Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,978 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

How To Lose 2 To 4 Pounds A Week!!! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Lose 2 To 4 Pounds A Week!!! (1948 Views)

Pounds A Year. Adjust Your Habits 9 Sleep / 8 Easiest Ways To Lose Weight / How To Lose 10 Pounds (4-6kg) In One Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Lose 2 To 4 Pounds A Week!!! by Nobody: 12:27am On Sep 23, 2012
Now this is not my idea, but I've tried it and.....IT WORKS!!!!!
I'm not gonna ask you for your money, or recommend some stuuupid herbal tea or shite like that, no! Just....Intervals!
Watch the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZFmkEtogcM&feature=player_embedded
Re: How To Lose 2 To 4 Pounds A Week!!! by Nobody: 12:30am On Sep 23, 2012
[size=18pt]8 rules for losing 2-to-4 lbs. each week doing intervals…[/size]

1..........Your interval workout should last for 10-to-40 minutes so…

o.....Any workout lasting longer than 40 minutes IS NOT an interval workout and it's really just a slower fast loss cardio workout no matter how hard you think you're working out so if your workouts are lasting longer than 40 minutes…
o.....You need to go here to see how to make your interval workout so tough that you will not dare go over 40 minutes &…
o.....If intervals are too hard for you then start of by doing easier (but longer) cardio workouts like walking at a normal pace for 3 miles.

2..........The hard parts of your interval workout should last 10-to-40 seconds
o.....You want to start off by doing the longer but not so intense 30-to-40 second intervals before you progress to doing the shorter but much more intense 10-to-30 second intervals - for example…
o.....For your 1st 3 treadmill interval workouts you would run at a normal-to-above normal pace for 30-to-40 seconds for your hard part and then after your 1st 3 treadmill interval workouts…
o.....You would start running at a much faster pace on a treadmill as if a dog where chasing you for 10-to-30 seconds for your hard parts.

3..........The easy parts of your interval workout should last 10-to-90 seconds
o.....You'll get your best results if you do your easy parts or rest about the same amount of time you did your hard parts so basically…
o.....If you did jumping jacks real fast for 20 seconds for your hard parts then your easy part or rest period should be no more than 20 seconds but…
o.....Beginners can start off by having longer easy parts or rest periods before progressing to shorter easy parts for faster fat loss.

4..........Make sure the hard parts of your interval workout are actually HARD!
o.....On a scale of 1-to-10 with 10 being real hard - Be at a 7 or more for your hard parts and…
o.....Make your hard parts so hard that you can't wait for the easy parts to come up so you can rest and…
o.....If you feel like you're going to die during your hard parts (but you're not nauseous, dizzy or anything serious like that) then that's a good thing! and…
o.....Your hard parts need to be so intense that you can't really talk to anyone & 100% of your focus should all be on giving your maximum effort for 10-to-40 seconds.

5..........Make sure the easy parts of your interval workout are actually EASY!
o.....On a scale of 1-to-10 with 1 being doing absolutely nothing - Be at a 1-to-4 for your easy parts.

6..........Only do high intensity interval workouts 3-to-4 days a week
o.....If you feel like you can do your interval workout more than 4 days per week then truthfully…
o.....You're really not working out hard enough to lose 2-to-4 pounds per week because if you actually did an interval workout that kicked your ass every time you wouldn't even dare doing them more than 3-to-4 days per week. Go here to see how to make your interval workouts tougher but there are 3 exceptions to this rule…
--1...If you're doing a lot of short 10-to-20 minute interval workouts then more than 4 days per week is okay and it may be necessary if you're only doing shorter 10 minute workouts.
--2...You have a high fitness level and/or are used to doing intervals after many weeks.
--3...You're highly motivated by the fast weight loss results you're getting from intervals and don't mind having your ass kicked more than 4 days per week.

