Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,413 members, 7,819,482 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks (8743 Views)

A Thread For Benchmarks... / Samsung Cheats Again In Note 3 Benchmarks / 3d Graphics Benchmarks: Iphone Vs N95 Vs P1i Vs Dell Axim X51v (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 23, 2012
And This Too

grin grin grin grin grin grin

NEW video reveals the size ofthe iPhone 5, and the larger screen could make life difficult for text-happy Apple fans
phonearena*com
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by texazzpete(m): 1:35pm On Sep 23, 2012
All those launch issues, still slaughtering anything Android in sales. it must really rankle, eh?
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 23, 2012
texazzpete:

Kai! All that verbosity, so little intelligence!
I don't know it all...I just know tech much much more than you.
The ONLY person on the entire Internet disputing Anandtech's benchmarks is yourself. If you doubt me, ask the more intelligent fellows like 4llerbuntu and na2day if they dispute these.

For one thing, the ability to multitask is much more dependent on available RAM and not the number of cores. Since most apps aren't optimized for quad cores...and since a dual core CPU with much better architecture and process size will easily outperform an older Quad core SoC, there's absolutely ZERO basis for your claims. Yet another reason why you're technologically illiterate.

I'll bet you think a 12MP Sony Ericcson cameraphone will yield better pictures than a 10 MP DSLR. I'll bet you think a 3.2Ghz Pentium 4 is even faster than a 2.3Ghz Core i7 CPU.

You know nothing yet your pride will not let you learn from your betters. Sad.

Actually, you can do ALL of that on an iPhone. You can be playing Infinity Blade II, take a call, send a quick SMS and then go back to your game and resume from where you left it without any lag...all this while having Skype and Facebook messenger running in the background. Have you been living under a rock?
There's a reason why the iPhone has the HIGHEST satisfaction rating of all phones out there for the 5th year running.

So according to you, Anandtech is 'following sentiments' when they use popular, commercially available benchmarks to test a chipset? Do you have any idea how deranged you sound? It's extrememly hilarious to hear you say that...and then go ahead to describe yourself as a 'rational human being' in the next sentence grin

Here's a deal. Show me anywhere Apple claimed they'd sell 20 million in the first day and I'll pay you 1 million Naira.

Every analyst is saying this is the fastest selling iPhone ever and you're here babbling about failure?

The iPhone obliterates any single smartphone in sales with ease...and has the HIGHEST user satisfaction ratings. I'd say they are doing much more than 'competing'. That's reserved for the HTCs and Samsungs of this world

'Buffalo soldier'?! With the way you've been babbling, I'd say more like a buffoon! grin
Listen, dude,can't you argue without using insults? I am a little bit perturbed you really understand what your argument is all about and the consequences of passing insults on others. It is obvious you don't have good English comprehension(that is a fact), if not you would understand what my argument is about. My argument is about iPhone 5 failure to meet up to hypes and expectations.

First and foremost, Anandtech is not a heavy weight in the tech industry - it is an online computer hardware magazine set up by a 15-year-old individual called Anand Lal Shimpi. Please, stop making it looks as if it's something heavily recognized by others as tech giant in the industry. I would only listen to such reviews from company like CNET(for broad tech based contributors), organization like EEMBC, etc. Seriously, you know nothing about benchmark(which I quite agree specs don't tell all about computational ability of a hardware and also a benchmark thing you are pedaling around). There is no way dual-core can outperform quad-core in multitasking in Application benchmark while testing same applications on both system. They have been feeding you with synthetic benchmark and you are here to act as if you know much at what benchmark represent in all of this argument.

Look at who is saying my pride won't allow me learn from betters rather those who know better, with all yourself aggrandizement shown in many of your comments. Jeez!

I never insinuated in any way in my comments that iPhone cannot multitask but with its processor it will lag behind when compare to Galaxy S III. Looking at a typical smartphone makeup it is palpable there are many things going on at the background(just like when you open your task-manager in your PC and see lot happening at the background). This whole idea of quad-core is no more useful than dual-core has be over-exaggerated online for far too long without proofs and for the simple reason of multi-threading(which is important to any application), in the actual sense most systems are multi-tasking among many threads or programs. Keep deceiving yourself that a quad-core is no more useful than a dual-core.

