Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,762 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks (8736 Views)

A Thread For Benchmarks... / Samsung Cheats Again In Note 3 Benchmarks / 3d Graphics Benchmarks: Iphone Vs N95 Vs P1i Vs Dell Axim X51v (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by texazzpete(m): 11:08am On Sep 22, 2012
Finally Anand from Anandtech.com got around to doing the iPhone 5 benchmarks. The result? Beats SGS III in most Categories, GPU beats the Adreno 320 in the LG Optimus G

So much for the 'iPhone 5 is inferior specs' crap grin
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by texazzpete(m): 11:10am On Sep 22, 2012
Also from PCMag

[url]http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2410034,00.asp[/url]

The iPhone 5 looks to be the fastest smartphone we've ever tested at PCMag.com.

Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by coogar: 11:33am On Sep 22, 2012
end of discussion!
nothing more to be said on this matter - i hope samsung fans can nurse their wounds in the silent mode.
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by BlackBaron: 11:53am On Sep 22, 2012
Lol. Even Optimus G got thumped.

End of the day though, android offers me a flexibility Apple can not match if not...
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 22, 2012
BlackBaron: Lol. Even Optimus G got thumped.

End of the day though, android offers me a flexibility Apple can not match if not...
So you believe all these unofficial tests pedal around by iPhone 5 Sponsored media. I am not going to shout about this overrate piece of aluminium. Time will tell of the truth!

The Jelly Bean test flogged iPhone 5 hands down!

1 Like

Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by texazzpete(m): 1:30pm On Sep 22, 2012
all4naija: So you believe all these unofficial tests pedal around by iPhone 5 Sponsor media. I am not going to shout about this overrate piece of aluminium. Time will tell of the truth!

DO YOU KNOW WHO ANAND SHIMPI FROM ANANDTECH IS?!!

Not even the most rabid Android fanboy with Google tattoos on his testicles will EVER call Anandtech an 'Apple sponsored site'.

Are you this desperate?! Please, just stop talking!

all4naija:

You don't know what you're babbling about. Anandtech specifically discourages using Geekbench as a benchmark tool for comparison between iOS and Android devices...which is clearly why his only use of Geekbench was in comparison between iPhone 4S and iPhone 5. In the earlier round of Geekbench benchmarks, the iPhone 5 outscores the stock Galaxy S III running ICS. Users with overclocked Android phones running custom Jellybean ROMs have since been desperately falling over themselves to obtain marginally higher scores in a totally apples-to-oranges benchmark.

Using standard suites like Sunspider, GL benchmark, Browsermark and Google's Octane benchmarks, the iPhone 5 clearly outstrips the competition.

It's a shame that blind fanboyism has blinded you to the truth.

Just in case you need the source link

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6324/the-iphone-5-performance-preview
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 22, 2012
Now I need to flog all these plastic phone users
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 22, 2012
texazzpete:

DO YOU KNOW WHO ANAND SHIMPI FROM ANANDTECH IS?!!

Not even the most rabid Android fanboy with Google tattoos on his testicles will EVER call Anandtech an 'Apple sponsored site'.

Are you this desperate?! Please, just stop talking!

You don't know what you're babbling about. Anandtech specifically discourages using Geekbench as a benchmark tool for comparison between iOS and Android devices...which is clearly why his only use of Geekbench was in comparison between iPhone 4S and iPhone 5. In the earlier round of Geekbench benchmarks, the iPhone 5 outscores the stock Galaxy S III running ICS. Users with overclocked Android phones running custom Jellybean ROMs have since been desperately falling over themselves to obtain marginally higher scores in a totally apples-to-oranges benchmark.

Using standard suites like Sunspider, GL benchmark, Browsermark and Google's Octane benchmarks, the iPhone 5 clearly outstrips the competition.

It's a shame that blind fanboyism has blinded you to the truth.

Just in case you need the source link

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6324/the-iphone-5-performance-preview
I am tired of your incessant outbursts. They don't change anything about Apple inability to bring to the table something different. The shape still remain the same, I can hardly differentiate iPhone 4(s) from 5. Whatever, your claims haven't changed anything with those tests,though, are unofficial and will remain like that for sometime to come. Please, point to where iPhone 5 outstrip Samsung Galaxy S III using Jelly Bean? Before you start using excuse like fanboyism or whatsoever coined term by you and the benchmark from your anandtech.