7..........Do your interval workouts 2 times a day for faster fat loss
o.....Tip: Do 1 of your interval workouts first thing in the morning before breakfast and then another one in the evening - go here to see why
o.....You can do more than 2 interval workouts in a given day if they only last 10-to-20 minutes. - See fast weight loss tip #1 here

8..........Always Do your interval workouts LAST in a workout
o.....Preferably it's better to do intervals after your muscle building or toning workouts to burn even more fat faster - See fast weight loss tip # 14 here but generally…
o.....Intervals are so tough that they may be the only thing you do in a workout and to burn a little more fat after you've finished doing intervals…
o.....You can do a light 15-to-45 minute cardio workout as a cool down.
Re: How To Lose 2 To 4 Pounds A Week!!! by Nobody: 1:04am On Sep 23, 2012
[size=18pt]5 ways to lose weight even faster doing high intensity intervals…[/size]

1.....You can make your easy parts shorter. (but no shorter than 10 seconds)
2.....You make your hard parts longer. (but no longer than 40 seconds)
3.....You can do your interval workout longer. (but no longer than 40 minutes)
4.....You can workout harder during your hard parts. (ex. Run or walk faster, walk on an incline or wear a weight vest)
5.....You can do a different interval workout. (ex. Instead of doing intervals on a treadmill you can do intervals on an elliptical or a bike)

Each time you do an interval workout you want to push yourself that extra inch each time to keep burning more & more fat each time so for example - If you did an interval workout on the treadmill where you ran at 7.1 mph for your hard parts then the next time you want to run at least 7.2 mph
Re: How To Lose 2 To 4 Pounds A Week!!! by Nobody: 1:09am On Sep 23, 2012
[size=18pt]5 Reasons why high intensity interval training burns fat faster…[/size]

1.....You burn more calories in a shorter period of time.

You'll lose weight faster doing a 10-to-30 minute interval workout 3-to-4 times a week than if you did a regular 30-to-60 minute cardio workout like walking everyday so…

Even if you don't have time to workout - You can replace a 45-to-60 minute walk with a 15-to-20 minute Run/Walk interval and still lose the same amount of weight faster because…
You'll burn more calories doing intervals because they're more intense plus…

2. Your body burns calories even after you've finished an interval workout.

Your fat-burning metabolism stays elevated for 12-to-48 hours after an interval workout - Go here to learn more about the "After burn effect" and…

3. Intervals are the best workouts you can do to lose stubborn fat

Whenever you need to break out of a weight loss plateau and/or lose your last 10 pounds… Intervals are your best weapon for burning off stubborn body fat and…

4. Intervals do a better job of toning & firming up your body.

When you do lose a lot of weight doing intervals you will not have any loose skin leftover because intervals help you build muscle that firms and tones your body preventing you from having any loose skin after you lose lots of weight and…

5. Research proves that intervals help you lose fat faster.

Although a higher percentage of the calories you burn doing low intensity cardio for long periods of time are fat calories… You'll still end up burning way more overall fat calories doing intervals mainly because of the after burn effect where your body burns calories both during & after your workout and research backs this up…

Australian researchers found that people who did intervals ONLY 3 times a week for 20 minutes lost more fat than people who did low intensity cardio for long periods of time.
Re: How To Lose 2 To 4 Pounds A Week!!! by Nobody: 1:14am On Sep 23, 2012
[size=18pt]High Intensity Interval workout routines you can do to burn fat faster…[/size]

4 Beginner interval weight loss exercise routines

Intermediate hill or stair interval weight loss routines

Advanced Walk-jog-run Interval weight loss workout

Playing sports like tennis, racquetball and basketball are good interval workouts because you're always switching between actual playing & resting and…

Special fat loss & total body toning interval weight loss workout
Re: How To Lose 2 To 4 Pounds A Week!!! by Nobody: 1:15am On Sep 23, 2012
[size=28pt]So What is high intensity interval training?[/size]

In high intensity interval training you switch between doing something hard like running for 10-to-40 seconds and then for the next minute (or 60-to-90 seconds)… You'd switch back to something easy like walking and…

You'd keep switching back and forth like this between running for 10-to-40 seconds (the hard part) & walking for 60-to-90 seconds (the easy part) for 10-to-40 minutes.
Re: How To Lose 2 To 4 Pounds A Week!!! by Nobody: 1:17am On Sep 23, 2012
Re: How To Lose 2 To 4 Pounds A Week!!! by Nobody: 1:24am On Sep 23, 2012
[size=28pt]249 foods that'll help you lose weight fast[/size]

[size=18pt]130 Complex Carbohydrates that help you lose weight…[/size]