I like the way you added older to the quad-core SOC to support your biased statement. Hasn't it reflect on the fact that improved modern dual-core will perform better than a 10 year old quad-core with old tech? Doesn't it make sense to you that a 1947 ferraris, though being a V12, cannot outperform a v5 Volkswagen modern Golf? On the other hand multitasking is no more dependent on RAM( I know it play a crucial role) but it is largely dependent on the processor speed. Placing a fast RAM on a low processor will give the worse surprise of your life. So, there has to be a balance of both. Coming here to assert multitasking is mostly dependent on RAM is laughable and proves you are not technologically brilliant as you claim here.

Where did I say Apple said or I said forecast(it doesn't mean from Apple - jeez!)? This is what I said in quote " It's obvious it's loosing support faster than forecast. Have you forgotten the set 20-million-first-day-buyers limit only to sell nothing more than 5 million at the end? ". Indeed, the sale was even lower, to the tune of 2 million not 5 million mentioned here on Nairaland. It would do you good to read and comprehend other people's comments before asking for sources and willing to pay 1 million Naira you don't have! grin grin grin

Analyst never said it is the fastest selling phone ever but 'the fastest selling iPhone ever' and could be the major seller too. You are becoming iPhone addict.Your obsession for the product is immeasurable! It is obvious it will sell high for the reason of sentiments and you have proven that in your comments as well - with a title like 'iPhone 5 Most Powerful phone out, Beat Galaxy S III -Anandtech Benchmarks'. How is it the most powerful phone in the first case? What about Samsung Galaxy S III Jelly Bean? Please, learn to state facts correctly in your posts. Nevertheless, I am waiting for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to be released by October 1-2(probably two weeks from now) so that the iPhone 5 over-hypes can be done away with for once and for all.

I can't imagine you saying " The iPhone obliterates any single smartphone in sales with ease...and has the HIGHEST user satisfaction ratings. I'd say they are doing much more than 'competing'. That's reserved for the HTCs and Samsungs of this world ". However, you are entitled to your opinions and they don't speak for the facts out there.

On concluding my comment, it is clear you are the ridiculous person or a clown in this case, after trying to pass false information across.
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by francis247(m): 2:00pm On Sep 23, 2012
coogar: end of discussion!
nothing more to be said on this matter - i hope samsung fans can nurse their wounds in the silent mode.

No Flash support in the
web browser
No true multitasking
for all applications
FaceTime video calls
work only over Wi-Fi
No file transfer over
Bluetooth or USB Mass
Storage mode
(independent from
iTunes)
No FM radio
No stereo speakers
No microSD card slot
Non-user-replaceable
battery
Siri still a beta, location
services not enabled
outside US
Stuck with iTunes for
loading content End of discussion! No bondage like fanboyism.
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 23, 2012
But will it beat the Samsung GN2?

I doubt it. Time will tell.

Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by texazzpete(m): 6:25pm On Sep 23, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
But will it beat the Samsung GN2?

I doubt it. Time will tell.

Galaxy note 2 uses the same chipset in the international SGS III. The same Quad core Exynos, the same Quad core Mali 400 GPU. Only difference is CPU clock speed upped from 1.4Ghz to 1.6 Ghz.

It's anybody's guess how CPU comparisons will go, but as far as the GPU is concerned, the iPhone 5 CRUSHES it completely.
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by coogar: 7:01pm On Sep 23, 2012
francis247:
No Flash support in the
web browser

big lie - there's flash support - just download google chrome app!
you don't have to use safari!

No true multitasking
for all applications

another lie - you can multi-task

FaceTime video calls
work only over Wi-Fi

you are ignorant -iOS 6 allows you to facetime over 3G
you must have been living under a rock in the last few weeks!

No file transfer over
Bluetooth or USB Mass
Storage mode
(independent from
iTunes)

i have got an iCloud account - 50GB somewhere in the sky where my files are kept safe!
even if my devices get stolen, my files are safe and can be redownloaded at any time!

No FM radio
No stereo speakers

who listens to fm radio when there's a billion songs on itunes?
why do i need stereo speakers when there are headphones to keep your music to yourself? you must be living in a village where noise pollution is not seen as constituting a nuisance!

No microSD card slot

icloud has answered that question! i don't need to carry any microSD when my files are safer in the sky!

