Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God (5359 Views)

Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Jesus Is Not A Christian, By Femi Aribisala / Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Wednesday 20 February 2013 The Unbroken Christian By (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:44pm On Sep 21, 2012
Do u know your purpose on earth?Do you know why God created a beautiful human being like you?If you do,are you living up to that purpose?Have you dedicated you life to serve and glorify him?

1 Like

Re: Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 22, 2012
hmm.
I remember my pastor's message titled "pre-destination according to purpose" The message lasted 3days.
Re: Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God by HumbledbYGrace(f): 6:30pm On Sep 22, 2012
acidosis™:
hmm.
I remember my pastor's message titled "pre-destination according to purpose" The message lasted 3days.
have u found ur purpose?
Re: Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 22, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: have u found ur purpose?

oh yes I've found my purpose in christ Jesus!! Eureka!! I've found the saviour!!

1 Like

Re: Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:43pm On Sep 22, 2012
acidosis™:

oh yes I've found my purpose in christ Jesus!! Eureka!! I've found the saviour!!
Psalm 1

2 Likes

Re: Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 07, 2012
Sometimes i get mad at God for making life so complicated! Or even for allowing things to be this way!!!!! That's if he exists anyways! Every human has an opinion, to the extent they begin seeking their purpose on earth!!!! Maybe your purpose is just to eat, fart and die! did that ever occur to you awon oloshi!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God by Kslib(m): 11:07am On Oct 07, 2012
engineerd: Sometimes i get mad at God for making life so complicated! Or even for allowing things to be this way!!!!! That's if he exists anyways! Every human has an opinion, to the extent they begin seeking their purpose on earth!!!! Maybe your purpose is just to eat, fart and die! did that ever occur to you awon oloshi!!!!!
Come to think of it,how can someones purpose on earth be to eat,fart and die?... God is too intelligent to do that..
@engineered,maybe that's your purpose on earth,but certainly not mine....

3 Likes

Re: Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 07, 2012
HERES MY ANSWER FROM A PREVIOUS QUESTION WITH THE SAME PREMISE

ITS A GOOD QUESTION AND LOGICALLY LIFE SEEMS LIKE A POINTLESS CYCLE. BUT GUESS WHAT ? YOU ARE PART OF IT SO ALL YOU CAN DO IS KILL YOURSELF EVERYTIME YOU POP UP INTO THE WORLD SEEING AS IT IS POINTLESS. ( ME BEING SARCASTIC BECAUSE THE GUY SAID LIFE WAS POINTLESS ) SERIOUSLY THOUGH THE PURPOSE OF IT IS TO FEEL, TO EAT, TO DRINK, TO LOVE, TO EXIST PHYSICALLY ( BOOK OF ECCLESIASTES ). WE ARE SPIRITUAL BEINGS HAVING A PHYSICAL EXPERIENCE. ENJOY YOUR DRINK. ENJOY YOUR FOOD. ENJOY YOUR PASSIONS BE IT READING NOVELS OR SPORTS ETC ETC. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY YOU ARE HERE TO CREATE HEAVEN ON EARTH BY LIVING PEACEABLY WITH ALL MEN WHILE SYNCED WITH GOD.

2 Likes

Re: Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God by niceG: 11:19am On Oct 07, 2012
we had purpose driven capaign in my church, it started august 18 and lasted for one month. it was an eye opener. I recommend "PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE" BY RICK WARREN for evry christian.

2 Likes

Re: Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God by Medley(m): 11:26am On Oct 07, 2012
your purpose on earth is to live a fulfille life in every of ur pursuit and to ensure that u save the many dying souls from hellfire by showing them the way to God and living daily to please God alone.

2 Likes

Re: Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God by RIchibabe(f): 11:37am On Oct 07, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: Do u know your purpose on earth?Do you know why God created a beautiful human being like you?If you do,are you living up to that purpose?Have you dedicated you life to serve and glorify him?
Yes I know the purpose why God Created Me, He Created me so that i can Spread His Word throughout the nations of the Earth! And am living up to that..Praise God!
Re: Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God by bid4rich(m): 11:48am On Oct 07, 2012
I think the purpose of life is to be happy and useful.

Think of all the numerous things done by people that have make our lives easy, aeroplane, computers, phones etc I may consider those things as part of their purpose which God has deposited in them. All you need do is to look within yourself and search out your own gift that can add value to other people out there. It is only is this you can be truly happy and feel complete and satisfied. Thats my take
Re: Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 07, 2012
Yes, he created me to touch pples life with my kind hrt.
To lift up a dying and broken spirit with my kind words.
To share my time, love and money, with those dat nids it.
To put a smile on pples faces.
To offer my shoulder for pple to lean on in tym of their trouble. Etc.

And am a member of a CHARITABLE GROUP, because i knw its my purpose in life, its why my God created me. It gives me joy, being the reason for pples happiness.

2 Likes

Re: Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 07, 2012
What's SEXKILLZ purpose in life?

Mine is to serve God both here on earth and when I get to heaven! All other ones are additions!
Re: Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 07, 2012
I know this thread won't make up to 2 pages cos it does not have the following words:

W
1) GEJ
2) Dame Patience Jonathan
3) Tribalistic brouhaha
4) How to find a wife or gf
5) Picture Davido eating fufu or Freecoacoa wearing pant!
6) "GARRI"

God have mercy on us all!
Re: Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God by Jyde89: 12:19pm On Oct 07, 2012
wink
bid4rich: I think the purpose of life is to be happy and useful.