1.All whole grain or unprocessed foods
2.Any fruits or vegetables - How fruits & veggies burn fat
3.Oatmeal - How oatmeal prevents your body from storing fat
4.Steel-Cut Oats
5.Plain popcorn - lightly salted
6.Brown rice
7.Wild rice
8.Wheat Germ
9.Potatoes
10.Wheat breads (Avoid White breads)
11.Granary bread
12.Pitta bread
13.Wheat Bagel
14.Wholegrain cereals
15.High fiber breakfast cereals like All Bran and Fiber One
16.Porridge
17.Grits
18.Oats
19.Shredded wheat
20.Whole wheat pretzels
21.Muesli
22.Cassava
23.Corn
24.Amaranth
25.Oatcakes
26.Pastas made with wheat like Macaroni or Spaghetti
27.Whole Barley
28.Buckwheat / Buckwheat pasta
29.Quinoa
30.Sprouted bread (Ezekiel bread)
Re: How To Lose 2 To 4 Pounds A Week!!! by 3rdSimonAndal(m): 2:37am On Sep 23, 2012
[size=28pt]249 foods that'll help you lose weight fast[/size]
(in bold are stuff you can find in Nigeria)

[size=18pt]130 Complex Carbohydrates that help you lose weight…[/size]

1.All whole grain or unprocessed foods
2.Any fruits or vegetables - How fruits & veggies burn fat
3.Oatmeal - How oatmeal prevents your body from storing fat
4.Steel-Cut Oats
5.Plain popcorn - lightly salted
6.Brown rice
7.Wild rice
8.Wheat Germ
9.Potatoes[b]
[/b]10.Wheat breads (Avoid White breads)
11.Granary bread
12.Pitta bread
13.Wheat Bagel
14.Wholegrain cereals
15.High fiber breakfast cereals like All Bran and Fiber One
16.Porridge
17.Grits
18.Oats
19.Shredded wheat
20.Whole wheat pretzels
21.Muesli
22.Cassava
23.Corn
24.Amaranth
25.Oatcakes
26.Pastas made with wheat like Macaroni or Spaghetti
27.Whole Barley
28.Buckwheat / Buckwheat pasta
29.Quinoa
30.Sprouted bread (Ezekiel bread)

Any vegetables

31.Artichokes
32.Asparagus
33.Arugula
34.Green beans
35.String beans
36.Beets
37.Broccoli
38.Brussels sprouts
39.Cabbage
40.Carrots
41.Cauliflower
42.Celeriac
43.Celery
44.Chervil
45.Chicory
46.Chives
47.Collard Greens
48.Cucumbers
49.Squash
5[b]0.Tomato[/b]
51.Cucumbers
52.Dandelion greens
53.Dill pickles
54.Eggplant
55.Endive
56.Garlic
57.Garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
58.Grapefruit
59.Kale
60.Kidney Beans
61.Kohlrabi
62.Leeks
63.Lettuce
64.Mushrooms
65.Mustard greens
66.Okra
67.Onions
68.Parsley leaves
69.Pinto Beans
70.Turnips
71.Watercress
72.Parsnips (raw/boiled)
73.Peas
74.Peppers (green/red)
75.Pickles (sour/sweet)
76.Pumpkin
77.Radishes
78.Rappini
79.Rhubarb
80.Rutabagas
81.Sauerkraut
82.Salsify
83.Scallions
84.Shallots
85.Sorrel
86.Soybeans
87.Spinach
88.Tomatoes
89.Spirulina
90.Swiss Chard
91.Yams
92.Sweet Potatoes
93.Zucchini
94.Water Cress

Any Fruits

Although fruits are simple carbs… the fructose or sugar contained in fruits will not cause a quick rise in blood sugar that WILL NOT make you store fat as easily if you ate other simple carbs like these bad weight loss foods here plus… fruits contain fiber (see fast weight loss tip #6) and other nutrients that are beneficial to weight loss