Non-user-replaceable
battery

why do I need to replace battery? by the time my battery would be so weak to need replacement, technology would have passed the phone by to get a new one. i cannot use a phone for more than 18-24 months - i don't need a battery replacement!

Siri still a beta, location
services not enabled
outside US

siri works well in the uk - the uk is outside of usa!
your lies have shown you don't know what you are talking about! the new siri works in 15 countries and can now speak several languages!

Stuck with iTunes for
loading content End of discussion! No bondage like fanboyism.

itunes is the biggest music store on the planet - i wouldn't shop anywhere else. itunes have everything. music, videos, tv shows(old and on-going)! google/amazon cannot offer anything better. i bought the last dexter series with a season pass - it downloaded every episode(every week)automatically on my device the moment it's on tv - amazon/google/hmv cannot give you such an easy life!

i tell you - end of discussion........apple rule, others drool!
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by texazzpete(m): 7:12pm On Sep 23, 2012
all4naija:
First and foremost, Anandtech is not a heavy weight in the tech industry - it is an online computer hardware magazine set up by a 15-year-old individual called Anand Lal Shimpi. Please, stop making it looks as if it's something heavily recognized by others as tech giant in the industry. I would only listen to such reviews from company like CNET(for broad tech based contributors), organization like EEMBC, etc. Seriously, you know nothing about benchmark(which I quite agree specs don't tell all about computational ability of a hardware and also a benchmark thing you are pedaling around). There is no way dual-core can outperform quad-core in multitasking in Application benchmark while testing same applications on both system. They have been feeding you with synthetic benchmark and you are here to act as if you know much at what benchmark represent in all of this argument.

You see why I consider you a borderline m0r0n? Even after providing you links and ample time to google up his name, you still come up with brainless drivel about Anandtech.

You say Anandtech isn't a heavyweight...and isn't recognized?

Here goes

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/27/anand-shimpi-reviewer-from-raleigh_n_1708488.html

RALEIGH, North Carolina (Reuters) - Anand Shimpi is one of the most influential tech industry figures you've never heard of.

From his start as a teenager building PCs for students and faculty at a college in his hometown of Raleigh, North Carolina, he's become one of the semiconductor industry's most closely watched reviewers. His website, AnandTech.com, is all about product performance, plain and simple.

Shimpi measures exactly how fast the latest Intel processor really is, how quickly that graphics chip will render the latest video game, how long that laptop battery will last.

At age 30, Shimpi is courted by technology executives and followed by Wall Street analysts keen to hear his well-informed product views. He briefs Intel executives, dines with Asian PC executives and commands a loyal following of tech enthusiasts, with AnandTech.com drawing 12 million unique visitors per month.

But many chip executives, Wall Street investors and technically minded consumers see Shimpi's meticulously collected test results as the most authoritative and highly trustable.

Dozens of widely read blogs write more subjective - and often more easily digestible - reviews of laptops, phones and tablets based to a large degree on how much the reviewer likes the product. Increasingly, those reviewers conduct limited tests of their own, using "off the shelf" benchmark tools.

Still others make mention of Shimpi's data, painstakingly collected using proprietary tests he has developed over the years.

"We have known Anand for a long time," Jonney Shih, chairman of the big Taiwanese computer-maker Asus, told Reuters by email. "We definitely share a passion for technology and we respect his in-depth knowledge and the thorough testing that he does."

You still don't get it. The more you try to make Anandtech look like a small fry compared to the likes of CNET and GSMArena, the more foolish you look. And I enjoy pointing out your folly.

Nobody who knows anything in tech would ever DREAM of dismissing Anand's opinions as trivial.

all4naija:

I never insinuated in any way in my comments that iPhone cannot multitask but with its processor it will lag behind when compare to Galaxy S III. Looking at a typical smartphone makeup it is palpable there are many things going on at the background(just like when you open your task-manager in your PC and see lot happening at the background). This whole idea of quad-core is no more useful than dual-core has be over-exaggerated online for far too long without proofs and for the simple reason of multi-threading(which is important to any application), in the actual sense most systems are multi-tasking among many threads or programs. Keep deceiving yourself that a quad-core is no more useful than a dual-core.

