards acceptance of truth
for as long as you are sincere to HIM. Wouldn't want to say much; please go through the following links- God will make things clearer for you.

Ten commandments in the Quran

Befriending Jews and Christians according to Quran

Did Jews ever pray similar to Muslims?

Unity of All believers, Christians and Jews

Universal Message

Judaism, Christianity and Other Religions

One God/One Religion

[22:34] For each congregation we have decreed rites whereby they commemorate the name of GOD for providing them with the livestock. Your god IS ONE AND THE SAME god; you shall all submit to Him. Give good news to the obedient.

[29:46] Do not argue with the people of the scripture (Jews, Christians, and Muslims) except in the nicest possible manner - unless they transgress - and say, "We believe in what was revealed to us and in what was revealed to you, and our god and your god IS ONE AND THE SAME; to Him we are submitters."

Unity of All Submitters To God Alone

[2:62] Surely, those who believe, those who are Jewish, the Christians, and the converts; anyone who (1) believes in GOD, and (2) believes in the Last Day, and (3) leads a righteous life, will receive their recompense from their Lord. They have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve.

Also repeated in 5:69.

Righteous Jews & Christians

[3:113] They are not all the same; among the followers of the scripture(jews and christians), there are those who are righteous. They recite GOD's revelations through the night, and they fall prostrate.

SHALOM!

www.submission.org
www.miracleof19.org
www.masjidtucson.org
www.quranalone.com

(1) (Reply)

What You Did Not Know About Islam! / The Beauties Of Islam / Islam And Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.