Hahaha...Besides the processor, point to HD video recording quality, Battery Life, Talk time, external memory size,posterior Cam quality,etc if Samsung didn't do better.
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by texazzpete(m): 2:36pm On Sep 22, 2012
all4naija: I am tired of your incessant outbursts. They don't change anything about Apple inability to bring to the table something different. The shape still remain the same, I can hardly differentiate iPhone 4(s) from 5. Whatever, your claims haven't changed anything with those tests,though, are unofficial and will remain like that for sometime to come. Please, point to where iPhone 5 outstrip Samsung Galaxy S III using Jelly Bean? Before you start using excuse like fanboyism or whatsoever coined term by you and the benchmark from your anandtech.

Hahaha...Besides the processor, point to HD video recording quality, Battery Life, Talk time, external memory size,posterior Cam quality,etc if Samsung didn't do better.

Chill, son, Anandtech's reviews are still ongoing.

By the way, what do you mean by 'unofficial'? Are you waiting for Samsung to benchmark their own phone, benchmark the iPhone and release the results? or are you expecting Apple to do so for you?

Sorry to burst your bubble but

1) JellyBean is not available for the Galaxy S III
2) jellybean will not change the GL benchmarks GPU scores which the iPhone 5 destroys the Quad Core Mali 400 in the SGS III.

Funny how you now reach for reviews on battery life, camera quality etc. Don't worry, they are coming. If you think these will be automatic wins for Samsung, you're sadly mistaken.

Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by texazzpete(m): 2:40pm On Sep 22, 2012
See the industry legend wey all4naija dey rubbish just because of blind fanboyism

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/27/anand-shimpi-reviewer-from-raleigh_n_1708488.html
Meet Anand Shimpi: Tech Industry Finds An Oracle In The Reviewer From Raleigh

Anandtech's credibility cannot be impeached. If you like, use your usual crappy arguments about 'unofficial' and 'jellybean'. I suspect your life's meaning may be crashing down around your ears because a dual core SoC has outclassed your Quad Core darling. cheesy
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by na2day(m): 2:42pm On Sep 22, 2012
Ahahaa grin
Na wa o!
Apple pipuls grin
Thou must justify thy rabid love for thy idol grin
Fact is this iPhone 5 released almost 6 months later, is still struggling with Galaxy S3 for benchmark topdog!
Anyways sha,
I have benchmark results here too grin grin grin

Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by na2day(m): 2:57pm On Sep 22, 2012
grin And make una no forget o!
Galaxy S4 is coming out in November!
and where is my next love (Lumia 920) in all these benchmarking battle naa grin
Would really love to see its own result! grin
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by texazzpete(m): 3:00pm On Sep 22, 2012
na2day!:
Ahahaa grin
Na wa o!
Apple pipuls grin
Thou must justify thy rabid love for thy idol grin
Fact is this iPhone 5 released almost 6 months later, is still struggling with Galaxy S3 for benchmark topdog!
Anyways sha,
I have benchmark results here too grin grin grin

As Anandtech noted nearly a week ago

Although Geekbench is cross platform, I wouldn't recommend using this data to do anything other than compare iOS devices. I've looked at using Geekbench to compare iOS to Android in the past and I've sometimes seen odd results.

Nice try, though.

Funny enough, Geekbench seemingly gives inconsistent results...this review from June says

The high performance of the S3 is backed up by benchmarking. Using the Geekbench app, which measures devices based on processor speed and memory, the S3 scored an average of 1387. This is considerably higher than the HTC One X (709) and over double the 626 for the iPhone 4S.

and i've attached a sample of the reviews from the Geekbench app on Google Play. Basically, the results wildly vary from 1200 - 1800 for the Android version.

Sorry bro, but Anandtech's analysis is more robust...and he uses top notch benchmarks, including Google's recently released Octane benchmarks which they claim reflects modern web use.

There you go. Safari destroying Chrome on the powerful One X...which is supposedly google's best effort.

Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by na2day(m): 3:13pm On Sep 22, 2012
That was a trip wire naa grin grin grin
U try!

of course what did you expect?
Apple had about 6 months to overpower the most powerful phone and they came out doing that (only in speed anyway)!
Samsung is also taking her lessons, come November when S4 comes out, their new Hussain Bolt will again leave Iphone 5 in the dust!
It will always get better and the consumers reap the benefit of smaller and more powerful phones! grin

A toast to the new King (even if its only for 2months) grin

(On a lighter note, my wife has caught the Iphone 5 bug too and i can't change her mind, she is getting one!) grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by texazzpete(m): 3:41pm On Sep 22, 2012
na2day!:
U try!

Apple had about 6 months to overpower the most powerful phone and they came out doing that (only in speed anyway)!
Samsung is also taking her lessons, come November when S4 comes out, their new Hussain Bolt will again leave Iphone 5 in the dust!
It will always get better and the consumers reap the benefit of smaller and more powerful phones! grin

(On a lighter note, my wife has caught the Iphone 5 bug too and i can't convince her not to get it) grin grin grin

SGS4? That'll be march next year at the earliest.

PS: I just paid $1 for the Geekbench app on my SGS III running Jellybean.

First run: 1562
Second run: 1277
3rd run: 1561
4th run : 1515
5th run : 1236
6th run: 1811

Evidence below
See how inconsistent and unreliable geekbench can be?

1 Like

Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 22, 2012
na2day!:
U try!

(On a lighter note, my wife has caught the Iphone 5 bug too and i can't change her mind, she is getting one!) grin grin grin

What's the best way of extorting people of their hard earned money if not by making more than one series of a phone in a year, if Samsung wants to make a good phone and let it compete, why can't they just take all the time they need and make it once? Why come out with S3 and S4 the same year? That's what my Apple won't do, you'd enjoy your phone for at least one year before thinking of changing it, and for that period of one year the old phone would still be nice, everything intact that you can sell back and you'd be happy at the price you sell it. As a matter of fact, I trade in my phones, once iPhone 5 gets to Naija now, all I need donors take it in to any reseller and get the iPhone 5 with additional money.

And for all4naija, would you just stop crying about iPhone looking the same way, that's what they call signature, you don't need anyone to tell you this is an iPhone before you know it, even when you are blindfolded, all you need do is touch the phone to know its name.
Changing the shape of the phone is like a woman that gives a married woman that sleeps with more than a man, she's either confuse, loose or promiscuous. My Iphone is neither of the three but your sammy is infant Ashawo
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by na2day(m): 4:08pm On Sep 22, 2012
Gbyte:

What's the best way of extorting people of their hard earned money if not by making more than one series of a phone in a year, if Samsung wants to make a good phone and let it compete, why can't they just take all the time they need and make it once? Why come out with S3 and S4 the same year? That's what my Apple won't do, you'd enjoy your phone for at least one year before thinking of changing it, and for that period of one year the old phone would still be nice, everything intact that you can sell back and you'd be happy at the price you sell it. As a matter of fact, I trade in my phones, once iPhone 5 gets to Naija now, all I need donors take it in to any reseller and get the iPhone 5 with additional money.

And for all4naija, would you just stop crying about iPhone looking the same way, that's what they call signature, you don't need anyone to tell you this is an iPhone before you know it, even when you are blindfolded, all you need do is touch the phone to know its name.
Changing the shape of the phone is like a woman that gives a married woman that sleeps with more than a man, she's either confuse, loose or promiscuous. My Iphone is neither of the three but your sammy is infant Ashawo

Spoken like a true Apple mas.turbator!
I'm sorry to say "what you wrote up there is ridiculous not to say the least!"
For you information, Samsung made the most powerful phone in the last 6 months
And who is complaining that Samsung makes S3 and S4 in a year? You?
And who again told you Sammy is not competing ?
If they are not competing, why is Apple running around in a circle, suing all over the place, trying to get injunction against their sales?
Smh
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by na2day(m): 4:21pm On Sep 22, 2012
@ Texazzpete

If iPhone 5 processor didn't do better than what is already in the market
The ghost of Steve Job will surely pursue Tim cook in the dream.