I like the way you added older to the quad-core SOC to support your biased statement. Hasn't it reflect on the fact that improved modern dual-core will perform better than a 10 year old quad-core with old tech? Doesn't it make sense to you that a 1947 ferraris, though being a V12, cannot outperform a v5 Volkswagen modern Golf? On the other hand multitasking is no more dependent on RAM( I know it play a crucial role) but it is largely dependent on the processor speed. Placing a fast RAM on a low processor will give the worse surprise of your life. So, there has to be a balance of both. Coming here to assert multitasking is mostly dependent on RAM is laughable and proves you are not technologically brilliant as you claim here.

You dolt! You still will not learn. Click this link below to educate yourself

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/112013-how-multitasking-works-on-android-and-ios

I know you have a phobia for learning and may not click the link, but in iOS an app placed in the background enters a suspended state where its state is loaded in RAM and the app stops running code (except for VOIP, GPS and a few other specific apps). Android goes about it differently but ultimately in recent versions of Android OS, the running app gets loaded to RAM.

Please READ that link and stop bothering us with this drivel. You can open up 50 3D games on iOS one after the other and the phone will not lag.

all4naija:
Where did I say Apple said or I said forecast(it doesn't mean from Apple - jeez!)? This is what I said in quote " It's obvious it's loosing support faster than forecast. Have you forgotten the set 20-million-first-day-buyers limit only to sell nothing more than 5 million at the end? ". Indeed, the sale was even lower, to the tune of 2 million not 5 million mentioned here on Nairaland. It would do you good to read and comprehend other people's comments before asking for sources and willing to pay 1 million Naira you don't have! grin grin grin

Nice attempt trying to dodge the issue. Why not tell us who set the so called 20 million target?

The 2 million sales you're stupidly bandying about is not first day sales, but total number of PREORDERS in the first 24 hours when the preorder option became available.

I miss arguing with 4llerbuntu. At least he was able to parse information and come out with credible arguments. You're just sadly wrong on all counts.

all4naija:

Analyst never said it is the fastest selling phone ever but 'the fastest selling iPhone ever' and could be the major seller too. You are becoming iPhone addict.Your obsession for the product is immeasurable! It is obvious it will sell high for the reason of sentiments and you have proven that in your comments as well - with a title like 'iPhone 5 Most Powerful phone out, Beat Galaxy S III -Anandtech Benchmarks'. How is it the most powerful phone in the first case? What about Samsung Galaxy S III Jelly Bean? Please, learn to state facts correctly in your posts. Nevertheless, I am waiting for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to be released by October 1-2(probably two weeks from now) so that the iPhone 5 over-hypes can be done away with for once and for all.

Fastest selling smartphone ever, hands down. AT&T says it's their fastest selling phone ever too.
You blind fanboys are ridiculous. If Galaxy S III sells well, it's a great phone. If iPhone 5 sells well, it's because of sentiments. How hilarious!

There is no official Jelly Bean release on the SGS III...but even then, it will not change the benchmarks to any significant level. The hardware remains the same and Anand's testing is top notch.

Galaxy Note 2 uses the same chipset as the international SGS III...so expect it to take a beating in GPU benchmarks at least grin

all4naija:
I can't imagine you saying " The iPhone obliterates any single smartphone in sales with ease...and has the HIGHEST user satisfaction ratings. I'd say they are doing much more than 'competing'. That's reserved for the HTCs and Samsungs of this world ". However, you are entitled to your opinions and they don't speak for the facts out there.

On concluding my comment, it is clear you are the ridiculous person or a clown in this case, after trying to pass false information across.

This is why you're coming across as an incoherent buffoon. I post some info and instead of giving it some thought to research my claims, you just dismiss them out of hand based on your limited imagination.

You want facts? Here they are

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/09/07/apples_iphone_tops_jd_power_satisfaction_survey_for_8th_straight_time
Apple's iPhone tops JD Power satisfaction survey for 8th straight time

Apple tops ACSI satisfaction survey for cellphone manufacturers
http://www.tuaw.com/2012/05/15/apple-tops-acsi-satisfaction-survey-for-cellphone-manufacturers/

Hope this helps...i'm, ready, willing and able to educate you when the need arises.
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 23, 2012
texazzpete:

You see why I consider you a borderline m0r0n? Even after providing you links and ample time to google up his name, you still come up with brainless drivel about Anandtech.

