Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,015 members, 7,835,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

The Controversal Food - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Controversal Food (827 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Controversal Food by engrtee(f): 11:01am On Sep 23, 2012
I visitd my uncles place on friday. The three children aged 8,10 and 13 years didnt even ask me to sit down b4 bombardin me wit this question

they had rcivd a cal frm mumy(my uncle wife) informin them of her late arival due to d present abuja -lokoja road flood. She asked them to cook jellof rice.

D children(al boys) hadnt cookd b4 but had been watchin the mum and hausehelp cook. It was lyk an adventre for them.

The ten year old slicd the onions,the tomatoe, and got every ingredient ready.he also perboiled the rice.he boild d meat.

The 13 year old used d tomatoe,oil ,meatetc to make stew.he aded the ingredients.

The 8 year old aded d perboild rice bak to d pot containin d stew. He also aded d meat and waitd for everytin to be wel done b4 bringin d pot down.

By 12 pm dat day,my uncle his wife and d hause help came bak home frm kogi.the fud was wel cookd for first timers . My uncle promisd a favor for the persn that cookd d fud.

D three are claiming their role was d most important. And hence ,each shud claim d award.

D 13year old want a dish so as to watch film, englishleague. D 10 year old want a phone. The 8 year old want a game. Either pxp or ps2.

No one is wilin to gve in for the other. WHO COOKD d fud?
Re: The Controversal Food by dominique(f): 12:26pm On Sep 24, 2012
None of the above. They deserve nothing but a plain simple 'thank you' from the folks. Why in the world would you exchange expensive gifts with your kids for cooking you a meal I would never raise my kids so materialistic and believing they deserve something in exchange for their good deeds.

1 Like

Re: The Controversal Food by UmericanGirl(f): 9:46pm On Sep 27, 2012
Nobody should be "rewarded" for doing their part as a member of the family. I agree with dominique that a simple "thank you" should suffice.

(1) (Reply)

Teach Me How To Cook Your Local Soup / How Much Will You Worth To Ever Think Of Buying These Drink / Beware Of Fake Plastic Rice From China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.