But as for other features of I5, many phones in the market has been enjoying them for quite awhile, while fanboys are rejoicing as if they were invented by apple!
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by texazzpete(m): 4:40pm On Sep 22, 2012
na2day!:
@ Texazzpete

But as for other features of I5, many phones in the market has been enjoying them for quite awhile, while fanboys are rejoicing as if they were invented by apple!

No, but here's the thing Apple did that we ought to give them credit for.

All their competitors do one thing...they design an SoC and re-use, or use an existing chipset. That's why you see Samsung, HTC, Nokia, LG and others using Qualcomm's Snapdragon S4 chipsets.

Apple designed the A6 chipset in house...100%. This chipset was built from the ground up to be low power, high performance.

That is why the A6 running at 800Mhz to 1.2Ghz (depending on load) can outperform chipsets with much high clock frequencies.

Apple fans aren't rejoicing as if their features are the first in the market. They are rejoicing because these features are arriving for the first time on iOS. they like the iOS ecosystem, they love the apps...and they love it when a new feature comes out.

Android fans have it wrong. They make snide comments about the Panorama app in iOS6. They don't realize that the iOS app store had Panorama apps way before even the Android Market got them. I doubt up to 1% of android users worldwide use them. Apple has now integrated this as a NATIVE part of the camera app and is marketing it in such a way that it'll become standard and frequently used by the Apple faithful. How many Android phones have Panarama baked into the camera app?

If i was taking a wedding photo with an iPhone 4S, i would never think to download a panorama app from the app store. But now, with iOS6, it's built in...and people will start using it like second nature. That is the difference between Native and third party.
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by softtouch2(m): 4:53pm On Sep 22, 2012
na2day!:
@ Texazzpete

Apple sometimes bake features from jailbreak communities apps into iOS update, no one has ever said "Apple invented those features" But a good software like iOS will always use less resources to deliver outstanding performance, a major key in Software Engineering
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 22, 2012
texazzpete:

Chill, son, Anandtech's reviews are still ongoing.

By the way, what do you mean by 'unofficial'? Are you waiting for Samsung to benchmark their own phone, benchmark the iPhone and release the results? or are you expecting Apple to do so for you?

Sorry to burst your bubble but

1) JellyBean is not available for the Galaxy S III
2) jellybean will not change the GL benchmarks GPU scores which the iPhone 5 destroys the Quad Core Mali 400 in the SGS III.

Funny how you now reach for reviews on battery life, camera quality etc. Don't worry, they are coming. If you think these will be automatic wins for Samsung, you're sadly mistaken.

Hehehe... I am laughing over your inconsistent benchmark reports! Lol...
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by texazzpete(m): 6:00pm On Sep 22, 2012
all4naija: Hehehe... I am laughing over your inconsistent benchmark reports! Lol...

How insightful, deep and intellectually stimulating...like all you previous posts

/s grin
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 22, 2012
Galaxy S4? shocked shocked shocked

WTF is wrong with these guys sef. So this means my buying an S3 last week was a waste? angry angry

embarassed

Lolz, bench-marking or not, All I require is a Clean OS, plenty of apps, decent performance and that Big screen!

EDIT: Samsung Denies the S4 rumour - http://edition.cnn.com/2012/09/17/tech/mobile/samsung-galaxy-s-4/index.html
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 22, 2012
texazzpete:

How insightful, deep and intellectually stimulating...like all you previous posts

/s grin
You are alluding to the fact now iPhone 5 must be judged on benchmark reports while it is absolutely wrong not to judge Samsung Galaxy S III based on Specs. Do you see how iPhone ad and potential users are already missing the point.
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by texazzpete(m): 9:54pm On Sep 22, 2012
all4naija: You are alluding to the fact now iPhone 5 must be judged on benchmark reports while it is absolutely wrong not to judge Samsung Galaxy S III based on Specs. Do you see how iPhone ad and potential users are already missing the point.

You're really starting to exasperate me.

For Apple devices, it isn't really about the specs, but about the user experience. Just because Apple didn't dwell on the specs during the iPhone 5 reveal, you fandroids have been stridently deriding the iPhone as 'old tech' and 'outdated'. All i've done is to show you how the iPhone 5 is covered on all fronts.

Also I have provided some much needed education for you...Quad Core isn't always automatically faster than Dual Core. The chipset architecture matters too. Instead of gratitude for the learning i've provided, you still persist in taking potshots!
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 22, 2012
The most innovative phone ever, featuring the all new iSCRATCH and iDENTS.