You say Anandtech isn't a heavyweight...and isn't recognized?

Here goes

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/27/anand-shimpi-reviewer-from-raleigh_n_1708488.html

RALEIGH, North Carolina (Reuters) - Anand Shimpi is one of the most influential tech industry figures you've never heard of.

From his start as a teenager building PCs for students and faculty at a college in his hometown of Raleigh, North Carolina, he's become one of the semiconductor industry's most closely watched reviewers. His website, AnandTech.com, is all about product performance, plain and simple.

Shimpi measures exactly how fast the latest Intel processor really is, how quickly that graphics chip will render the latest video game, how long that laptop battery will last.

At age 30, Shimpi is courted by technology executives and followed by Wall Street analysts keen to hear his well-informed product views. He briefs Intel executives, dines with Asian PC executives and commands a loyal following of tech enthusiasts, with AnandTech.com drawing 12 million unique visitors per month.

But many chip executives, Wall Street investors and technically minded consumers see Shimpi's meticulously collected test results as the most authoritative and highly trustable.

Dozens of widely read blogs write more subjective - and often more easily digestible - reviews of laptops, phones and tablets based to a large degree on how much the reviewer likes the product. Increasingly, those reviewers conduct limited tests of their own, using "off the shelf" benchmark tools.

Still others make mention of Shimpi's data, painstakingly collected using proprietary tests he has developed over the years.

"We have known Anand for a long time," Jonney Shih, chairman of the big Taiwanese computer-maker Asus, told Reuters by email. "We definitely share a passion for technology and we respect his in-depth knowledge and the thorough testing that he does."

You still don't get it. The more you try to make Anandtech look like a small fry compared to the likes of CNET and GSMArena, the more foolish you look. And I enjoy pointing out your folly.

Nobody who knows anything in tech would ever DREAM of dismissing Anand's opinions as trivial.

You dolt! You still will not learn. Click this link below to educate yourself

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/112013-how-multitasking-works-on-android-and-ios

I know you have a phobia for learning and may not click the link, but in iOS an app placed in the background enters a suspended state where its state is loaded in RAM and the app stops running code (except for VOIP, GPS and a few other specific apps). Android goes about it differently but ultimately in recent versions of Android OS, the running app gets loaded to RAM.

Please READ that link and stop bothering us with this drivel. You can open up 50 3D games on iOS one after the other and the phone will not lag.

Nice attempt trying to dodge the issue. Why not tell us who set the so called 20 million target?

The 2 million sales you're stupidly bandying about is not first day sales, but total number of PREORDERS in the first 24 hours when the preorder option became available.

I miss arguing with 4llerbuntu. At least he was able to parse information and come out with credible arguments. You're just sadly wrong on all counts.

Fastest selling smartphone ever, hands down. AT&T says it's their fastest selling phone ever too.
You blind fanboys are ridiculous. If Galaxy S III sells well, it's a great phone. If iPhone 5 sells well, it's because of sentiments. How hilarious!

There is no official Jelly Bean release on the SGS III...but even then, it will not change the benchmarks to any significant level. The hardware remains the same and Anand's testing is top notch.

Galaxy Note 2 uses the same chipset as the international SGS III...so expect it to take a beating in GPU benchmarks at least grin

This is why you're coming across as an incoherent buffoon. I post some info and instead of giving it some thought to research my claims, you just dismiss them out of hand based on your limited imagination.

You want facts? Here they are

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/09/07/apples_iphone_tops_jd_power_satisfaction_survey_for_8th_straight_time
Apple's iPhone tops JD Power satisfaction survey for 8th straight time

Apple tops ACSI satisfaction survey for cellphone manufacturers
http://www.tuaw.com/2012/05/15/apple-tops-acsi-satisfaction-survey-for-cellphone-manufacturers/

Hope this helps...i'm, ready, willing and able to educate you when the need arises.
Okay! I give up to your silly argument. It is sad most people quite understand your type. Insults are your watchwords and you can not do without them.
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by Bawss1(m): 9:15pm On Sep 23, 2012
@TP

In the course of your debates please go easy with the name calling. Not all Nlanders have it in them to shrug off those remarks while being "educated".