Think of all the numerous things done by people that have make our lives easy, aeroplane, computers, phones etc I may consider those things as part of their purpose which God has deposited in them. All you need do is to look within yourself and search out your own gift that can add value to other people out there. It is only is this you can be truly happy and feel complete and satisfied. Thats my take
Nough said.....
Re: Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God by Jyde89: 12:26pm On Oct 07, 2012
My purpose is simple. Be a blessing unto humanity, i'm already serving God the day i gave my life to christ.
Re: Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God by Fukup(m): 12:33pm On Oct 07, 2012
niceG: we had purpose driven capaign in my church, it started august 18 and lasted for one month. it was an eye opener. I recommend "PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE" BY RICK WARREN for evry christian.
yea.dat book is really a life changing book.the book made me to understand my purpose here on earth.am also recommending it to all christians who really wana achieve it in life and also make heaven.
Re: Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 07, 2012
Kslib:
Come to think of it,how can someones purpose on earth be to eat,fart and die?... God is too intelligent to do that..
@engineered,maybe that's your purpose on earth,but certainly not mine....
this is my purpose biatch!!!!! OPPAN GANGNAM STYLE BITCHEEESSSSSS!!!!!

Re: Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 07, 2012
AFTERALL GOD MIGHT JUST BE A FIGMENT OF OUR IMAGINATIONS....OR LACK OFF!!!!
Re: Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 07, 2012
To live at peace with my fellow man and make integrity, honesty, a quest for knowledge and hardwork the pillars of my life here on earth.
Re: Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God by Chemical2(m): 1:02pm On Oct 07, 2012
uhonmora: To live at peace with my fellow man and make integrity, honesty, a quest for knowledge and hardwork the pillars of my life here on earth.

Not bad!!! If many had this same purpose! just Tinking Out Loud!!!
Re: Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 07, 2012
Ofo l'aye ja mo. Vanity upon Vanity, all is Vanity!
Re: Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God by changeagent(m): 1:18pm On Oct 07, 2012
​♍Ɣ purpose on earth is to give God pleasure (Revelation 4vs11) by doing what what he has commanded me to do in the Bible and RHEMA given to me. You cannot know and fulfill God's purpose for your life without a closed relationship with Him.
Re: Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God by Ezeufi: 1:22pm On Oct 07, 2012
The purpose of a black christian man or woman is to serve the white people. That is why white people want every black african become a christian.
Re: Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God by Orikinla(m): 1:37pm On Oct 07, 2012
[size=18pt] First and foremost, if you don't have any personal relationship with God in truth and in spirit, you are wasting your time in lip service and eye service of church goers.
And you cannot have any personal relationship with God without the Holy Spirit.
Majority of those claiming to be "Christians" in Nigeria have no experience with the Holy Spirit, that is why they are not living purpose driven life of a true Christian led by God.

As Jesus Christ said:

15. Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

16. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles?

17. Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.

18. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.

19. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

20. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

~ Matthew 7:15-20 (New International Version)

You must define your true character as a Christian before you can then live the purpose driven life of a Christian by God.
Nigeria is in the rot she is today, because majority of Nigerians are rotten as well.
We are what we do.
Nigeria is what Nigerians are.

We cannot plan and plot evil and wickedness in our greediness and selfishness against our fellow humans and still claim to be Christians.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God by Orikinla(m): 1:38pm On Oct 07, 2012
[size=18pt] First and foremost, if you don't have any personal relationship with God in truth and in spirit, you are wasting your time in lip service and eye service of church goers.
And you cannot have any personal relationship with God without the Holy Spirit.
Majority of those claiming to be "Christians" in Nigeria have no experience with the Holy Spirit, that is why they are not living purpose driven life of a true Christian led by God.

As Jesus Christ said:

15. Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

16. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles?

17. Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.

18. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.

19. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

20. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

~ Matthew 7:15-20 (New International Version)

You must define your true character as a Christian before you can then live the purpose driven life of a Christian by God.
Nigeria is in the rot she is today, because majority of Nigerians are rotten as well.
We are what we do.
Nigeria is what Nigerians do.

We cannot plan and plot evil and wickedness in our greediness and selfishness against our fellow humans and still claim to be Christians.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 07, 2012
I think the purpose of our existence is help others when we can. Human beings are God's treasures, if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.

1 Like

Re: Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God by k2039: 1:54pm On Oct 07, 2012
[size=13pt]"There is no blackboard in the sky on which God has written your purpose, your mission in life. There's no blackboard in the sky that says, "Neale Donald Walsch. Handsome guy who lived in the first part of the twenty-first century, who .. ."And then there's a blank. And all I have to do to really understand what I'm doing here, why I'm here, is to find that blackboard and find out what God really has in mind for me. But the blackboard doesn't exist.

So your purpose is what you say it is. Your mission is the mission you give yourself Your life will be what you create it as, and no one will stand in judgment of it, now or ever."- Neale Donald Walsch

I actually got that from the movie the secret,I dont know what to make of Neale Donald Walsch quote,serioudly I am still pondering on it

[/size]
Re: Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God by Orikinla(m): 1:55pm On Oct 07, 2012
emmysenior: I think the purpose of our existence is help others when we can. Human beings are God's treasures, if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.

YOU HAVE SAID IT ALL.

IF YOU CANNOT BE A BENEFIT TO OTHERS, PLEASE DON'T BE A PROBLEM TO THEM.
Re: Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God by bid4rich(m): 2:20pm On Oct 07, 2012
You are not what you say you are until you ACT what you say you are. And that is INTEGRITY
Look deep within yourself then you will find yourself in yourself by yourself
Re: Purpose Driven Life Of A Christian By God by Moralistli(m): 2:34pm On Oct 07, 2012
The purpose of life is to live a life of purpose.....Know thyself, have a personal goal/dream and pursue it!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Here Are 8 Christian Terrorist Organizations That Equal ISIS / A Thread For Atheists, Skeptics, Agnostics, deists, Irreligious etc! / How Satan Stop Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.