You need to see how the iSCRATCH and iDENTs features make the competition green with pride.
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 22, 2012
Lest l 4get, the new innovative iMaps will help you round melting bridges, navigate the
Sahara desert in Europe etc
aze: The most innovative phone ever, featuring the all new iSCRATCH and iDENTS.

You need to see how the iSCRATCH and iDENTs features make the competition green with pride.
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by Nobody: 1:40am On Sep 23, 2012
texazzpete:

You're really starting to exasperate me.

For Apple devices, it isn't really about the specs, but about the user experience. Just because Apple didn't dwell on the specs during the iPhone 5 reveal, you fandroids have been stridently deriding the iPhone as 'old tech' and 'outdated'. All i've done is to show you how the iPhone 5 is covered on all fronts.

Also I have provided some much needed education for you...Quad Core isn't always automatically faster than Dual Core. The chipset architecture matters too. Instead of gratitude for the learning i've provided, you still persist in taking potshots!
You are fond of this your all pedantic nurtured yet cultivated manner of I-know-it-all brandish regularly on Nairaland. Not only that it is laughable but unassertive to pass your points across. Indeed, I am beginning to see your points being fully exhausted for the simple reason you resort to some tempers while repeating the same things yet inconsistently with some disputed benchmark reports!

There is no way a dual-core can outperform a quad-core when it comes to multitasking - which is a common thing users resort to in present times(you don't want to accept that fact as an iPhone addict). I can use my phone to browse, make calls, play games and send messages while having a chat at the background. I don't think you really know how much this means to most users, than coming here to keep repeating your biased claims about the non-innovative ideas recently coming from iPhone 5 release and benchmark reports coming from companies bent on following sentiments. They can't fool me - I am a rational being unlike the others(they obviously know themselves)who are moved by sentiments.

FYI, I would rather have Nokia 8310 do the job for me than the close-mindedness of the iPhone 5. It's obvious it's loosing support faster than forecast. Have you forgotten the set 20-million-first-day-buyers limit only to sell nothing more than 5 million at the end? Jeez! That speaks of a failure to me if not to you.Yes! I don't need a use for iPhone - if iPhone was to be the only smartphone in market few would be entitled to have it due to continuous disregard for the general public demands. If they must compete very well in the near future they must learn to listen than dictate.

On the final note,I am waiting for your response like a buffalo soldier! grin grin grin
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by amblors(m): 6:32am On Sep 23, 2012
Samsung has debunked rumors of a SG4 coming out this year or March next year as rumored.
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by texazzpete(m): 8:54am On Sep 23, 2012
all4naija: You are fond of this your all pedantic nurtured yet cultivated manner of I-know-it-all brandish regularly on Nairaland. Not only that it is laughable but unassertive to pass your points across. Indeed, I am beginning to see your points being fully exhausted for the simple reason you resort to some tempers while repeating the same things yet inconsistently with some disputed benchmark reports!

Kai! All that verbosity, so little intelligence!
I don't know it all...I just know tech much much more than you.
The ONLY person on the entire Internet disputing Anandtech's benchmarks is yourself. If you doubt me, ask the more intelligent fellows like 4llerbuntu and na2day if they dispute these.

all4naija:

There is no way a dual-core can outperform a quad-core when it comes to multitasking - which is a common thing users resort to in present times(you don't want to accept that fact as an iPhone addict). I can use my phone to browse, make calls, play games and send messages while having a chat at the background. I don't think you really know how much this means to most users, than coming here to keep repeating your biased claims about the non-innovative ideas recently coming from iPhone 5 release and benchmark reports coming from companies bent on following sentiments. They can't fool me - I am a rational being unlike the others(they obviously know themselves)who are moved by sentiments.

For one thing, the ability to multitask is much more dependent on available RAM and not the number of cores. Since most apps aren't optimized for quad cores...and since a dual core CPU with much better architecture and process size will easily outperform an older Quad core SoC, there's absolutely ZERO basis for your claims. Yet another reason why you're technologically illiterate.