95.Apples See how apples prevent your body from absorbing too much fat
96.Apricots
97.Asain Pears
98.Bananas
99.Blackberries(lol)
100.Blackcurrants
101.Blueberries
102.Cantaloupe
103.Cherry
104.Cranberries
105.Currants
106.Damson plum
107.Figs
108.Goji Berries
109.Grapes
110.Honeydew melon
111.Huckleberries
112.Kiwi
113.Kumquats
114.Lemon
115.Limes
116.Loganberries
117.Mangoes
118.Melon
119.Muskmelons
120.Navy beans
121.Nectarines
122.Papaya (pawpaw)
123.Pineapple
124.Plums
125.Pomegranates
126.Prunes
127.Oranges
128.Peach
129.Pear
130.Plum
131.Raspberries
132.Spaghetti Squash
133.Strawberries
134.Quince
135.Tangerines
136.Watermelon

[size=28pt]79 High Protein foods that help you lose weight…[/size]

Any animal sources…

1.Orangic Beef (range-fed or game)
2.Cornish hen
3.Chicken - Lean Chicken breast (skinless)
4.Turkey - Deli Turkey breast / Skinless Turkey breast
5.Quail
6.Duck
7.Goose
8.Emu
9.Leanest cuts of Beef like Red round steaks and roasts, top loin, top sirloin and chuck shoulder and arm roasts.
10.Leanest cuts of pork like pork loin, tenderloin, center loin and ham.
11.Well-trimmed Leg of lamb
12.Bison
13.Rabbitt
14.Deer / Moose / Elk / Caribou
15.Top Round Leg cutlet or Chop cuts of Veal
16.Egg whites / Egg beaters
1[b]7.Eggs[/b]

Most fish & other seafoods…

18.Tuna
19.Sardines
20.Trout
21.Salmon
22.Abalone
23.Bass (fresh water/sea)
24.Cod
25.Roe
26.Perch
27.Pollack
28.Halibut
29.Anchovy
30.Catfish
31.Mackerel
32.Flounder
33.Herring
34.Tilapia
35.Swordfish
36.Whiting
37.Grouper
38.Haddock
39.Snapper
[b]40.Crab
41.Crayfish[/b]
42.Mussels
43.Shrimp

44.Scallops
45.Oysters (half shell)
46.Frog legs
47.Terrapin (turtle)

Any nuts & seeds - High protein foods for vegetarians

48.Unsalted Cashews
49.Unsalted peanuts
50.Raw Almonds
51.Hazelnuts
52.Brazil Nuts
53.Pecans
54.Walnuts
55.Pine Nuts
56.Pistachio Nuts
57.Macadamia Nuts
58.Pistachio nuts
59.Hazelnuts and Filberts
60.Butternuts
61.Beechnuts
62.Pumpkin seeds
63.Sunflower seeds
64.Chia seeds

More high protein foods…

65.Hummus
66.Seitan.
67.Tempeh
68.Natural peanut butter
6[b]9.Natural cashew butter[/b]
70.Natural almond butter
71.Beef Jerky
72.Tofu & Soy products

Quick tip: try to get at least 30% of your total calories from protein because in a Danish study… People who got 30% of their calories from protein lost twice as much weight as people who ate less than 15% of their calories from protein and here's why…

Your body burns the most calories when digesting protein. See fast weight loss tip #7
_
http://www.nowloss.com/Weight_Loss_foods.htm
Re: How To Lose 2 To 4 Pounds A Week!!! by Nobody: 6:50am On Sep 24, 2012
Hey you scam artist, get out of my thread! Ole!
Re: How To Lose 2 To 4 Pounds A Week!!! by passionate88: 11:47am On Oct 31, 2012
Nice... I've always thought chicken makes one fat, but now I know it's just the skin... Thanks dude.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Lose 2 To 4 Pounds A Week!!! by smurfman: 11:33am On Aug 01, 2017
I love this thread a lot of useful information. Now I'm working out three times a week and I'm already seeing a difference in my arms and belly. I hope I'll continue to see better results as time goes by. My only challenge is cooking. I don't have time to cook meals every night. It seems like I need to come up a meal prep plan. Luckily I came across a plan of healthy dinner ideas that I will definitely incorporate in my meal prepping. For the first time I feel like I'm making progress staying hungry, and I think this is something I can keep up with long term. If you're in the same place as me, just make sure you follow a plan that will work for you...listen to your body and make adjustments if you need to.

(1) (Reply)

Help! Help!! Help!!! Am Failing My Wife / The Nighmare Called Staph Aureus / Monkey Sugarcane And Its Medicinal Importance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.