Once again thank you for the schooling. Me sef I don learn something. cheesy
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by texazzpete(m): 9:20pm On Sep 23, 2012
all4naija: Okay! I give up to your silly argument. It is sad most people quite understand your type. Insults are your watchwords and you can not do without them.

TRANSLATION: "I have seen the error of my ways and will cease and desist from making a mockery out of myself"

Bawss1: @TP

In the course of your debates please go easy with the name calling. Not all Nlanders have it in them to shrug off those remarks while being "educated".

Apologies, but the man is just exasperating! No attempts to do any research for himself grin
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by coogar: 9:33pm On Sep 23, 2012
Bawss1: @TP

but it gets frustrating when you are correcting someone and the person is deliberately being obtuse. nobody likes throwing insults here and there but it's sometimes necessary!
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 23, 2012
Cloud Storage? Not literally "in the Sky" #JustSayin'
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by coogar: 9:45pm On Sep 23, 2012
HQ: Cloud Storage? Not literally "in the Sky" #JustSayin'

of course - how can it be in the sky?
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 23, 2012
@Coogar Just had to point it out. Some folks translate stuff literally. wink

Aaannd...What's with all the fracas, Eh? I'll tell you something, forget about all the Hype and Rave. Give it one, two months, Let the user experience/customer feedback tell. I don't do benchmarks.
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 23, 2012
Apple supporters in this forum are funny. So, you guys think Texazzpete has passed anything useful across? Jeez! I wouldn't have to call that ignorance but something worse.

I still can't help laughing at this line "Anand Shimpi is one of the most influential tech industry figures you've never heard of."
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by Seun(m): 11:17pm On Sep 23, 2012

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by Nobody: 12:40am On Sep 24, 2012
Seun:
I stopped debating with All4naija because the man/guy has only been disgracing himself with his argument but now that I am seeing Seun's post, I cant stop laughing because I think the person with the samsung laptop in the post is All4naija, saying trash about iPhone but would later beg if he'd have the opportunity to touch it. No worry, when I get mine I'd send you pictures of the games am playing on it @All4naija
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by Nobody: 12:48am On Sep 24, 2012
Gbyte:
I stopped debating with All4naija because the man/guy has only been disgracing himself with his argument but now that I am seeing Seun's post, I cant stop laughing because I think the person with the samsung laptop in the post is All4naija, saying trash about iPhone but would later beg if he'd have the opportunity to touch it. No worry, when I get mine I'd send you pictures of the games am playing on it @All4naija
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry.

It is sad though. Silence is always the best answer. Let's keep our fingers crossed and see how things play out.
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by Nobody: 12:51am On Sep 24, 2012
Seriously, I feel sorry for Texazzpete! I repeat, seriously!

I give up on you long ago but after reading this " The 2 million sales you're stupidly bandying about is not first day sales, but total number of PREORDERS in the first 24 hours when the preorder option became available ".Please, read these links(they will help you):

http://www.itechpost.com/articles/4306/20120922/iphone-5-top-rivals-apple-s-new.htm

http://www.bgr.com/2012/09/21/the-best-iphone-5-alternatives-android-windows-phone-8-blackberry-10/
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by texazzpete(m): 7:37am On Sep 24, 2012
HQ: @Coogar Just had to point it out. Some folks translate stuff literally. wink

Aaannd...What's with all the fracas, Eh? I'll tell you something, forget about all the Hype and Rave. Give it one, two months, Let the user experience/customer feedback tell. I don't do benchmarks.

If na that one, know that the iPhone has had the highest customer satisfaction rating for any phone for 7 years running.

The user experience and customer feedback is always higher than any other phone out there grin
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by texazzpete(m): 7:46am On Sep 24, 2012
all4naija: Seriously, I feel sorry for Texazzpete! I repeat, seriously!

I give up on you long ago but after reading this " The 2 million sales you're stupidly bandying about is not first day sales, but total number of PREORDERS in the first 24 hours when the preorder option became available ".Please, read these links(they will help you):

http://www.itechpost.com/articles/4306/20120922/iphone-5-top-rivals-apple-s-new.htm

http://www.bgr.com/2012/09/21/the-best-iphone-5-alternatives-android-windows-phone-8-blackberry-10/

Still coming back for more?

Imagine this guy sending me links with info on iPhone alternatives...when i've drummed it into his thickened skull that I use a Galaxy S III.

Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by Nobody: 2:50am On Sep 25, 2012
@Texazzpete

They sold 2 million within the first day(whether pre-order or not - that's what they sold on the first day) and 5 million for the next 3 days. Guy, get yourself some rightful information. You are becoming annoying of your failures to state the fact.

Just look at the last line of the Google search you posted after the title. Stop humiliating yourself!
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by coogar: 11:11am On Sep 25, 2012
all4naija: @Texazzpete

They sold 2 million within the first day(whether pre-order or not - that's what they sold on the first day) and 5 million for the next 3 days. Guy, get yourself some rightful information. You are becoming annoying of your failures to state the fact.

Just look at the last line of the Google search you posted after the title. Stop humiliating yourself!

you are embarrassing yourself again on a public forum - there's a difference between preorders and the normal sales. when the preorder became available, apple sold 2 million in the first 24 hrs. when the phone finally launched on friday, apple sold 5 million in the stores in the first weekend!

the preorders are not counted as part of the 5 million figures reported yet because AAPL must have signature of acceptance by customer before it is counted as a sale! this is why analysts predicted apple would sell between 7-8 million in the first weekend because they had thought the phones preordered online would be counted with the direct sales over the counter!
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 25, 2012
coogar:

you are embarrassing yourself again on a public forum - there's a difference between preorders and the normal sales. when the preorder became available, apple sold 2 million in the first 24 hrs. when the phone finally launched on friday, apple sold 5 million in the stores in the first weekend!

the preorders are not counted as part of the 5 million figures reported yet because AAPL must have signature of acceptance by customer before it is counted as a sale! this is why analysts predicted apple would sell between 7-8 million in the first weekend because they had thought the preorder sales would be counted with the direct sales over the counter!

I don't understand your condescending tone in this matter. Now you are giving excuse for 5 million weekend(indeed, 3 days sale record) no longer your previous 5 million first day sale. Please, tell me the number that was sold on the first day(not 24hours pre-orders)?

You are too shallow-minded to find out facts yet quick to come here pedaling rumors!

Didn't you see it your friend's Google image last post to know it is 2 million that was the total sale for the first 24 hours? Didn't you?

Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by coogar: 11:27am On Sep 25, 2012
all4naija: I don't understand your condescending tone in this matter. Now you are giving excuse for 5 million weekend(indeed, 3 days sale record) no longer your previous 5 million first day sale. Please, tell me the number that was sold on the first day(not 24hours pre-orders)?
that figure is not available - the 5 million sales bandied on friday added sales that were sent directly to customers but havent been signed for! AAPL refused to count those as sales because the customers are yet to add their signature of acceptance even though the phones have left the stores!

You are too shallow-minded to find out facts yet quick to come here pedaling rumors!

you are a troglodyte - you don't even know the difference between a presale and the normal sale. the technicality here is there must be a signature of acceptance before AAPL can acknowledge the sale! simply put, if you ordered your phone and you have made payment, the phone has left the warehouse but you are yet to sign for the delivery, AAPL would not count it as a sale yet! the market analysts didn't know that when they predicted 7-8 million sales!

all4naija:
Didn't you see it your friend's Google image last post to know it is 2 million that was the total sale for the first 24 hours? Didn't you?

that is the figure for the preordered phones!!! jeeez - how can one be so ignorant? can you not see the links were all written on the 17th of september(4 days before apple iphone 5 started selling in the stores?) some of the 2 million units weren't even counted as the official sales figure yet cos some of the customers are yet to sign their acceptance for it! it's just a presale!!!
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 25, 2012
coogar:
that figure is not available - the 5 million sales bandied on friday added sales that were sent directly to customers but havent been signed for! AAPL refused to count those as sales because the customers are yet to add their signature of acceptance even though the phones have left the stores!

you are a troglodyte - you don't even know the difference between a presale and the normal sale. the technicality here is there must be a signature of acceptance before AAPL can acknowledge the sale! simply put, if you ordered your phone and you have made payment, the phone has left the warehouse but you are yet to sign for the delivery, AAPL would not count it as a sale yet! the market analysts didn't know that when they predicted 7-8 million sales!
Why were you pedaling false rumor it's 5 million for first day sale?

