Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,240 members, 7,957,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:02 PM

19 Reported Dead As Pakistanis Protest Muhammad Video - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 19 Reported Dead As Pakistanis Protest Muhammad Video (764 Views)

ISIS Circulates Sex Slave Price List & Executes 19 Girls For Refusing Sex (PICS) / Chemical Weapons Attack Reported in Syria War / Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

19 Reported Dead As Pakistanis Protest Muhammad Video by ektbear: 6:44pm On Sep 21, 2012
19 Reported Dead as Pakistanis Protest Muhammad Video
By DECLAN WALSH
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan — Violent crowds furious over an anti-Islamic film made in the United States convulsed Pakistan’s largest cities on Friday, leaving up to 19 people dead and more than 160 injured in a day of government-sanctioned protests.

It was the worst single day of violence in a Muslim country over the film, “Innocence of Muslims,” since protests began nearly two weeks ago in Egypt, before spreading to two dozen countries. Protesters have ignored the United States government’s denunciation of the film.

Friday’s violence in Pakistan began with a television station employee dying from gunshot wounds during a protest in the northwestern city of Peshawar, then was amplified through armed protests in the southern port of Karachi that left between 12 and 14 people dead, Pakistani news media reported.

By nightfall Geo, the leading television station, was reporting 19 deaths around the country.

Less violent protests occurred in other Muslim countries, but were exacerbated by the publication of cartoons depicting the Prophet Muhammad in a French satirical weekly.

In Bangladesh, several thousand Islamist activists took to the streets of the capital, Dhaka, waving banners and torching a symbolic coffin for President Obama that was draped with the American flag. "Death to the United States and death to French”, they chanted.

In Tunisia, the government invoked emergency powers to outlaw all demonstrations; American diplomatic posts in India, Indonesia and elsewhere closed for the day.

France closed embassies and other institutions in 20 countries while, in Paris, some Muslim leaders urged their followers to heed a government ban on weekend demonstrations.

“There will be strictly no exceptions. Demonstrations will be banned and broken up,” said Manuel Valls, the interior minister.

In Pakistan, the streets erupted from early morning in Peshawar, where protesters torched two cinemas. Two people, including the television employee, Muhammad Amir, were killed.

Mr. Amir’s employer broadcast graphic footage of hospital staff giving him emergency treatment shortly before he died, which other Pakistani journalists condemned as insensitive and irresponsible.

Some protesters tried to reach the city’s heavily guarded American consulate, which has a strong Central Intelligence Agency component. By evening, hospital officials said at least five people were dead and more than 50 injured.

See the rest here: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/22/world/asia/protests-in-pakistan-over-anti-islam-film.html?_r=1&hp

Religion of peace, or a cult of death and violence?
Re: 19 Reported Dead As Pakistanis Protest Muhammad Video by fagamite: 6:52pm On Sep 21, 2012
What does this have to do with us as Nigerians?
Re: 19 Reported Dead As Pakistanis Protest Muhammad Video by trusmile(m): 7:42pm On Sep 21, 2012
fagamite: What does this have to do with us as Nigerians?
shocked i'm surprise, why should i start killing my family membershocked simply because one useless devil worshippers in america releases a contradicting video. It wasn't me brother that blasphem for God's sake and even if he does i'll pray for his forgiveness.
Re: 19 Reported Dead As Pakistanis Protest Muhammad Video by Soulcaine(m): 7:44pm On Sep 21, 2012
@ the post

Me no sabi plenty but the small i know is that this protest is not ordinary. Who remembers libya ? I pitied ghadaffi not because he was good but because his govt was collected from him whilst he watched. Innocence of muslims movie ordinary? Heavens no!
Am no conspiracy theorist but i know one when i see. Lemme take u thru my mind

Act 1: in the US of A
its almost election and the american populace think we have just been fighting wars all over. We have pro-palestine apologists in our country what do we do?
''mr president, show our pple that these arabs are blood thirsty"
"how" asks the president
"the gadaffi way, the revolution just went on hiatus, its back!"

act 2
compiling the list of situations that can trigger unrest in the middle east, the innocence of muslims was stumbled on (or previously produced) and uploaded on you tube and "leaked" to media houses and fanatics.

Act 3
get a tribal leader in pakistan to ur side,supply him with ammunitions and turn a blind eye to his affiliations with al-qaeda another govt would handle him.

Act 4
assembly a bamboo court in the UN say "the us will not intervene but will protect innocent citizens" russia argues make a deal not to ask them to disclose their nuclear arsenal and let them deault on their "SALT" agreement. Tell china u would turn a blind eye to their prosecution and torture of human rights activists. They dis agree openly, keep mum politically.

Act 4
allow, influence cajole or sponsor the killing of an american or pro american supporter in pakistan. That does it*imitating homer simson* drone them! All of dem turban wearing animals.

Act 5
the raid was successful american wins. The election was successful too POTUS is unchanged. What about that tribal leader, the enemy of americans?
Re: 19 Reported Dead As Pakistanis Protest Muhammad Video by ektbear: 11:52pm On Sep 21, 2012
^- Indeed, the protest appears to have been sanctioned by the Pakistani gov't
Re: 19 Reported Dead As Pakistanis Protest Muhammad Video by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 22, 2012
"Innocence of Muslems!"

The protests, the deaths, the threats:
all shows that these Muslems are actually deceived.

It is a pity!
Re: 19 Reported Dead As Pakistanis Protest Muhammad Video by Callotti: 7:24am On Sep 23, 2012
Boy!
They really must have never phocked 'virgins' on Earth.
Good riddddddddddance! kiss

Why is it only these poverty-stricken 'hamlets' that would carry this wahala on their necks? undecided
Are there no Muslims in Saudi Arabia or the UAE?
Religion is really 'OPIUM' for the 'WRETCHED'! grin

(1) (Reply)

Israel Starts Gas Production / Is the US-Iran icy relationship starting to warm up ? / How Far Are We From World War 3 With This Vision From Albert Pike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.