I'll bet you think a 12MP Sony Ericcson cameraphone will yield better pictures than a 10 MP DSLR. I'll bet you think a 3.2Ghz Pentium 4 is even faster than a 2.3Ghz Core i7 CPU.

You know nothing yet your pride will not let you learn from your betters. Sad.

all4naija: I can use my phone to browse, make calls, play games and send messages while having a chat at the background. I don't think you really know how much this means to most users, than coming here to keep repeating your biased claims about the non-innovative ideas recently coming from iPhone 5 release and benchmark reports coming from companies bent on following sentiments. They can't fool me - I am a rational being unlike the others(they obviously know themselves)who are moved by sentiments.

Actually, you can do ALL of that on an iPhone. You can be playing Infinity Blade II, take a call, send a quick SMS and then go back to your game and resume from where you left it without any lag...all this while having Skype and Facebook messenger running in the background. Have you been living under a rock?
There's a reason why the iPhone has the HIGHEST satisfaction rating of all phones out there for the 5th year running.

So according to you, Anandtech is 'following sentiments' when they use popular, commercially available benchmarks to test a chipset? Do you have any idea how deranged you sound? It's extrememly hilarious to hear you say that...and then go ahead to describe yourself as a 'rational human being' in the next sentence grin

all4naija:
FYI, I would rather have Nokia 8310 do the job for me than the close-mindedness of the iPhone 5. It's obvious it's loosing support faster than forecast. Have you forgotten the set 20-million-first-day-buyers limit only to sell nothing more than 5 million at the end? Jeez! That speaks of a failure to me if not to you.Yes!

Here's a deal. Show me anywhere Apple claimed they'd sell 20 million in the first day and I'll pay you 1 million Naira.

Every analyst is saying this is the fastest selling iPhone ever and you're here babbling about failure?

all4naija:
if iPhone was to be the only smartphone in market few would be entitled to have it due to continuous disregard for the general public demands. If they must compete very well in the near future they must learn to listen than dictate.

The iPhone obliterates any single smartphone in sales with ease...and has the HIGHEST user satisfaction ratings. I'd say they are doing much more than 'competing'. That's reserved for the HTCs and Samsungs of this world

all4naija:
On the final note,I am waiting for your response like a buffalo soldier! grin grin grin

'Buffalo soldier'?! With the way you've been babbling, I'd say more like a buffoon! grin
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by texazzpete(m): 8:56am On Sep 23, 2012
aze: Lest l 4get, the new innovative iMaps will help you round melting bridges, navigate the
Sahara desert in Europe etc

At least on the Appstore there are offline Navigation apps from Garmin, Tomtom etc that do a very good job. No TomTom or Garmin app for Android, sadly sad

Google will soon launch their maps app on the iPhone anyway.

PS: So this is what you're reduced to after the 'I HAZ SUPERIOR SPECZ' arguments has been taken away from you? Lame cheesy
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 23, 2012
texazzpete:

The iPhone obliterates any single smartphone in sales with ease...and has the HIGHEST user satisfaction ratings. I'd say they are doing much more than 'competing' grin

You mean these Type of Proven SATISFACTION

Few Users Reporting Problems With iPhone 5 Screen - iphone hacks

iPhone 5 Touchscreen Problems : Apple Support Communities
- discussions*apple*com

Apple Maps Problems : iPhone 5 iOS 6 Maps App is Making Google and Android Look Good -policymic

Apple's Spectacular IPhone 5 Launch Marred By Map Problems - ABC Online

Canadian consumers report iPhone 5 activation problems -
Washington Post

Apple iPhone 5 aluminum shell plagued by chipping issues - GSM ARENA

Internet is flooded with iPhone 5 owners' complaints about their new smartphones arriving scratched straight out of the box - By Daily Mail

iPhone 5’s Lightning Connector Is A Bigger Problem Than Apple Thinks - Readwriteweb*com

Apple's Spectacular IPhone 5 Launch Marred By Map Problems -
w w w*nasdaq*com

SCREEN THUMB: Why the iPhone 5's new screen willcause problems - NEWS*COM

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gionee S8s Now Available For Purchase In Nigeria / Infinix Hot 40 Pro Competes With Iphone 15 Pro Max (don’t Waste Money) / How Do You Enjoy PES Mobile Online?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.