You keep pouring out shiits without single evidence in support. It is laughable bro! Just have your time and spend your hard earned money on that little aluminium crap you called iPhone 5.
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by coogar: 11:42am On Sep 25, 2012
all4naija: Why were you pedaling false rumor it's 5 million for first day sale?

you are a consummate rétard! who is pedalling false rumours? are you a goat?

You keep pouring out shiits without single evidence in support. It is laughable bro! Just have your time and spend your hard earned money on that little aluminium crap you called iPhone 5.

unlike you, i can back my claims with facts! you are a sub-literate nuisance! at your age, if you cannot discern between presale and a normal sale then you are not intellectually fit to engage me in a discourse as mentally tasking as this one!

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2012/09/24/apples-5-million-iphone-5-sales-what-analysts-are-saying/

ISI Group’s Brian Marshall: Clarification to Quick Thoughts on AAPL’s Opening Weekend iPhone 5 Sales. “We expected 6-8 million over the opening weekend… Clarification – recall the 5mil+ iPhone 5 reported sales only takes into consideration: 1) what was sold into partners (e.g., retail outlets, carriers, etc.), 2) sold in AAPL retail stores, and 3) direct to customers only if they signed for the device.

Importantly, this doesn’t take into consideration units in delivery direct to customers (i.e., AAPL must have signature of acceptance by customer before it is counted as a sale) and we estimate units in transit could be in the millions currently. We believe the negative pre-market action in AAPL (i.e., down ~2%) is an over-reaction and would be buyers of the stock here.”
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 25, 2012
coogar:

you are a consummate rétard! who is pedalling false rumours? are you a goat?

unlike you, i can back my claims with facts! you are a sub-literate nuisance! at your age, if you cannot discern between presale and a normal sale then you are not intellectually fit to engage me in a discourse as mentally tasking as this one!

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2012/09/24/apples-5-million-iphone-5-sales-what-analysts-are-saying/

[b]ISI Group’s Brian Marshall:[/b]Clarification to Quick Thoughts on AAPL’s Opening Weekend iPhone 5 Sales. “We expected 6-8 million over the opening weekend… Clarification – recall the 5mil+ iPhone 5 reported sales only takes into consideration: 1) what was sold into partners (e.g., retail outlets, carriers, etc.), 2) sold in AAPL retail stores, and 3) direct to customers only if they signed for the device. Importantly, this doesn’t take into consideration units in delivery direct to customers (i.e., AAPL must have signature of acceptance by customer before it is counted as a sale) and we estimate units in transit could be in the millions currently. We believe the negative pre-market action in AAPL (i.e., down ~2%) is an over-reaction and would be buyers of the stock here.”
Dude, let's call it a day! Don't quote me again! Thank you!
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by coogar: 11:47am On Sep 25, 2012
all4naija: Dude, let's call it a day! Don't quote me again! Thank you!

after getting body-bagged? lmao!!!!
what a cop-out from a semi-illiterate......the next time you beat your chest and talk about what you know nothing about, i shall piss in your nostrils! at least, i have done humanity a world of good by tutoring you the meaning of presale and a normal sale! signature of acceptance is the key!
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by sniperwolf(m): 12:08pm On Sep 25, 2012
What's all these hype about iPhone 5 when the customer are complaining about simple app. THE MAP. It's so hilarious that they can't fix a common map.
iPhone 4 users are still Skeptical about upgrading there OS to that of iPhone 5 and someone here is breaking his head for a fvcked up phone.
I'm not a doubter, but that figure is fabricated!
Before you shoot me, these are my opinion
Re: Iphone 5 Most Powerful Phone Out, Beats Galaxy S III - Anandtech Benchmarks by coogar: 12:10pm On Sep 25, 2012
sniperwolf: What's all these hype about iPhone 5 when the customer are complaining about simple app. THE MAP. It's so hilarious that they can't fix a common map.
iPhone 4 users are still Skeptical about upgrading there OS to that of iPhone 5 and someone here is breaking his head for a fvcked up phone.
I'm not a doubter, but that figure is fabricated!
Before you shoot me, these are my opinion

absolutely!
you are entitled to your opinion but don't abuse the privilege......

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

9mobile Introduces 1.5GB Data Plan For N200 / Is It Possible To Repair Burnt Phone Charger ? / Dont Fall for Airtel 100 naira For 1GB Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.